test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash/Freeze info needed

Comments

• Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    Is the server back up yet? I can't log in right now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ratatoskr78#6921 ratatoskr78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Crazy my game never crashed before and today alone 6 crashes in 30 minutes. everything is up to date with my hardware as well. seems like some things never change. played on xbox yrs ago and now decided to play on pc. lmfao.. rip
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    The following may help.

If you have the issue of the launcher not logging in and have another computer, it is possible the other computer will work. My desktop has the issue, my laptop does not. (Well, now the launcher updated on my laptop and neither works.)

If you have the issue of a character entering a zone causing a crash every time, try disabling "On Demand Patching" in the options section of the launcher. (Note: this did not work for me, but apparently worked for some)
    Post edited by alphastream on
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    normlcat#3308 normlcat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Last night, I was crashing every minute towards end of evening. This morning got the cannot login error message. Rebuilt PC from scratch this morning (back to Win 10, 11 was driving me nuts) and fully patched PC. Still have cannot login error. DxDiag output attached.
  • Options
    ruigat911ruigat911 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    And so what we have, the money is taken, the game does not work, we are offered a discount on the Zen market, which we do not need because the game does not work
  • Options
    beckar83#7761 beckar83 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Add one more account to the list. Went to log in and do the April Fools event and BAM cannot connect. My recommendation on future fixes/events would be to stagger new content(legacy fix) and events(april fools) so if the "fix" code messes up you aren't messing with a timed event who's code is already in the game. Unless the Legacy code was messing with the new area, pausing another week or so should not have had a big impact.
  • Options
    Another observation, even though this was a brand new installation force verifying files or switching to Preview encounters an error "Error2: fine not found" and you cannot move forward. "Patch" even on Live now continuously gets the error.
  • Options
    bajaresident#3792 bajaresident Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    was working fine until the launcher udpated about 10 minutes ago now this

• Options
    veronemezizveronemeziz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i cant login today all day to, have some forecast to back normal?
  • Options
    dracco#0885 dracco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can't login after maintenance. " Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly ".
  • Options
    fernandoelisei#7199 fernandoelisei Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    About the VIP players that cannot get the VIP Key for lockbox, you guys will reward us?
  • Options
    yumifirebrandyumifirebrand Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue As Everyone else here was having no issues. unitl today 4/6/23
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    In logs error code is -1073741515 (DLL not found) if I run GameClient.exe manually it spouts a number of NVDIA DLLs as unable to find starting with PhysXCommon_64.dll, yet there is only one similarly named file in the folder (PhysX_64.dll).
  • Options
    mdb#8061 mdb Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem for me - started yesterday afternoon, no better 30 hours later. Any update on progress??
  • Options
    d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    The game crashes ever time it try's to hot patch a new area, trail, or dungeon I haven't be in before just started today it seems.

shows crash code 51c595
  • Options
    jeronimo#2062 jeronimo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    (Somehow i deleted my previous post)

Can't login due to the same error.

now i'm trying force verify and this is the new error

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2023

Greetings! For folks reporting crashes or freezes since the launch of Menzoberranzan, we would appreciate additional information obtained by doing a DirectX Diagnostic. For information on how to run a dxdiag, please visit the support page: https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017784433-Gathering-System-Information

As always, providing as much detailed information as possible helps us to more efficiently investigate issues.

Thank you!

I was fine until 20 minutes ago after running the Tower of Gabsul Nasad on one of my alts. As soon as I was teleported back to the Sporing Tunnels the game crashed before I could turn the quest in. Now, when I try to log in as that particular alt, it immediately crashes before I can even get ingame.

How to reproduce? Simple. Log into my account @hustin1 and select Corienne Whispersong as the alt. Boom. Crash. Every time.

I did a force verify and now the game client won't start at all. I get the same popup message that everyone else is getting. Running Win10 Pro with 32Gb. Graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro K5100M with 8Gb.

Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Mine was fine until I tried to go to a different area in Sharandar on my alt for the 1st time. Now I'm getting the crash when patching error also.
  • Options
    raizer#4927 raizer Member Posts: 7 Arc User

From Game client to this.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    How is a directx or whatever it is of everybody's computer who cant get it fix their problem?
  • Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Still happening. Getting the same load and crash.
  • Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    @nitocris83, where do you want the info posted or sent?
  • Options
    robhillyer#8862 robhillyer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I finally managed to get it patched but now I get the "Unable to start game client. Client quit unexpectly".
    I first crashed last night, it's been a little over 24 hours now.
    Someone must have really screwed things up for it to be down this long....
  • Options
    bearpalsbearpals Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Well, now, after a LONG patch, several Forced Verify attempts and a complete system restart, the error message is "A file was locked that could not be opened for writing" happens. Can't even get to the login screen.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    bearpals said:

Well, now, after a LONG patch, several Forced Verify attempts and a complete system restart, the error message is "A file was locked that could not be opened for writing" happens

I restarted my computer and it got rid of that error message which I had a couple of times, but I closed it down completely and then turned it on again to remove any files which are held open through the restart for continued use. Try shutting down completely, leave it off for about 10 seconds then restart again and see if it helps.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    See below message
  • Options
    Tried that, didn't work. Only went back to the patching screen, then "File Not Found".