test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate sharandar too low

horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
Drop rate too low I want to understand if this is a problem of my account or if you are kidding people for weeks now that I do not get a purple belt in sharandar at this point I drop the game I prefer to play a game that gives me better satisfaction .

Comments

• louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    The purple companion gears did drop at a low rate, for me it was less than 1%. However I did got two 1350 IL items and one 1300 IL. I have a dozen toons working on it since day one everyday, so don't be too discourage.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    this is not the fact and that it is already difficult to wait for the bounties with very slow spawning counting people who kill them and in addition I do not get anything this bores me to death if it continues like this I drop everything and goodbye forever.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    1. No much point to wait for bounty. There is only one bounty per day. I get the bounty only if I happen to come across when I was doing something else in the area.
    2. I don't stand there to wait for the paint to dry.
    3. Doing that 'something else in the area' is already bore.

So, unless you find something else worthwhile to do somewhere else, you should not wait.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • odanobunaga#4974 odanobunaga Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Neverwinter is lacking developers as most of them are working on Magic Legends. Therefore, they could only afford to develop a cheap grindfest and boring HEs nobody's interested in. At least the Vault of Stars is a nice epic dungeon if you can overlook the nasty bugs.
    Besides, the combat changes and many other frustrating elements like RNG have convinced many people to play more modern and better MMOs. Therefore, they don't earn as much money as before, it takes an eternity to convert ADs to Zen thus creating a downwards spiral. I'm not too sure they can manage this whole situation, but we'll see. Maybe even Cryptic will start learning and improve the game.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Improving isn't going to happen. Last year+ we've been told "just wait, the mod Chris Whiteside helped with is going to be so amazing" and look what we got. Removed content, rework very few wanted, CDP that ended up being nothing more than a PR move (which many expected) Chris Whiteside leaving without saying anything to the community.. yeah, its all downhill.

I think that mod 21 will be a "make it or break it" for many. The new stuff will either bring back many of the players who have left and encourage those who stayed to play more (and spend more money), OR it will be the end - kill off a good chunk of the remaining playerbase.

They have to get this one right.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Improving isn't going to happen. Last year+ we've been told "just wait, the mod Chris Whiteside helped with is going to be so amazing" and look what we got. Removed content, rework very few wanted, CDP that ended up being nothing more than a PR move (which many expected) Chris Whiteside leaving without saying anything to the community.. yeah, its all downhill.

I think that mod 21 will be a "make it or break it" for many. The new stuff will either bring back many of the players who have left and encourage those who stayed to play more (and spend more money), OR it will be the end - kill off a good chunk of the remaining playerbase.

They have to get this one right.
    that is the last chance that I give him then I give them up forever and never come back

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Rainer did a recent video on Bounty drop rates for purple companion gear and the rate he found was very low. 2.2% for level 1,300 and 0.2% for level 1,350. Video here:

https://youtu.be/ebAt_D-PMHs
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Rainer did a recent video on Bounty drop rates for purple companion gear and the rate he found was very low. 2.2% for level 1,300 and 0.2% for level 1,350. Video here:

just a HAMSTER
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Rainer did a recent video on Bounty drop rates for purple companion gear and the rate he found was very low. 2.2% for level 1,300 and 0.2% for level 1,350.

Which means that:
    On one character doing 2 bounties per day, I get 60 tries per month, which means 1.44 purple drops on average per month doing 2 bounties *every* day. With two months of farming you should get 3 purples.

But then some of the purple drops have defensive slots, and some have unwanted stats, so maybe at most one third of the drops will be useable. Which means 6 months of farming to get the ones you need.

But it gets worse. With a so low droprate some people will be lucky, some people will be not so lucky. So 50% of the population will not have their drops in 6 months, while 50% probably are the lucky ones and get their drops fast.

6 months farming is bad enough, but at least half the population will have to farm a lot longer. I would say they basically would give up. The standard deviation of the number of bounties required is just too high to be customer friendly.

Low droprates like that should never be used unless the items are tradeable(being tradeable is a safety valve for those that are unlucky). What they should have done was to drop a currency that you could purchase the gear for, for instance 25% drop chance but you need 10 drops to purchase the item. That way the expected number of bounties could have a lower standard deviation and the players also would be able to see their progress towards their goal.

This really is fairly basic probability theory, and the designers in a RNG based game like NW *really* need to understand their probability theory. Whenever they use non-tradeable droprates below 10-20% there should be a red lamp blinking and they should carefully consider what they do.
    I'm not 100% sure this is true, but word around the game used to be that the drop rate for legendary mounts (when they were the most exclusive mount there was with features you could not get anywhere else - faster speed, mount combat powers) was around 1% from lockboxes. At the time this was considered by players to be extremely low but the items were extremely sought-after and extremely valuable. They were probably the most exclusive and expensive item in the game and they were also tradeable/sellable. This raises an issue with these bounties because the apparent drop rate for an item which is bound to you and just companion gear which is a tad better than other items you probably have anyway and nowhere near approaching a top item in the game, has supposedly around the same drop rate or even less than that which I just described. Drop rate needs to reflect the value of the item and those two things are nowhere near the same yet the drop rate more or less is.

Rainer did a recent video on Bounty drop rates for purple companion gear and the rate he found was very low. 2.2% for level 1,300 and 0.2% for level 1,350.

Which means that:
    On one character doing 2 bounties per day, I get 60 tries per month, which means 1.44 purple drops on average per month doing 2 bounties *every* day. With two months of farming you should get 3 purples.

But then some of the purple drops have defensive slots, and some have unwanted stats, so maybe at most one third of the drops will be useable. Which means 6 months of farming to get the ones you need.

But it gets worse. With a so low droprate some people will be lucky, some people will be not so lucky. So 50% of the population will not have their drops in 6 months, while 50% probably are the lucky ones and get their drops fast.

6 months farming is bad enough, but at least half the population will have to farm a lot longer. I would say they basically would give up. The standard deviation of the number of bounties required is just too high to be customer friendly.

Low droprates like that should never be used unless the items are tradeable(being tradeable is a safety valve for those that are unlucky). What they should have done was to drop a currency that you could purchase the gear for, for instance 25% drop chance but you need 10 drops to purchase the item. That way the expected number of bounties could have a lower standard deviation and the players also would be able to see their progress towards their goal.

This really is fairly basic probability theory, and the designers in a RNG based game like NW *really* need to understand their probability theory. Whenever they use non-tradeable droprates below 10-20% there should be a red lamp blinking and they should carefully consider what they do.
    correct and what i'm saying is too low, i'm only pecking green and blue since i'm doing it and i have many characters yet no one has ever caught a purple, in underside i caught three with stot attack after many attempts and blue defensive belts and viola and this is frustrating, i have played many online games but this is the most boring of all.

I'm not 100% sure this is true, but word around the game used to be that the drop rate for legendary mounts (when they were the most exclusive mount there was with features you could not get anywhere else - faster speed, mount combat powers) was around 1% from lockboxes. At the time this was considered by players to be extremely low but the items were extremely sought-after and extremely valuable. They were probably the most exclusive and expensive item in the game and they were also tradeable/sellable. This raises an issue with these bounties because the apparent drop rate for an item which is bound to you and just companion gear which is a tad better than other items you probably have anyway and nowhere near approaching a top item in the game, has supposedly around the same drop rate or even less than that which I just described. Drop rate needs to reflect the value of the item and those two things are nowhere near the same yet the drop rate more or less is.

but you understand 6 months to take only green and blue stuff and if you're lucky a purple and who knows if it's attack or defense.
    i can understand a low drop rate if the item is salable, but sadly it is junk stuck on your account

but you understand 6 months to take only green and blue stuff and if you're lucky a purple and who knows if it's attack or defense.
    Yup, so factoring-in the slots angle it makes it even worse.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've gotten 3 greens from the bounty board. All the same.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

I've gotten 3 greens from the bounty board. All the same.

I caught the same green HAMSTER in all my PCs for three days in a row, now I don't quite understand why this HAMSTER.
    edited May 2021
    I got 3 green and 1 blue so far. They are all different unless "the same" referred to the colour.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    "Same" refers to the same damned piece.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Its why people should get together on forums, twitter or facebook and boycott this garbage. I already did that grind looking for a crit/crit avoid piece for over a year once for my pally. Either they give choice packs as rewards, currencies towards what we want, or at least make it so you can't get the same thing twice until you've gotten one of everything. 6+ months to get what you want, just for 3-6 months later replace it with higher IL version of the same thing.
    greywynd said:

exactly same piece

Its why people should get together on forums, twitter or facebook and boycott this garbage. I already did that grind looking for a crit/crit avoid piece for over a year once for my pally. Either they give choice packs as rewards, currencies towards what we want, or at least make it so you can't get the same thing twice until you've gotten one of everything. 6+ months to get what you want, just for 3-6 months later replace it with higher IL version of the same thing.

the fact that the months pass you have not achieved anything and then a new module comes out with better pieces so to speak better XD
    edited May 2021

greywynd said:

exactly same piece
    I guess I was lucky without duplication although what I got are not something that worth much neither.