test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

E3 preview

Comments

• macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Man u dont even imagine how happy i am to see statments like: "That's a Passive Perception Check"

I was RLY AFFRAID that cryptic left behind skills, well we still not know how skill will work but im very happy to at least see perception and probably insight pasive skills :D

For now, im still hungry for more news :P
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am super excited about all the new info coming outta E3, but I was really hoping for some new and more exciting info from the devs posted on these forums by now. Guess there's nothing to do but wait some more........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    faleth77 wrote: »
    I am super excited about all the new info coming outta E3......

I don't think there has been any new info... or have they released something today?

p.s. even the reviews say it - no new info, but a good enjoyable hands-on experience.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nicely done. Updated my New Users FAQ with the UI info provided from one of these reviews too, so thanks for that too!

I'm soooo looking forward to trap detection...or pushing the guardian fighter in the room :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Gamebreaker.tv

Oh my, they speak about hybrids :P Good video
  • granmazzogranmazzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Uh a lot of update this morning :)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, not exactly "hybrid." They really were talking about the MMO classic build and using non-standard builds (as in control wizard, trickster rogue, etc) over the hybrid class per se'. The comment with my icon on the reply list there is me. If I'm wrong, we'll soon see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Well, not exactly "hybrid." They really were talking about the MMO classic build and using non-standard builds (as in control wizard, trickster rogue, etc) over the hybrid class per se'. The comment with my icon on the reply list there is me. If I'm wrong, we'll soon see.

I dont know if u are familiar with 4th edition rules, if not:
    The Hybrid character rules allow you to combine elements of two diferent classes into a whole. Effectively, you create a brand-new class from portions of two classes.

In the players handbook 1 there only 2 class roles per class (For wizards we have control wizard and war wizard), since my understanding of the inglish language is not the best im not sure if in the video they are rly speaking about hybrid class or if they are pointing for more roles to a specific class.

Although, as an hardcore pnp player, i never built any specific role to my classes, roles in pnp are simply feats, powers, skills and ability-scores suggestions to help players.

I never actually chose any specific roles, i always build a class by chosing my powers, skills and feats as i like :) Unfortenly i dont think we will have that kind of freedom in neverwinter :(

Anyways, this is not the best place to disscuss this. Thanks everyone for ur updates :)
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I dont know if u are familiar with 4th edition rules, if not:

Truth knows about hybrid and multiclass as most of us here do, as we have discussed it over and over again. However, the builds here refer to standard builds - like trickster rogue etc. These builds are written on the introduction page of the classes in pnp.

Thee has been no info apart from these builds, so we don't know hybrid or even multiclass would be in at launch. Though I sure hope they are there soon.
    edited June 2012
    Yep. Not only do I know the 4th edition rules expertly. I know ALL edition rules of D&D/AD&D and am the "go to" person or "sage" if you have a D&D question. I've played it for over three decades, so feel free to ask me any questions you have on D&D. My handle sorta gives it away ;)

Oh, and thanks to other people's suggestions, especially gillrmn, I also have a stickied thread on all quetions new users can ask about this Neverwinter Online game, but may not be covered in the official Neverwinter About/FAQ. My thread is here and their About/FAQ is there. Andre, gillrmn I and several others have posted info on character/rules/links quite often (such as Andre's Free 4th edition links and "the linkmaster" gillrmn's compilation of all Neverwinter user-requested ideas, while granmazzo is our link master of everything Neverwinter Online related.

So, yeah, I know what I'm saying when I am differentiating between a Build optional made potentially mandatory from the 4e system to the MMO game versus the hybrid class from the 4e system and the misapplication of its term in the MMO game (and those who reply about me have cred as well.)

And in no way was I trying to put you or anybody else down. I realize when you have a reply of detailed informative information with no voice, it could be taken different ways. My goal is to educate and clarify and helkp others. I hope you can do that with us too macabrivs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Bump to the top

http://ragingnerds.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/e3-2012-dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter/

"Queing System" party groups

"not just pest control" spiders and rats (H'mm what other mmo comes to mind)

"Races, Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halfelves, Tieflings, Drow, Halflings, and this is not our full roster for launch" "and support beyond Launch"

http://www.f2p.com/content/3354-%C2%96-E3-2012-%C2%97-Our-team-has-filmed-and-exclusive-Neverwinter-gameplay-presentation

luvin the earthquake
    edited June 2012
    Hey, ty ryvvik you are a really link hound ;)

TY Iamthetruthseeker i hope in a new DnD paragon path called "Link Master" :)

This time we have a lot of article from press but very little new information.

I hope in an awekening of the neverwinter official site and/or a return of Stormshade
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    granmazzo wrote: »
    Hey, ty ryvvik you are a really link hound ;)

Just trying to find some new info for everyone Neverwinter Bruv, doesnt matter if its just a small sentence or a paragraph, least its something to feed off, and put my 2 bobs worth in contributing to the website.

"Events"

•Each zone features several unique events, from public missions to instanced events and dungeons"

Themed Zones
    •Fight back the orcs in the Tower District, a burned down, war torn field of battle.
    •Face unknown terrors in The Temple of The Spider.
    •Explore Mount Hotenow, the massive Volcano which is home to the ancient Dwarven city of Gauntlgrym.
    •Protect the Sword Coast from bloodthirsty werewolves in Vellosk

http://icrontic.com/article/neverwinter-hands-on-demo-e3

Alien Effects for Alien pc's for neverwinter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUCu21EtnM

http://aggrogamer.com/article/2691/E3-2012-Hands-On-Neverwinter

BETA CODE giveaway News (bottom page, last paragraph)
    edited June 2012
    Awwww Yeah, Zeke and Pokket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbrHCUwu4XM

Stop looking at Pokketb:dirtyb

"TRINITY Is there", you will still have ways of getting through the game if one particular class is not there"

+ SPOILER ALERT

"System Specs"

"HEALER is Heavily in development" they actually talk about it

"when you switch from a trickster rogue to a guardian fighter it felles Different"

granmazzo throw this to the top, GREAT INTERVIEW
    edited June 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    granmazzo throw this to the top, GREAT INTERVIEW

I did it b:pleased
  • perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2012
    I am getting that feeling of hunger for more info about NWO. The interviews never seem to satisfy that hunger and just serve stimulate my appetite. I can't wait for release. I am glad that Pokket ditched the neon colored hair. She is a very attractive girl with naturally beautiful hair.
    edited June 2012
    From Andre's Free Beta spoof, a real article was linked as well as linked above on the so-called Beta info:

http://aggrogamer.com/article/2691/E3-2012-Hands-On-Neverwinter

However, I'm not holding my breath on that Beta date in the last paragraph until somebody confirms it.

And I liked the Neon hair of Pokket, but she does look better without it.

Edit: Don't know how I missed it, but this is one of the most awesome interviews I have read yet from MMORPG.com on this game.

So awesome, I am updating my New Users FAQ to list the information on loot drops, and that's only a small part of this article, huzzah!

Did I have fun with these RAID loot questions though? Yeah yeah yeah.... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Bumpity Bump Bump

http://www.curse.com/news/neverwinter/45654-neverwinter-at-e3-interview-walkthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IdqZM_R62_Y#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9lIM_frxlgc#!

"reactive Enemies"

Sqez 2 min 57 sec top video
    "But You Could absolutely expect Maybe like A Great Weapon Fighter, or Archer ranger that comes out or a 2 bladed ranger that comes out a little bit later"
    edited June 2012
    Curse and aggrogamer added
    edited June 2012
    D'oh! I read it here and completely missed HALFLINGS from our raging nerds. Thanks qumi0 for reposting the link to me, and that race is now updated on my FAQ as well as the clarified Build info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Goharur

goharu gameplay

It seems crafting will be intresting according to Andy :)
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Goharur

goharu gameplay

I've been thinking how crafting works in 4E and therefore Neverwinter. I didn't care for 4E so I don't recall (the PHB is about 10 ft from me but I'm too lazy at the moment to get up). In 3.5E crafting would have been a combination of crafting feats and skills. Maybe it's similar in 4E.

I think it would be fun to be a part of a merchant system. We could be apprenticed to a master crafter and work in their shop.
    edited June 2012
    The devs said there is a crafting system in Neverwinter, and that's all they said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    We are going to build food, clothing and weapons with legos. That is the secret. Don't tell anybody.
    edited June 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    We are going to build food, clothing and weapons with legos. That is the secret. Don't tell anybody.

lol lol lol lol
    edited June 2012
    Goharur

goharu gameplay

Ya know, it just hit me watching those above links, Andy speaks Russian?! Or were the translated questions hidden somewhere?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Ya know, it just hit me watching those above links, Andy speaks Russian?! Or were the translated questions hidden somewhere?

Was probably translated before the guy made the question :) I just linked the videos coz andy seems rly excited about crafting and how diferent it will be from what we are used to, guess we will have to wait and see if is diferent for good or for bad heheh

Also the control wizard gameplay in an non-instanciated area look rly cool for me :)
    edited June 2012
    Also the control wizard gameplay in an non-instanciated area look rly cool for me :)

Aye Ditto on that.

vangald wrote: »
    edited June 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Aye Ditto on that.

Is that...D&D LEGO on the sig there ryvvik?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Is that...D&D LEGO on the sig there ryvvik?

was just showing full weapon damage, rapiers versus skeletons :)

the closest we may ever get to D&d lego there Truth

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Products/9474.aspx?icmp=COUS25HomeWN2LOTRNewProducts