What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make-good Update - [PS] Freezing Issues

Comments

• Options
    jrh11982jrh11982 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2022
    Soooo, what’s the plan here, kids? I don’t feel like deleting the 5 friends I have on my PS is the solution to get my game to play. Soooo……I ask again…..what’s the plan here, kids?
    Post edited by jrh11982 on
  • Options
    nirtygurl#7311 nirtygurl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I went through and thinned out the friends list (sorry guys you've been chopped), I still seem to be having freezing issues. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the freezing issue is caused by having something specific equipped or a specified mod or something little in our inventory. (I've seen that happen before.)

Is it possible to log into our character somewhere else like a app and play around with our stuff and see? 🤷
  • Options
    kos#5107 kos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can now log on but freezes while trying to go anywhere like workshop or different location.
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    The silence is deafening
  • Options
    cygnusx1#6322 cygnusx1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Feb 2 is gone and halfway thru Feb 3 w no patch yet. Can we pls get an update?
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @cygnusx1#6322 said:
    > Feb 2 is gone and halfway thru Feb 3 w no patch yet. Can we pls get an update?

Here's the update.

https://youtu.be/QJHUbtR0yI8
  • Options
    Why is there no update at all? You seriously want to loose your ps fan base? It takes 2 minutes to say "hey, we expect a patch to come out tomorrow or sorry we have no clue what is going on".

I don't know how you will win people back now If all you do is lie.
  • Options
    edaron#3377 edaron Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2022

Lol 🤣 basically tell us to delete our friends without stating what this so called friend threshold is, yeah no I don't think I believe you have any idea what is causing the crash.
    The temporary fix of spamming circle and ps button on load up suggests there is a coding issue on startup, I don't see how friends have anything to do with this, my gf has no issues logging in and she has more friends in her list than I do while I log in and freeze with in seconds unless using the temporary fix which is player found not even suggested by cryptic which suggests they have no idea or have done 0 real testing of this issue.
    It looks real bad when a player finds a temporary button combination fix while the developers pretty much suggests nuking the friend list which does nothing to fix the issue.

I remember they had to use a startup script to keep this from happening once before, maybe they just forgot.
  • Options
    grandnegisgrandnegis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    They never told anyone to delete their friends list. They stated that detected an issue due to a threshold within the list. That can mean anything. It can mean the issue is the number of friends. The issue could be the number of friends that have neverwinter, or not have neverwinter or have certain trophies, literally anything. I am sure they are working hard on it and trying to figure this out. As any major bug, these things do take time. Now if it is working on Xbox, although I heard they are having different issues, then it could be something related to PSN. Let's not forget that party chat issue in Destiny 2 that took them over 6mths to fix and it was totally on PSNs side.

Be patient folks, I am sure they are doing their best and everyone will be able to play soon enough.
  • Options
    peonslayer#5745 peonslayer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    GREAT NEWS GUYS N GALS modd22 will launch a week early....... unfortunately you wont be able to sign in for a week after update though.
  • Options
    Since the employees at Arc games only play on PC, they have no idea what we are experiencing. But they do know , it shows players online on thier end, so instead of addressing the freeze qt the home screen page and beyond, they tell you to remove your friends? Hah, 5 friends on a list is causing freeze issues, when before the MOD 22 release no problems with having friends. Little does Neverwinter know, the longer they keep making excuses, the closer Eden Ring gets to its release date. Cmon Cryptic, just cause y'all got bought out, doesn't mean you should treat your income by not fixing the problem. Buy q playstation and try it yourself.
  • Options
    dwallz92#9792 dwallz92 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Can we please get an update for a fix?
  • Options
    buddyva#9032 buddyva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The friends list correlation was never accurate. I literally have 2 friends on psn. sad life...
  • Options
    darkyforce#0727 darkyforce Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    If you are willing to delete your friends just to play this game then you don't deserve to have any firends.
  • Options
    yillibilly#3975 yillibilly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I missed 2 days of vip keys,trials,2x refinements, and still freezing upon loading in map. Fix it……..
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    okay ya so they still working on it as said... but hey at least they are going to do something to "make good" with PS players once the fix is confirmed and stable(whatever that might be).... so least we can look forward to SOMETHING coming outta thjis
  • Options
    I've lost days of keys and money since I'm a VIP member. Will we get compensated for those items or will we just get a better deal in the zen market? Which of course means the loss of more money from my pocket.
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

They never told anyone to delete their friends list. They stated that detected an issue due to a threshold within the list. That can mean anything. It can mean the issue is the number of friends. The issue could be the number of friends that have neverwinter, or not have neverwinter or have certain trophies, literally anything. I am sure they are working hard on it and trying to figure this out. As any major bug, these things do take time. Now if it is working on Xbox, although I heard they are having different issues, then it could be something related to PSN. Let's not forget that party chat issue in Destiny 2 that took them over 6mths to fix and it was totally on PSNs side.

Be patient folks, I am sure they are doing their best and everyone will be able to play soon enough.

you are an idiot if you think them posting they seem to have found an issue with having a certain amount of psn friends causing the freezing is them not indirectly telling ppl to delete some friends to workaround the freezes.
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

you are an idiot if you think them posting they seem to have found an issue with having a certain amount of psn friends causing the freezing is them not indirectly telling ppl to delete some friends to workaround the freezes.
    How do they benefit by employing Machiavellian mind strategies to coerce people into deleting their friends?

Do think Cryptic employees grief vampires who can only be sated when their customers are friendless and lonely?

Idiot's a strong word when you're throwing around allegation that lack motive or...well...reality.
  • Options
    I hope there will be an extension of the events that are happening in the game since it has been updated to version 10.0 & then patched up with 10.01 still locked up on welcome to neverwinter after choosing character is there a total fix for the game to work properly on PlayStation 4
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Guildy removed all friends,, then as adding back the threshold for friends appears to be 8....then locks up again. Almost enough for a trial I guess. First mmo where removing all your friends fixes the issue 🤣
    Well 4 days left of temp enchants, gl all.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • Options
    obould#1751 obould Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    A VIP extension for the missed days is a good start, that needs to include 100k ad for each day players were unable to join queue and even make back there aily refinement.
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

How do they benefit by employing Machiavellian mind strategies to coerce people into deleting their friends?

Do think Cryptic employees grief vampires who can only be sated when their customers are friendless and lonely?

Idiot's a strong word when you're throwing around allegation that lack motive or...well...reality.
    ? wth does any of that have to do with them stating a way to work around a bug and ppl doing it? when you say dumb stuff like you jus did yes idiot fits perfectly
  • Options
    bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Cryptic, will you find me new friends now that I've deleted all mine to no avail? 😢
  • Options
    irchaserzirchaserz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The make good coming next week vip extension for vip members, mine ran out today but I haven’t been able to get on for last few days to extend it, so will I miss out on that make good?
  • Options
    daddymike68daddymike68 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    > @bomber#7738 said:
    > It would've still been FUBAR.
    > Things have never seemed to have been tested as much as they should before they're pushed through on PS.
    > Heck, we still have bugs that came with mod 21... Lol

There's bugs they know about pre-m16, that they've never corrected. There's several bugs in Avernus, Nightspine being a notable one, that they haven't fixed. One of many bugs from that mod.

I'm disappointed at the lack of and slow communication of info on this problem.