Install Arc

Official: M25 Rewards Feedback Thread

2»

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2023

rikitaki said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for your thoughts regarding the new Enchantments from Menzoberranzan. In a future Preview build, you will notice that the Item Level of the Enchantments have been reduced and match the following option presented in the initial post

• Keep the Enchantment Item Level the same, but the Enchantment grants more to individual stats.
      • The Mythic Aquamarine Enchantment is the same Item Level as a single stat enchantment at Mythic and grants +1238 Accuracy, +1238 Critical Severity, +1350 Combined Rating.
      There are other bug fixes and other adjustments as well coming to the items found in the Menzoberranzan collection, so keep an eye out for those as well.
    I think this is way more ridiculous than the original IL increase. It still ensures that the new enchantments have upper hand over the old ones (in all content this time, originally it was only for the newest, uncapped content), while fracturing the rules of IL/combined rating even more.

As for the combined rating, enchantment rework has made a joke out of any rules already. It is not desirable to make the mess even worse.
    Yes, I agree this is totally WORSE than the item level increased before.
    Stat increase is worth more than item level increase.
    Only stat increase without increasing the corresponding item level is GOLD. It is BiS. This new double enchantment change makes it even more better than the previous proposed change. This decreases the value of single stat enchantment even more than previous proposal.
    As mentioned, it also breaks the item level calculation formula as mentioned.

To make it right, it should be:
    1125 + 1125 + 1350 combined rating (the most logical choice) or something like
    1260 + 1260 + 1332 combined rating

1238 + 1238 + 1350 combined rating should have 1515 item level.
    I actually agree with you. While I'm actually indifferent with either path choice they gave, yet they provided no 'third' option like you did. So I saw like you, that reducing the Item-Level with higher buff, at the same combined would do exactly as you said, "It still ensures that the new enchantments have upper hand, over the old ones (in all content this time) ..."

I tried identifying by having a higher buff than +1125 at same Combined Rating, was going to actually make them more attractive in all content, despite a limited few claiming otherwise.

Note: Your quoted suggestion (above) is exactly what they previously did, in fact:

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Azure_Enchantment,_Rank_15
    ╘ One stat (+300) buff, & (+180 Combined) -new focused ones start today at +300.
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Cruel_Enchantment,_Rank_15
    ╘ Two stats (+150) buff, & (+180 Combined) Before dual matched item-level, buff & combined. :+1:
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Draconic_Enchantment,_Rank_15
    ╘ Three stat's (+120, +120, +240) buffs or total +480, (+168 Combined) Here higher buff's, yet lower Combined Rating. :astonished:

So I'm fine with your first option, or the (Third) option here I showed in bold in your Quote. I just don't think they wanted to, well... make them on Par, hence the +113 buff despite same +combined rating. I'm fine however if they make them slightly more attractive, just thought it shouldn't have been more than +75 (over 1125) or +1200 at very most, if not even slightly less for Dual Enchantments; & same goes if they later introduce them with 3 split stat's. Previously if they increased the Buff they then lowered the Combined Rating to compensate! That isn't the case this time.

Their focus here *seems* to be so people at least our encouraged to do (upgrade) 2, 3, 4 of them; while the older 'Focused' Enchantments while dedicated, are only slightly below grade over the new ones... :/

So that's a question for @cryptic39#8917 to perhaps rethink, or talk it over amongst the team, I'm fine giving a slightly higher buff. Just don't think it should be +113, maybe only +50 to +75 at most * if * the combined rating is the same, yet doing so artificially boost item-level. So I'd rather have a * proper * 1515 Item-Level, or 1525, maybe even 1550, just not 1600 it's too wide a gap as compromise position!
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User

Everything about this decision to reverse course seems so wrong. The opinion of a few outweighs the good of the whole. Most of the loud complainers were heard and not the silent majority to include new players. Maybe you all should look at some of these "opinions" and reconsider the decision to move backwards instead of forward.

As usual, problems from the HAMSTER.
    I wouldn't push to please "the silent majority to include new players" because they are worthless as players and no matter how high item level or stats they have, nothing can be done about them. New enchantments are supposed to help advanced players to balance their stats. Taking care of newbies in this case is like casting pearls before swine. No matter how much you upgrade these vegetables, you won't see any difference.

It would be unfair and unjust to leave new enchantments with a higher itemlevel.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    strathkin said:

╘ One stat (+300) buff, & (+180 Combined) -new focused ones start today at +300.
    ╘ Two stats (+150) buff, & (+180 Combined) Before dual matched item-level, buff & combined. :+1:
    ╘ Three stat's (+120, +120, +240) buffs or total +480, (+168 Combined) Here higher buff's, yet lower Combined Rating. :astonished:

All 3 type of old enchantment had the SAME item level.
    First 2 type had the same amount of total stat : 300. Hence, the combined rating was not changed.
    The 3rd type had a different amount of total stat: 480. Hence, the combined rating was decreased so that it had the same item level.

The old relationship among all 3 types were fair because they had the same item level.

You chose the type of enchantment based on what fit your need instead of certain type had advantage over the other by birth.
    strathkin said:

So that's a question for @cryptic39#8917 to perhaps rethink, or talk it over amongst the team, I'm fine giving a slightly higher buff. Just don't think it should be +113, maybe only +50 to +75 at most if the combined rating is the same, not less.

If the total stat is higher and combined rating is not lower accordingly, the item level will be higher (if it obeys its formula).
    Higher item level of the 2 stat enchantment was the original complaint.
    The new complaint is the stat are raised, no change of combined rating but with the same item level. That broke their formula + makes the 2 stat enchantment more valuable than the original complaint.
    What you proposed is: going back to the original complaint with lower item level than before but still higher than single stat enchantment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2023

If the total stat is higher and combined rating is not lower accordingly, the item level will be higher (if it obeys its formula).

Re-read what I said, and ask yourself why I was very open to your first choice, yet as compromise would love the third.

Yes it's a (slight) Item-Level increase be it 1515 as stated, or even if Cryptic revised to 1525-1550. I just really disliked the 1600 choice they presented, it was too wide a gap from earlier ones. I also tried supporting you, saying clearly with examples this is what they did before with single, dual, or trio buff enchantments.
    strathkin said:

I actually agree with you. While I'm actually indifferent (or on the fence) with either path choice they gave, yet they provided no 'third' option like you did. So I learned toward their second option the only choice I had as neither was good. So I saw like you, that reducing the Item-Level with higher buff, at the same combined would do exactly as you said, "It still ensures that the new enchantments have upper hand, over the old ones (in all content this time) ..."

I tried identifying by having a higher buff than +1125 at same Combined Rating, was going to actually make them more attractive in all content, despite a limited few claiming otherwise.

Note: Your quoted suggestion (above) is exactly what they previously did, in fact...

Three stat's (+120, +120, +240) buffs or total +480, (+168 Combined) Here higher buff's, yet lower Combined Rating. :astonished:

Same here why before did they lower Combined on those Tripple Enchantments with higher buff, yet this this time they do intend them fair bit higher in fact, yet aren't lowering the +Combined? :-1:

So I'm fine with your first option, or the (Third) option here I showed in bold in your Quote. I just don't think they wanted to, well... make them on Par, hence the +113 buff despite same +combined rating. I'm fine however if they make them slightly more attractive, just thought it shouldn't have been more than +75 (over 1125) or +1200 at very most, if not even slightly less for Dual Enchantments; & same goes if they later introduce them with 3 split stat's. Previously if they increased the Buff they then lowered the Combined Rating to compensate! That isn't the case this time.

Their focus here *seems* to be so people at least our encouraged to do (upgrade) 2, 3, 4 of them; while the older 'Focused' Enchantments while dedicated, are only slightly below grade over the new ones... :/

So that's a question for @cryptic39#8917 to perhaps rethink, or talk it over amongst the team, I'm fine giving a slightly higher buff. Just don't think it should be +113, maybe only +50 to +75 at most * if * the combined rating is the same, yet doing so artificially boost item-level. So I'd rather have a * proper * 1515 Item-Level, or 1525, maybe even 1550, just not 1600 it's too wide a gap as compromise position!

* References the example in the Old Rank 15 Enchantments, if the buff's were higher, the combined was lowered. When I said the focus "their focus" was to encourage those to (edit: do) the new ones; as the old ones would be slightly below grade than the newer; just as your 1500 to 1515 Item-Level shows.

So hopefully the Dev answers those questions. I just didn't think they wanted to make New Enchantments, at Par with the old; and why I like your third option: +1238 buff 1, +1238 buff 2, +1350 combined, & 1515 item level. That I'm open to a reasonable slight increase, even 1525, perhaps 1550; just not 1600.

:+1:

------
    I think you missed the point, I made they were trying to make them artificially gain an Item-Level boost without it being obvious.

Note: I was busy doing other things the last few hours, so didn't have time to update. I thought I stated on several different occasions if +Buffs were higher, then +Combined was lowered (previously) that was my focus, since the Item-Level they said would be the same. That's the only reason I linked their old Single, Dual, and Trio Buff (Ter·ti·ar·y) Enchantments to build support for your case. They just never presented either of those options, and not sure it's option 1, 2, or 3 you've presented will even be considered.

So I love the third option, even if it is a slight Item-Level increase +15 or +25 (that most don't like) yet only as a compromise for them to consider, if they even may not. <3

I just didn't like the 1600 Item-Level choice, as their the Item-Level Increase was a bit too much.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    edited February 2023
    strathkin said:

I realize that, just as you do. Hence the reason I like your solution I bolded that had a higher buff higher, that gave them there +1238 (dual buff) leaving the combined as is, yet also slightly increased the item-level too to align it with what they did before!

You mis-read what I wrote and/or I was not clear enough. Chalk that to be my fault.
    No, what you bolded was NOT my solution.
    I just pointed out what was wrong with that. That was why I had a blank line.
    I am against the 'slight' increase of item level.

To make it right, it should be:
    1125 + 1125 + 1350 combined rating (the most logical choice) or something like
    1260 + 1260 + 1332 combined rating
    [ the blank line. ]
    1238 + 1238 + 1350 combined rating should have 1515 item level.

IMO, they should fulfil 2 conditions:
    1. obey the item level calculation formula
    2. For the same rank of enchantment, single stat, double stat and triple stat enchantment should have the same item level.

1238 + 1238 + 1350 combined rating with 1500 item level is wrong because of condition 1.
    1238 + 1238 + 1350 combined rating with 1515 item level is wrong because of condition 2.
    strathkin said:

I think you missed the point, I made they were trying to make them artificially gain an Item-Level boost without it being obvious.

And that is the exact reason why people complained about it including me.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    I hope the excess stats are just a typo and not planned exception. It either should have higher IL, or same IL but different stat spread lowering combined rating in favor of specific stats. But not an exceptions to the IL system.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    I do understand that if the population is diminishing, you need them all to play the same content. Therefor you tend to either directly delete old content, or you at least disrupt any underlying popular system and economy on the older maps, so people do not incline to return there anymore. (Sharandar vs. Well of the Dragons)

But it is still sad to see Yuma getting banished from Vallenhas to chase people away from that location.
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    There is one huge problem with many of the new healer items. With almost everyone. There are no items that increase outgoing healing, power, or critical strike as a percentage.
    On almost all items, we see the severity of a critical hit (percentage increase), while there is no need for this stat. We have various potions for the percentage of this stat, there is forte, there are new signs (by the way, power or forte + outgoing healing would sound much nicer for all healers than seeing the Critical Severity there again). Even with all the desire, it is impossible to DECREASE this indicator so that there is no overcapping. But on a bard healer, where there are no boots for 10,000 outgoing healing, it is almost impossible to collect the correct stats for maximum efficiency in endgame content.
    I beg you! Replace the bonus on the bragan d'aerthe boots (for bards) with CRIT CHANCE instead of CRITICAL SEVERITY.
    Or, on an alternative type of boots, make a PERCENTAGE increase in outgoing healing (at least + 5%) WITHOUT depending on the number of targets! This would be a real gift for healer bards! We need items that will help you defeat Gzemnid (Master), not go unclaimed in the Campaign Store!
    On the rings from the new trial, I also want to see percentage bonuses to outgoing healing, power or crit chance, but NOT to critical severity.

And one more thing. Big problems with the new enchantment for healers. It doesn't stack, lasts less than its advertised time (4 seconds instead of 6 seconds), and is of no value due to its single-target healing limit. The only way to revive the enchantment and make it competitive against the background of another novelty (+7.5% critical chance) is to let it work for all targets with any healing.

Sorry for my far from perfect English. I'm playing on Drider. <3
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    The best reward are the friendships made along the way.
    edited February 2023

LOLTHIAN REPULSION

May be the names start with LOL for a reason. :)
  • andraskozak#2960 andraskozak Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think more sellable fashion should be put to harder endgame trials.
    In other Mmos it's not uncommon to farm them.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    I deleted the feedback on Bard's / Warlock's Bregan D#aerthe Expert's Cloth as the behavior is a bit weird on dummies.
    It seems to work correctly on all other enemies.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    The Lolthian Rage ring should give a different bonus

because currently is giving 11.2% worth of stats for critical severity.

I recommend changing the bonus from 5% critical severity to 5% critical strike
    Post edited by stof#3099 on
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    In this comment I would like to give feedback about the Bregan D'Aerthe items.

BREGAN D'AERTHE MAULER'S MASK

The bonus is just not good. It works at start of the combat and after the cooldown it never reproc until you die and revive, or go out of combat. Mostly the dps, in single target, use mostly one of the helmet which provide a lot of stats (10% critical strike or critical severity).
    To make it more interest so someone can create some build around it I would suggest to add a cooldown to make it be able to reproc. "Your AP gain is increased by 20% for 10 seconds. (It can proc once every 45 second and work only in combat)."

BREGAN D'AERTHE MAULER'S GREAVES

Boots for Barbarian and fighter (melee classes); I like the concept but not the stats into the bonus. Power is really easy to cap for dps (most of the insignia used are dominance which give you forte and its a push in power % for a dps).
    I would suggest to change the stats with Combat Advantage which is one of most desirable stat for those two classes. You already have this bonus into Wasteland Wanderers (HC VOS). Or change with another one offensive stats.

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker