What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preservation ward Bug.

13»

Comments

• Options
    mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User

As they also appear to ignore the mirage set being unable to upgrade and insigs not stacking.
    Those 2 issues still being ignored, with no word. Not even acknowledging them as issues.

If the list of issues was only limited to those two items.. unfortunately it isn't :(
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2022

I get what you are saying, I know the mote vs ward difference. What I'm saying is the changes already made coalescent motes the much heavier option for enchantments - something that used to be upgradeable via wards.

Yes and no.

Yes for upgrading enchantments that used to be below rank 14.
    No for upgrading the enchantment that were higher. c-ward more or less was the only option. p-ward was used for gambling. (1 c-ward vs potentially 150 p-wards)

Now, all the enchantment are considered higher than rank 15 used to be. c-mote more or less is the only option. p-ward is for gambling and the odds is worse. (1 c-mote vs potentially 450 p-wards + a mote)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    I've been refining artifacts with the new system... I think the best way is to protect the glyphs and enchanting stones and leave the RP, but each failure costs two pres wards and 1 in 3 failures also cost 200000RP. It"s brutal.
  • Options
    starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2022

Now, all the enchantment are considered higher than rank 15 used to be. c-mote more or less is the only option. p-ward is for gambling and the odds is worse. (1 c-mote vs potentially 450 p-wards + a mote)

Aye! this is essentially what I'm saying. 450 pres wards + a mote is WAY more expensive than 1 coalescent. more than 4 times as much. Which means, even gambling, the odds of spending less are nonexistent. If you are using preserveration wards instead of just saving for a coalescent, you are almost guaranteed to lose money. Which makes the new mote system almost worthless for any dropped motes outside of coalescents.

I've had a few 1% motes drop in dungeons. I don't know where or when I'll ever use them - it doesn't make sense with this update the way it is.