test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Another) List of Bard Bugs

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Here is a list of bugs I have found with the Bard class.

Universal Bugs:
-Harmonize: Harmonize does nothing to increase your Action Point generation: it does not add anything to your Action Point Gain (the stat) and does not add any flat Action Point gain when doing any actions. (I would highly suggest making Harmonize generate 5% of your total Action Points when casting a song.)
-Flourish: Flourish's 50% damage/healing buff does not work on the following powers: Dancing Lights, initial hit of Steel March, initial hit of Tailwind Mambo, and initial hit of Blaze Flamenco
-Celestial Weapon Set: The Bard Celestial Weapon set is not purchasable but exists in collections.

Songblade (DPS) Exclusive Bugs:

-Steel March initial hit: The initial hit uses projectile damage and not physical damage.
-Steel March: The song will randomly take deduct an extra 50 Performance from you, in addition to the expected 100 Performance cost. Back when the elemental song stacking was a thing, Steel March would never proc Musician's Flow.
-Tailwind Mambo: If you use Ballad of the Hero/Ballad of the Witch/or the Backup Performer feat while Tailwind Mambo is currently active, Tailwind Mambo gets cleared from the player's effects (ie, the player loses the damage swap to projectile, the song magnitude boost, and wind magic from Con Elemento). The player will still see Tailwind Mambo's damage buff in the buffbar.
-Ad Libitum: If you mash the Ad Libitum button too fast, the attack will jam. As in, the animation will play, but no damage is actually applied to the enemy. This occurs often when using Performer as your final feat and seems connected to how the game is swapping powers into and out of your powers tray.
-Steel March/Blaze Flamenco/Tailwind Mambo initial hits: These powers do not benefit from the general 2% damage buff from the song, nor do they benefit from the matching damage type buff from Battle Harmony.
-Ballad of the Witch procs: Ballad of the Witch procs do not hit multiple targets, instead only hitting one target nearest to you. This is contrary to the tooltip, which states that Ballad of the Witch will proc per target hit by your abilities.
-Ballad of the Hero/Ballad of the Witch Procs: The procs cannot score Critical hits. This is contrary to the rest of the design of Ballad of the Hero/Witch's procs, which can benefit from Power, buffs, debuffs, Combat Advantage, and be deflected. (This bug was also carried over to the Sigil of the Bard active effect which mimics Ballad of the Hero).
-Improvised Dancing Lights: Improvised Dancing Lights (the special version you get with Performer) hits for 250 magnitude rather than the expected 350 magnitude. (Someone made a typo there...)
-Redoublement: If you use any encounter power during the Redoublement attack window, any remaining hits of Volti Subito or Ad Libitum get converted into their Improvised (half damage) versions. This occurs even if your pick Loremaster or no final feat.
-Redoublement: Ad Libitum and Volti Subito cannot benefit from Redoublement. This occurs even if you use Ad Libitium in the middle of Volti Subito attacks, or use Volti Subito in the middle of Ad Libitium's attacks.
- Grandstand and the Ballads: If you play Ballad of the Hero or Ballad of the Witch with Grandstand, you do not get Hero's Finale or Witch's Finale.
-Grandstand and the Ballads: Ballad of the Hero/Ballad of the Witch's procs do not have their damage doubled from Grandstand.
-Ready to Exploit: Damage buff does not apply to Dancing Lights, initial hit of Steel March, initial hit of Blaze Flamenco, and initial hit of Tailwind Mambo.

Minstrel (Healer) Exclusive bugs:
-Rejuvenating Carol Heal Ticks: The healing ticks of Rejeuvinating Carol on the Minstrel are 100 magnitude, not the stated 200 magnitude. (Someone forgot to apply the buff from the tooltip to the actual song...)
-Sheltering Etrude: If you re-cast Sheltering Etrude to a target that already has Sheltering Etrude, the existing Sheltering Etrude does not heal the target. This is contrary to the tooltip, which states that re-applying Sheltering Etrude should cause the pre-existing one to heal targets.
-(EDIT) Encore and Aurora Fantasia: If you use Aurora Fantasia through Encore, you will gain unlimited Aurora Finales and be unable to use Performance (play other songs). The only way to clear this is to exit combat or to die.

Non-Combat Bugs*:

-(EDIT) Loading into Instances with your Lute Out* : Whenever you have your Lute out and load into a new dungeon instance, you will randomly crash upon entering/loading the new zone.
- Free Perform and Number Pad*: If using the NUMBER PAD to input songs, you are unable to input certain notes while holding flat and an octave change. Playing a sharp and octave change is fine.
Low Octave+Flat: If done through the numberpad, you cannot play 1 (C), 4 (F), or 7 (B) when holding this combo when holding this combo of semitone and octave change. .
High Octave+Flat: If done through the numberpad, you cannot play 1 (C), 2 (D), 4 (F), 5 (G), 7 (B), or 8 (C one octave higher ) when holding this combo of semitone and octave change.

*When talking to others, it seems as if I am the only one with this bug. I am uncertain if this is just me, or if this affects other people.

---------
Other Reported Bugs/Confirmations:

Similar Bugs were reported by other (recent) reports. They are reposted here just in the event these previous ones were lost when being "circled" to the dev team.

General List: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1263337/bard-bugs
Sheltering Etrude Stated Effect does not work: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1263071/bards-sheltering-etude-bugged
Bugged Tailwind Mambo with Ballads and Backup Performer: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263688/latest-updates-broke-the-bard
Ballads overriding Tailwind Mambo: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13196515

[EDIT] More bug reports
Ballad overriding Tailwind Mambo https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263695/ballad-of-the-hero-bug
Volti Subito and Performer Bugs: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263762/bard-performer-feat-not-always-activating

Some of these bugs were reported in the preview version of the class ... and then nothing was done.
I am fairly certain some of the bugs even go as far back as that hastily closed beta (especially that multiple elemental song stacking bug that was recently fixed), but I was not in it and can't confirm.

I am also fairly certain there are more bugs than these that I simply have not found (I'd test on preview/Owlbear, but both are down).

Post edited by rjc9000 on

Comments

• inumbroinumbro Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    @kreatyve

Can we get this list forwarded? It is the most comprehensive list there is and just shows how bugged the bard is..
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    inumbro said:

@kreatyve

Can we get this list forwarded? It is the most comprehensive list there is and just shows how bugged the bard is..

Forwarded. Someone needs to hop on preview though and see if any of these were fixed. Also, who are you on that new account?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    kreatyve said:

Forwarded. Someone needs to hop on preview though and see if any of these were fixed.

The bug reports with multiple bug reports I think are easily verifiable as still existing, such as the Tailwind Mambo bugs, Steel March eating more Performance than usual, or existing Sheltering Etrude not popping when using another Etrude.
    Some of them are very easy to visually check, such as Ballad of the Hero/Witch not critting, or Ballad of the Witch procs only hitting one target (the closest one near you) rather than all targets hit in an AoE.

I mostly re-checked the ones I suspected that did not get fixed at all since I/others found them in July (or, in the case of Rejuvenating Carol, found out recently).

Since most of my suspected bugs were still intact during my tests, I figured the other, more obscure/strange ones didn't get fixed at all.

Here is mathematical proof on some of the bugs (the math is tagged in spoilers).

If you think some of these bugs I previously pointed out make no sense, point them out and I will re-verify if they still exist.

Character Used for Heal Bugs:

Character is at rest in these screenshots.

Not pictured, but the item level is 18,000.

(Yes Avathar/Misa/lassor, you can figure out what server I'm on.
    No, I don't think this harms the validity of my test results.
    And no, there aren't any new items because I'm a huge slacker.)

I unequipped all enchants. At the time of the test, I had was a Halaster artifact slotted in.

Campaign boons were set to empty.

Rejeuvinating Carol is actually 100 magnitude and not 200:

The heal log.
    All I did was run into combat, get hit, and played Rejeuvinating Carol.

The critical heal ticks were 8689.

If you work backwards on the math, you can calculate that the heal magnitude is actually 100 mag by accident.
    Since I played a manual song, I add an extra 10% Outgoing Healing and 10% Crit Severity from the Bard's Truly Inspired and Critical tuning passives.

Assuming the heal ticks of Rejeuvinating Carol bugged at (correctly) 100 mag, the math would look as follows:
    Heal = (Item Level/10)* (1.1) * (Magnitude/100) * (1+ (Power)) * (1+(CritSev * 0.5)) * (1+ Sum of Outgoing Healing)* (1+ Sum of Incoming Healing)
    Heal = (18,000)*(1.1)*(100/100)* (1+(0.43385))* (1+(0.64985+0.1)*0.5) * (1+ (0.46235+0.1))*(1+(0.42485))
    Heal = (1980) * (1) * (1.43385) * (1.3749) * (1.56235) * (1.42485)
    Heal = 8689.354

Which is basically spot on to the actual result.

Note that I typically use an internal spreadsheet to validate my math, and this was the result my spreadsheet calculated. The result is slightly different, but that is likely due to rounding errors.

I am not going to break out ACT or Rainer's combat log to prove the math down to 2-3 decimal places, I think my math definitively proves that Rejuvenating Carol is accidentally 100 magnitude and not the stated 200 magnitude on the Minstrel.

Character Used for DPS Bard Bugs:

Character is at rest in these screenshots.

The artifacts, mounts, companions, are the same as the healer setup.
    I just spent 60,000 AD every time I respecc'd. Not like AD is a problem on preview when you copy billions of AD.

Note that the feats will differ for each result.

Improvised Dancing Lights is accidentally 250 magnitude and not 350

While it is unstated, Improvised encounters (generally) deal half damage compared to their normal versions.
    Improvised Dancing Lights is an exception due to a presumable typo during programming.

To check, I used Performer and used Fleche until I fished for an Improvised Dancing Lights.
    Then, throw Improvised Dancing Lights and then work backwards on the math.

Damage was 10459 (was a Crit, no Deflect), base of 15688.
    I had no elemental song playing in the background, so Dancing Lights would use Magic (INT) for ability score bonuses.

Assuming Improvised Dancing Lights is 250 mag, the math would be as follows:

Damage= (Item level/10)*(1.2)*(Magnitude/100)* (1+ (Relevant Ability Score*0.025))* (1+Power)*(1+(Critical Severity-Enemy Critical Avoid))*(1/(1+(Enemy Defense-Defense Shred)))
    Damage= (18,000/10)*(1.2)*(250/100)*(1+(11*0.025))*(1+0.71385)*(1+(0.64985-0))*(1/(1+(0.50-0)))
    Damage=(2160)*(2.5)*(1.0275)*(1.71385)*(1.64985)*(1/1.5)
    Damage= (10459.27546)

Which is practically the same as the ingame combat log.

I usually do my vertifications/calculations on a spreadsheet, which gives a similar calculation.

When inputting 250 for the base magnitude, the result is the same.
    Improvised Dancing Lights accidentally has a magnitude of 250, not the intended 350 magnitude.

Redoublement accidentally turns Ad Libitum and Volti Subito into their Improvised versions:

Feats

Combat Log:

I attack with Fleche once to set a new portion of the combat log.
    I then use Volti Subito to hit the target.
    Afterwards, I follow up with Lunge, which is just within the Redoublement window.

I then attack with the remaining hits of Volti Subito.
    Notice that the remaining hits of Volti Subito are Improvised, but in the feat screenshot, you can clearly see I have no last feat (ie, I am not using Performer).

And yes, the math checks out that the Improvised versions are actually the half damage improvised versions and not the full damage versions with the wrong name.

A similar result occurs when I use Duet during Ad Libitum's Redoublement window: the remaining Ad Libitum hits get converted to Inspirational versions.

I could do more combos of power, but for the sake our sanity, I think I have proven that using encounters during the Redoublement window will automatically convert your remaining Ad Libitum/Volti Subito hits into their Improvised versions.

• destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    You put more work into testing the class then the dev team put into making it, Props to you for putting so much work into this and i'm sure every bard in the game appreciates what you do
    Bump to the most comprehensive list of Bard bugs.

Most of this bugs were reported during preview, the fact they are still in game mindblowing.

Are they gamebreaking? Some are thats for sure. Just looking at the healer bugs you can see that we are stuck with a HoT that only heals for 50% and an AOE heal that is non-existant. Do not even get me started on AP gain...
  • keona#8568 keona Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    @inumbro I agree! I don't know how I missed this one...thank you @rjc9000 (also bump)
    Managed to get an answer from Cryptic at yesterday AMA.

He/She would have a tester look through this thread and test. Yah I know, it sounds like a generic answer from them, but at least I was not the only one to mention the Bard situation yesterday, so we hopefully managed to shake the tree abit.
    @kreatyve

Can confirm none of the reported bugs have been fixed on preview.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    inumbro said:

@kreatyve

Can confirm none of the reported bugs have been fixed on preview.

Ok, I can confirm that they have seen the thread.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    @kreatyve

Thanks for letting us know, I think I speak for the whole Bard community when I say thst we appreciate thst the Class is getting looked at. Most of the bards I know dropped the Class due to these bugs, which is a shame as you guys put alot of work into it.

Hoping for a quick resolve, if the tester needs any help I am sure we are a few that would happily supply him with all he/She needs.

edited December 2021
    inumbro said:

Hoping for a quick resolve, if the tester needs any help I am sure we are a few that would happily supply him with all he/She needs.

Hey, you guys mind sending me some mythic collars and mythic Dominance insignias on the live PC server?
    I need them for testing purposes.
    :wink:
    rjc9000 said:

I am also fairly certain there are more bugs than these that I simply have not found (I'd test on preview/Owlbear, but both are down).

The list grows longer and longer ...
    General Bugs:
    -Swapping Paragons and Mounts: When swapping between paragons, if you try to mount up, the game will dismount you three times before you can mount up normally. (I vaguely remember Nero reporting this, it just slipped my mind until I changed paragons while mounting up, then I remembered it existed).

-Bard Attacks and Mechanic Visuals: If you use Lunge while being targeted by a mechanic (such as Vault of Stars/ToMM's Hypothermia or the balls in the new CoK trial), the arrows/indicators for the mechanic disappear. Note that Lunge is the only attack I have physically confirmed/seen that have broken mechanics, not sure if other attacks such as Volti Subito or Contre Neuviembre break the visual as well.
    -Magic Lore (Lore daily attack): The damage buff of Magic Lore does not affect the basic buffed Fleche and Dancing Lights, despite those two attacks being considered magic for the purposes of the Intelligence ability score. (It does work correctly on Con Elemento, Ballad of the Hero procs, Ballad of the Witch procs, Witch's Finale, Duet, and all powers when under Blaze Flamenco).
    -Ready to Exploit and Rejuvenating Carol: Rejeuvinating Carol and Backup Performer Rejeuvinating Carol clear the Ready to Exploit buff. This is contrary to the tooltip, which states that using damage dealing songs, not healing songs, will clear the Ready to Exploit buff.
    -Elemental Medley and Masterful Performance*: I am told that Masterful Performance once worked on Elemental Medley. As of the most recent preview patch that put CoK onto preview for testing, Masterful Performance no longer buffs Elemental Medley stacks.

*Unsure if this is a bug or intended and I don't have pre-patch data to verify if this was correct or not. The tooltips imply this is intended, but if it is not, a fix would be nice.

I officially give up on my bard until these bugs are fixed.

As a healer I am struggling to do what a Cleric can do on a bad day.

As a DPS I, at the moment, feel the Class is so broken that I bring absolutely nothing to the team.

Will be rolling a FOTM DPS Class instead, because why even bother anymore.
  • Great list, sadly...
    There are a few more i know of, but the most game breaking thing is the delay on performance. It's the "you can't do that right now" class. So much that on songblade, all the bonuses the class get from not using shortcuts barely overcome the time wasted. Any slight lag on top of that and it becomes almost unplayable. On ps4, 5 sec from entering performance to the first con moto (worst if not using shortcut, i mean, a class mecanic that require to press 9 buttons oO).
    Yah - I would never in a million years advice anyone on console to play the bard. 6-9 presses to activate a bugged HoT only to be followed by delay until you can do anything again. I outright refuse to belive anyone employed by Cryptic have ever played the Bard on Console, in let's say Vault of Star.

The idea is great, the implentation is below average and the followup is abysmal.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I've escalated the list so folks can check which ones we are already aware of/working on and which ones we need to write up. Thanks!

I've escalated the list so folks can check which ones we are already aware of/working on and which ones we need to write up. Thanks!

Thanks Nitro!
  • garilia#5589 garilia Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by garilia#5589 on
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I'll tag along with this thread. After finishing any dungeon, skirmish, trial using my poorly equipped bard (always dps role), the window that displays the stats/results (most times fallen, etc.) cannot be closed. The prompt at the bottom of that window ("Press X to hide") always has "Press to hide" (note that "X" is missing from the text). The X key has no effect and the window does not respond to any mouse click. Because of the size of that window, it is difficult to interact with any chest or the portal (to exit) but it can be done.
    @nitocris83 @cryptic39#8917 @noworries#8859 @""crypticpop#7861"

Any update on this? I know you guys are busy with Mod22 and understand, but the bard community would like to see these bugs fixed ASAP. I do not know the numbers, but I am rarely seeing another bard anymore, which is a shame with all the effort you put into the Class.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

*looks at Wizards*

Yeah thanks. Good to know that this type of list is acceptable to post. I have noticed in the past that after about three report threads in a week, the forum locks you out of posting more. I have always been hesitant writing out a list because of it. I once started on one for just the Shard of Endless Avalanche encounter power, but then they removed that so I just threw it out. It takes a lot of effort and time to write down the bugs as precise as possible and add step by step instructions if you know them. Well done on this list and I completely agree with holding back beneficial bugs until after the maleficent ones are fixed. For some reason there is always time to fix things that benefit players, but never time to fix annoying bugs that occur daily or even every time a power or function is used.
    dillygirl said:

rjc9000 said:

*looks at Wizards*

Well done on this list and I completely agree with holding back beneficial bugs until after the maleficent ones are fixed. For some reason there is always time to fix things that benefit players, but never time to fix annoying bugs that occur daily or even every time a power or function is used.
    This right here.

I felt sick and was truly disgusted when they 'fixed' (And subsequently broke the whole DPS song system, yes its useless now) the song stacking 'exploit'.

Sure it was an exploit, but at that precise moment they, Cryptic, showed their hand and revealed they DO read up on social media, watch Youtube videos etc.

Which make me want to tear hair out, as some of these bugs been reported at PREVIEW OF MOD 21.Yes...That long ago.

I have no idea how this game is coded, but I can honestly say that if our software engineer at the work took 1 year to squash a bug, he was fired immidiately. And this is complex military software we are talking about.
  • keona#8568 keona Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bump. Red areas vanishing gets worse in all dungeons. Well at least they are overall bugged now and we as Bards arent the major cause of that - yay! Currently red areas in VoS specifically, but also in TIC etc. show up in the wrong place, display the wrong cone. At least we can contribute to people not being confused by making them disappear overall :)
    I can't tell if it's funny or sad we keep finding more bugs:

General Bugs:

-Mystify: The damage over time and the detonate damage are not buffed by Blaze Flamenco's magic damage buff (the Battle Harmony damage type matching buff). I suspect it does not benefit from the Magic Lore (Lore daily) damage buff, but I didn't check.

Mystify's DoT and detonate both count as magic damage for purposes of Intelligence's Magic damage boost, so there's something wrong with the self buffs on Mystify.

-Duet Hit 2: When using the second hit of Duet, any mechanic visuals (such as Hypothermia in ToMM/VOS, or the balls in the new COK trial) will disappear. ( Lunge was previously reported to have the same problem. I have heard rumors of Performer stacks/Improvised Ad Libitum also having this problem, but have not confirmed if this is true.)

Minstrel (Healer) Exclusive Bugs:
    -Forte Localization: The Forte Localization is accidentally using the localization for the DPS Forte.

Let's give this thread the good old bumperino as new threads are starting to emerge about the same thing.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Keep commenting and responding to these problems to keep the pressure on developers to respond in **ANY** fashion - but hopefully by correcting these bugs.
  • depaminadepamina Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The level of the support on the 'new class' is horrendous. It's not even funny anymore. Disgracefull attitude from the developers side. That kind of behaviour is simple message to the community: the game is dying, devs don't have the motivation to work, they don't know if project NW will be shut down soon after new owner bought the company (that's at least what I see in that kind of behaviour). Those are the things that come to mind when you see the amount of bugs with no support, constant p2w pushing. Make as much many as we can before they will close the project. It's just sad.
  • shadow3150shadow3150 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Cryptic could let players know when they plan to work on bard bug fixes. Silence looks like indifference to the players and to the fate of the game.