test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash/Freeze info needed

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings! For folks reporting crashes or freezes since the launch of Menzoberranzan, we would appreciate additional information obtained by doing a DirectX Diagnostic. For information on how to run a dxdiag, please visit the support page: https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017784433-Gathering-System-Information

As always, providing as much detailed information as possible helps us to more efficiently investigate issues.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    mkcamnificentmkcamnificent Member Posts: 1 New User
    My launcher wont start the client after the update, and i get an error message saying "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly". However i can't seem to create a post about it in the forum. (account too new maybe?)

Where can i submit the dxdiag and msinfo so that i can get some help?

I tried restarting my pc, force verifying the game info, turned off on-demand patching, and reinstalled the launcher from steam.
  • Options
    luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User

My launcher wont start the client after the update, and i get an error message saying "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly". However i can't seem to create a post about it in the forum. (account too new maybe?)

I tried restarting my pc, force verifying the game info, turned off on-demand patching, and reinstalled the launcher from steam.

me and other dude on this forum are having the same problem and I bet it will be many more to come, something is going on for sure.
  • Options
    questrix#5623 questrix Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yep having the same problem. "Game client quit unexpectedly"
  • Options
    malvrickusmalvrickus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same issue, same message
    Brew
  • Options
    generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Me too, cant get into the game
  • Options
    masochistic#1535 masochistic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issues here, reinstalled on both steam and arc, made sure drivers, os, and graphics card was up to date. No fixes possible so far...The account server is the issue.
  • Options
    questrix#5623 questrix Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Just did a ping test on the servers and its over 400.... something is wrong!
  • Options
    imiqimiq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    same here
    "Game client quit unexpectedly"
  • Options
    vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Ticket submitted with DirectX Diagnostic file.

You guys following the instructions or just submitting "me too" posts?
  • Options
    lordchamp55#2217 lordchamp55 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

me and other dude on this forum are having the same problem and I bet it will be many more to come, something is going on for sure.
    Same exact problem here.

I was in game and started crashing when going into a new zone that had not patched yet. So I turned off on-demand and allow it to patch. I then forced verify. The client then would not even load and started giving the above error.

Sure would like to play the game.
  • Options
    strykergaming#5011 strykergaming Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    And here I thought I might be the only one. Funny thing is I logged in yesterday, no issues. Updated game with new update, same issue as the rest. I have my DxDiag; however, I don't see how I can upload it directly so I'm including a download link from UFile. I can attach the screenshot of what it states the failure is. It would appear your new update broke the launcher/game.

UFile - DxDiag File

• Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    On attempting to start game I got error code "Unable to start game, Game client quit unexpectedly" I uninstalled game and reinstalled the problem persists.
  • Options
    glinda#8550 glinda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    after 10 dc's during and queuing dungeons i left for the day lol wow what is the problem guys?
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2023

I was in game and started crashing when going into a new zone that had not patched yet.

This was my experience. I was running fine all day. Then I decided to visit the new zone for the first time. I clicked on the map icon for the new zone, having never been there before. I could see the loading screen for the zone start to come up, and in the top-left that it was patching. Then it crashed.

I restarted, and when I accessed that character it immediately crashed again. Happened again after restart.

I then restarted in another character who was in PE, and that was fine.

I logged out, did force verify. The behavior was the same as before (crashes for the one character, logs in fine for the others).

I decided to reboot, and now I get the error shared above preventing me from logging in. I will submit a ticket.

Update: I also tried a different computer with Arc installed, my laptop. I was able to log in normally, then tried a character in PE and it loaded fine. I tried my character in the new zone, and it crashed.
    Post edited by alphastream on
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I am having the same problem.
  • Options
    lorsoanna#8386 lorsoanna Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Same issue STEAM Version.

• Options
    enigma0840#4401 enigma0840 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also submitted a ticket with this exact same error. I wasn't having issues before today
  • Options
    wevadwevad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same issue just started. no problems till now.
  • Options
    evilingeevilinge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    same here first it started with several crashes during dungeons when game patched several files ingame during the run.
    i always started the launcher with safe mode and then could start game again till next crash. after a few crashes i accidently choosed Force Verify instead of save mode and then the launcher started patching. after patching 4,5 gb i get the same error now that lorsoana has in her picture game doesnt even start anymore.
  • Options
    regina#4264 regina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I am having the same problem
  • Options
    pwent#6772 pwent Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have same problem
  • Options
    uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    happened to me this morning was entering instance in dread ring game crashed wouldnt let me back in with same message an unable to start game client client quit unexpectedly :/
  • Options
    timeoz#9311 timeoz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Summitted a ticket, having same issue
  • Options
    agroofpainagroofpain Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue here.
  • Options
    generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Did they patched the game yet?
    Because I STILL can't log in in the game
  • Options
    chada#8427 chada Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    They will lose a few thousand players, they will learn....
    According to News, it should work now, and here it is.. Sit And HAMSTER :#