test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• jbt91#7812 jbt91 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    So effectively, if we wanted the ability to reclaim enough enchantments to fill all the offense/defense/utility slots, we have to turn in 9 rank 5 enchantments of that type, for a total of 45 enchantments to turn in to cover all 5 types of offense/defense/utility enchantments? Would that be considered accurate?
  • chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2022

aday#3795 said:

Once new mod hits live, are we getting multiple account-bound enchantment claims or is it going to stay as it is on preview now limited to 1?

Here it was stated you guys were working on a way to be able to claim as many enchantments to fill all slots... does it still stand?

It is limited to 1 per how many you exchanged. The enchants that can only go in a single slot are limited to 1 exchange. The ones that can go in multiple slots (offense/defense/utility) are limited to 9 exchanges. So if you exchange 9 of one of those types of enchantments, you can claim 9 of those on all of your characters.
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand with NoWorries' wording.

Does this mean a Jade enchantment could be reclaimed once but for every character and that the Poisoned Thorn can be reclaimed only once on a single alt character?
    This is what I think it means:

For example, you can upgrade the new bilethorn to mythic and exchange it for the account one, being able to claim it on all toons. But, if you were to upgrade another bilethorn to mythic, you wouldn't be able to exchange it again, but you would be able to exchange another combat enchantment, again only once.

For something like the cobalt enchantment, you can upgrade to mythic and exchange up to 9 times, and all the other offense/defense/utility enchantments can also be upgraded and exchanged up to 9 times each. So in short, 1 enchantment can only be claimed once.

Edit: also what jbt91 said
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

So effectively, if we wanted the ability to reclaim enough enchantments to fill all the offense/defense/utility slots, we have to turn in 9 rank 5 enchantments of that type, for a total of 45 enchantments to turn in to cover all 5 types of offense/defense/utility enchantments? Would that be considered accurate?

Yea, but why would you need that many? I can understand for offensive having a good variety, but most classes are going to want the same defensive and utility across alts.
  • jbt91#7812 jbt91 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Considering how new gear alters builds and such, it’s best to have the reclaim maxed so switching to different enchantments is easier and less costly. The 45 enchantment number is more for people wanting to have all options open, so I was trying to get confirmation if that number was accurate.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User

aday#3795 said:

Once new mod hits live, are we getting multiple account-bound enchantment claims or is it going to stay as it is on preview now limited to 1?

Here it was stated you guys were working on a way to be able to claim as many enchantments to fill all slots... does it still stand?

It is limited to 1 per how many you exchanged. The enchants that can only go in a single slot are limited to 1 exchange. The ones that can go in multiple slots (offense/defense/utility) are limited to 9 exchanges. So if you exchange 9 of one of those types of enchantments, you can claim 9 of those on all of your characters.
    So what you are saying is that your earlier statement where you promised to look for a way to have them be reclaimable multiple times did not bear fruit?

I mean, I am ok with it, its par for the NW course, but I am not a big fan of blantantly ignoring earlier statements made. It can't be THAT hard to simply say "Hey we had another look, from a balance/programming/marketing/buiness/profit (cross out whats not applicable) viewpoint it is not feasible to give you multiple reclaims".

I like this game, I really do, but the communication standards tend to give me hives :)

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

aday#3795 said:

Does this mean a Jade enchantment could be reclaimed once but for every character and that the Poisoned Thorn can be reclaimed only once on a single alt character?
    I'm also not understanding how it really is. I have 6 R15 runestones, can I exchange them for 1 R5 or 6 (I don't even know the new max) for the new companion runestone and redeem on all alts? Or because I only have one utility I can only claim 1x?
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User

aday#3795 said:

I'm also not understanding how it really is. I have 6 R15 runestones, can I exchange them for 1 R5 or 6 (I don't even know the new max) for the new companion runestone and redeem on all alts? Or because I only have one utility I can only claim 1x?
    OK, so.. I just hopped on Preview to take a look and test. Combat/bonus enchants (Thorn, Burn, +movement, etc...) you can turn in and claim ONCE per toon of each type (so, if I turn in a Fort, Burn, and Thorn, every toon on my account can claim *ONE* each of those).

Stat & util enchants: You can claim 1:1 on each toon for however many R5's of that type you turn in. So if you turn in 5 R5 Garnets, and 3 R5 Jades - you can claim, PER TOON, 5 R5 Garnets and 3 R5 Jades.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2022

aday#3795 said:

For each alt:
    * You can reclaim each type of companion/combat/bonus ONCE one each character, provided you exchanged an r5 for account bound ones first.
    * You can reclaim all the other types up to 9 times on each character, provided you have exchanged a r5 of that type 9 times first

This basically means that if you get a free copy of all the enchants on the main character on all alts as long as the enchants are r5 and have been exchanged for account bound ones.

This is a very fair setup for alts.

It will also pull a lot of r5 enchants out of the market, keeping the prices of RP and enchants up.
    hrakh said:

aday#3795 said:

So what you are saying is that your earlier statement where you promised to look for a way to have them be reclaimable multiple times did not bear fruit?

I mean, I am ok with it, its par for the NW course, but I am not a big fan of blantantly ignoring earlier statements made. It can't be THAT hard to simply say "Hey we had another look, from a balance/programming/marketing/buiness/profit (cross out whats not applicable) viewpoint it is not feasible to give you multiple reclaims".

I like this game, I really do, but the communication standards tend to give me hives :)

Pretty sure what is on preview is exactly what they said would be available. Why would they let you claim 9 Jades/alt just for having one r5 exchanged for account wide unlock? Sounds like to me you either misunderstood the original statement or you are gaslighting.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User

aday#3795 said:

You wont actually exchange any of them for another new enchantment. Every enchant you have now (above rank 9 i think) will be exchanged for tokens.

The tokens can be used to buy a rank 1, 2, 3 or 4 enchant choice pack. The rank 1 and 2 choice packs give you a choice of one of any of the new enchants. The Rank 3 and 4 give you a choice of one of the new Weapon or the new companion enchant only.

However one rank 15 enchant will not give you enough tokens to buy one new Rank 4 choice pack, so dependent on how many enchants you have you will have to buy a selection of rank 1 - 4 choice packs, so realistically you will end up with mainly new rank 2 enchants.

Each choice pack gives you just one new enchantment, which is unbound but not available to claim on any other character. However once you rank a new enchant up to rank 5 (mythic) you can choose to exchange that for an account wide equivalent, so it becomes account bound but everyone of your characters can get one copy.

You will only ever need one copy of any of the combat, companion or bonus enchants as each character can access a copy. However if you need 3 Jade enchants you will have to rank up 3 Jade enchants to level 5, exchange all three for account wide equivalents, than each of your characters can access three Jade enchants. This is up to a maximum of 9 jade enchants, and the same for all other offence, defence, utility enchants.

I hope that makes some sense?
    arazith07 said:

hrakh said:

aday#3795 said:

Pretty sure what is on preview is exactly what they said would be available. Why would they let you claim 9 Jades/alt just for having one r5 exchanged for account wide unlock? Sounds like to me you either misunderstood the original statement or you are gaslighting.
    Or just assumed, as some/many of us may have/did. There's two statements by noworries in the last post on this thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263829/official-refinement-information

I, and others, may have (lol - c'mon, it was Christmas time! We maybe got excited!) misinterpreted the second statement of:
    "But we are working on an improvement to that where the enchants that can go in multiple slots (offense, defense, utility) will be able to exchange and claim enough to fill all those slots, so if you wanted the same enchant type in all of those slots, you can have that with account wide enchants."

So I mean, yeah - you can read it both ways, especially since the first statement seems to reflect current state. And yeah, truthfully - it did seem a bit.. generous.. that I could drop 1 R5 in and reclaim it up to 9x times, but.. hey!.. stranger things have happened. It makes more *sense* to make you trade in 1:1, I totally get it, and it's a decision I'd probably have made myself.

But daggone it, now I need more coal wards.. er.. motes.. something, lol. On the upside, it'll give me something to do with my.. "unethical piles of (rp) wealth". ;)
    arazith07 said:

hrakh said:

aday#3795 said:

rereading the original statement:
    But we are working on an improvement to that where the enchants that can go in multiple slots (offense, defense, utility) will be able to exchange and claim enough to fill all those slots, so if you wanted the same enchant type in all of those slots, you can have that with account wide enchants.
    I can see where that is multiinterpretable enough to allow for this to fit the bill. So, granted, I likely did some wishful reading. You can go claim your paladin of righteousness and defender of the weak badge with its traditional golden honey colouring. Wear it with pride!

Does absolutely nothing to weaken my statement on communication, I would claim it reinforces it :)

edited January 2022
    hrakh said:

arazith07 said:

hrakh said:

aday#3795 said:

I can see where that is multiinterpretable enough to allow for this to fit the bill. So, granted, I likely did some wishful reading. You can go claim your paladin of righteousness and defender of the weak badge with its traditional golden honey colouring. Wear it with pride!

Does absolutely nothing to weaken my statement on communication, I would claim it reinforces it :)

Part of communication is the receiver, if one doesn't have reading comprehension or proper context, no matter how clear someone is, they can be misunderstood. Someone said there was a bug where they couldn't claim more than 1 enchantment of a same type despite exchanging multiple rank 5s for account ones, and Noworries said the above in response.

aday#3795 said:

@noworries#8859

To ask a clarifying question, since some of us may have been laboring under a misinterpretation:

I didn't see the above info in any patch/release notes for preview (not saying there isn't, I just haven't come across it as yet, and review of your post history didn't lend any additional insight, which may be a failing on my part, dot dot dot...)

Is the above an *interim* state, and will there be an additional modification for multiple reclaims (as your post in your refinement updates thread could potentially allude to)?

Or is this the go live state, and is WAI/WAD? Thanks in advance, looking forward to your response.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    cthon said:

To ask a clarifying question, since some of us may have been laboring under a misinterpretation:

I didn't see the above info in any patch/release notes for preview (not saying there isn't, I just haven't come across it as yet, and review of your post history didn't lend any additional insight, which may be a failing on my part, dot dot dot...)

Is the above an *interim* state, and will there be an additional modification for multiple reclaims (as your post in your refinement updates thread could potentially allude to)?

Or is this the go live state, and is WAI/WAD? Thanks in advance, looking forward to your response.

When the initial discussions were happening on how best to handle alts the first check in made for preview had a limit of 1 account wide exchange and 1 reclaim for all enchants. That was when I made the comment about a future adjustment which would allow more of the offense/defense/utility enchantments to be turned in so people could use multiple of the same enchant easily on their alts.

The timing between the two was quick as we did multiple preview updates that week so most people likely never saw the limit of 1 and that is where the confusion likely came from.

The current setup on preview is the intended setup and what will go live. You have to exchange an enchant into an account wide reclaim to be able to claim it on alts and how many you turn in is how many you can reclaim.
    Roger that, and thanks for the clarification! Carry on, good sir.
  • kyjle6akakyjle6aka Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    BUG: Illusions are not displayed on clerics.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Thanks to those who tried to enlighten me how it works, but I'm still a blind lost in a shooting. But there are only a few days left to find out what this wonderful system is going to be like. :#
    edited January 2022
    arazith07 said:

hrakh said:

arazith07 said:

hrakh said:

aday#3795 said:

Part of communication is the receiver, if one doesn't have reading comprehension or proper context, no matter how clear someone is, they can be misunderstood. Someone said there was a bug where they couldn't claim more than 1 enchantment of a same type despite exchanging multiple rank 5s for account ones, and Noworries said the above in response.
    You are correct, but part of professional communication is formulating ones answers to be clear, with as little context and interpretation required as possible. But it could very well be that those standards are not as globally accepted as I would hope :) Anyway, as I have already conceded the initial point you were trying to make, this seems superfluous, but feel free to take a second badge.

edit: Oh and because I absentmindedly forgot to do this in my initial reply: Sorry @noworries#8859 for wishful reading and thus misunderstanding.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User

wow just been told in PTS we can't exchange our Heart of Fire & Ice rank 14 gems for medallions, I thought if I could exchange that and spend some AD I'd have some viable toons as all my rank 9s are now just RP. I support the game with VIP and the odd zen purchase (I don't believe a game should be FTP as everyone needs to get paid but I don't believe you should be too greedy either). I just want to be able to play but if you nerf us into the ground too hard there are a lot of new games coming I guess we go try another....

Late tio this, but here's my take.
    Stat enchantment (i.e. not weapon/armor) are not the highest priority for a player. Running all R9s is fine, comps, mount, weapon/arm echants are higher priority. Echantments are useful for(*) 1. Increased Item Level 2. Minor stat tweaking (e.g. change 5xR9 Dark utility for 5xR15 and you get a tiny increase for almost 5 million AD).
    (*) With possible exception for R15 Azure utility for the movement.

In the new system that doesn't change. Rank1s give you more than R9s. They cost 100k and starting with none will be fine for someone who was running all R9s (my 50k HR uses 10 R9s).

I believe the bigger problems are;
    1. Leveling needs to not give out old enchants, that's very confusing, especially when new/returning players create a character for mod22.
    2. Giving players 7 days of Rank4 enchants will cause even more confusion when all those stats/IL disappear

• neverwinter#9005 neverwinter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bug report; [Fortified Nature] Enhancements is not working right. This Enc is give me only %12 Awareness and %12 Deflect. This Enc does not give %12 Defense
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    - Lifedrinker Weapon Enchant is still/no-longer tradeable for the respective Illusion.
    - Heart of Fire Enchant still is not tradeable for currency.

These will need to be fixed before it goes live to be able to focus on the inevitable unknown issues that will occur.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    So thinking strategically here... when the mod goes live, is it best to:
    1) trade all of my enchants from every alt to my main
    2) exchange for medallions / new enchants all on my main (because medallions aren't tradeable)
    3) rank 'em all up, exchange for account bound
    4) reclaim new ones on alts

Is that the the best way to go? Or would that potentially screw over any of my alts?
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2022

So thinking strategically here... when the mod goes live, is it best to:
    1) trade all of my enchants from every alt to my main
    2) exchange for medallions / new enchants all on my main (because medallions aren't tradeable)
    3) rank 'em all up, exchange for account bound
    4) reclaim new ones on alts

Is that the the best way to go? Or would that potentially screw over any of my alts?

- Trade everything you can to your Main.
    - Take note of what you can't trade (for example I have a Character-bound R15)
    - Start by trading in multiples of 120 value to acquire: 1x Rank 4 Companion Enchant, 1x Rank 4 of Each Combat Enchant you want.
    - Upgrade them and trade in for the Account-wide version.
    - Depending on how much you have in potential Medallions with your untraded Enchants, decide what matters to you: Losing value on the trade in for your Rank 2s at 60 Medallions each or an extra Coal. Mote per enchant. If you don't/won't have a vast surplus of Medallions to spend to the point it won't matter; BUY the Rank 1 Enchants from the Sage Shop for 100k AD each. Sure it will cost you an extra Mote in the upgrade process for each but that comes out to a difference of 100k AD to buy a Rank 1 vs1.2 Million AD in Medallion value to get it from the exchange. 2.4 Million for the Rank 2. Coal. Motes may be lol, expensive but not even close to bridging that cost gap.
    - Upgrade/trade-in the other enchants you want as you go.
    - Reclaim on and equip your Mains and alts.

Depending on what your Coal. Mote/refinement points/items stock looks like will determine whether you can just do everything at once or over time.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Indeed the medallons don't stack anymore and take one slot each. This needs to be fixed asap.
  • aubitronaubitron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Just logged in to preview as I was going to test what I can get again now. Am disappointed about the whole account bound thing, as I read it in a positive light as well, but c'est la vie.

However, how did the bug for them not stacking anymore come in....as I can't even trade in the enchantments to claim medallions and evaluate now, and it's going to live next week :/

I am normally constructive when giving responses. But can't really with this, just also highlight the issue, to try and get it resolved. As it prevents any checking of stuff on preview before the new mod goes live :/
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    aubitron said:

Just logged in to preview as I was going to test what I can get again now. Am disappointed about the whole account bound thing, as I read it in a positive light as well, but c'est la vie.

However, how did the bug for them not stacking anymore come in....as I can't even trade in the enchantments to claim medallions and evaluate now, and it's going to live next week :/

I am normally constructive when giving responses. But can't really with this, just also highlight the issue, to try and get it resolved. As it prevents any checking of stuff on preview before the new mod goes live :/

You can buy enchantment from Sage store using AD (if you have enough AD such as 100K for one stat enchantment and 250K for one combat).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User

Bug: the enchants that can go in multiple slots (offense/defense/utility) are limited to 10 exchanges, not 9. It's impossible to slot 10 same enchants.