test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Workshop and Enhancements

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 599 Arc User
I want to know if anyone else on upgrading to workshop 3 had absolutely nothing new to make and if it became way more espensive to make the same things? I guess people make enhancements in tier 4 of the workshop but I would be scared to try and get to that level now after what happened when it hit three. And where else do you get enhancements. I only have three I managed to trade all my level 15 enchantments for-what a deal.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Buy from the Sage's Shop. Bradda.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    1. you don't get enchantment from workshop.
    2. you can buy enchantment from Sage's shop as mentioned.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Thank you, still would like to know if when other people got to workshop 3 there money disappeared and it cost four times as much to fashion the same thing?
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Have you checked the artisans you are using? The cheapest ones have a negative commission bonus, like -75%. But some have a positive commission cost (like +100%) and that uses lots of gold!
  • Options
    Thanks mintmark for the reply. I did find that out here. I had artisans with the highest + on everything, I thought it meant they were the best. But it didn't cost me to make anything that I ever noticed on level 2, and I was real busy trying to level them up so I could make more valuable stuff. Since I hit tier 3 I can hardly afford to make anything and I switched to artisans that are all -75 or-50. And it still costs me more than before (way more) than it did to make the same things, I got nothing new I could make, like I did with the tier 2 upgrade. And since the tier 4 upgrade I am losing money. When I am on a quest and run over the money it goes up a little than down a lot. I sold my alexandrites for a gold coin each to get to 90coins (I had 900 + before the upgrade)
    just recently and I am down to 44 now and that is only enough to make a few things. I just don't think this is what happens to most people when they upgrade to level 4, and thats why I asked here, support isn't being at all supportive over this problem.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    It is your artisan's level that controls the items you can make. Tier 3 and 4 only affect the capacity of the collection box.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    1. if you use the SAME artisan(s) before and now and make exactly the SAME thing, it will not cost you more regardless what workshop level you are in.
    2. Workshop tier upgrade only gives you (a) the size of the collection box, (b) number of artisan you can hire, (c) quality of the artisan (blue and purple).
    3. It is both the profession level and artisan level control what you can make. Profession level gives you recipe. Artisan level (+ tool) gives you ability to make it successfully.
    4. You can use workshop to make gold as I (and others) told you before in your other threads regardless what workshop level you are in. You should not need to inject gold from external source to do workshop once you get it going. If you did, you did that wrong. People uses workshop to make gold even when they are in workshop 2.
    5. Picky about your artisan selection. I only wants negative percentage for commission and positive percentage for speed. If the commission of the artisan is positive, I would just get rid of it (unless I don't have a choice or it is a purple artisan).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    peppa#4404 peppa Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I want to know if anyone else on upgrading to workshop 3 had absolutely nothing new to make and if it became way more espensive to make the same things? I guess people make enhancements in tier 4 of the workshop but I would be scared to try and get to that level now after what happened when it hit three. And where else do you get enhancements. I only have three I managed to trade all my level 15 enchantments for-what a deal.

You have to craft items so your professions and artisans progress to higher levels to be able to make new items. Upgrading the workshop level doesn't unlock new items you can craft it unlocks spaces in the delivery box and allows us to have more artisans.

Enchantements can be bought at the Sage Shop in Protector's Enclave or from the auction. They are common level from the sage shop, the quality of them found in the auction depends on what people have posted to the auction. We have to upgrade the enchants ourselves if we want them to be a better quality with higher stat enhancements.
    Post edited by peppa#4404 on
  • Options

1. you don't get enchantment from workshop.
    2. you can buy enchantment from Sage's shop as mentioned.

There are armor kit enchantments and jewel enchantments that can be crafted from the workshop. I don't think they're the enchantments jana thinks they are. They're for armor and rings and necklaces, not the character enHANCEments. Inspecting them from the workshop menu does say they're encHANTments, so it's easy to misunderstand which ones are which and where they go on the character sheet.
    jana#2651 said:

Thank you, still would like to know if when other people got to workshop 3 there money disappeared and it cost four times as much to fashion the same thing?

The commission costs of crafting items have a default value and amount of time it takes to complete making the item we've selected. Once we select an artisan to tell them to make that item that artisan's statistic properties ("stats") effect the commission cost, the time it takes to make it (that individual artisan's speed rating), whether they'll make a +1 or be able to make it at all. If you're not using the same artisan for the same items, you're using artisans you hired without looking at their stats and they have a very high commission rate, that's why the costs of making the same item has gone up for you.

The costs of making things stays the same. The artisan we choose to have make the item effects everything about how that individual/particular artisan crafts and item.

Wait for applications to come in from artisans that have lower commission rates, fire (dismiss) the expensive ones you have, and hire the ones with the lower commission rates. - read the text on the screen, especially the artisan stat rates, before you click. Don't just hire and use whatever artisan you fumble upon and on clicky clicking.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

It is your artisan's level that controls the items you can make. Tier 3 and 4 only affect the capacity of the collection box.

You also need level 4 workshop to have access to purple artisans. For some professions purple artisans are the only ones with -75% comission.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    --
  • Options

kharkov58 said:

You also need level 4 workshop to have access to purple artisans. For some professions purple artisans are the only ones with -75% comission.
    All true as well as 3 and 4 allow hiring more total staff, artisans and adventurers for gathering. I think it's a total of 8 staff members at level workshop level one, 16 at workshop level two, 22 at level 3, and I don't know how many at level 4 because I haven't gotten there yet.

The thing that does not increase capacity is the amount of tasks we can do at the same time. It never increases from being able to do 3 crafting and 3 gathering tasks.

I have common (white text color for their names) artisans with -100% commission and I have a common artisan with +125% speed. Looks like the + and - for all their statistics maxes out at 450%.

THIS is part of the calc program I'm working on. This part is the least finished but I think I have all the names. I haven't added their quality colors or organized them. I harvested their names and stats and column R was curiosity test I ran to organize their stat averages from highest to lowest. I didn't finish even doing that...breakfast.

The word "THIS" is a link to a page I copied out of the full calc book I'm working on that I hope will be a huge help with figuring out all there is to the workshop.
    ....I'm sure the devs will change it when I finally get it all completed. :p
  • Options
    cntrl+Wheel Mouse if the text is too small for you.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

I have common (white text color for their names) artisans with -100% commission

No artisans with less than -75% commission I think?

-100% commission means free crafting...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    And they wouldn't be common, either.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

kharkov58 said:

All true as well as 3 and 4 allow hiring more total staff, artisans and adventurers for gathering. I think it's a total of 8 staff members at level workshop level one, 16 at workshop level two, 22 at level 3, and I don't know how many at level 4 because I haven't gotten there yet.

The thing that does not increase capacity is the amount of tasks we can do at the same time. It never increases from being able to do 3 crafting and 3 gathering tasks.

I have common (white text color for their names) artisans with -100% commission and I have a common artisan with +125% speed. Looks like the + and - for all their statistics maxes out at 450%.

THIS is part of the calc program I'm working on. This part is the least finished but I think I have all the names. I haven't added their quality colors or organized them. I harvested their names and stats and column R was curiosity test I ran to organize their stat averages from highest to lowest. I didn't finish even doing that...breakfast.

The word "THIS" is a link to a page I copied out of the full calc book I'm working on that I hope will be a huge help with figuring out all there is to the workshop.
    ....I'm sure the devs will change it when I finally get it all completed. :p
    You may want to look at https://nwo.tbotr.net/professions/artisans.php
    Credit to Michael DarkAngel
  • Options
    okay if after the tier 3 upgrade if I use the same artisans as before and make the same things the price should be the same is what I have heard here over and over. All the artisans I had before had gone up to 20. I thought I would get new things to make. Oh well I didn't, but it did cost me a lot more than before so something must be wrong. I even switch to artisans with - commission, all the ones I had before were+, it still costs more so how is that possible??
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

You may want to look at https://nwo.tbotr.net/professions/artisans.php
    Credit to Michael DarkAngel

I've probably linked that a few times in this thread. That's a great source of info, extremely helpful!
    What I'm working on is more detailed. I want to know more about the workshop than what's on those pages and I've been able to find online.
    jana#2651 said:

okay if after the tier 3 upgrade if I use the same artisans as before and make the same things the price should be the same is what I have heard here over and over. All the artisans I had before had gone up to 20. I thought I would get new things to make. Oh well I didn't, but it did cost me a lot more than before so something must be wrong. I even switch to artisans with - commission, all the ones I had before were+, it still costs more so how is that possible??

If you're in a guild go to your guild's stronghold. There are 2 vendors just inside the stronghold to the right of the fountain behind the Builder merchant that sell mastercrafting items. I'm not sure what all mastercrafting includes because I haven't personally gotten in to it yet. From the things those vendors sell it looks like it's possible to make new, different, higher level items with mastercrafting.

The commission costs to craft items does not change. Give an example of what item you're making that was cheaper to make before, please.