What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATE - [PC] Enchant & Runestone Exchange Dates

2»

Comments

• toxicmephisto#4280 toxicmephisto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    lol

One of the main point of this change should have been to make it easier to understand the game for new players.

If even the experienced one do not get it, how would the new ones?

Bah...
  • wildwindfire#7673 wildwindfire Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    They ruined my characters and time and all my enchants, ings, I am sickened by looking at no stats on any of all my leveled up items that took so long to maintain to get my main character where I wanted her and they have ruined and robbed us all. They have lost this player.... Pisses me off!!!
  • tuggard#9935 tuggard Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So we can leave the undermountain exchange in the vendor but not the radiant empowered exchange??? That makes no sense they switch to bound to account so there wouldn’t be any market impact to removing it... in addition leaving it in as bound to account would keep the prices on par with the rest of the enchants so why remove something good for the players
    Gorgo and Tuggard
  • dlayer2dlayer2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Nobody used an exchange vendor to swap from whatever they were using before to nothing but rad15 in every single waking slot ever made....no one forced any1 to buy rad 15..could have played the game just fine without them. I would consider every1 pretty lucky they are even giving the opportunity to swap. And b4 any1 says it...I know these changes were forced on us....but again...still could have played the game just fine...they aren't letting me swap all my black ice I have slotted.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    dlayer2 said:

Nobody used an exchange vendor to swap from whatever they were using before to nothing but rad15 in every single waking slot ever made....no one forced any1 to buy rad 15..could have played the game just fine without them. I would consider every1 pretty lucky they are even giving the opportunity to swap. And b4 any1 says it...I know these changes were forced on us....but again...still could have played the game just fine...they aren't letting me swap all my black ice I have slotted.

I think most of the anger, is in part to the bound part, but also, that the vendor will be gone by the time the MOD hits. So have to turn them in now, and basically guess. With changes being made with patches daily, hard for players to know whats going to happen even tomorrow...so it would be nice/better, if they kept the vendor there at least until the 1st week or 2 of new mod to let people build around new mod.
  • agarorthagarorth Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    No reason to keep a deadline for enchant/runestone exchange as you are still making changes to the live server, give players enough time to figure out what they need.
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Please provide some clarification regarding the Antiquities vendor exchanges for Bonding Runstones, Empowered Runstones, and Radiant Enchantments. I often listen to your podcasts and am certain I heard Noworries say the Bonding exchange was permanent but the Empowered Runstones, and Radiant Enchantments would be limited time. I know you have posted that the Empowered Runstone, and Radiant Enchantment exchange would be going away on 4 Feb. but there is a lot of confusion within the community at large as to when/if the Bonding Runstone exchange would removed.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User

Please provide some clarification regarding the Antiquities vendor exchanges for Bonding Runstones, Empowered Runstones, and Radiant Enchantments. I often listen to your podcasts and am certain I heard Noworries say the Bonding exchange was permanent but the Empowered Runstones, and Radiant Enchantments would be limited time. I know you have posted that the Empowered Runstone, and Radiant Enchantment exchange would be going away on 4 Feb. but there is a lot of confusion within the community at large as to when/if the Bonding Runstone exchange would removed.

In a nutshell, the exchange of the obsolete items will stay 'forever'. Bonding runestone is an obsolete item. Empowered runestone is not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User

The Radiant Enchant and Empowered Runestone exchange will be available on PC until 7am PT Thursday, February 4, 2021.

This is shameful. This should be on the launcher not quietly posted in a forum where only a fraction of the player base will see it. Also, because you announced it before the release of Thursday's patch and there are still significant bugs to be fixed even after it. There is no way for us to make properly informed decisions.

I spent real money on at least 3 Rank 15 choice packs to gear up the 3 toons I play. The majority of those were selected as radiants. I've now wasted money on this game due to changes after the purchase too many times. I won't quit playing, but I will quit paying.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, i bought one R15 Choice Pack, and i'm going to keep those Radiants - may be they're not that great right now, but with the uncertainty of future game changes ahead of us, i think it's better to have something you can sell when the prices have recovered, then to have something bound to account that will only end up being slotted on an alt. character for some extra IL.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • maarte#2715 maarte Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    This is perfect 👌 wonderful Job Cryptic I think a lot of people who have posted in here are out to lunch this is nothing out of the ordinary when we moved from mod 16 to mod 17/18 we had enchantments exchange and it was for bta and for a limited time but the eldritch exchange remained so obviously the bonding exchange will remain as well I don’t know the problem here. Get a grip people be thankful for at least a opportunity to change out your empowered and radiants other games don’t do that you start all over this game is great 😊
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Basing an outcome on a flawed precedent does not make it perfect and if it is so obvious that the bonding exchange will remain why are we all here comparing ignorance instead of them making a clear public statement on their intent.
  • ksenomorf#8623 ksenomorf Member Posts: 1 New User
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/800671169010860062/806414560906706964/unknown.png
    fix this malfunction the ring gives the wrong number of stats
  • ideisaideisa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    i been playing since this game started and i just cant believe what short options we are being giving with items that we have worked so hard on and spend a lot of money for whether buying or ads...i just found out tonight i have until tmrw morning..8 hrs to redo all my toons enchants and runestones. Its absurd! i don't even understand the combat changes enough to make rational decisions and what if i make the wrong decision. You have made them bound to account after exchanging! so wrong! everyone is up in the air because we don't know what we really need cause the new mod isn't even here yet. Also trading in a r15 to something else goes from a 180 rating to a 168..even though they are 15s which i don't get because now don't that rating lower our damage?...and who even knows how long they will be useful before you change things again and then they are bound and worthless...so frustrated..so disappointed n saying pbft n going to bed.
  • cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thank you for the extension. I really hope you'll consider putting the announcement on the launcher as well. I get why it needs an expiration, I'm not trying to argue against it- I just want players to have fair warning.

No body I talked to in game last week knew their opportunity to trade was coming to an end. So many are waiting for the dust to settle before making changes because these are pretty big investments of both time and money to lock into a bound item.

The demoralizing effect loosing the option without warning will have is significant.

The Exchange for PC has been extended by a week - it will now end Thursday, February 11, 2021.

The Radiant Enchant and Empowered Runestone exchange will be available on PC until 7am PT Thursday, February 4, 2021.

Does the extension apply to Consolle too? Which will be the end date there?

(anyhow unclear why some exchanges are still available for things of 3 years ago, and this has to go in 3 weeks though)
  • kraayzii#9012 kraayzii Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Wait. What? Unbound for bound? HAMSTER YOU CRYPTIC.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User

The Exchange for PC has been extended by a week - it will now end Thursday, February 11, 2021.

Does the extension apply to Consolle too? Which will be the end date there?

(anyhow unclear why some exchanges are still available for things of 3 years ago, and this has to go in 3 weeks though)
    Obsolete enchantment/runestone has no deadline. Bonding is obsolete and it will not have deadline. Radiant enchantment is not obsolete.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Is it possible to know when the radiant exchange on console will be stopped? I don't think it's fair to hide this information...
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Is it possible to know when the radiant exchange on console will be stopped? I don't think it's fair to hide this information...

Just assume it is the same length of time as PC had. I believe 3 weeks from when combat changes went live.

But yes, they shouldn't hide the info, or make it tough to find.
  • robert77#4247 robert77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Strange changes. I can’t even tell whether I’m happy or not. They look very sharp