test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Neverwinter Xbox Beta Shard

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Access has been granted to all accounts who submitted or confirmed their information by the deadline. Install information was also emailed out this morning (Pacific Time). Players who sent their info after the deadline will be considered after the holidays.

This subforum is for players to leave their feedback or report bugs. As noted in the instruction email, this is a TEST shard - content is not considered final and still being worked on.

Thank you again for your interest in helping us improve Neverwinter!

Comments

• Options
    unjustice#9983 unjustice Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Is there a way as of now to test the new equipment on the shard? I haven't found anything yet if there is.
  • Options
    thenotsoprogamerthenotsoprogamer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    powers are unusable as they are built for the keyboard, chat box is unusable, the characters on the so called preview are all the same as everyone, it appears to be someones account that has been imported. This "preview" is so pointless and provides nothing for the xbox community to use. 0/10
  • Options
    unjustice#9983 unjustice Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Its the first day its been live so you can't possibly have realistic expectations that everything is gonna be perfectly working.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 are there plans to have the ability to import our characters?
  • Options
    daddyroushdaddyroush Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The quest, Dragon Attack, in Neverdeath is bugged. You can be at the end of it and die, and it will place you back at the first campfire, as opposed to placing you at the second one.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited December 2022

The quest, Dragon Attack, in Neverdeath is bugged. You can be at the end of it and die, and it will place you back at the first campfire, as opposed to placing you at the second one.

Is the first camp fire the closest physical distance in the map? If yes, the game almost always put you to the 'closest' one, not by the route but by the 'distance'. Not for this map only. It happens in various place in the game.

I consider that as a bug but a generic "bug" that was not fixed for years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kingjezza8#6439 kingjezza8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    -No chat issues if you create your own character, but when importing one the chat box is too small to read or chat.
    -When creating a SW soul spark generation seems glitched, like it takes a lot longer for it to tick up!
    -Mounts even at Gallop seems very slow!
    -Name change does not work!
    Post edited by kingjezza8#6439 on
  • Options
    knightrider86#9458 knightrider86 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2022

powers are unusable as they are built for the keyboard, chat box is unusable, the characters on the so called preview are all the same as everyone, it appears to be someones account that has been imported. This "preview" is so pointless and provides nothing for the xbox community to use. 0/10

if you think its not worth xboxs time to have a test area like this then why did you signup lol yeah the characters are meant to get stuff to make a BA toon over there because newsflash

1 it doesn't take that long to go 1-20 these days

2 the preloaded characters are meant to have enough stuff that if your toon is geared to the 9s up til dragonslayer mod you can test stuff

I mean for nothing more then the time it takes to copy like 2-3 premades since the premades arent really meant to be used per say except to speed up getting stuff to make a toon your use to playing over on the live server i mean the fact xbox has something similar to those on PC is a Miracle since the amount of redtape that has to be gotten through with Microsoft compared to PC where they can do all this server side at Cryptic I mean yes will be nice to get stuff to truely test but in the server current form its only meant to show stabilty and such more then test stuff out currently
    Post edited by knightrider86#9458 on
  • Options
    edited December 2022

-No chat issues if you create your own character, but when importing one the chat box is too small to read or chat.
    -When creating a SW soul spark generation seems glitched, like it takes a lot longer for it to tick up!
    -Mounts even at Gallop seems very slow!
    -Name change does not work!

i mean gallop seems slow since your more or less use to mount speed from your guild on Live server but yeah all valid other issues

• Options
    thenotsoprogamerthenotsoprogamer Member Posts: 6 Arc User

if you think its not worth xboxs time to have a test area like this then why did you signup lol yeah the characters are meant to get stuff to make a BA toon over there because newsflash

2 the preloaded characters are meant to have enough stuff that if your toon is geared to the 9s up til dragonslayer mod you can test stuff

I mean for nothing more then the time it takes to copy like 2-3 premades since the premades arent really meant to be used per say except to speed up getting stuff to make a toon your use to playing over on the live server i mean the fact xbox has something similar to those on PC is a Miracle since the amount of redtape that has to be gotten through with Microsoft compared to PC where they can do all this server side at Cryptic I mean yes will be nice to get stuff to truely test but in the server current form its only meant to show stabilty and such more then test stuff out currently
    the idea of a test server is you test the new end game content, I signed up because I thought it would have been more like PC where you transfer your toons over and get full access to what you have on live like pc. this premade HAMSTER they have was a waste of time imo.

• Options
    unscchaos#2516 unscchaos Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Is anyone worried about the LACK of COMMUNICATION from the devs about Xbox Preview? They've been back a week and not a single word from them.
  • Options
    antmantr#5089 antmantr Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I know traditionally Julia checks forums on Mondays but not sure if this is part of the 'rotation' and somebody has forgotten about us.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    I don't expect Julia will check preview forum often. There are other dev that may check it but checking it does not mean they will respond. Usually, they may ask something if they have to get more information.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Some acknowledgement would be very helpful.
  • Options
    clark71822#9760 clark71822 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @unscchaos#2516 said:
    > Is anyone worried about the LACK of COMMUNICATION from the devs about Xbox Preview? They've been back a week and not a single word from them.

It's been nearly 3 weeks since I sent in a ticket about not being able to download the client. I had received a response that higher level support would take care of it after the New Year holiday and I haven't heard squat since then. At this point I've lost interest in participating.
  • Options

> @unscchaos#2516 said:
    > Is anyone worried about the LACK of COMMUNICATION from the devs about Xbox Preview? They've been back a week and not a single word from them.

It's been nearly 3 weeks since I sent in a ticket about not being able to download the client. I had received a response that higher level support would take care of it after the New Year holiday and I haven't heard squat since then. At this point I've lost interest in participating.

A dev started acknowledging us on the other threads... any luck for your ticket?

• Options
    clark71822#9760 clark71822 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I haven't received any email notifications from the ticket system of any updates, and I doubt they will since they marked it as solved when they said that they were escalating it. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I've pretty much lost interest in the project, so I could care less at this point whether they respond to my ticket or not.
  • Options

I haven't received any email notifications from the ticket system of any updates, and I doubt they will since they marked it as solved when they said that they were escalating it. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I've pretty much lost interest in the project, so I could care less at this point whether they respond to my ticket or not.

I'm sorry to hear that! It would be nice to get as many gamers interested in it so that the project doesnt fail and they abandon xbox preview.
  • Options
    I will be honest tho, I havnt logged in for over a week due to nothing changing. I was upgrading the GH but lost interest in that as well. got it to 6 haha
  • Options

I will be honest tho, I havnt logged in for over a week due to nothing changing. I was upgrading the GH but lost interest in that as well. got it to 6 haha

Hell, I’d just like to find a group of people on when I get on to even start a Guild to upgrade. Anytime that I get on there is never more than me and 1 or 2 other people in PE.
  • Options

Hell, I’d just like to find a group of people on when I get on to even start a Guild to upgrade. Anytime that I get on there is never more than me and 1 or 2 other people in PE.
    that's the issue rn, it's pointless atm for anyone to be on. wait till there's an update and you'll have no issues
  • Options
    edited February 2023

the idea of a test server is you test the new end game content, I signed up because I thought it would have been more like PC where you transfer your toons over and get full access to what you have on live like pc. this premade HAMSTER they have was a waste of time imo.

i mean your upset you cant copy your toon which is a valid argument but pretty sure Julia mentioned when she announced it to the public i saw the fact she mentioned we cant transfer toons hence why we had to submit the invite request they had to add each person one by one via gamertag to make this system work but yeah i can agree the state the server is in is horrendous, they need to get something added for us to do i mean only so much can test with 0 people on a server that should of had 100+ people i mean i hate the fact Microsoft delays the ever living hell out of them getting us stuff unlike PC but sadly that is the way it is for us on console and yeah the premades happy they had as much stuff as they did but alot of stuff they had was useless to us on this server on top of that being some were dont right unplayable on some but yeah for the hype it should of had its been very lackluster
  • Options
    doratea#3255 doratea Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Are we going to get an update on the Xbox test server so we can run preview on upcoming stuff?
  • Options
    I want to say that the chat box isn't up to par- its like the font is pretty huge and I've been relying more on Xbox Chat over chat in the game- hopefully there's a way to fix this since eventually more people will be wanting to look for guilds to make or join. I also think we need access to stuff that we normally would see in the Zen Store.
  • Options

I want to say that the chat box isn't up to par- its like the font is pretty huge and I've been relying more on Xbox Chat over chat in the game- hopefully there's a way to fix this since eventually more people will be wanting to look for guilds to make or join. I also think we need access to stuff that we normally would see in the Zen Store.

You, my friend, are wayyyy late to the party.The imported tunes are guidelines and characters to help you BUILD your own. If you had read the thread, then you would have known that this has been previously addressed by others. Also, when you take the time to build your own character, then you will quickly discover that this is not a issue.
  • Options
    At any rate. Now for the reason I hopped on.

The Quest, Financial Tracking, needs to be looked into. I just spent far to long trying to complete this quest in a area on the west side of the map because that’s where the line led me too, and to make matters worse, there was a blue oval in said area that had me going in circles.

When I finally opened up the map, I discovered that the area I should have been in was in the northeast area of the map.

Fiery Pit Campaign.
  • Options
    roushtnroushtn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Yayyy, another Tuesday maintenance has come and gone, and still no Mod 25. A new restaurant can put up a sign that says, COMING SOON, and not open for 2 more months. Spmething along the lines of an anticipated date, barring any delays by Microsoft would be so much better. This is worse than my job. The owner has been rolling out a new menu since October….. of 2021, and it’s still not out. Give us something besides COMING SOON.
  • Options
    Attention Devs.

Take a look at the quest, Fragment of Hope, in Avernus. Not only is the voice lines out of sync, but they are also double playing over one another.
  • Options
    Devs

The Chop Shop quest in Avernus is a plague. I ran the quest many times on the Live Server when that Campaign was active, and never had issues locating Salvage. I just spent a half hour and only found 6, and they were barely sparkling. I deleted the quest.
  • Options
    Maintenance….. on a Wednesday? I swear if you finally decide to drop Mod 25 today, I’m going to be ticked off. Day shift today, followed by 2 doubles. That puts me damn near 3 day’s behind. I am beyond not happy right now. Especially since you don’t let us know what’s going on. I had the option to take the day off.

But nooooo, I get home and discover maintenance in a few hours. You communication skills rival those of my job….none.