Install Arc
Options

Has Stormshade said anything.......

2»

Comments

• Options
    sethchalksethchalk Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    So far not very impressed......zero communication on a game that is launching in less than six months no basic tools on the forums ( the ability to report spam multi avatars emotes that don't suck etc) in fact this no longer feels like it's Cryptics show.

Folks know me I'm not one to doom cry , but frankly I'm concerned.

Go check out the MWO forums. www.mwomercs.com Lots of chat with the devs and a hyperactive community. Much more entertaining than the tumbleweeds here.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    That's what I got from asking about news on twitter. I would prefer something like "in about a week" or "just a few more days", instead of an indefinite time period...

See using twitter and not this forum to say that is a bad move mainly because many people are currently boycotting twitter due to their cowardice on racism homophobia and bullying under the guise of free speech; SWTOR uses twitter, but they also make sure to pop on the forums and let folks know whats going on first.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    sethchalk wrote: »
    Go check out the MWO forums. www.mwomercs.com Lots of chat with the devs and a hyperactive community. Much more entertaining than the tumbleweeds here.

The thread to suggest other games while we wait is here somewhere..MineCraft is currently draining the life from my grandson. He missed the dance to play with his friends, but lets not go down that road.....b:laugh
  • Options
    tharartharar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    See using twitter and not this forum to say that is a bad move mainly because many people are currently boycotting twitter due to their cowardice on racism homophobia and bullying under the guise of free speech; SWTOR uses twitter, but they also make sure to pop on the forums and let folks know whats going on first.

He got asked a question on twitter and responded on twitter. Anything but uncommon. He didn't leak any news we didn't already know so there was no reason to post to the forums.

If you want PR that DOES abuse their forum users and keep them utterly in the dark while releasing all sorts of info on facebook and twitter look no farther than BF3 and the battlelog forums. THAT is a case-study in how not to treat your customers.

Regardless I don't see what the issue is with no information being released. E3 is right around the corner and it's not uncommon at all to not get information until right before the game is released (short of tease trailers and what not). Plus it's silly for companies to release game info right before a large press conference like E3. Just chill and wait till June 4th.
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    tharar wrote: »
    He got asked a question on twitter and responded on twitter. Anything but uncommon. He didn't leak any news we didn't already know so there was no reason to post to the forums.

If you want PR that DOES abuse their forum users and keep them utterly in the dark while releasing all sorts of info on facebook and twitter look no farther than BF3 and the battlelog forums. THAT is a case-study in how not to treat your customers.

Regardless I don't see what the issue is with no information being released. E3 is right around the corner and it's not uncommon at all to not get information until right before the game is released (short of tease trailers and what not). Plus it's silly for companies to release game info right before a large press conference like E3. Just chill and wait till June 4th.

If we get info only when a huge event if happening then the existance of this forum is pointless. You can read/comment on big portals like ign. From a forum maintained by developer team I require something more than what I can get anyway elsewhere.

You also forgot tharar that we wait from about 24 April for news, not from today. And it's over a month.

It's not silly. They can release different info on the press conference. Blizzard was releasing info about weekly.

Plus, it seems they are rather slow with updating the forum. The dev tracker is still not working, the class info on mainpage is still not there - it seems like this isn't simply their priority. I don't blame Stormshade, I simply blame whoever is responsible for the marketing strategy of this game. That person should have a serious talk with his/her manager.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    If we get info only when a huge event if happening then the existance of this forum is pointless. You can read/comment on big portals like ign. From a forum maintained by developer team I require something more than what I can get anyway elsewhere.

You also forgot tharar that we wait from about 24 April for news, not from today. And it's over a month.

It's not silly. They can release different info on the press conference. Blizzard was releasing info about weekly.

Plus, it seems they are rather slow with updating the forum. The dev tracker is still not working, the class info on mainpage is still not there - it seems like this isn't simply their priority. I don't blame Stormshade, I simply blame whoever is responsible for the marketing strategy of this game. That person should have a serious talk with his/her manager.

Bingo...my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012

I don't anyone that is boycotting twitter. I didn't even know people are boycotting twitter and it certainly hasn't been on my newsfeed.

If you choose to avoid Facebook, Twitter, and other sources then you lose out on news. It's as simple as that.

This is a place for us to discuss the game. Even if there is no new info we can still discuss the game, what our hopes are, and what we like and don't like about MMOs and D&D. The information demands and forum drama really come across as needy and a bit juvenile. That forum apocalypse thread is totally ludicrous.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    There was time people didn't know about facebook etc. and no one give a xxxx about it. Mass media told you it's important and you belive it. I don't know how it looks in USA but in europe people don't really care about FB. There was some hype but it's ending now anyway...

FB and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are selling your data to other companies so if someone say that he will give you a product for free then it means that most likely you are a product.

I prefer small community way more than fb and others because on these small forums you can find people talking about something usefull and what's most important they know what they are talking about.

This is a drama of 21 century and it's just waste of time thinking about something really pointless that is not going to change your everyday life a bit.

p.s my stupid friend did trol when i was in shop....

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well it appears PWE got what they wanted and have attracted the types who arent really considerate of the community we once had here.

That's not cool.. but hopefully E3 and future promotional efforts attracts more mature gamers that will actually want to contribute something valuable to the forum community and game.

We shall see. Like some others who've been around and contributed much time and effort to this once dedicated community, I will be taking a step back and let the youngsters fight amongst themselves. Posting on here is just not fun any longer (at least for the time being)... hopefully that will change.

PS: I will continue to seek out and recruit mature gamers interested in a drama free established multi-game guild, with an old school D&D philosophy... those who cherish camaraderie. Immature asshats and those inconsiderate of others naturally are not invited. Basically I'm looking for gamers who plan to stick around and truly contribute to the community both in game and on the forum, and/or simply being a good neighbor. Come game time, we will be ready to ROCK!

I believe deep down good strong guilds are what will make Neverwinter a strong, enduring game, and Tyrs Paladium will contribute from Day One.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    seikilosseikilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I never played any PWE games but i heard they dont give much info about their incoming games and even updates.

That said, i think thats what is happening with Neverwinter this days, no one say anything and we dont get any new info.

I dont think the releasing new info thing is cryptic job anymore :/

Hopefully we will have more info at the end of the month if we are lucky

From my experiences of being a PWE player for 2 years(?), they do give infos and updates about their upcoming games. RaiderZ has its own community manager and she not only give us infos and updates, but talk to us (and even played with us during alpha test). Same with Blacklight. Idk what's up with Neverwinter.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I believe and hope that E3 will give a new life to foruns, i dont think cryptic/PWE will show the same demo they did at Pax East lol damn i rly hope not.

Maybe we will get more interviews and more info about how the game will work, well maybe thats why stormshade and the dev team are so busy lately.

But yeah i agree with most of u, this foruns should be a place to update the comunity about Neverwinter, like qumi0 said, been in this foruns or ign is the same thing :/ In my opinion the lack of info is killing the foruns, people try to make new posts and update the old ones but to be honest i dont think we have much more to discuss. Keeping comunity updated is the best way to keep foruns active.

Maybe this is the way they want or maybe they are just to damn busy with the incoming game events, we dont know about that.

The close beta should be start the next month or 2 so i think Cryptic/PWE will or should start to make a much more agreesive marketing.

Lets wait 2 more weeks and we will see lol
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well it appears PWE got what they wanted and have attracted the types who arent really considerate of the community we once had here.

That's not cool.. but hopefully E3 and future promotional efforts attracts more mature gamers that will actually want to contribute something valuable to the forum community and game.

We shall see. Like some others who've been around and contributed much time and effort to this once dedicated community, I will be taking a step back and let the youngsters fight amongst themselves. Posting on here is just not fun any longer (at least for the time being)... hopefully that will change.

PS: I will continue to seek out and recruit mature gamers interested in a drama free established multi-game guild, with an old school D&D philosophy... those who cherish camaraderie. Immature asshats and those inconsiderate of others naturally are not invited. Basically I'm looking for gamers who plan to stick around and truly contribute to the community both in game and on the forum, and/or simply being a good neighbor. Come game time, we will be ready to ROCK! I believe deep down good strong guilds are what will make Neverwinter a strong, enduring game, and Tyrs Paladium will contribute from Day One.

There really is no need to name call Andre, it puts a bit of a hypocritical spin on what you are trying to say; there are always going to be immature people on the internet, making declarations isn't going to change that. I'm sure your guild will do quite well here regardless.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    There really is no need to name call Andre, it puts a bit of a hypocritical spin on what you are trying to say; there are always going to be immature people on the internet, making declarations isn't going to change that. I'm sure your guild will do quite well here regardless.

That's just the way I am. I pull no punches. Im a hardcore gamer, been around a long time. I know how to promote, know our niche, and exactly what I need to do to recruit the right folk. Even though I'm hardcore at times, I enjoy the laid back atmosphere of like minded gamers that are here to educate themselves on becoming the best they can be, and just have fun. And those in our guild will most likely tell you they enjoy the same atmosphere.

That being said, I use the forums as a release sometimes, always to entertain, never to truly harm.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    seikilosseikilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012

PS: I will continue to seek out and recruit mature gamers interested in a drama free established multi-game guild, with an old school D&D philosophy... those who cherish camaraderie. Immature asshats and those inconsiderate of others naturally are not invited. Basically I'm looking for gamers who plan to stick around and truly contribute to the community both in game and on the forum, and/or simply being a good neighbor. Come game time, we will be ready to ROCK!

I believe deep down good strong guilds are what will make Neverwinter a strong, enduring game, and Tyrs Paladium will contribute from Day One.

Most of the drama in this forum was because of the bear smilies of which Cryptic gamers first publicly complained about and not PWE gamers that came after the forum update. There's always <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thrown at "immature" PWE gamers in this forum, while in some PWE forums, Neverwinter is pretty much praised. Maybe those "immature" people in this forum aren't from PWE forums. Maybe they're from other Cryptic forums or PAX East goers, no one knows. I personally came from PWE about 3 months before the forum update, and the only "immature" thing I did was that one political post which I regret.

Maybe people should, I don't know, give suggestions for the game instead of always complaining about the smilies which barely matters. Instead of waiting for the peace to come back, why not take an action.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That's just the way I am. I pull no punches.

Then honestly, you may want to remove the "no drama" from your sig because that causes drama, and I don't think that going to war with PWE fourmites is the best way to promote your guild.

Anyway I hope the forums are more to your liking once the game launches.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Then honestly, you may want to remove the "no drama" from your sig because that causes drama, and I don't think that going to war with PWE fourmites is the best way to promote your guild.

You need to read a bit closer there Storm. Never did I "go to war" with any PWE gamer. I simply made an observation based on my viewpoint of the Neverwinter community as it stands today compared to before the merge. I have a right to give my opinion, just like you have that right. The forum community is evolving, and hopefully will become more energized and cohesive as more information becomes available and we get closer to game time.

As for our guild, we welcome anyone who fits the criteria we set forth in our guild recruitment thread. We have delivered on our drama-free promise for many years. We are quite organized and live by our motto: Play hard, laugh hard and win. We are very friendly to anyone that likes to group with knowledgeable D&D folks without all the typical egos, drama and riff-raff of the typical guild. One thing is certain, we are going to have fun.

• Options
    aavarius1aavarius1 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    Which would you rather Cryptic/PWE spend time and money on?

1.) Developing Neverwinter
    2.) Talking about Neverwinter

That's what all this boils down to. I choose the former over the latter. Any other complaints are auxiliary and/or superfluous at the end of the day if the game is terrible. As such, I'd rather time and money was spent making it awesome.
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We have delivered on our drama-free promise for many years.

Well, considering that you are the central person over more than half the drama in these forums since your so-called "Apocalypse", I find it hard to believe that you have been delivering that promise very diligently... You certainly don't seem the type to participate in petty drama, I'll give you that, but you do have a tendence of dramatising relatively unimportant things...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012

I don't really understand how calling a spade a spade constitutes drama. Is it wrong to even state one's opinions the way one perceives?

Is disagreeing with someone a crime that one has to be seen as going at "war"?

I long for the days when freedom to state one's opinions was considered a virtue.
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I don't really understand how calling a spade a spade constitutes drama. Is it wrong to even state one's opinions the way one perceives?

I really, really doubt that "Forum Apocalypse" falls under the "calling a spade a spade category"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    I really, really doubt that "Forum Apocalypse" falls under the "calling a spade a spade category"...

Well I wasn't going to go there but yeah....

Also one thing I have done since PWE purchased Cryptic I started playing PWI, Rusty Hearts and Forsaken world not because those are "my type of MMO's" (whatever that means) but because I wanted to see what the communities were like.

In short we should be so fortunate to have a community that friendly and helpful, are there kids? Sure, but most of those kids I wouldn't mind being in my group or guild if I were into that kind of thing.

What most people don't understand is PWE has a very unforgiving stance on trolling and harassment in game as in kiss your account goodbye first offense, that tends to foster brotherhood, not that most of the Asian players I have talked to need that stick.

Anyway I would be more concerned with WoW players or GW2 zealots than PWE players.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012

And such is your opinion and I respect that. It doesn't means I will talk you down for having that opinion or take exception against you for holding that opinion. Neither will I go personal about it and make comments on personal level.

I will take your opinion and reason it out without using arguments saying what or who you are.

I hope you do understand what I mean when I say, "freedom to state one's opinions was considered a virtue".
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It's always funny to notice people on forums writing message to younger ones because it always make me ask a question:

Since when you know people on this forum are younger than you ? Damn do you know me or anyone from this forum ? or How do you know you are better player than others ? To who you are writing to ?

Logic is a beautiful thing...

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, considering that you are the central person over more than half the drama in these forums since your so-called "Apocalypse", I find it hard to believe that you have been delivering that promise very diligently... You certainly don't seem the type to participate in petty drama, I'll give you that, but you do have a tendence of dramatising relatively unimportant things...

I actually partially agree and disagree with your statement here, and this may come as quite the surprise to you.

The part I agree with you in, is the word "apocalypse". I fully admit the word is strong, and due to the reaction it got, felt it took away from the goal of my poll. Take a trip back to that thread and see if you like my last post. It explains my thought process fully. I'm interested in what you have to say in relation to it.

We as a guild take quite seriously our no drama policies, but we dont normally discuss those or any other part of our operations outside the normal guild recruitment thread. I will say we practice what we preach, in game and out. We hold ourselves accountable, and it in fact it appears I deserve quite a kick in the pants for shaking things up ;)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    To get back on topic,

It seems as though the dev silence is corporate wide currently, I don't know how many of you are STO or CO players but those forums are going through the exact same issue, no new information and the developers basically being cut off mid conversation.

That sounds like PWE stepping in and controlling how information is disseminated to the public, that also may mean we won?t necessarily see an increase in developer to player communication during or shortly after E-3?.........time will tell though.
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm sorry about my apparent absence folks. Believe it or not, I've been working on a ton of things for Neverwinter, as well as some things for Champions Online.

We've got some really cool stuff coming up for E3. That hype train I keep talking about? It's about to leave the station!

Thanks for your patience,

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    I'm sorry about my apparent absence folks. Believe it or not, I've been working on a ton of things for Neverwinter, as well as some things for Champions Online.

We've got some really cool stuff coming up for E3. That hype train I keep talking about? It's about to leave the station!

Stormshade

Thanks for checking in Stormshade; glad to hear things are on track.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    stormshade wrote: »

Stormshade

Welcome back stormshade,

Being busy means we will get something soon, hope E3 is a success for you guys and good luck there.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'll just skip the whole lot of this and welcome back Stormshade. We hope to see more info post E3 here. And if you could get me into E3 :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]