test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M20 to M21 Transition Inconsistencies

skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
Hello all you wonderful gamers,

QA has been skimming the forums for as many issues as possible throughout this entire process. As we come closer and closer to M21 launch we are honing in on issues with characters transitioning from M20 to M21. It would help us out a bunch if you all could post any inconsistencies in this thread pertaining to importing your characters to the new leveling system. Please repost any issues from other threads that relate for increased visibility.

For example; Missing items, loss in Campaign progress, Item Level drops, Guild Boons mismatch, anything like this.

Thanks

- SKing

Comments

• xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Loss in Campaign/adventure progress. Questline progress broken in whispering caverns.
    The quest "Into the unknown" is impossible to complete because the target NPC is not avaible in the map. The second issue related to this quest is that, "Into the unknown" quest is completed on live but, when I copy the character on preview, the game marks it as not completed yet. This is the only quest bugged and, because of that, I can't get the rewards of the whispering cavers
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261508/whispering-caverns-questline-impossible-to-finish-bugged-quest
    quest-tracker-bugged
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

Loss in Campaign/adventure progress. Questline progress broken in whispering caverns.
    The quest "Into the unknown" is impossible to complete because the target NPC is not avaible in the map. The second issue related to this quest is that, "Into the unknown" quest is completed on live but, when I copy the character on preview, the game marks it as not completed yet. This is the only quest bugged and, because of that, I can't get the rewards of the whispering cavers
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261508/whispering-caverns-questline-impossible-to-finish-bugged-quest
    quest-tracker-bugged

For completeness, have just run all the quests that were outstanding on my level 80 character. The npc is by entrance to the final lair in the area.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Doing the filler quests to complete the journal told to head back to Sgt Knox, sparkle path points inside the Guild whilst Sgt Knox is standing on his dais in PE outside. This is on a level 80 20 character.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Neverember's recruitment event
    which is coming, probabIy to encourage peopIe to create the new bard has some things to fix or Iook into; for exampIe
    How are the rewards distribution throughout the new 20 IeveIs, considering that every 10 IeveIs we wouId gain a certain amount of neverember's favors, the event aIso rewards maze engine patronage and bonding runestones, which need to be changed
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I have been trying to copy a character over to Mimic server for over a week. It is not allowing me to copy my character.
  • darkcinnamondarkcinnamon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    If character copy to preview has not been down for the past two weeks we could actually test that stuff
  • dydylasoupedydylasoupe Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is a problem in elemental evil campaign,my main character from 2013 hasn't the reclamation rock complete in achievements but my rerolls from 2018/2019 all have it because of different quest between the old elemental evil and the new.
    Is a correction planned about this or do we have to do again the campaign ?
  • themaster#1093 themaster Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Character copy not working...
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    My Staff of Flowers artifact that was made unbound (see https://www.arcgames.com/it/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11485733-patch-notes%3A-version%3A-nw.125.20210219a.12) became automatically bound on character after copying the toon to Preview server. The artifact was only sitting in my inventory. It was untouched and I haven't equipped it. :/
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    The "Claim Reward" button remains on the screen even when all rewards are claimed.

The new leveling system isn't taking into account threat/aggro in zones where no aggro would be taken from lower level enemies versus your level. E.g. Icespire as level 80 = no aggro, on preview, they will aggro you. Assuming it's applicable to all relevant zones. In the event the argument or suggestion that this is now intended it's a derogatory move towards qol, when there's already much needed qol.

(side note: are those new or old returning landscape changes in Icespire? Specifically the meme type looking dwarf statue)
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    One word: Crafting.

Haven't seen a fix yet.... is it going to be fixed? are are we expecting the usual from Cryptic?
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Hey themaster, darkcinnamon, onodrain, or anyone else having issues importing characters to Preview.

Can any of you be more specific with the issue you are facing? I just ran through the import process along with another tester and encountered no issues.

Let me know
    - SKing
    edited July 2021

Haven't seen a fix yet.... is it going to be fixed? are are we expecting the usual from Cryptic?

Hey, this feature has been bringing up our rear for development on M21. We have fixes internally for the quest issues, that QA is confirming this week. We may get a patch live to preview before launch with them. Depends on how much back and forth between QA and Dev on the fixes.

Let me know if you have any specific concerns about crafting/professions but we are hitting it hard until release.
    - SKing
  • viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2021

Hey themaster, darkcinnamon, onodrain, or anyone else having issues importing characters to Preview.

Can any of you be more specific with the issue you are facing? I just ran through the import process along with another tester and encountered no issues.

Let me know
    - SKing

Issue: When you copy the character. It does not appear on the character list on preview. Been like this for over a week, earliest report I saw was last sunday.
    Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZXmQU0wSAw

Hey, this feature has been bringing up our rear for development on M21. We have fixes internally for the quest issues, that QA is confirming this week. We may get a patch live to preview before launch with them. Depends on how much back and forth between QA and Dev on the fixes.

Let me know if you have any specific concerns about crafting/professions but we are hitting it hard until release.
    - SKing
    Issue: I am not a crafter, but from what ive been told. The current issue is the quest giver is giving the player Vol 7 quests first, when it should give Vol 6. The current quest given is telling the player to create items from Vol 6, which is impossible, as nobody has access to these items, being as they are assumingly, behind the quest for completing Vol 7.

Tagging @skingdev#1102 and @nitocris83 for more visability.
    edited July 2021
    @viraaal You might need to delete some of your characters. I didn't count how many you have but there is a 50 character limit. Importing might bypass that threshold but I'm not 100%. Try deleting 10ish, then importing again.

Let me know if that works
    - SKing
  • rurexrurex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User

@viraaal You might need to delete some of your characters. I didn't count how many you have but there is a 50 character limit. Importing might bypass that threshold but I'm not 100%. Try deleting 10ish, then importing again.

Let me know if that works
    - SKing

I have this issue as well. Copying one of my characters (my main) doesn't work. I tried my alts and they copy just fine. To be more specific, I'm getting the usual "the character should be available in 2 hours if not immediately" message, but the character never appears on preview. I have deleted all my characters on preview and it didn't help.
    Hey @skingdev#1102 So I didnt delete characters, but after asking around, it seems like I will have to, as people with less then the max character slots (52 on preview I think), are able to copy more. So this is the solution. That being said, this is a new issue(?) with mod 21, as there has never been a cap before this mod on preview, and for people like myself and others who test things, this is a significant inconvenience to us, and to fix it would be ideal. However if you are going to enforce a cap now on preview of 50, you should state it somewhere, as this is technically a ninja nerf to everyone above this cap. Also people who dont know that they need to delete characters to go under this limit, like myself, will still complain about not being able to copy characters over.

Side note, someone who has 8 character slots (they hadnt bought extra from the zen market, so can go higher), was unable to copy more characters. So it seems like it respects your accounts preview character limit, and not a fixed number of the maximum possible character limit.
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    hello @skingdev#1102 I dont know tbh if this is the right place to talkin about that, but are there any chance to see the new rings from vos hc will be bound account instead of character? like all the other rings we got from Normal vos. and also, are there any chance to see applied this also on reagents? the drop rate is really low and im over 400 runs, and still need 1 reagent on my main character

ty for any reply

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Let me know
    - SKing

I currently only have 2 characters on Preview (Mimic). I attempted to copy a character over last Saturday - 7/10, and again Sunday, 7/11, and now again this morning 7/13. None of the attempted copies have yet appeared on Preview.

I requested these copies through the web portal and through the Arc Client. Made no difference.

I know this WAS working about 10 days ago, as I'd copied over a couple of 'mule pack' characters to see impacts to my held merch on preview. This time I was attempting to transfer end game characters in response to a dev's request to test that experience.
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    viraaal said:

Hey @skingdev#1102 So I didnt delete characters, but after asking around, it seems like I will have to, as people with less then the max character slots (52 on preview I think), are able to copy more. So this is the solution. That being said, this is a new issue(?) with mod 21, as there has never been a cap before this mod on preview, and for people like myself and others who test things, this is a significant inconvenience to us, and to fix it would be ideal. However if you are going to enforce a cap now on preview of 50, you should state it somewhere, as this is technically a ninja nerf to everyone above this cap. Also people who dont know that they need to delete characters to go under this limit, like myself, will still complain about not being able to copy characters over.

Side note, someone who has 8 character slots (they hadnt bought extra from the zen market, so can go higher), was unable to copy more characters. So it seems like it respects your accounts preview character limit, and not a fixed number of the maximum possible character limit.

I had 180 char on preview and I couldn't copy more so I deleted 173 chars and now the game says that I have 7 slots of 52 alredy used. Now, I have 45 free char slots but when I try to copy a char nothing new appears on preview. It's just broken now
    I can cofirm that the copy char is totally broken. I made a fresh account, copied 1 character on preview but, when I logged in there was no character
    edited July 2021
    Ok @skingdev#1102 I somewhat take back my above comment. After reading @kemnimtarkas post, and other people messaged me, it seems like some people are still having issues. User @darkcinnamon sent me a message saying his main character didnt copy, but his lesser geared characters did, even when he had less then the max character slots.

So I did some research, and copied 1 of every character I have from live to preview (without deleting any previous, so still at 55+ characters like my last video), and out of the 7, 3 copied over. A level 5 Rogue, who just done the tutorial. My level 68 Paladin, which was made many years ago. This made me think it was level related, and tried to copy my level 79 Ranger, however this didnt work. Lastly, the third character which was copied over was my level 80 barbarian, also made a few years ago.

There seems to be no connection between any of the characters, and my best guess would be some quest state which some characters have done, and some have not done. But the weirdest thing was copying characters was working on the current patch, then one day during the july 4th weekend, it just stopped working. So I have no idea what is wrong.
  • aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    @skingdev#1102 I try to copy any of my characters and none appear. All of my previous characters were deleted when I tried to sign in the first time (I had about eight and hadn't been on Preview in about a year) and the only option I had was to create a new one. I've tried about six or seven times in the past couple of weeks, all with varying characters, and none ever appear on Preview.
    edited July 2021
    This is now resolved. YAY!

Alrighty,

I have put some time into the copy to preview issue and cannot get it to repro. I've got it into our database and included all of your experiences, someone much smarter than me is looking into it now. I'll update you all if we make any headway.

Please keep posting any other issues specific to this thread. We've already got in a few from you all.

Keep um coming
    - SKing
    Post edited by skingdev#1102 on
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Rhix is giving out some interesting quests. Not sure if bug or unfinished feature.

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    @aesculaepius, @viraaal a fix actually just went in for the copying to Preview issue. Can you try to copy over your characters again for me on this mornings build?

Let me know if you are still running into issues with importing characters from Dragon to Mimic

- SKing

@aesculaepius, @viraaal a fix actually just went in for the copying to Preview issue. Can you try to copy over your characters again for me on this mornings build?

Let me know if you are still running into issues with importing characters from Dragon to Mimic

- SKing

Hey, ive tried copying characters (still over the 50 limit), and my characters transfer is now working, so it is fixed for me. And once again, ive asked @darkcinnamon as he had an issue with this, and it is now working for him also.

So thanks @skingdev#1102 and whoever behind the scenes for getting this resolved.
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    @skingdev#1102 It now works perfectly.

It didn't work for my main character before.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I can't see a line item for Black Ice in my inventory. On live it's listed under main currencies just below the invoke coins. In Preview it is missing.

My main character still has it, and I can mine more of it - I can see it listed at the bottom of the menu when I go to IWD to buy appearance outfits.

But I can't see the total held anywhere else.

Also - there's still an extraneous "60" in the description for the Ranger class artifact at the Reward Claims Agent in PE.
  • rurexrurex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User

- SKing

Fixed it for me. I was able to copy the character that was previously blocked.
    My elemental evil and tyranny of dragons campaigns became un-finished though.
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Im reporting this on behalf of a friend who is having trouble posting on forums.

Elemental evil campaign carry over bug :
    There is a bug when some toons not getting their 100% complete in elemental evil campaign even when on live they have 100% , i checked some stuff and it has something to do with finish this questline BEFORE it got reworked again several mods after mod 6 .
    The toons that i completed 100% after elemental evil rework had progression carry over (gf and tr) at 100% and i don't have the initial quests to the four zones from the druid in pe appearing.
    The toons that i completed 100% before elemental evil rework had not carried over with this 100% and if i go to the druid in pe i can start the initial quests for each zone, like it didn't count for them.
    So basically for some reason toons that have 100% completion can still take the initial quest for each zone so in preview it count like u didn't do this campaign at all and it has something to do with finishing this questline before the rework on this campaign several mods ago.

The pic below shows that i can take the initial quests for the zones even when i have 100% complete (you can see also i can take the elemental weapons quests which can only get when u complete the zone), this is in live server btw , which shows the "problem" happened mods ago but while on live it still had 100% completion, on preview you get 0% complete.

Post edited by sekosek#5740 on