Install Arc
Options

Enchantment System Rework + New Mark system

2»

Comments

• Options
    alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User

greywynd said:

I suggest you look into Black Ice gear and Voninblod gear and the constant need to replenish. It was a HAMSTER system.

I never bought into the gear than required to be fed in Neverwinter. Other games that have durability decrease, as you do combat, I have no issue with them because one quest normally pays twice the repair bills. The problem with SKT gear and whatnot, you are not spending silver or even gold to replenish it, you need to farm a very specific drop from the same campaign from where it was designed. Other normal MMOs have you trot off to the blacksmith after a few battles, pay him a few silvers, and you always make more than enough from the next quest to recover the loss.

Almost all MMOs allow you to sell off old armor for gold to buy new armor. Far too often in Neverwinter, you can only toss it into the recycler for refinement points. The system has been broken far too long to repair at this point. You have to deal with it or move on. This is why most of my characters in Neverwinter wear garbage blue rank armors from the auction or seal armors from the vendors. It is not worth the +0.0001% upgrade for the next set.
    And I think this is my biggest criticism of all regarding Cryptic's devs. they seem to have a great difficulty or just don't care about long term thinking, IWD brought the black ice system well before SKT, there was no need to add the voniblood system as they could be done using the black ice system prorpio again, mainly because they are maps of the same region, it would have been bad, but it still wouldn't be good since black ice is not a universal resource. I am not a hater here, on the contrary, I value the good development of ideas and dream of better days, I know how to understand the things that devs do, but many things together carry several errors and we cannot ignore them.
    My friends and I who have played over the years on this game, have the opinion (aka conspiracy theory) the developers never planned to keep Neverwinter running at full speed this long. Reminder, this is only a theory and we have no actual proof per say.

Cryptic cranked out my favorite in 2009 and I am a huge fan as you can see by my signature. Then in 2010 they released Star Trek with the same engine. Next they planned out Neverwinter D&D online game using this engine plus rolled out the editor for UGC. All good so far.

After the module 6 failure, in 2015, with the population already decreasing, they started to look forward to a fresh new MMO to jump into. It was no secret by 2016, they began making "Jurassic World MMO" and it was canceled. In 2017, we got their leftover dinosaurs in the form of Chult. By now, Cryptic Studios should already have 4 to 5 games and working on the next. Instead they got stuck repairing and promoting Neverwinter far beyond its temporary lifespan. Meanwhile Star Trek Online has been keeping up with the fans of the series and movies. Not much need for creative thinking when CBS and Paramount does it all for you. My friends and I believe that ever since the 2019 makeover of Neverwinter, they want to automate this game as they have Champions. However they need to keep this player base pleased until they can release Magic: Legends. If Magic is the new shiny game, they hope it will be, then they will pull some players from this pool and new players as well. After a year or two they can release another disposable game and set Magic on autopilot. In fact, this might be the reason Magic was downgraded from MMO to ARPG, it will be simpler to move on with an ARPG.

We all know that when our characters share the same income, working together, the more you have the more money you make in the game. The same can be said about game companies. They don't care about long term projects, Neverwinter wasn't suppose to be the 8 year long run it has been. It has been my personal opinion, they made a big mistake ignoring Champions and not getting it on the consoles during all the DC and Marvel superhero movies released over the last 10 years.
    Bringing your contribution to the topic, it really is normal to have this "conspiracy theories" thinking when we analyze everything calmly, and that would be a great justification for the cryptic problem of not thinking in the long run. It is really sad to think that this may not be just a theory but a reality, I am hoping that this is not true. And it is because I don't want to give up on Neverwinter that I have hope for future improvements.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    CO started out as a Marvel MMO as I recall. Cryptic ended up buying the Champions IP and used characters/settings from that. Then they tweaked the characters how they saw fit and tossed out the game system.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Before asking for more implementations, I believe that the game needs to go through an analysis and correction of errors as the stardock potions do not work, just like the SH overload purchased from + damage / - damage in Sharandar. Note that these are simple things that are in the game, they are not fixed or removed, who knows why?!
  • Options
    alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User

Before asking for more implementations, I believe that the game needs to go through an analysis and correction of errors as the stardock potions do not work, just like the SH overload purchased from + damage / - damage in Sharandar. Note that these are simple things that are in the game, they are not fixed or removed, who knows why?!

there are actually a lot of problems that need attention throughout the game, but I see these things as a fix to be applied throughout maintenance, but they don't do it as often as necessary. The suggestion I brought is something to be produced for future releases in new modules. it takes a good schedule to meet new releases and constant corrections of what already exists in the game. and I agree with you, if it doesn’t work and you don’t have to fix it, it’s better to remove it once and for all.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914