test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Apart from the good ones, this enchant was the only highlight of the campaign. Will it be replaced by something? Did the players who already ran the campaign receive this award?

Other question that causes me doubt, will the r14 anniversary enchant be exchanged for medals? What will happen to shards of weapon and armor enchants? Are these still available via stamps at the respective store? I've been running out of time (and desire) to enter the preview.
  • Options
    medman43#6026 medman43 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Is the Combat enchantments we see in the choice pack the only combat enchantments, or will you add to this collection over time ?

No Answer yet?

• Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

Is the Combat enchantments we see in the choice pack the only combat enchantments, or will you add to this collection over time ?

No Answer yet?

They've answered it multiple times.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

wow just been told in PTS we can't exchange our Heart of Fire & Ice rank 14 gems for medallions, I thought if I could exchange that and spend some AD I'd have some viable toons as all my rank 9s are now just RP. I support the game with VIP and the odd zen purchase (I don't believe a game should be FTP as everyone needs to get paid but I don't believe you should be too greedy either). I just want to be able to play but if you nerf us into the ground too hard there are a lot of new games coming I guess we go try another....

While it's possible and honestly, they should fix it before release; I kinda get why they might not.

If someone has 50 characters, it's extremely easy to get the HoF R14 on each.

Since each is worth 12 Medals, that's 600 practically effort free, no expenditure Medals. I can have a single character from 1-20 and finished the AI Campaign around every 9-10 hours at most.

That means it's possible to generate a completely new, full account of characters with them in 25 days.
    But they are going to allow turn in for rank 15 that are character bound from incentives during recruitiment?

wilbur626 said:

No Answer yet?

Wait for that answer just like masterwork changes announced in June.....
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited December 2021

wilbur626 said:

No Answer yet?

Did you bother to read the first page? It was answered within 3 hours since that question was posted.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

What will happen to the Founders Glorious enchantment and the Brilliant Energy weapon enchantment ?

While Brilliant Energy seems to be worked out, I cannot find an answer concerning my Founder's Glorious Enchantment. This enchant is currently the only worthwhile remainder of being a founder, it would suck to have it go the way of the Dodo..

• Options
    qorbane#8622 qorbane Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I wish you guys would do some basic fixes instead of all these huge ones that will no doubt be filled with massive bugs and problems. Simple things like making insignias more available and having a better drop rate. You say people were complaining about things like Gold cost? That's stupid and probably from a few years ago, gold is almost a useless now. Insignia powder however is one of the biggest things I see people having trouble getting, well low budget people or free to play. It's a stupid grind and no real good place to grind it.

But no let's mess something up that already works, ya that's a great plan. Make people's hard work pointless and zen purchase obsolete. Real happy I bought that Vorpal Weapon, really happy I have the Floral Barkskin just so you guys can trash them FOR NOTHING!
  • Options
    cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User

I have 2 questions,

If you were to exchange a rank 10 armor and weapon enchantment, which version of those enchantment visuals do you get? Do you get the max rank visuals from rank 12 through 14? Or do you only get the rank 10 visuals for exchanging a rank 10?

Also, if I didn't own any of the old enchantments before mod 22, and I wanted the visuals from them, would it be possible to get the old visuals if no copies of those old enchantments still existed?

On Preview, I have received the same illusion for every rank I have turned in, the illusions from exchanging weapon enchants of the same type, but different ranks stack. They are giving the max visual effect regardless of exchanged rank.

Illusions are unbound and can be sold in the auction house.

The refinement process for shards is the same for rank 7 and 8, so in theory the shards can be refined. But there are no sources for the old reagents. Gathering those will not be too difficult in the begining, but will become impossible as time goes on.

Unless a new path to obtain illusions is introduced, there will eventually be a finite number of them available.
  • Options
    aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Once new mod hits live, are we getting multiple account-bound enchantment claims or is it going to stay as it is on preview now limited to 1?

Here it was stated you guys were working on a way to be able to claim as many enchantments to fill all slots... does it still stand?

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I would chill a bit, the devs have been on vacation for more than a week now. Wait for the next update, then bring up stuff that needs to be fixed once you recheck things.
  • Options
    aday#3795 said:

Once new mod hits live, are we getting multiple account-bound enchantment claims or is it going to stay as it is on preview now limited to 1?

Here it was stated you guys were working on a way to be able to claim as many enchantments to fill all slots... does it still stand?

The current plan is apparently for a 1:1 exchange.

Let's presume you want the same enchant in all Offense/Defense slots for every character. That's 8 enchants.

So you will need to upgrade and trade in 8 of that Mythic enchant to be able to claim those 8 enchants on each character, So theoretically, the minimum number of enchants you'll need to make Mythic is 12.

Of course they could make it so trading in 1 Mythic of an enchant that can be put in multiple slots unlocks enough reclaims to fill all those slots for each character; which is what they should do. That would be 9 per Mythic IIRC (8 Off/Def, 1 Utility).

All the others (Bonus, Combat, Companion) only fit 1 slot so you only need the 1 each. In that case it would put the minimum Mythics needed for a full set at 4.

Lets be honest though, it's less than 2 weeks until it goes Live on PC; they probably won't have it done in time; it almost definitely won't work when it does go live and all the prior game issues will continue to be ignored.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Lets be honest though, it's less than 2 weeks until it goes Live on PC; they probably won't have it done in time; it almost definitely won't work when it does go live and all the prior game issues will continue to be ignored.

This is probably the biggest reason they shouldn't launch all these changes in 2 weeks. With the holidays, not much has even been looked at(I don't think) since they announced it and feedback started. I'd rather they delay it until feb 1 and iron out more details.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    stark760 said:

tgwolf said:

This is probably the biggest reason they shouldn't launch all these changes in 2 weeks. With the holidays, not much has even been looked at(I don't think) since they announced it and feedback started. I'd rather they delay it until feb 1 and iron out more details.
    They won't unless there is something they consider critically broken.
    They will need to be very brave to admit/imply something is critically broken. It will look very bad in front of the new owner.
    Not meeting the schedule, something critically broken, ... will mean somebody will be replaced by the new owner.
    They will just ride the storm just like they have done many many times.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

stark760 said:

tgwolf said:

They will need to be very brave to admit/imply something is critically broken. It will look very bad in front of the new owner.
    Not meeting the schedule, something critically broken, ... will mean somebody will be replaced by the new owner.
    M22 needs to launch a lot smoother than previous Modules; they risk crippling characters until they fix whatever problems occur otherwise.
  • Options
    tgwolf said:

stark760 said:

tgwolf said:

M22 needs to launch a lot smoother than previous Modules; they risk crippling characters until they fix whatever problems occur otherwise.
    Well, I think they already considered it will not be smooth and will not be "smoother". Hence, they provide a bunch of temp enchantments to "smooth"/hide the initial hit and HOPE they/players can somehow "resolve"/workaround that before the time expires. I am thinking they will eventually have to extend the expiration to buy more time.
  • Options
    fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Has the lifedrinker enchantment been fixed yet? It could not be traded in for an illusion.
  • Options
    fns2005 said:

Has the lifedrinker enchantment been fixed yet? It could not be traded in for an illusion.

It was fixed last patch I think.
  • Options
    sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    aday#3795 said:

If they are giving 1-1 it's waste of time trading them for account bound ones. You can always remove and slot enchants without any gold cost and it wouldn't take much time now .. I would not recommend trading them for account bound ones...

Cryptic always changing the game every mod to mod so keep that in mind and don't trade them for account bound ones.
  • Options
    sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Is there any way to Share Medalions Between characters ???
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2022

Well, I think they already considered it will not be smooth and will not be "smoother". Hence, they provide a bunch of temp enchantments to "smooth"/hide the initial hit and HOPE they/players can somehow "resolve"/workaround that before the time expires. I am thinking they will eventually have to extend the expiration to buy more time.

Well, the easiest way would be to give those enchantments a "combat time" instead of a "real time" counter, that way the temp. enchantments would stick around long enough for solving most of the new bugs/issues going along with Mod. 22...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Oh and also, Lost Ark is out soon, and it's F2P, and has overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam. I know you're tryina beat the last bit of juice out of this dead horse, but please, give it a proper burial, will you?
  • Options
    agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    for alts and enchants. Could make a 2nd enchantment page on character sheet and have it for account.

What i mean is the game would first check if the current char had a specific enchant slotted and if not check if the account wide page
    had one and use it instead if first was missing.

Can of course do all this with a lot of moving enchants between chars each time you swap chars but ..,
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    A few screenshots for those that are afraid the new system will "nerf" their toons :

Fighter Vanguard with Augment companion :

Fighter Vanguard with Succubus :

Dig In active :

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    wilbur will be one of the very rare players playing tank in the next goal... hopefully 2 or 3 very difficult months for whoever is going to get the randoms being dps.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Currently on preview stronghold overload 'mark of the fey ward' does not list in the available overloads
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User

aday#3795 said:

It is limited to 1 per how many you exchanged. The enchants that can only go in a single slot are limited to 1 exchange. The ones that can go in multiple slots (offense/defense/utility) are limited to 9 exchanges. So if you exchange 9 of one of those types of enchantments, you can claim 9 of those on all of your characters.
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand with NoWorries' wording.

Does this mean a Jade enchantment could be reclaimed once but for every character and that the Poisoned Thorn can be reclaimed only once on a single alt character?

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

aday#3795 said:

It is limited to 1 per how many you exchanged. The enchants that can only go in a single slot are limited to 1 exchange. The ones that can go in multiple slots (offense/defense/utility) are limited to 9 exchanges. So if you exchange 9 of one of those types of enchantments, you can claim 9 of those on all of your characters.
    Do you have any special plans for the Founders Glorious Enchantments and the Greycloak Insignia Enchantments ?

I find it very sad if these simply cease to exist...
    Elite Whaleboy