test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

E3 preview

Comments

• granmazzogranmazzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ehy Cryptic, post a preview list in the official site so i add this new preview from there :

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/07/e3-2012-hands-on-with-neverwinter-combat/
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The combat is very similar to Tera, which is pretty fun. I'm really looking forward to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    A video of dungeon devling, I think it's new: http://digi.vg/topics/210191/e3-2012-dungeon-delve-walkthrough-cam

SicA$$ed find, that looks really good, the combat and the fluidness of the controls, they have done a really nice job.

great work cryptic

hope we see some footage of traps, disarming ect.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    IGN review
    F2P.com
    GameTrailer.com
    GameBreaker (check their review after the trailer)
    technologytell

I will keep searching for new neverwinter reviews and videos :) Ill post what i find here
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good stuff so far. I am very happy to see the dungeon delve gameplay as well as Andy's Guardian Fighter gameplay.

I just hope we get more info now . . .

:0)
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    macabrivs wrote: »
    GameBreaker (check their review after the trailer)

I will keep searching for new neverwinter reviews and videos :) Ill post what i find here
    Quivers on the ranged goons, FTW

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/94768/e3-2012-neverwinter-may-be-a-perfect-world/

"this game is set in the world of Greyhawk" WTF

lazytechguys

This one have some intresting sreenshots :)

Nicey 8)
    edited June 2012
    lazytechguys

• devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    lazytechguys

Ugh, I really hope they fix the Tiefling models dealing with the horns and helmets.
    edited June 2012
    Hey hey hey good morning and thanks to macabrivs . I have just updated the OP.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    One thing I read in those articles was the debate on whether to have a static shield animation that gives a protection buff for the fighter or to make it directional so that he has to aim the shield at the enemy in order block damage. I can see pro's and con's of both. In fact I may need to start a thread for us to debate it ourselves ;)
    edited June 2012
    there are a lot of info to debate , example do y have notice that from the character tab is disappeared the feat list? only character sheet and power :(
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    That is especially concerning :(
    edited June 2012
    Gamebreaker
    Violent Gamer

Gameplay videos start to pop up now on youtube, but theres no rly much to add on what we see already, so i dont know if i should keep posting them in here.

Anyways, theres 2 more for ya hehe
    edited June 2012
    I added MMORPG preview but not the 2 you say because don't add so much, ty anyway
  • seikilosseikilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The gameplay video looks smooth to me. What was up with that one trailer then?

"There's a very strong storyline throughout the game. So it's more of a story-based game closer to things like Dragon Age or Oblivion, which we really try to follow."

Me gusta
    me%20gusta.png

Edit: aw can't post pic.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I noticed those laszytechguys screenshots and say a "class powers" in one of them. I updated my Neverwinter Online New Users Guide with them, and now included a section for this thread. Keep up the good work everybody!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I update a video we have just seen but i think this time the quality it's better.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seikilos wrote: »
    The gameplay video looks smooth to me. What was up with that one trailer then?

Exactly, the same thing I wondered. Did they make the gameplay video an year ago for that launch?

Also, perhaps they said that their video capture tool on server was having some problems. Can it be that? Thats why I asked the question here to see if they can confirm that its the tool which they use that hangs but nobody responded (except for forum users)...
    edited June 2012
    http://www.tekgoblin.com/2012/06/09/e3-2012-cryptic-studios-brings-us-free-mmo-neverwinter/

"Well it?s free, so what they give you on release day is going to be it.? I asked and was told that, no, they plan to do at least three major game updates every year to keep the story going and keep players engaged."

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Dungeons_and_Dragons_Neverwinter/

some newish thumbs

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Dungeons_and_Dragons_Neverwinter/ss-014.jpg

check out the bonegolem/ or correct me if im wrong
    edited June 2012
    TY ryvvik i have updated the OP
    edited June 2012
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/8/3072042/neverwinter-preview

"That sounds like ... a lot of MMOs, I concede. The golden triangle of damage mitigation, damage-per-second and healing has been done to death. But the Neverwinter demo I played blended that concept with pitch-perfect, reflex-based combat, which few games can boast."

"There were other neat invocations of the D&D property, like the time I ran into a treasure-filled room right behind our Rogue, who managed to automatically see the buzzsaw traps embedded in the floor that I could not."

" That's a Passive Perception Check, holmes"

interview Jack Emmert (1st video after gameplay trailer wait for it to finish)

3min 17-instances

3 min 45-no regenerating health
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "No regenerating health, so bring your cleric, bring your health potions, bring a campfire... and hopefully a pet that can heal ya, because that's the way you've gotta recover. Just like in classic D&D."

Bring a campfire? A pet? Did he just give away some new details about resting? And did he confirm pets?

Fantastic interview!
    edited June 2012
    Good article ty ryvik
  • perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2012
    Some nice little snippets of info there. Makes me giddy thinking about Rangers with a wolf pet and using campfires for healing. I desperately hope that Rangers are in at release.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    aescleal wrote: »
    "No regenerating health, so bring your cleric, bring your health potions, bring a campfire... and hopefully a pet that can heal ya, because that's the way you've gotta recover. Just like in classic D&D."

Bring a campfire? A pet? Did he just give away some new details about resting? And did he confirm pets?

Fantastic interview!

I just hope that they just don't go down the healbot route. "Heal MEEEEE!!! NOW!!!!" are getting a strict response of "pot urself." Being F2P there is a lot of instances like these I forsee. Love to play as a cleric but am more of battle/support cleric and not much for healing... at least not healing spamming.

Pets were always planned and just more of a confirmation, early they said there will be companions and even how that loathsome overly adored by the masses Drizzit as a conpanion. Seems like there is a renaming but they've opened a canned of worms by that comment. I just hope that they have a Beatmaster Ranger.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just hope that they just don't go down the healbot route. "Heal MEEEEE!!! NOW!!!!" are getting a strict response of "pot urself." Being F2P there is a lot of instances like these I forsee. Love to play as a cleric but am more of battle/support cleric and not much for healing... at least not healing spamming.

I used to like to play cleric in online game(DDO) because it is the controller of party. You are the one who is basically fighting. The barbarian is not up to level? Don't heal him, buff the rogue with protection instead. The tank can't hold aggro? become a tank yourself, heal others. You have no dps? Use vorpal sword (or disruption for undead) while healing yourself and in hundred hits, you will eventually get a kill.

So if in a party, other players are chess pieces, cleric is the one who plays them. If you play such a powerful class as a 'healbot', you are basically demoting a 'player' to the level of 'pawn' or 'bishop'. Whenever I see healbots who are not starting players, I just feel sad that they are not playing to their potential.

However, neverwinter is based on 4e, and in 4e it not like 3e as I mentioned way before:
    3e
    lvl<10 Wiz dies
    lvl>10 Wiz lives

4e
    all classes are same

And they took platemail away so it crippled this powerful class. But even in 4e, cleric is still a 'gamechanger' or 'player' class and thankfully not a healer class. The day dnd cleric turns into 'healer' class - all my cleric characters (20 till now) will commit suicide en masse.
    And I will be busy writing their epitaphs...

EDIT1: in this color
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    interview Jack Emmert (1st video after gameplay trailer wait for it to finish)

3min 17-instances

3 min 45-no regenerating health

The video no longer links Jack's Interview. Can somebody provide that link please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    GamerLife.com

Heres one more video
    edited June 2012
    I updated with a new Gamespot preview and the video interview indicated from Macabrivis
    edited June 2012
    GamerLife.com

Heres one more video

Truth this is it, just youtubed, just in case you didnt read it.

"On my control wizard I had a pair of awesome crowd control powers. One pushed enemies away from my character which on the surface seems like more of a defensive move. However, during my dungeon run with that character I was able to combine my utility power to shadowstep directly in front of a group of goblin archers standing along the edge of a massive chasm. This skill allowed me to neatly shove them over the edge to their doom with plenty of offensive gusto."

http://www.tentonhammer.com/neverwinter/e3-2012/hands-on-preview

While there may technically be some overlap in the usage of cold-based attacks to slow or stop enemies in their tracks, that’s only one part of the ‘control’ aspect of the class.

Instead, think of an elemental mage tossed in a blender with a classic EverQuest enchanter, add a dash of magic missiles, a pinch of SWTOR force choke, and a dab of Rock-em Sock-em Robots, and you’re getting much warmer. The control wizard offers each of these things in varying doses, and allows you to weave them together for some interesting effects.

"The beta for Neverwinter is expected to hit sometime around early September"

"All told, characters generally only have 7 attacks to choose from, but this is part of the design of the game; Neverwinter’s creators know that most players really only use about 7 or so attacks from their MMO characters’ builds, so they have elected to have more classes and class builds with a limited, fixed set of powers, rather than an overwhelming stable of powers with many that rarely see use."

http://padinga.com/2012/06/09/e3-never-fear-for-neverwinter/

"expect plenty of content and support to come coming after the release. Considering how big the world already is, this means there should be no shortage of gameplay anytime soon after the game’s late 2012 release."

http://gotgame.com/2012/06/11/e3-2012-neverwinter-brings-back-fond-memories/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=e3-2012-neverwinter-brings-back-fond-memories

1min09 flash of gameplay

Andy Poses with Elven Betty's, "Dude why hide the neverwinter shirt"

1min28

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6380830/gamespot-livecam-2-day-1-highlight-reel-2012