test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled maintenance and Patch Notes: NW.131.20211003a.5

Comments

• madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    it was no accident, sadly. today they finally did that companion nerf theyve been threatening for a while. we didnt lose our best free source of compy tokens by accident today.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    pitshade said:

AKAIK there isn't an issue with turning them in either, it's just that you can't spend the tokens.

Until you hit the cap.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Even though it's from 30K to 50K, it's still another rise in equipment level, which leaves out the overwhelming majority of players.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    My MK quests are gone. Although there wasn't much left to go through them. 500k ad for the first level 1 profession? I understand 1.500k only for level 3 of 1 profession? And then another chult with sharandar to buy?(3.500k/4.500k and this is only for 1 profession, seriously? Are you crazy?
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Return my tokens spent on companions.
  • duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    So to sum up some ....
    1) you get your recipes now with AD and no quests. So this game is even more .... more hack and slash
    2) Book exchange deletes your recipes you already know and you have to purchase them again (seriously?)
    3) There are no Sharandar recipes yet
    4) material space is actually an issue I got to use alts for bag space (a nuisance, but it is there - really bad for people with not many alts) / Consider account-wide workshop storage? - like account bank?

.... and mention a few more....

1) some old crafts like carpets for guild hall need Cashmere Yarn that is nowhere to be found as a recipe. (Yes some of us took time to something different from just killing anything moving in your dungeons.....) - is there going to be some changes to those recipes?
    2) collections for masterwork artifact equipment stats aren't updated, but i guess this is minor (we can use other collection items to compare them)
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    There was no mention of them removing the regular chultan recipes and I still have all of that and it still shows up as being purchased on my toon even though it no longer exists in the alchemy column of the workshop. All other regular chultan recipes are available to me so why not that one as well?

As far as Masterwork is concerned, there is an indication that they missed the Masterwork III Jewelcrafting as that should clearly not even be there at all.
  • salvationiksalvationik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Developers, you really are asking ordinary players to donate to you, where you can get 50 thousand oops without donating, you’re already stuck with money there. Why this event is only for those who are 50. What do you think only about donators. But what about ordinary players, developers you really have already got it. you have to throw your project and on every forum call your game the worst
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Even though it's from 30K to 50K, it's still another rise in equipment level, which leaves out the overwhelming majority of players.

Not everything has to be for everyone. Also, what else do you expect from something called a challenge?
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I am merging all threads regarding the last update in this one, and I will provite updates as soon as possible.

I will first publish the Russian patch notes.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Not everything has to be for everyone. Also, what else do you expect from something called a challenge?
    Yes, it is "Reaper's" challenge for a reason. Most cannot survive through it anyway.
    No consumables (I assume it mean no health stone, no health potion)
    No revives (you die .. then you die).
    Constant DoT (your HP keeps dropping)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Patch notes are now available in Russian. Localisation team did an awesome work btw, as always in fact, but especially this week since there were many things.

I also updated all the patch notes:

Masterwork Recipe Books will now be purchasable from the Stronghold Artisan for Astral Diamonds.
    • Stronghold Masterwork recipes will be purchasable for 500,000 Astral Diamonds per book.
    • Masterwork of Sharandar recipes will be purchasable for 1,500,000 Astral Diamonds per book.
    • Masterwork tools and Masterwork fashion are now available for purchase at the Stronghold Artisan for 100,000 Astral Diamonds.

Masterworker’s Tools should also be purchasable for 100,000 Astral Diamonds per tool pack, and here are some updates regarding the issues that have been escalated:
    • Sybella's store has been modified, and players are no longer able to exchange the Heroes Medallion; the previous store was replaced by the rewards of the Reaper's Challenge. --> It's not intended and will be fixed soon.
    • Stronghold Masterwork recipes are purchasable for 500,000 Astral Diamonds per book, instead of 100,000. --> It's intended, and patch notes were updated.
    • Masterwork of Sharandar recipes are not available in game. --> It's intended because the dev team is still working on it. These recipes will be available soon.
    • Patch notes indicate "Chultan Masterwork - Blacksmithing II now requires a Fullered Yklwah Blade to trade in." (Quest: "A Reel Catastrophe (Armorsmithing)") but players report that it still require the Brightsilver Fishing Reel. --> This issue is being investigated and will probably be fixed soon too.
    • Chultan Masterwork - Alchemy: we are currently investigating on potential issues regarding this.

We will also investigate about the following issues: Regards,
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    edited October 2021
    In my crafting character, (say) Blacksmithing, I still can see "Chultan", "Masterwordk I-II" and "Masterwork III".

Do I still need to buy "Chultan Masterwork - Blacksmithing I" and "Chultan Masterwork - Blacksmithing II"?

What do they offer me? Is there anywhere I can see what they provide?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    percemer said:

Stronghold Masterwork recipes are purchasable for 500,000 Astral Diamonds per book, instead of 100,000. --> It's intended, and patch notes were updated.

So recipes/tiers that used to be unlocked by doing work for your guild are now unlocked by running content unrelated to guilds... But the vendors are still in the guilds, and gated behind guild ranks. Makes sense? (Nope.)

Oh, and you're forcing a repurchase for tiers that people have already unlocked...

Get bent.

percemer said:

Stronghold Masterwork recipes are purchasable for 500,000 Astral Diamonds per book, instead of 100,000. --> It's intended, and patch notes were updated.

So recipes/tiers that used to be unlocked by doing work for your guild are now unlocked by running content unrelated to guilds... But the vendors are still in the guilds, and gated behind guild ranks. Makes sense? (Nope.)

Oh, and you're forcing a repurchase for tiers that people have already unlocked...

Get bent.
    Recipes were never unlocked via doing work for your guild. Most players would be paying about that much before hand on mats that weren't able to be created by their profession anyways. This way, the grind is cut out and you can afford each recipe in 5 days.

What is being forced to be repurchased that you had before? That sounds like a bug and not intended.
    arazith07 said:

Recipes were never unlocked via doing work for your guild.

What? Of course they were... The second round of quests (the ones that awarded a tool and a cosmetic outfit) required masterwork crafting turn-ins. Which required mats from maps. Which were purchased with marks. Marks you get from contributing to your guild...
    arazith07 said:

Most players would be paying about that much before hand on mats that weren't able to be created by their profession anyways. This way, the grind is cut out and you can afford each recipe in 5 days.

The grind is cut out? Huh? The grind is still there, it's just different content. Instead of farming mats you're farming AD...
    arazith07 said:

What is being forced to be repurchased that you had before? That sounds like a bug and not intended.

On Monday I had Masterwork I-II and Masterwork III unlocked for nearly all professions. On Tuesday I log in to find I have none, because all of those recipes were removed and put into new books. The only way that's a bug is if the new books were supposed to be gifted to those that had already unlocked those tiers, but this does not seem to be the case. It appears intentional.

arazith07 said:

Recipes were never unlocked via doing work for your guild.

What? Of course they were... The second round of quests (the ones that awarded a tool and a cosmetic outfit) required masterwork crafting turn-ins. Which required mats from maps. Which were purchased with marks. Marks you get from contributing to your guild...
    arazith07 said:

Most players would be paying about that much before hand on mats that weren't able to be created by their profession anyways. This way, the grind is cut out and you can afford each recipe in 5 days.

The grind is cut out? Huh? The grind is still there, it's just different content. Instead of farming mats you're farming AD...
    arazith07 said:

On Monday I had Masterwork I-II and Masterwork III unlocked for nearly all professions. On Tuesday I log in to find I have none, because all of those recipes were removed and put into new books. The only way that's a bug is if the new books were supposed to be gifted to those that had already unlocked those tiers, but this does not seem to be the case. It appears intentional.
    You still need to do the same things, minus the quests. You still need to use guild marks to get your maps to get the maps.

Oh wow, instead of hours of farming maps and failing tasks, you just spend a few hours farming AD that you would be farming anyways. Trust me, it's faster.

Yes those were removed, but you aren't having to repurchase those recipes because they were removed. I do think that the exchange items sucks for having had those recipes before, but that wasn't the point you brought up.

Before, you have to grind MW 1-5, often spending millions of AD on the AH for mats for each profession, mats that went into items that you will never use due to quest turn ins and the stupid commission system they had for MW5. Now, you only have to learn MW 4 and 5, spending only 1.1mil per profession.
    arazith07 said:

Yes those were removed, but you aren't having to repurchase those recipes because they were removed. I do think that the exchange items sucks for having had those recipes before, but that wasn't the point you brought up.

Yeah, of course I don't have to repurchase those specific recipes, I have to repurchase the tiers that I used to have. I had made progress in the system, but not far enough to reach the tiers that weren't changed or removed. So all of my progress was effectively reset, without so much as a "Sorry".

So to get back to where I already was (which I reached without spending any AD at all,) I have to spend over 3.5 Million AD. How is that fair?

• igcanadian1980#4962 igcanadian1980 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    So to be clear, if you guys knew this was coming, and yet you still popped double guild Mark’s. Followed by double professions.
    Then on top of that, just to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you value what you just had us dig up at 5 to 1.
    I am so glad I don’t spend a dime on this game anymore. I’m assuming magic fell through because of the crack team you guys have been just garbage.
    I actually like many of the updates but I do not understand why you continually feel the need to just dump on veteran players? I understand most veterans are smart enough not to spend the money on this game, however without the veterans the new player base you guys cycle through would be. Incredibly lost.

arazith07 said:

Yeah, of course I don't have to repurchase those specific recipes, I have to repurchase the tiers that I used to have. I had made progress in the system, but not far enough to reach the tiers that weren't changed or removed. So all of my progress was effectively reset, without so much as a "Sorry".

So to get back to where I already was (which I reached without spending any AD at all,) I have to spend over 3.5 Million AD. How is that fair?

You really aren't making any sense. That 3.5 million AD you are spending is on the old MW 4 and 5 stuff, which you said you didn't have before anyways. You spent 3.5m on stuff to get ahead of where you were a few days ago. MW 4 and 5 was always Chultan Mastercrafting.

If you want something for your old progress, the Travelling merchant in the Guild Hall does have an exchange tab for old recipes and old mats to new Sharandar mats.
  • funnyman626#4051 funnyman626 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Funny enough, I am kind of in the same boat. For the majority of my MC professions, I was working on completing stronghold tier 2. Those are all gone, but I can now skip all of that and just purchase the Chultan Masterwork books to get those recipes. The first three stronghold tiers are effectively gone, but they let players keep their resources for building anything in those professions. For example, I can build a titansteel weapon if I want, but I can't build the quest items because those were removed by design.

On PS4, I do not see any recipes to purchase except the Chultan Masterwork ones, and I can purchase those for every profession even if I was not there yet in the quest line. Example, for artificing, I was working on tier 2, but now I can skip tiers 2-3 and just buy the Chultan Masterwork artificing recipes. This strikes me as a positive change since I no longer need to bother with anything before the Chultan recipes. Now, it's just Chult and eventually Sharandar recipes.

I think the patch notes confused a lot of people (myself included) when they used the phrase "Stronghold masterwork recipes" when all evidence seems to point that they meant to say Chultan Masterwork recipes. The stronghold recipe price was 100k AD, but they changed the price to 500k AD (and listed the change as a typo earlier in this chat). The notes do not explicitly list anywhere a price for "Chultan Masterwork recipes," but the stronghold recipe price of 500k is what is displayed in the game. It's like they used the words "stronghold" and "Chultan" interchangeably in some parts of the patch notes.

*edit* Now that I think about it a little more, the words "stronghold" and "Chultan" might be used this way because you buy the Chultan recipes in the stronghold now. We purchase nothing from the port in Chult anymore.
    arazith07 said:

You really aren't making any sense. That 3.5 million AD you are spending is on the old MW 4 and 5 stuff, which you said you didn't have before anyways. You spent 3.5m on stuff to get ahead of where you were a few days ago. MW 4 and 5 was always Chultan Mastercrafting.

If you want something for your old progress, the Travelling merchant in the Guild Hall does have an exchange tab for old recipes and old mats to new Sharandar mats.

Okay, you're right about the new books being "higher" than my previous progression. I re-read the patch notes a third time and I understand now. It really could have been phrased a bit better. Changing from an obvious numerical progression naming convention to "Chultan" and "Sharandar" doesn't really explain that "Chultan" is first; only that it comes before "Sharandar" since Chult was introduced in an earlier module.

The frustration is that I was working towards the cosmetic outfits, and had time and resources sunk into completing those quests. Resources that are consumed by those quests. I can't exchange those mats for new ones, because I no longer have them; they're gone, with no compensation.

The only way to "trade" for what I was working towards is by buying the "Masterworker's Tool Pack"s from The Artisan, using the old capstone crafts (Gilded Ledger, Adamant Trapdoor, etc.) Except you can't craft those anymore; the recipes are no longer available. So this exchange only helps the people who somehow ended up crafting these right before the changes, and hadn't the opportunity to turn them in.

There isn't any compensation for partial progress, and materials already sunk into those quests. Sure, I can just go buy them from some vendor now (for a cost that was also misrepresented and inflated at the last minute,) but using what? Guild Marks. That everyone already dumped during the discount week. So now I have to go earn more marks to buy the things I was already 75% of the way to earning the previous way? Screw that.

It's like putting high-cost items in a campaign store, then changing all the quests to reward a different currency entirely. Zero respect for the time players have already spent working towards something.
  • binwiz7binwiz7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

I think the patch notes confused a lot of people (myself included) when they used the phrase "Stronghold masterwork recipes" when all evidence seems to point that they meant to say Chultan Masterwork recipes. The stronghold recipe price was 100k AD, but they changed the price to 500k AD (and listed the change as a typo earlier in this chat). The notes do not explicitly list anywhere a price for "Chultan Masterwork recipes," but the stronghold recipe price of 500k is what is displayed in the game. It's like they used the words "stronghold" and "Chultan" interchangeably in some parts of the patch notes.

The patch notes are definitely confusing. I'm still trying to figure out for sure if there are just Chultan and Sharandar Masterwork, or if there are also supposed to be a set of Stronghold Masterwork recipes. Being used interchangeably in the notes would be quite frustrating, but I could see it being an error if it were used once, but it specifically states Stronghold are 500K, with no pricing listed for Chultan and mentions that you need the previous Stronghold book for before the next tier a couple lines down.

Also the fishing reel quest that was mentioned in another post is still active (at least for some) because while I was looking around, I received the quest, which I can't complete, and the reward is a Stronghold Masterwork book, meaning that that naming convention is used somewhere in game, even though I can't purchase anything with that name at the Stronghold Artisan. The only options I have available are the Chultan books, which seems to be a major oversight. Either the naming of Stronghold Masterwork is wrong, and being used erroneously in game, and needs to be removed from there, and corrected in the patch notes, or someone needs to at least acknowledge that they do, in fact, exist and are just not showing for some reason.

I know there are always bugs in any update, and there's not always a way around them, but this seems to be more than just a bug, since it's included in the documentation (which could have more clear information, for sure) and there are traces of it in game, granted in the wrong place. Regardless of the problems caused by this update, I, and others I'm sure, need more specifics as to what is actually supposed to be thee (whether it is or not), and if it's something that needs, and is going to be, fixed, or if it is as it's intended, with small side issues that need remedied.
  • methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    In the "book exchange" tab of the Travelling Merchant, the resources listed at the bottom have entries for masterwork recipes I, II and III for each of the professions. For some reason armorsmithing appears twice, one set all 0's and one set all 1's, I'm not sure this is intended or how it's working, but is probably unimportant. I note, however, that leatherworking has only II and III listed, I is missing. Presumably this needs to be corrected so that another set of the "compensation" items can be claimed.

More problematic, however, is the bottom resources section on the "Chart resources exchange" tab on the Travelling Merchant. The layout seems to have been setup to allow for only 2 digits for each resource which works fine for only 2 digits... I have thousands of each resource which has made the whole section an undecipherable mess (can't figure out how to insert an image, sorry). All of the icons are not visible and each of the values overlaps the next resource meaning that nothing is readable at all. I can move the focus to each resource individually and see its name, but not the icon. This leaves me with an impossible task trying to figure out which resource each of the "purchased" resources costs as the only price indicator is the tiny icon on each, and I can't see the icons at the bottom.... and no, I can't remember them all, nor should I need to....

Please sort this out as it makes this "Fair" exchange system unusable...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    After this patch, I am once again encountering INVISIBLE enemies, for example a lot of mobs in Sharandar Mire, but even the big Remorhaz in Bryn Shander HE got several appearance modes to switch between - visible, totally invisible and "invisibility effect on".
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Thank you @percemer for being kind enough to communicate with the players on the status of these issues.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    percemer said:

Patch notes are now available in Russian. Localisation team did an awesome work btw, as always in fact, but especially this week since there were many things.

I also updated all the patch notes:

Masterwork Recipe Books will now be purchasable from the Stronghold Artisan for Astral Diamonds.
    • Stronghold Masterwork recipes will be purchasable for 500,000 Astral Diamonds per book.
    • Masterwork of Sharandar recipes will be purchasable for 1,500,000 Astral Diamonds per book.
    • Masterwork tools and Masterwork fashion are now available for purchase at the Stronghold Artisan for 100,000 Astral Diamonds.

Masterworker’s Tools should also be purchasable for 100,000 Astral Diamonds per tool pack, and here are some updates regarding the issues that have been escalated:
    • Sybella's store has been modified, and players are no longer able to exchange the Heroes Medallion; the previous store was replaced by the rewards of the Reaper's Challenge. --> It's not intended and will be fixed soon.
    • Stronghold Masterwork recipes are purchasable for 500,000 Astral Diamonds per book, instead of 100,000. --> It's intended, and patch notes were updated.
    • Masterwork of Sharandar recipes are not available in game. --> It's intended because the dev team is still working on it. These recipes will be available soon.
    • Patch notes indicate "Chultan Masterwork - Blacksmithing II now requires a Fullered Yklwah Blade to trade in." (Quest: "A Reel Catastrophe (Armorsmithing)") but players report that it still require the Brightsilver Fishing Reel. --> This issue is being investigated and will probably be fixed soon too.
    • Chultan Masterwork - Alchemy: we are currently investigating on potential issues regarding this.

We will also investigate about the following issues: Regards,
    Okay wait what? These prices were intended? Why was none of this communicated? What is the reasoning behind such an exorbitant price besides trying to be an AD sink considering the state of the exchange? How is any of this remotely fair? There needs to be either a change back to the original prices or compensation for the bait and switch. Who has 1.5 million AD sitting around on a regular basis for one book when we thought that would buy three. It will take 15 days to refine the AD necessary for just one book. So it will take MONTHS to refine enough AD if we go that route to get everything. The changes for Mastercrafting has been badly planned, poorly communicated, and somehow rushed while being years late considering this was originally supposed to come out with Undermountain and you left pieces from that in the recipes and that's why it didn't release with Jewel of the North like it was supposed to. There needs to be a fully detailed explanation and post from the devs about the reasons for these changes and there needs to be more transparency. While I read the forums and do preview a lot of your player base does not and they wouldn't find out about these changes until the patch notes (which again were wrong) and there was no time to plan. There was nothing on your social media or even the front page of this website saying that these changes were coming so how is this remotely fair to any of them?

We only got to test this for like 2 weeks maybe three at most and none of our feedback in the Preview forums were even followed or acknowledged. Also most of this stuff isn't even worth making. The Wootz tools are weaker than the Cobalt tools in what they provide to Proficiency and Focus. Considering that the Chult Mastercraft recipes requires 1400 proficiency I can imagine the Sharandar ones will require 1500 so even with the Forgehammer of Gond and having Epic Artisans with 450 proficiency we'll be at 60% at most and while I know this is supposed to be a challenge this is ridiculous. Especially with the added insult of the raised cost of the Recipe books to begin with. Crafting itself is still completely borked because of the Level 20 level squish. All recipes need to be reviewed and changed.

The exchange store is awful as well. What are we supposed to do with the single items? Why wasn't this just done the same as last time where we exchanged old materials for different levels of vouchers and bought new materials for varying prices? And under the Antiquity tab is it a bug or a feature that the only items it says I can trade in are +1 items? What am I supposed to do with the rest?

There needs to be an actual discussion between the player base and the devs. There needs to be transparency behind the design process. I know @nitocris83 is out sick but @ambassadorkael#6946 and @percemer you have some big shoes to fill to put out these fires and explain these things to your player base. We DESERVE a response and acknowledgement of Cryptic's failings in this matter.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    When did this store changed? Did we lose all the currency we had?
    edited October 2021
    It is a bug. It will be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.