test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WiCKiD Passed Away IRL - Request for Memorial NPC in his Honor

Comments

• flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Absolutely! A true legend of Neverwinter PC! Through my two years of playing WickiD has been a mainstay in the game every day, chatting up a storm in PE zone chat. A memorial/NPC/easter-egg for his character would be awesome! He has had such a huge impact on this game for years. RIP.
  • maximax#7117 maximax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Noooo :( This is so sad :(:(

Rip Wicky
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Rest in peace old man
    I'm gonna miss all that banter in PE <3
  • barizon#6496 barizon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    RIP WICKID, please cryptic, do a npc in his memory
  • grumbar2165grumbar2165 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    WiCKiD was everyones friend in this game, his alliance name fit his life perfectly. He helped so many people with any and everything. I used to chat with him early mornings after getting off work from graveyard shifts. I don't have a lot of friends in this game, but he was a great one! I'd like to see either a memorial of some sort or even a companion or permanent NPC, in P.E. of course. I hope his memory lives on in this game. Those who didn't know him missed out
  • tibz#3421 tibz Member Posts: 4 Arc User

WiCKiD should be nominated into the Neverwinter Hall of Fame. If you agree, post a reply with how you saw or interacted with WiCKiD to prove to Cryptic how much he affected the players and the game.

He was my friend and he helped me so many times in game. He will be sorrily missed by everyone in NW. Rest in Peace my dear friend. I will not shed a tear for you but celebrate who you were every time I log in NW

Tibz
  • maverick809maverick809 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I agree something should be done for WICKID. He was always in zone chat in PE chatting away. I did not know him well and played with him a few times but he was part of Neverwinter! Some kind of memorial, or npc would be a very cool thing to do.
  • esmerelle#3538 esmerelle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Really sad to hear about this. I enjoyed our dragon runs together and pn talks. WiCKiD always helping out patiently. I shall miss him sorely.

(
    )\
    {_}
    .-;-.
    |'-=-'|
    |.......|
    |.......|
    |.......|
    |.......|
    '.____.' R.I.P WiCKiD <3
  • ridel#3938 ridel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey, Boss, it's Ridel here! I have no much to say, since I am new here and I know no much of you, but what I know is, that you was a grand hearted person in-game and I believe in RL too. I remebered when you call me to join at your guild and all you hoping from me is just love, when you tried to talk with me in voice, but you mic was bugged haha... I will never leave your guild, boss! Just sad to say good bye to a friend. Rest in peace oldman. I will see you at your memorial in game.
  • rachtiger#0848 rachtiger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    From minute 1 when A&D joined Loving Life Alliance Wickid made us all feel welcome. He was always the first to fill a role if needed to run an RDQ or RTQ...his commentary over the chat was always funny and friendly. If anyone deserves a memorial in the game that he loved much, it is him. He was always sharing his knowledge, helping new players, and providing support....he is irreplaceable. He will never be forgotten. <3
  • krogund#3244 krogund Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Damn it! One of my best friends in whole games i played. Very kind and funny person. Specific player. RIP my friend. Xally never forgets you :( RIP
  • faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I did not know him personally but this news struck me a lot. He was always nice and ready to help, I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better.
    I would be happy to see his name remembered in this game that he really loved so much.
    R.I.P. WickiD :'(
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks
  • dublin14dublin14 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    He was kind and generous and he helped everyone he met. The scene suffered a huge loss. He will always be missed. Please create a memorial for him.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    RIP LWO =(
  • zanten#5094 zanten Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    "This is the way."
    As someone who met Wickid like a relatively new player about year and a half ago, he was a great teacher, an example for all the newcomers to the game and a great friend.
    I cherished all the moments that we had together.
    Please add a statue or an NPC in his honor - that is just one way that we will know that you listen to this community and your player base.

At least people will know and learn about him.

May he rest in peace.
    Piper Treesmoke
  • axzaria#4843 axzaria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    He Will be deeply missed... Wickid was not just your average joe. He was a part of NEVERWINTER.. He became part of the game for many. As a Alliance leader (To which he excelled at), a Dragon Run caller, Talk tank creator, streamer and Always A help in PE. He helped many of us tanks not walk away. He showed us Not to care about having BIS- you can still be good without it. He would explain things to noobs, and never hesitated to help. He deserves a memorial in the game. Please for us players do something.

I will miss you my friend. "This is the way"
  • erza1120erza1120 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    RIP they should make a npc in his honor or something. I think I saw his name in PE in zone chat in the summer of 2013 ( That when I started playing the game) or something like that I never knew him that well but the times I did see his name in chat he sounded like a cool guy to hang around with. He’s youtube channel was cool to watch too, I had to rewatch some of his stuff yesterday just to see what he’s channel was about again, I remember watching his channel when I first started playing the game.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    In CSGO they do these "graffiti" sprays on the walls for some big events (mostly happy events). Maybe this is a nice thing to do for the guy. Somewhere in PE where u can walk by a day and tell the story to some new player about WiCKiD and his kind heart.

Here is an example:

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• solidbert#3889 solidbert Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am shocked and very sad. I first met him 3 years ago, we farmed some dragons at siege of nevewinter. He was always open to questions and I always liked his advice. I also liked the discussions about tank builds, companions, mounts and stuff like that. The "Talk Tank" chat channel was his idea and with over 600 tanks on it, it was and is a huge success.

I will definitely miss him, but I will never forget him.´

R.I.P. WickiD
    Greetings from Bert the Butcher
  • bloxxdev#0862 bloxxdev Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread. WiCKiD was such a great player. He was always very helpful, friendly and patient. He would always try to help from the day he invited me to LLL I felt very welcome right away and could always ask him things. Running dungeons with him was always so much fun! Will miss you <3

Rest in piece

Salla.
  • m1sf1ts#8701 m1sf1ts Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ive played with WickiD for almost 5 years. He was all the things being described and more. I fully support any way the game might choose to honor him.

Judge/Jesse
  • faeluvr1211#7591 faeluvr1211 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    WiCKiD was an awesome person. He was never cross or short with anyone. He was always VERY patient with new players, especially those new to tanking. My hubby and I were talking and what would be cool, is if they put an interactive NPC in WoD that would be called WiCKiD the Dragon Caller and he would have two interactions...1. What time are the Dragon Runs? and 2. That is all I have for now. (or something to that effect.) That way he would still be telling people about the DRs.

Fenrir/Haramir/Galanir/Fraenir/Hillevi
    Whispers in the Shadows
    Infernal Paragons Alliance

• dtwewi#2600 dtwewi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    On behalf of The Veteran's Society Guild, and the Amity Alliance, our deepest condolences to WiCKiD's family and friends. This is what I posted to our Alliance Discord:

Hello everyone. If you’ve been playing Neverwinter for a while, you’ve likely become familiar with certain players. One of the long-time regulars was WiCKiD. His main was a Tank, and he was very active in chat at Protector’s Enclave, Tyranny of Dragons, and the custom channel “tank talk” which I believe he founded. I got to know him a little, personally. He had a colorful past, of which he wasn’t afraid to share. He spoke openly and frankly – and was always helpful, friendly and kind to me (and many others). He was the first player I saw to carry the shield I now carry. I asked him, “Where did you get that amazing shield?” His response made me laugh: “Not sure dude, I don’t remember, too much of an old stoner.” Although he was born in the 1940’s, I’d see him on at all hours of the day and night. Sadly, it appears we won’t be blessed with his kind soul in game anymore. From Reddit last night, I’ve heard he has died. I will miss him greatly and know many others will as well. Hold the line, WiCKiD, and may you rest in peace, good sir.

Alex Atlas, Paladin Tank and Friend Of WiCKiD
  • krahe21krahe21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    RIP my friend WICKID... :( we'll never forget you... :(