test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard VERY LOW DPS in Dungeon/Advanced Dungeon/Epic Trial, scaled and nerfed badly in the Game

13»

Comments

• ivansoong#2073 ivansoong Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Hi Strathkin,

I have tested out using food and potion buff, Flask of potency + Squash Soup + Sunlord's Elixer with Overload: Devil's Precisions + Rage of Flames.

Results: I manage to reduce it even further 1 minute. Tested just now. Lazy to print screen because the others might be comparing apple to orange again.

What if: I have Band Of Ring (BOA) + item/buff/potion +10 extra damages against dragons. I think I am confident to reduce even 1 minute further to total of 4 minutes to kill a young green dragon.

In short: It does not matter how good using your Wizard without any items or selecting best spells. It is an unbalanced game with some classes perform better because with some gears and special abilities. If you ripped off my items/buffs/overload, I am still nothing as a Wizard compared to a simple rogue with regular items can easily outperform me.

That is my conclusion. Thank you.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2022

As per-requested by Strathkin,

Please do not compare with my characters because I got cool items. Do not compare to others as all of you did good job surviving and completing the dragon hunts regardless of levels. Thanks.

I saw your times, so thanks for sharing them:
    6m 48s Thaumaturge
    6m 21s Arcane

Still it's not us to ultimately test the two most popular builds for each class, so hopefully Cryptic validates various Encounters, At-Wils, Daily's with the two most popular variations for Arcane & Thaumaturge before deciding which to buff more.

╘ as suggested by "badnickname#3262" - with slight revision, based on suggestion by another HDPS Wizard.

Getting back to the discussion, while I don't have some of those more recent special items, as I've been away for 2 years. I started in M6, playing mostly Palladin & Wizard, then around M7-M8 started a Ranger. Still I've heard rogue gets most of his/her benefit from Poison Weapon Enchantment; as it allows him/her to go in out of stealth a lot faster.

I'm hearing rumors we'll be getting New Journal Artifacts possibly in 4-8m or so. So I'll have to try, and definitely earn them! :o

Thanks You!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    edited July 2022
    Dear Musschellka,

Not only being unfriendly with personal attacks on other people while people are kind offering insights and yet pressing LOL when people are giving their constructive criticism, analysis and good sound opinions. I think you do have some issues and MMOPRG is not a good place for you to socialize. Not only you degrade yourself to low level thinking Strathkin would lie but you did it obviously with impossible 1 minute to beat the dragon even you walk to the dragons you need 1 minute. You said you will not involve in the polemics of others instead offending me as well for cheap attentions and here it is I am giving and replying it to you. Let me tell you something which one is constructive criticism and which one is personal attack.

Personal Attack:
    "This guy in the thread is lame crying about the Wizard needs changes without knowing what to do"

Constructive Criticism:
    "With the benefits of the doubts, I think he has rooms for improvements maybe switching to ST spells with correct features and items or skills can be much better"

So, dear Musschellka knows the differences and you are NOT helping but making enemies.

Dear Strathkin,

You may learn from 'badnickname', he is more helpful and replying in a way polite manners than 'Musschellka' which is not helpful at all. I suggest will ignore 'Musschellka' rather than giving more cheap attention to her.

I do agree 'badnickname' great advice and his results because he got Band of Air (BOA) [forgive my typo error in previous thread] and he is a skilled player that contributed very short amount of time killing the young Green dragon. Maybe you can courteously arrange an appointment with him to assist you with the great build. I dare not to guide you anything because I have still much room and time to learn for improvements. I do strongly agreed with 'badnickname' previous comments: Wizard AOE is weak but ST is no weaker than other classes. He also mentioned to have two loadouts: one AOE for Mobs and one ST for Boss with correct skills/features /items. You can still maintain on the chart.

Thank you for your kind attention.
    Post edited by ivansoong#2073 on
    Dear Strathkin nice to meet you again,

In order to get the best Thaumaturge must maxed out the stats because I love to play as Thaumaturge more than Arcanist. With due respect, I feel Arcanist is still strong with the stats at 80% I met many Arcanist without BOA deals great damages on tough mobs.

Dear Strathkin here the tips I can give, I use companions like Compy companion for additional +7.5% power, Black Ioun stone for +7.5% critical strike and Staldorf companion for +7.5% combat advantage with Divine from Soradel for +3.5% critical chance plus +3.5% combat advantage. I use Squash Soup, Flask of Potency +1, Sunlord's Elixir. The best item is the mini boss shirt from Vale with +5% combat advantages and the latest Dragon hunt Ring +7% Critical Strike. Not sure which Dragon hunter suits your playing best but I choose circlet and Serene robe due to already high Critical Severity with low Critical Strike for my Thaumaturge. Thank you

Initially I do not want to show it items and stats but some people never learn to be courteous like Musschellka with snobbish attitudes with personal attacks and for cheap attentions was well as without giving the solutions but complaints and jeers to others. Like LOL again and you want cheap attentions, here you go for the picture I attached here and as well to shut the other person without having to say something nice and to complaint my stats are awful initially.

• bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    In parties, especially in trials (10 people), for single target, arcanist is obviously way better than thaumaturge.
    Why ? Because the arcanitst will use Arcane Empowerment daily and become a machine gun under steroids while all artifacts/mounts buffs are up. The thaumaturge can't use this 10 sec buff as effectively, since he only will be able cast Ice knife once and 4-5 encounters max.
    Arcane Empowerment really makes the difference in st fights.
    edited July 2022

In parties, especially in trials (10 people), for single target, arcanist is obviously way better than thaumaturge.
    Why ? Because the arcanitst will use Arcane Empowerment daily and become a machine gun under steroids while all artifacts/mounts buffs are up. The thaumaturge can't use this 10 sec buff as effectively, since he only will be able cast Ice knife once and 4-5 encounters max.

Totally agreed with 'bifflinculte' and 'badnickname'. Although my stats for Thaumaturge 90% for three offensive states. I am still losing to a Warlock in the advanced dungeon run just now but not much very wide gap yet the Warlock player as Hellbringer outpaced my Thaumaturge without those flashy items and stats. With Arcanist 70%-80% stats can deal very good damage like you said machine gun which I love to use when I use ST Arcanist but last time I cannot get good stats because of items and do not know how to use buff potions and foods. I have maxed out my Thaumaturge already and really cannot compete with others classes with similar items. I will focus now experimenting to be pure Arcanist control Wizard in the near future because I totally agreed with 'badnickname' that Thaumaturge has no mechanism to deal extra damages. I tried directed flames feat last time it did not even proc 80% damage in the continuous attacks without a gap. I reported this to Cryptic and not sure the GM notify the developer or not. Hence, I use the second one extra damage from my own attacks from the 5%-10% extra damages affected by Rimefire smolder. However, I do not see any differences of being helpful as damage dealer using that feat.
    edited July 2022
    Hello @biffinculte, nice to see you join conversation. For those who don't know, he added a nice list of Wizard Bug's, and I've referenced those before, to the smaller list of bugs I've included.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1265340/known-wizard-bugs

Generally the feeling I've heard from many, is that Thaumaturge excels a bit more (generally) when using AoE than Arcane, especially when it uses 1 AoE (Icy Terrain) / Conduit of Ice; to Proc Rimfire more often. It also adds more stacks of Chill for better control cause of the feat Thaumaturge has.

I generally agree with the belief that Arcane excels (slightly to moderately) over Thaumaturge too! I just can't duplicate the results others find.

I have maxed out my Thaumaturge already and really cannot compete with others classes with similar items. I will focus now experimenting to be pure Arcanist control Wizard in the near future because I totally agreed with 'badnickname' that Thaumaturge has no mechanism to deal extra damages. I tried directed flames feat last time it did not even proc 80% damage in the continuous attacks without a gap. I reported this to Cryptic and not sure the GM notify the developer or not. Hence, I use the second one extra damage from my own attacks from the 5%-10% extra damages affected by Rimefire smolder. However, I do not see any differences of being helpful as damage dealer using that feat.
    Yes I would completely agree with this! I'd have to wonder if there is also a bug with Directed Flames; yet wonder more if Smolder (Damage) needs to be slightly buffed, &/or both. As I stated Arcane needs a bit more control options as well, doesn't have add Chill stacks with Feat; also only has 1 Chill based Encounter contrast to 4 for Thaumaturge. That's likely understandable given it's an Arcanist, yet some other control powers need a bit more control too!

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    Still I have several good Companions like Dancing Blade (Legendary), Mystagogue (Legendary), Dedicated Squire (Legendary) so both give 2.5% Crit Severity & Combat Advantage like the first two, while the third gives 2.5% Accuracy & 2.5% Incoming Healing. This only helps with healer in party though. I also have Tamed Velociraptor (Legendary) gives 2.5% Power (yet stacks 5x) so people may not use it much these days, yet should still be good if others use Part of the Pack buff. I'll use that till I can get Alpha Compy, it's currently over 4m AD.
    ―――――――

What I'm surprised about though is even without Journals, BOA, or perhaps better Companions, they should apply to both Arcane & Thaumaturge equally. I just can't reproduce my Arcane to beat my Thaumaturge times, against Young Green Dragon despite having tried very hard!

I'm honestly puzzled, cause I'd love to, later today I will try one more time, but wanted to make a few other changes prior to check. I've also confirmed all boons are identical in each loadout as well, just as Gear, Weapons, Artifacts, Enchantment placement, Mounts/Insignia, Companions/Buffs too!

I'm also indifferent to which performs slightly better, just trying to reproduce this, as I believe everyone. <3

♫♪♫♪♪ ♫♪♫♪♪ ♫♪♫♪♪
    Updated: Fixed a few (typos) minor, yet stood out like sore thumb. :)
    Dear Strathkin,

High five to you :) . I am a Thaumaturge lover myself <3 and I accept your difference from my view that Thaumaturge better than Arcanist because in the end it is just how you understand to play your character well. I manage to outperform some Arcanists provided not equipped with BOA. If the developer fix some bugs and re-tweak or revert back to formal configurations and Thaumaturge will be as powerful as Arcanist. I met many great kind, helpful Arcanists without BOA can upkeep those without any problems in the game. Sadly with well-experienced players with BOA are OPed and we cannot do anything but to grind it one day. However, it saddened me some with BOA becomes toxic to discriminate those without that they drag them down in fact it is not I noticed from other well-experienced Arcanists that can upkeep well those with BOA with no tremendous gaps.

Thank you.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User

Initially I do not want to show it items and stats but some people never learn to be courteous like Musschellka with snobbish attitudes with personal attacks and for cheap attentions was well as without giving the solutions but complaints and jeers to others. Like LOL again and you want cheap attentions, here you go for the picture I attached here and as well to shut the other person without having to say something nice and to complaint my stats are awful initially.

Dear Ivansoon **
    Believe me I am really courteous. If not, I would have to write what I in fact I think, after all?

Coming back to the showed items....
    I am impressed! It is truly amazing!
    I couldn't believed it if you hadn't demonstrated it by yourself.
    How can choose so badly? Not a single one of these items I would choose for any dps, especially for a wizard.
    So much work for nothing.

All the time you emphasize that people with band of air are arrogant. Not true. They are not arrogant, they are just reasonable thinkers.
    At the moment, band of air is the only determinant of whether you are worth something as a player.
    If you want something done quickly and without fail, you choose people with band of air.

There is one reason that you apparently do not know. Band of air does not play itself. On the other hand, to get it a player must represent a certain level.

To buy items, no skills are needed except the ability to reach into the wallet.

Back in the day, that was also the case with weapons like celestials and lions.
    Now just anyone can buy them, so the only thing which left is BOA.

The sad thing is that now everything can be bought except (unfortunately) the skill to play and the ability to think.

Best regards
    Tina

And now you may be offended, for having written the truth.
    And for being honest, cruel, arrogant, impertinent, impolite, evil and not nice *

* delete as needed
    ** paste as needed ❤️😊😂😁😒😘

My Tina's stats (only two mythical items, including temporary one)

And by the way.
    With your choices, damage and defensive stats, I doubt if it would be possible to get to the first mini-boss.
    Seemingly every one can be carried over, only question is for what?

Attention!
    $hitstorm for...3... 2... 1... GO!

edited July 2022

Dear Ivansoon **
    Believe me I am really courteous. If not, I would have to write what I in fact I think, after all?

Coming back to the showed items....
    I am impressed! It is truly amazing!
    I couldn't believed it if you hadn't demonstrated it by yourself.
    How can choose so badly? Not a single one of these items I would choose for any dps, especially for a wizard.
    So much work for nothing.

All the time you emphasize that people with band of air are arrogant. Not true. They are not arrogant, they are just reasonable thinkers.
    At the moment, band of air is the only determinant of whether you are worth something as a player.
    If you want something done quickly and without fail, you choose people with band of air.

There is one reason that you apparently do not know. Band of air does not play itself. On the other hand, to get it a player must represent a certain level.

To buy items, no skills are needed except the ability to reach into the wallet.

Back in the day, that was also the case with weapons like celestials and lions.
    Now just anyone can buy them, so the only thing which left is BOA.

The sad thing is that now everything can be bought except (unfortunately) the skill to play and the ability to think.

Best regards
    Tina

And now you may be offended, for having written the truth.
    And for being honest, cruel, arrogant, impertinent, impolite, evil and not nice *

* delete as needed
    ** paste as needed ❤️😊😂😁😒😘

And by the way.
    With your choices, damage and defensive stats, I doubt if it would be possible to get to the first mini-boss.

Attention!

Thank you for the reply,

This time your reply is much better without much personal attacks although much improvements. Yes, I am getting to grind BOA as well and I started very late in MOD22 whereas you have NINE years to get the BOA. I do respect your opinions to have BOA to get things done quickly as your defensive stats are roughly very low for other DPS unless you are a tanker as a barbarians etc. However, due to my ethical values, it is not right to discriminate based on my own eyes to do some tasks even some players NOT ME sounded the others "YOU DO NOT NEED BOA to play Dragon Hunt".

Believe me, you have BOA of course you can overtake my damage and taking bosses earlier as I mentioned other (NOT YOU) same item, same class, with me last time (I only got circlet she got Serene) of another wizard player got BOA in Dragon Hunt. She got 44 000 000 and I got 22 000 000. Therefore, I appreciate your effort to reply this time more courtesy without any more personal attacks although you could share more insight better which power you use to enlighten us and I do not care who you are associated with even I know who is your BF or close to developer or other famous associated with you or yourself as the Cryptic employee/developer as I mentioned to Strathkin privately. When people behave rudely on SocMed as a form of Cyberbullying and I strictly do not condone the actions and as you said do not afraid involve in polemics amicably for altruism unlike you initially the other way round.

P/S: Do you know I am and educator/teacher. Therefore, "manners maketh a man/woman". Thanks

Thank you for your kind reply and attention.
    I'll just say that my account is a little over a half year old and it took me about two weeks to get the band of air after reaching the required item level. And here I will end divagations.

Who I am with, how many times and why, is no longer a story for this thread and certainly not your business.
    I don't know where you saw items similar to yours, but your fantasies are truly ridiculous, if you imagined this

he amount of nonsense you managed to include in both posts simply defeated me. Your world must be extremely colorful, but forgive me I am not a part of it.

Sorry post again with the previous subsequent reply.

Yes you can play again using new characters and use the old characters to boost and support your new characters, Even BOA is account transferable across characters be it new or old. Besides, I have work and responsibility in real-life and not a full-time gamer. I do hope you do not spit on your own face again you my dear Muschellka. Thanks.

Dear Muschellka,

If you think that I used money to buy things without thinking to play the game, that is not true. Why bother to get lionheart set, mirage set (on the way to refine) or celestial set? Why bother I worked hard to get Myth Set, Demogorgon's Wrath Set or Journals Tales set to proc extra damages to compete with others? I just might as well to use back the flahsy Vale orb with +5& power without 10% augmented extra damage from the artifact weapon for the At-Will attacks and continue using comfortably scale-breaker armours without any improvements. I learned from this as a new fresh player in MOD22 compared to you NINE years playing in the MMOPRG. Therefore, how many runs you have in nVOS/hcVOS that I have in a year compared to you in NINE years to state to have certain level to get BOA. I managed to get Red Eye Glare with few legendary VOS rings and Ring of Sight + 3 with complated all set of epic VOS rings with one BOA's reagent (root) . In addition, I have the similar set of your items before getting the dragon hunt gears e.g. Goristro Horn, Wrist or Precipitation, Rusted Iron Legging, Myth Set, Miniboss Vale Shirt except ribcage that I do not have enough time in a year to farm the armour. If you said my choice is poor, aren't you spitting on your own face again with my items similar to yours. As I mentioned before, you have BOA of course you can overtake my damages double. I met another wizard with same items except she (NOT YOU) got Serene and I got Circlet at that time in a dragon hunt. She got 44 000 000 damages and I got 22 000 000 damages. As you claim I use money to buy things, why do I bother to run the Ancient dragon hunts 100++++ times with almost maxed out reagents/parts. I did this because I help others to farm regardless of levels or skills to achieve the common goals. I could selfishly doing SOLO Adult Dragon runs with t3 mods with longer than you without BOA but I don't but helping others without any greed and repayment. Again, I do not hope you spit on your face again. Think! There is a popular saying "what goes around, what comes around". I hope you can understand that with no brainer.

Thank you for time and attention.

Dear badnickname,

I apologize that I argued with one of your closest person because I upheld altruistic values high just like your very well-mannered and good insight replies. I do not condone any form of rudeness as a form of cyberbullying to become a norm in the society.

Thank you for your kind attention.
    edited July 2022
    With due respect, I do hope you can be more transparent like I do to achieve that three to %90 stats. I could do that with similiar items so others may learn a thing or two.

Must use Thaumaturge only: Critical Conflagration, +10 critical severity.
    Use foods/potions buff - e.g. Watermelon, Squash Soup/Pumpkin, Flask of Potency +1, Sunlord's Elixer, scroll you get after prayer and use the Forge obtained from Avernus or Chain Scales from Chult.
    (Purple color section) companion buff: Pick the +7.5% offensive stats e.g. Combat Advantage when companion is close when you are attacking. Usually use Augmented Companion.
    Companion: Usually use Icahsehadon but Festive Tiger is better to boost the forte indirectly for Power and Critical Severity
    Companion Offense, Utility, etc slots: Pick Compy +7.5% power, Black Ioun Stone +7.5 critical chance, +7.5 forte Golden lamb, +7.5 Combat Advantage (Staldorf/Golden Cat) and others such as Sardakai Witch, Phase Spider, Soradel, Mystatogue etc. with TWO +3.8 offensive stats.
    Enchancements: Recommended to use mythic and try experimenting change to others with any best combinations as below some stats are OVER and it is capped and not useful.
    Guild Boons: Power or Critical Severity or Accuracy depending which one you are lacking
    Boons: Must choose blood lust, Recharge Speed for spam, Max out Power boon and Maxed out extra +5 damage against undead, dino, culties etc.

Just sharing my thoughts. You may ignore if you all found out better solutions. Thanks.

And by the way.

Attention!

Dear Muschellka,

With the benefits of the doubts, I assume you have uploaded the wrong picture as warlock instead of mage that misled people your warlock built is similar. I hope you never do it again (lying/deceit is one of the humankind big sin) because the way you reply, talk, comment, react, speech etc. reflect on how trustworthy, good/nice personality of a person you are.

Thanks.
    Lol. I am neither good nor nice.
    So don't try to use your dumb social tricks on me, because it not working.

If you readed with understanding, you would notice that I wrote, several times, that wizard is not my main. For testing I went green dragon with STRATHKIN,, my cw Elektra, because she has a similar item lvl as him.

Tina’s stats I pasted here only to make you stop boasting about how great you are at mythic items, because on one path (thaumaturge) you managed to achieve 3x cap. I simply showed you that I can do it WITHOUT those wonderful, erroneously chosen solely for stats, items. Do you understand?

It's a pity that in those "similar to my" items you didn't show how you capped stats. Because I'm afraid you didn’t capped all.
    I wanted to show you what is the difference between good character build and mindless item selection for apparent benefits. In my build "everything works" together, the items complement each other, the companions are selected in a way that gives the greatest possible benefit, same as mounts, insignia bonuses and artifacts. (I only miss the boots from the mini-boss with combat advantage, which I also mentioned. Unfortunately, the drop is nerfed to almost zero. )
    At your side there is one big mess,
    And it doesn't matter what class the character is, some rules stays.

Admittedly, I will be replenishing companions and other items on my wizard soon, but I have to wait for the next tradebar discount. I won’t waste resources to prove you that exactly the same effect can be achieved on cw and on any other class.
    You just need to have a minimal knowledge about game.

My under-engineered wizard looks like this, and although I rate it poorly so far, it is far better than your main.

Dear Muschellka,

I do hope you are doing fine. Thank you for the subsequent replies without any more personal attacks and with only few suggestions which I really appreciated it. For your kind information, I did not accuse you lying but "read between the lines" also to be more transparent as it will not give that impressions to others to be meticulous in providing all relevant details especially really new players has no idea with Mirage Pact Blade mistaken it for Wizard.

I do not find you obnoxious but I applaud you admit you are not nice nor good. I find it you are not hypocrite but just being "real you" that is the usual way to communicate with BFF (best friend forever) with always mean jokes or words. However, it does not work on acquaintance like me between you. I do hope when you communicate with acquaintance you can change the tone to be gentler. I am not asking you to act but you can still be "real you" with harsh reality of criticisms on their playing, items, their built but NOT directly of their personality or characteristics as it will be considered as personal attacks as I mentioned earlier.

I really admire you have no more personal attacks but with harsh criticism. I think you can still go on to be a loud vocal critics to for somethings that is right which is commendable. Nevertheless, I still hope after you gave the harsh truth provide the solutions and analysis as well after that then to balanced out your "strong harsh criticisms".

Please know the difference with the utmost decorum:

Scenario one (Boasting and Arrogant as you call it erroneous, impertinent, hubris etc as you name it):
    Showing the results without explanations/Critics without providing solutions but jeers and taunts

Scenario two (Transparent, Helpful and Truthful as well Friendly):
    After showing the results, providing analysis with good comparisons after critics.

When I play in Neverwinter, I met nice and bad obnoxious people too. I do not find you Muschellka to be obnoxious but just "real you" with strong vocal critics on your stance which it is commendable. The worst I got last time from obnoxious players in the game.
    1. "Ivanus, you item level is very low to play. Why do you still give advice on mechanics to others?
    Improvement: Fine, I worked myself very hard to upgrade until level 75k with scale-breakers items.
    2. "Ivanus, you are a high level trash player with low damages"
    3. Improvement: Fine, I farmed VOS items and gears, managed to get Goristro, obtained Dragon Hunt gears and other Myth Set, Demo Gorgon Set or Tales Journal.

Now, you commented back I get all those useless high level items without any thinking. I was speechless and not sure what do you guys want. I dare to mentioned I topped many players on the chart and earned the title "paingiver" but I feel I do not deserve it because I have much to learn and rooms for improvements on my characters and built. I do hope you are not shooting on your knees or spitting on your face again because the items you suggested, I do also have and keep it. If I deemed it is not powerful or useful, why do I bother to gain and buy similar items to yours.

Below, my critical strike is lower than yours because I choose circlet INITIALLY for my Thaumaturge and will be buying Serene and others on next Monday as I almost maxed out my dragon parts on Ancients. I could do that with three stats as shown in below and I admit I am a bit weaker choosing right items with capped in orange colour terribly BUT you said I can do this too with same low level item with THREE 90% offensive stats. If you say I am boasting high level items, then the below picture I also can do with similar not mythic equipment below and aren't you are spitting on your face again? If am I am boasting, I will not be transparent and not showing how I did that with the descriptions below:

1. I use a lot +7.5% companions additional stats as I stated in post threads before. I use festive tiger companions. I can suggest go for Icahsehadon, Owlbear and other offensive Augmented companions that I do not know.
    2. Use a lot buff/potions/foods as I mentioned before the post thread.
    3. As mentioned before, choose the companion proc +7.5 offensive in the purple slot. Last time, I love to use Redemption to get healing to sustain in the fight without depending too much on Healer focusing on Tank to survive.
    4. As mentioned by Muschellka for the insignia, use offensive insignia and choose offensive combinations such as Assassin Covenant but I did not choose that because I wish to keep my defense higher a bit for personal quest. In fact If you put two slots with Assassin Covenant, it will be cool to boost up a lot for offensive stats.
    5. Enhancements: Use Mythic stones, Better refine to have at least same three stones to maximize your combinations e.g. 3 Garnet + 1 Cobalt on Offensive. It can be any combinations to make sure maximize the potential.
    6. For the mount power, choose +4500 offensive stat or combinations +2500 & +2500 offensive stats to maximize the up to 90% cap.

I hope you do not spit on your face again. Thank you and this time I really appreciate your kind reply without personal attacks with few suggestions and more transparent.

Thank you and wish you the best of luck in your future endavour.

I completely lack the inclination to be a teacher.
    But I can point you out the exemple of inconsistencies in your choices:

1. As your role is to deal damage in dungs, the role of a healer is to heal. It is quite enough if you avoid red zones and use potions when needed. This is all that I expected from you, as a HEALER. Kill mobs/bosses. Leave the healing for healer.

2. Your crit stacking armor is useless for most of the game's content. It needs as much as 2 min to reach maximum profit.
    Usually, mobs won’t lasts for that long. In the case of boss fights, (with good dpses) you also often won’t get the expected benefits.

Rusted aren’t the same as sharp. In the first case, healing will be less effective, in the second case if boss hits you with a crit, he will wipe you off from map.
    edited July 2022

I completely lack the inclination to be a teacher.
    But I can point you out the exemple of inconsistencies in your choices:

1. As your role is to deal damage in dungs, the role of a healer is to heal. It is quite enough if you avoid red zones and use potions when needed. This is all that I expected from you, as a HEALER. Kill mobs/bosses. Leave the healing for healer.

2. Your crit stacking armor is useless for most of the game's content. It needs as much as 2 min to reach maximum profit.
    Usually, mobs won’t lasts for that long. In the case of boss fights, (with good dpses) you also often won’t get the expected benefits.

Rusted aren’t the same as sharp. In the first case, healing will be less effective, in the second case if boss hits you with a crit, he will wipe you off from map.

Thank you very much for the great insight Muschellka, I really value your great pointer on this. I will keep in mind from the first point, DPS will be dps no need those mini healing or defenses and leave it to tanker to protect as well. My Guild Leader just now also commented on my boots as well change all those and you are right on point.
    edited August 2022
    All my testing was done without BoA as well, and sure having it does improve things a lot. Still this has nothing to do with player skill, and having it doesn't mean you know your class, any better than someone without it.

The wisest people would start testing on gear that (isn't BiS) with more typically bonus, that's what I tried to do. I'm also very fair...

Still running 18k Young Dragons (Same Color) in Single Player Mode, is best way to really see how each class (and both paragons) performs individually with similar (AoE or Single Targer) so like minded abilities; yet must also be in same Gear, Weapons, Enchantments, Artifacts, Mounts/Combat Powers, Companions/Buffs, etc...
    strathkin said:

All my testing was done without BoA as well, and sure having it does improve things a lot. Still this has nothing to do with player skill, and having it doesn't mean you know your class, any better than someone without it.

The wisest people would start testing on gear that (isn't BiS) with more typically bonus, that's what I tried to do. I'm also very fair...

Still running 18k Young Dragons (Same Color) in Single Player Mode, is best way to really see how each class (and both paragons) performs individually with similar (AoE or Single Targer) so like minded abilities; yet must also be in same Gear, Weapons, Enchantments, Artifacts, Mounts/Combat Powers, Companions/Buffs, etc...

Dear Strathkin,

I am so happy that I met you in the game and added you as friend. I hope you are fine in good health. You may try to inquire for their great tips from other Wizards usually they are kind and helpful to give their opinions or great insights for improvements. Based on my encounter with other Wizards and DPS classes, I categorize them four categories. I met a kind, helpful and great Arcanist that I rate him in category four said they are still others better than him. I was flabbergasted and thus recategorize in five categories. Usually the great Arcanists/Wizards prefer category group A builds or category group B builds, you need to test it out after receiving their kind comments, great pointers, helpful suggestions or great insights for improvements for the effectiveness that suit your playing styles. I only rate myself category 3 only (satisfactory) by comparing the DPSs on the charts with others. I hope I can further improve and exchanging great tips and information with you. Do not be afraid to ask around and usually they are kind and helpful.

5. Excellent
    4. Good
    3. Satisfactory
    2. Moderate
    1. Acceptable (Pass)

Thank you for the friendship and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
    Ivanus/Ivan
    As other people wonder what my progress is, I would like to thank to all kind and helpful Wizards and other DPS classes I met during the game to offer great tips to leverage my playing to another category to category 3 from category 2 player as I categorize in five groups based on my observations and comparisons on the damage charts with other DPSs (5. Excellent, 4. Good, 3. Satisfactory, 2. Moderate, 1. Acceptable (Pass). In my conclusions (before the buff of Wizards in Mod 23 as the current screenshots and this post), arcanist is strong in AOE and thaumaturge strong in ST that I usually use that enable to maintain on the top placement in the chart. However, even after the buff in my humble opinion, long casting and animation time will eventually lose out the other DPS classes because I played with other Good and Excellent categories of Warlock, Fighter, Ranger, Barbarian and Rogue can easily outpaced me in RC, dragon hunt etc in a quite large number of total damages. I applaud the developer to upgrade the Wizard but let see how it goes as during the run for instance a professional Warlock will never give you chance to attack first and by the time, I cast ice terrain and time steal, half of the mobs in the dungeon already died and no more for me to kill. I do hope the developer look into this matter as for the Thaumaturge AOE for the fanning the flame and Conduit of Ice are not practical once the affected mob is dead. Why not reconfigure like the White Dragon hunt ice spell attack that even the infected mob died the spell stays there in static where position of the mob died until the time expired?

My humble suggestions:
    1. Use Arcanist as AOE
    2. Change to strong ST Thaumaturge (shatter strike option a must with control spells on bosses to proc the additional damages)
    3. Use Batiri + Minsc + Neverwinter Knight + other damage percentage against certain type of enemy (E.g. Dragon Bane) on bosses
    4. Use a lot of buff potion and food if permissible.
    5. After getting the damage buffs try to improve the stats later. If playing pure high stats like I do last time will lose out in bosses fight to other DPSs with the high damage buffs on with decent stats.
    6. I am still weak in this: Use proper combinations of gears, skills, artifacts etc. You may learn from other professional players like Aster or famous Youtuber like Aragon, Gus, Northside, OfficialThought etc.

So far, my achievement:
    1. Obtained Paingiver III title with the great advice from other kind players and can finally top the chart once a while with slim chance for Trial, RC or Dragon Hunt.
    2. Can almost complete Siege in Avernus by Solo and manage to solo in most BHE
    3. Manage to team up with one professional team and kill the White Ancient Dragon in 6 minutes.

FINAL NOTE: HOWEVER, please take note I am still FAR from being a professional player started as totally new player in mod22 and much to learn. Those professional in categories 4 and 5 can easily beat me with their great playing styles whether in the same Wizard or other DPS classes. I really cannot match their playing skills with a gap in the damages in the Dragon Hunt, RC and Hardcore Mode runs.

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I would hold off on any analysis of live Wizard until M24 goes live in just 2 weeks. Talk about the preview version all you want though. Although I believe most Arcanists builds should perform the same, just with bigger numbers and fewer bugs.
    edited August 2023
    Last post for this thread to update my progress. I have listed 5 categories DPS, (5. Excellent, 4. Good, 3. Satisfactory, 2. Moderate, 1. Acceptable (Pass)). I have progressed so much to become category 4, as a good player DPS in the NW community. I do not consider myself always the best wizard but competitive because I still have rooms for improvements compared to other great Wizards such as Tenabrae, Niklass, Kaiser, Aster and many more I have encountered. However, somtimes your progression draws ire and jealousy which I do not like in some people in terms of their attitude. They might appear to be nice when assisting them to progress together but deeply rooted with jealousy, many excuses and inviting others to unnecessary to join the hate bandwagon in some games which I disgust deeply.

I will discuss some of the items that contradicts before of my thread because of updates or aware of the differences:
    1. Directed Flame Feat: I use it for my ST and AOE loadout as it deals great damage and can proc 10 stacks of Serene Hood Critical Strike.
    2. Baitiri + Minsc (The Bigger they are) + Neverwinter Knight's Discipline Companion Powers: Yes, most of them using it including in Gus's and Aragon's video. However, when my stats are so low, I deal slightly lesser damage than other wizards as comparisons. I sacrifice my Minsc and Neverwinter Knight for stats now to prevent diminish damage return as well for my ST. I remove Baitiri and slot only Neverwinter Knight for AOE.
    3. Scintillant Amulet + Scintillant Sash: Yes, it is expensive right now but with it I can sustain my 90% Accuracy and 15% Recharge speed to spam the encounters. If you do not have or wish for alternative, Mythalar set is still viable and good for Wizard but Marilith Set is just sow sow but good to boost your dexterity and offensive stats.
    4. Go for 5 mount slots: The higher the IL the higher damage you will be in the Master contents.
    5. Use the Platinum Abyssal Rings: It gives you 5% accuracy and +3% AP Gain. Alternatively, you can use the two Abyssal Rings that one gives +5% extra damage to encounter and the other +8% extra damage to at-will. If you still haven't got the rings from Master Demon Web Pit, Elistree's Beauty + Elistree's Obligation are the perfect combined rings from Master Temple of Spider that give you +5% Combat Advantage and +5% Critical Strike.
    6. Potion and food: I use Sunlord's Elixer, Squash Soup, Flask of Potency 3 + 1, Ratatouille.

Thank you to friends and good Samaritans in Neverwinter that help me to progress until this far started as the fresh new player since MOD 22.

*P/S: I would like to thank the developers that fixed the wizard. I have another Warlocks loadout too (Ivanis Song). In fact, I have each character for each class in my loadout to understand the difficulties and dilemma using the class without blindly blaming their gameplay. I hope the developers can fix that too and I understand when you are prejudiced because of your predetermined class and fixed builds from the game that you cannot do anything on it. Warlocks need some serious fixing right now.