test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.131.20211219a.22

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508603

Comments

• raymondo6288#7865 raymondo6288 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I forgive you guys for the release of the MOD, what makes the vein in my forehead sticking out in anger is the way you guys decided to release the dragon eggs. Completely unfair if you were not rich or game rich you had completely no hope of getting a mythic dragon egg absolutely no way for everyone in the community to get one. How are you going to fix this?? At least put the mythic egg on the Zen store
  • cygnusx1#6322 cygnusx1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

I forgive you guys for the release of the MOD, what makes the vein in my forehead sticking out in anger is the way you guys decided to release the dragon eggs. Completely unfair if you were not rich or game rich you had completely no hope of getting a mythic dragon egg absolutely no way for everyone in the community to get one. How are you going to fix this?? At least put the mythic egg on the Zen store

Prolly in the wrong forum here but it'd be fun if the Devs could incorporate eggs like Pokemon Go where different eggs show up randomly in different locations at different times. It'd encourage people to be in the game longer and be more like real DnD if you actually had to search the map for treasure.
  • hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @cygnusx1#6322 said:
    > Prolly in the wrong forum here but it'd be fun if the Devs could incorporate eggs like Pokemon Go where different eggs show up randomly in different locations at different times. It'd encourage people to be in the game longer and be more like real DnD if you actually had to search the map for treasure.

It probably wouldn't be that hard to add them to the loot table for the new trial or add them as a boss drop like the weapons.
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508603

So can we get a test server or a small group of PS beta testers? I'll volunteer and sign whatever NDA goes along with it. I think it would go a long way to preventing future issues like this.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

"...with certain characters in the name."

I don't know who Sherlock Holmes'ed the nature of this problem, but hat's off to them.

Not just the friends list, but friends list with certain characters in the name.

Good Lord.
  • > @nitocris83 said:
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508603

So can we get a test server or a small group of PS beta testers? I'll volunteer and sign whatever NDA goes along with it. I think it would go a long way to preventing future issues like this.

I second this @nitocris83 . I also have over 25 years of xp as a software/hardware tester and will sign an NDA. I'll also do it for free if it helps you guys build a better game. Especially, since every mod so far has had issues in the last 3 years.
    Murder time is fun time!
    > @nitocris83 said:
    >

Still not working. Ps4 pro with an ssd installed. Please fix this garbage.
  • nirtygurl#7311 nirtygurl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Welp, after the 3rd update I still am experiencing freezing two seconds after loading in.

Is this issue, "The game locks up if the player has one or more friends on the PlayStation Network with certain characters in the name" really only localized to your friends list? What about the naming of the actual player as I have special characters in my PSN.
    Post edited by nirtygurl#7311 on
  • ivanrichmaivanrichma Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    >

PS5 still freezing at home screen...
  • doublewulfdoublewulf Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I just installed version 10.02 and loaded into PE. Froze within 30 seconds of logging in.
  • spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/11508603

you guys should be utterly embarrassed of yourselves , 4 days 3 patches and still cant login the dam game .
    > @doublewulf said:
    > I just installed version 10.02 and loaded into PE. Froze within 30 seconds of logging in.

I'm not even getting that much time. Mine is like .5 seconds.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    I can play with all but one toon who blue screens when trying to load a new area. LOL
  • marcusrazzi#6413 marcusrazzi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just downloaded patch... still freezes...I am on PS5
  • 3rd time a charm...yeah right! Im still frozen even with new patch realesed today. So again I can't play the game. I haven't been able to play since tuesday. What i find upsetting is it was mentioned a few times that they had found the issue causing ppl to freeze. We have had several patch released since & still it isn't fixed. Since the launch on Tuesday, i missed out on your weekly in game events, your zen bundle sales, my vip adv daily keys, gaining Ad from daily dungeons, obviously playing the new mod with friends. At this point ppl have their weekly haul done
    & are partialy geared,have figured out stats and are running dungeons. Its just frustrating.
  • trec#2442 trec Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    No, not fixed, still freezing when character is loaded. And now my character is dead, so the freeze is on the screen where it aks you to press release, so the usual trick with circle doesn't work. Stuck. Cannot play the game. Plz. fix!
  • dor101dor101 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Newest patch still didn't do jack still froze
  • retrogravy#5576 retrogravy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    >

10.02 has been installed. NO CHANGE. STILL FROZEN.
  • evilwench#9372 evilwench Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still frozen on my boyfriends account and he's deleted over a 100 people off his friends list and he still can't get in. He's missed out on key claims and at this rate the temporary enchants will disappear before he's able to get on. Why can't this be fixed properly?
  • freezy312#7049 freezy312 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2022
    > @nitocris83 said:
    >

Well, I was playing with no issues but now I can't take 2 steps without freezing. GJ maybe fix this immediately instead of making everyone wait another whole day. Hope your "make good" is really good cause at this rate you're gonna lose most of your player base.
  • xrambuto#5432 xrambuto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    what.! still got freeze after this patch...
  • retrogravy#5576 retrogravy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    @nitocris83
    Man I hope these posts are reviewed and they take action on them (said skeptically). But here's what I tested.

10.02 still freezes on PS5. Uninstalled/Reinstalled - still freezes.

I went to my PS4 - downloaded and installed10.02. It froze as well on PS4. My friends did likewise.

The freeze occurs for them on PS5, but both COULD login on PS4. One trimmed their friends list, collected and emptied their mail, and THEN COULD login on PS5. The other only owns a PS4. But again, I freeze up immediately on PS4 and PS5.

I have not trimmed my friends list and think that's where I draw the line as reports of doing so in this thread have been unsuccessful in resolving this issue for them.

Hope this helps find a way to resolution. For everyone. Permanently.
    Post edited by retrogravy#5576 on
  • freezy312#8596 freezy312 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @nitocris83 any comments on all the complaints here? Or are yall gonna leave us in suspense for another 3 days
  • lordofchaos#8154 lordofchaos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You guys are dumb af you still have not fixed the game just reverse the game back and give us our stuff back you stupid's all these time if this does not be fixed soon I will talk to my lawyer about this and provide all the proof I need.
  • trec#2442 trec Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The ps button thingy works to get me in an playing, but when starting a dungeon it freezes, so I have to relogin and do the ps button. Dungeon copmleted, (or rtq demogorgon abandoned) back to zone, have to restart the game and do the ps button. Sometimes ps button doesn't work, so have to restart the game and do the ps button. 1 hour gameplay, 10ish relogins.

Plz acknowledge that you are aware the problem isn't fixed and you are working on it.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    It's working even less for me today after the 10.02 patch then it was with the 10.01. I was hoping it would be fixed by this weekend since I have off but we still have problems. And not to be cynical but let me guess you're not going to be able to fix it during the weekend since everyone is going to be off and all your players who probably play more on weekends than during the week are totally going to miss out and miss a week of collecting new campaign currency and fall behind anyone who was able to play. I've at least been lucky enough to sign in everyday long enough to collect my daily before it freezes hard so I'm not losing out there but this is the worst launch I've seen since launch on PS4 (and I've been playing the entire time). Also y'all keep brining up friend list related issues but I think you're grasping at low hanging fruit since the response you've been getting on here very much shows that it's not it.
    > @freezy312#8596 said:
    > @nitocris83 any comments on all the complaints here? Or are yall gonna leave us in suspense for another 3 days

They already gone for the weekend dude.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I went ahead and removed over half my friends list, its locking up sooner now, about 5 to 10 min into playing after ps button spam to get in. Now, unplayable...smh
  • blackstar#3253 blackstar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    really a great job, "the game is still freezer, locked, unplayble" just pity it doesn't work, really really congratulations, you have a excellent development team for resolve issues about your bugs,you are the only company in the world that declares in post patch, now works, problems resolve, now the game no longer locks up, and punctually does not work, do you remember new mod 20 for playstation ? do you remember that the neverwinter application does not even start the game? my god how much incompetence .. you are an incapable developer, isn't it shameful of you, that players spend money for zen, and have this awkward service, always on your part ?
    (I will never delete my friends, due to your incompetence in not knowing how to release updates and patches)

PS: Post From Italy
    Post edited by blackstar#3253 on