test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inequality between the healer classes.

I want to touch on the topic of the healer class. As some of us know, when a healer is mentioned in the game, the only cleric class that comes to mind with powerful healing. When we look at it as the weakest healer, the paladin comes to mind.
I will talk about the disparity between these two classes.
With the new module, no one wants to play the paladin class. (About Tiamat's damage over time)
I want to explain with simple formulas. (Hot= heal over time. Dvc = divinity consume. R=radius. M=magnitude)
Cleric's Healing words (single use only) ; 220 Dvc=1x450 M + 24x300 M Hot = 7650 Total Healing Magnitude with 80 R.
Paladin's Divine Shelter (single use only) ; 120 Dvc = 265 M + 397.5 M ( shield ) = 662,5 Total Healing Magnitude with 80 R.
To cast a healing equivalent to one of Cleric's abilities, Paladin's need to use abilities approximately 12 times ( 662,5x11,5= 7618,75)
Cleric's consume is 220 divinity = 1380 Divinity !!! paladin's consume.
I think it's not fair and paladin users are literally being tormented where they take damage per second.
I moved away from my main character, the paladin, due to the lack of encounter abilities that they shoot per second and the fact that it heals very little compared to other classes. ( bard have heal over time, warlock have heal over time , but paladin have not )
You see that even with the shield that the paladin has bestowed, it is very inadequate.
I'm calling the authorities here. Please do a study on this gap between classes. Friends who join me, comment and support me. Best regards, Baron.

Comments

• Options
    holydewil#6353 holydewil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi Dear DnD Lovers and Admins,

i'm also a player who plays paladin since 2018(But i am play nw since 2014). And i'm End Game. But 50k bard is better than my Healadin. i don't have any Heal Over Time. i need this. And my daily sanctuary is a bit useless. if use sanctuary , cant move and cant use any skill. Briefly, i agree with the baron.Mathematics tells everything.There is no paladin healer in the game. You can check it from the Gamer database.

Regards, HolyDewil.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Im guessing they will look at the paladin class after the wizard.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Paladins aren't going to be able to heal as much as the other classes, otherwise everyone would play paladins instead for their ability to heal and shield. Clerics will then complain about "not being able to shield players, no matter what a cleric does, they just can't shield players. They should have more shielding skills, etc". Should they be able to heal or shield better in dungeons? Maybe they could use a small buff, but I am pretty sure they can solo heal all 5 man content and don't need a massive buff like the OP is suggesting.

In 10 man content, Paladins are actually preferred to complement as a second healer. The paladin shields players while the other healer role heals, helping prevent one-shots from happening, or cushioning damage spikes.

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    You cannot compare Paladins and Clerics for pure reactive healing power. Much of the Paladin's healing ability comes from preventing damage through shields.

Since shields come on top of the players existing hp and therefore gives increased ability to resist big hits, I will argue that shields are more valuable than straight heals. A 1-1 comparision of heals and shields probably is wrong when you look at in-game utility value.

At the end of it, Paladins and Clerics got different healing roles. They shine as a pair. For single-healer jobs the Cleric likely is the more versatile.
  • Options
    neverwinter#9005 neverwinter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Paladins aren't going to be able to heal as much as the other classes, otherwise everyone would play paladins instead for their ability to heal and shield. Clerics will then complain about "not being able to shield players, no matter what a cleric does, they just can't shield players. They should have more shielding skills, etc". Should they be able to heal or shield better in dungeons? Maybe they could use a small buff, but I am pretty sure they can solo heal all 5 man content and don't need a massive buff like the OP is suggesting.

In 10 man content, Paladins are actually preferred to complement as a second healer. The paladin shields players while the other healer role heals, helping prevent one-shots from happening, or cushioning damage spikes.

You're right about the shield, but I'm talking about damage over time for Rc and those in the new tiamat dungeon. U know Dot always hitting you. Paladin have shield but that shield gone for 1 hit Dot. and after this , 1 hit and all member lose %10 hp. what paladins do now ? useing 1 more skill for hp filled. And this cycle repeats regularly. we spend too much divinity for hp filling. but what about cleric ? 1 skill , and woaw ! 24 second heal over time. Thats why i said '' we need 1 heal over time for dot '' thats unfairly divinity spend. U will see in new mode. tiamat have 2 claw and 1 healer for 1 side. and claw phase hitting powerfull damage over time. u said '' paladin is sec healer for 10 member content'' but we cant keep a live party member for 1 side Dot atack from tiamats. Thank you very much for your feedback. I hope you understand what I'm talking about on this topic.
  • Options
    neverwinter#9005 neverwinter Member Posts: 7 Arc User

You cannot compare Paladins and Clerics for pure reactive healing power. Much of the Paladin's healing ability comes from preventing damage through shields.

Since shields come on top of the players existing hp and therefore gives increased ability to resist big hits, I will argue that shields are more valuable than straight heals. A 1-1 comparision of heals and shields probably is wrong when you look at in-game utility value.

At the end of it, Paladins and Clerics got different healing roles. They shine as a pair. For single-healer jobs the Cleric likely is the more versatile.

It is true that they provide high damage resistance, but the main point I want to mention is, paladin too weak for Dot atack . spend too much divinity for dot. i need just 1 heal over time skill without any shield. Thank you very much for your feedback. I hope you understand what I'm talking about on this topic.
  • Options
    orhankutbay#9345 orhankutbay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i think there should be a fix as well, the healing abilities of the paladin are below average at the moment
  • Options
    erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    There was a suggestion made some time ago to give paladins flat magnitude healing that is separate from the shield part. Like keeping divine shelter as it is, just add, say, 200 magnitude of normal heal to it. That alone could help a bit.

Speaking of shields and hots, I want to see warlock shields bring up to be at least compareable to paladins. Ranger can give higher shields while not being healer role...
  • Options
    halil994halil994 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yes, he is absolutely right. Why is Paladin trying so hard to inflict a small health when Cleric and Bard can heal so much with one ability?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

i think there should be a fix as well, the healing abilities of the paladin are below average at the moment

And they will drag the other healers down to the paladin's level.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.