What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.123.20210105a.6

Comments

• Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    CR is also no longer in the Queues or List.
    RIP CR?
  • Options
    rogatinorogatino Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Report:
    - rings (mog, garyx, bel) are bugged - they are back to old stats
    - temple of tiamat rtq is bugged - no second phase (guard clerics)
  • Options
    roadki11uk2#4607 roadki11uk2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    No basic dungeons or skirmishes? Only the master versions?
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    b0rkch0p said:

RIP CR?

They just stated on Twitter they have taken CR out until they can sort it all out.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

> @autumnwitch said:

> They just stated on Twitter they have taken CR out until they can sort it all out.

Wait, so where are we suppose to get our communication from them at????

Not on that forums apparently.

I'm not going to join Twitter just to get updates from the game developers after they screwed it up so much they most people won't even okay

Who knows! The tweet said it was on a stream. I didn't notice there was a stream. But I also didn't really look to find one (but who does)
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    edited January 2021

> @autumnwitch said:

> They just stated on Twitter they have taken CR out until they can sort it all out.

Wait, so where are we suppose to get our communication from them at????

Not on that forums apparently.

I'm not going to join Twitter just to get updates from the game developers after they screwed it up so much they most people won't even play

They may have posted it elsewhere I just am on Twitter a lot and saw it there.

EDIT: I added the link to Twitter above but it seems they have disabled twitter embeds.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    holytokes12holytokes12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is the +xp% on enchants devastating nerf intended?
  • Options
    izuke#9442 izuke Member Posts: 5 Arc User
  • Options
    helgamarie2013helgamarie2013 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

moving in the right direction though it would be nice to actually inflict damage I still cannot do enough damage to kill mobs with all the dodging and rolling, gaining CA it is still not enough and this patch while better is still in the not fun category Let me know when the next patch comes out. None of my characters can survive in this game as a solo player. Very unhappy and still want my money back.

AGREE. I cant deal any damage whatsoever Low level players have been left in the DARK. Do something to fix that!. For hardcore end players this new changes must be ok but NOT FOR THE REST
  • Options
    rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I swear to god I reported this on preview and players made thread about rings being broken and it is pushed to live , just how
  • Options
    huneshunes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just logged in to see how it was leveling up, been trying to actually get to 80 which must require some godlike skills or i am really doing something totatlly wrong.. chugging potions every pull, slowly kiting down enemies, i have gone through like 300 potions (no joke...) today.

The solo instances are terribly scaled and so is the open world (read overtuned), I get it, scaling is the new thing in MMO's, but its need to be done right..

It was bearable with the XP enchants, which are for some reason totatlly useless now, a 2000% nerf across the board? that is a bit overkill I would think, its not like leveling is an enjoyable process (Atleast for me) anyway and you somehow made it extremely tedious and sucked all of the fun out of it..

Guess ill wait till thing really get patched

• Options
    shiana112002#0705 shiana112002 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for the 2nd patch, but Tower District is still way too hard. I created a new char (Cleric, for self-heal). No artifacts, no enchantments, no buffs, no good companion - just the char and the equip the game provides. Blacklake District was okay to play, but in the Blacklake Sewers, the mobs called "Recruiter" needed 20 hits (twenty!) per mob with At-Will power to kill. Even Daunting Light didn't help much, since the diameter of that AoE is very small.

In Tower District, same picture: Drudge, Battletested Orc, Torturer, and in Market Square Sewer again Recruiter, Hexer, Enforcer - they all needed way too many hits to kill. Again, the Recruiter needed 20 hits with At-Will, while he and his 3 colleagues in return hit on me and did a lot more damage than my char. The cooldown of the healing pots prevented effective healing, and sometimes the Enforcer pushed me into a hidden trap which caused more hp loss. The Hexer was even a major problem, since his AoE's came so fast one after the other, that I constantly had to dodge and couldn't attack. I stopped leveling shortly before level 15 because it is no fun. It's just stressful hard work which I really don't need in a game that's meant for recreation.
  • Options
    monk#2943 monk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    My two penny worth. I have only been playing NW a few weeks and I have 3 toons at level 80 and I started a new rogue a couple of days back after the change to the combat system. My level 80 toons which are not great at all with nowhere near good gear and upgrades etc but got everything done quickly and without using healing potions mostly. But that all changed with the new system and I'm downing healing potions almost as soon as they come off cooldown just to stay alive.

The new rogue I'm now at level 56 with has had no problems and only died once in the 56 levels. I don't pretend to understand all the stats and I'm struggling with balancing things but something is working anyhow. One thing does annoy me more than anything and that's mobs healing each other fully and fast where I have to wait for my heals to cool down before I can use them again.

So I'd like to see the mobs healing lowered more or at least shorten the cooldown of my heal potions so I can keep up with them. Remember a game is something we do for fun and have enough headaches with work and other real life issues and we need a game to be fun and a way to chill when not working and not add to the stress we have to deal with in the real world, keep the players happy and the cash will keep flowing in but stress them too much and that flow could become a trickle. Quick edit: Forgot to mention I'm a solo player and that's mostly due to the fact I have to keep stopping to attend to stuff so would be hard to be in a group most of the time.
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    these rushed reworks are very sus :D I expect the company to be sold to china soon :D
  • Options
    izuke#9442 izuke Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    well... they fixed Merchant of price Folley

AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wxjL5XZpVyBqbNAqXWL5ACL7R_HJ6GUb/view

• Options
    tokoz#9550 tokoz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The patch is a big improvement--thank you.

There's still a long ways to go though. One dot mobs are still a little tougher than 3 dot mobs.

THE most common tactic for adding difficulty also doesn't seem to be taken into account. Three minions not hard enough? That's ok, we'll do four on the next tier and five on the tier after that and six... That needs to be taken into account when the math is being done. Dodging doesn't do much good, if you're being mobbed wherever you go. I do need to get better at locking on targets to get things down one at a time, but there's room for improvement on the other end too.

Good work. It's come a long way, but still needs some fine tuning before it's actually playable again.
  • Options
    haludor#3628 haludor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    If I could get a refund on the remainder of my VIP, I'd do it today and never look back. These post rework patches are a joke and show that the devs have no intention of fixing it in any meaningful way
  • Options
    corpsismaximuscorpsismaximus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am trying to be hopeful they can make this right even with it being a bit of a challenge but I am not sure if it is going on ears willing to listen?
  • Options
    davewedavewe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Boring very much the capital B this games gone back to easy mode, utterly HAMSTER again. Only one choice here yep that uninstall button what a load of rubbish a game for kids once again.

Why on earth upgrade the game to be more like a MMORPG, and require groups again, to just push it all back to pretty much it was again what a waste of time.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    davewe said:

Boring very much the capital B this games gone back to easy mode, utterly HAMSTER again. Only one choice here yep that uninstall button what a load of rubbish a game for kids once again.

Why on earth upgrade the game to be more like a MMORPG, and require groups again, to just push it all back to pretty much it was again what a waste of time.

I get why you say that Dave and yes, (previously) ALL 'solo' oriented content was too easy for players who were sufficiently geared - e.g. when I got to Avernus, I was slapped all over the place and had to play tactically - 5k IL later, I was the one doing the slapping with all thought of tactics forgotten.

You're also right in that content that is too hard for a single player encourages/needs group play - and group play is good as it helps to form friendships and friends make gaming more enjoyable.

There are a few issues with that though:

Cryptic's entire approach is centered around 'power-creep', or keep offering shiny goals of more powerful stuff. The shinies have to be sufficiently worth it (powerful) or it doesn't work. Whenever they bring out a new mod they have to make it more difficult or players won't chase the new weapons, gear which means they won't be ranking up artifacts etc which would break their economic model: upgrading stuff means income to Cryptic as people need wards, RP etc from the Zen store. This inevitably leads to players becoming too powerful.

Old areas. There was a time when end-game players mostly ignored the lower areas but due to a couple of factors, Cryptic have put in new content that encourage these players to revisit these areas frequently: Legacy Campaign quests/ weekly bonus AD tasks - and they redo the easy dungeon & skrimish to put L80 players with new people in 5 player teams when previously a L80 would solo this in a quarter of the time. This is because the number of players has dropped and if L80's didn't queue here for group content, the queue would take forever to pop for the lowbies.

In other words, they need geared players to play the easy stuff BUT geared players would prefer not to and when they do they make it all too quick. Their answer to this? Scaling.

If you read all of the feedback - Cryptic might have gotten away with scaling but they did too much and they balanced it badly. Geared players are finding their characters as being LESS effective in the dungeon than levelling players (which apart from being ridiculous, shows a lack of testing by the devs). This leads to players putting negative feedback here and generally rejecting the update.

Lastly; a lot of people don't like playing in groups! Especially for several hours worth of random tasks. Guild Wars 1 got around this issue by allowing players to have a full team of companions (yes, this did kill off group play). So there has to be a compromise, a balance that allows solo and group play. Sadly we have yet to see this balance.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    b0rkch0p said:

RIP CR?

CR is broken since the first boss battle (sisters) is severely bugged.

CR has been broken since its inception and never fully resolved, whatsoever. It is like the whole instance of CR has different platform for mechanics to that of the rest of NWO. Always a fascinating subject.

Also, it being outside of the Q system is probably for the better since the dungeon usually starts by people leaving it.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    idthrennion#8157 idthrennion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    > CR is broken since the first boss battle (sisters) is severely bugged.
    >
    > CR has been broken since its inception and never fully resolved, whatsoever. It is like the whole instance of CR has different platform for mechanics to that of the rest of NWO. Always a fascinating subject.
    >
    > Also, it being outside of the Q system is probably for the better since the dungeon usually starts by people leaving it.
    ------____m_(0.O)_m____------
    Indeed. I still haven't seen that place and wanted to knowing full well how tough and even tougher than tough it is. Toss in frustrating and not worth it and I finally just kept trying to Q for it rather than continuing to waste more random minutes asking golf or alliance only to everyone absolutely no response at all, or everyone who was literally just chatting up a storm about w/e y so busy

6 Out of the 6 times CR loaded, the assembled group fell apart as I was loading. Just about the time that it would take to finish typing... "Wait, don't go plz" maybe, one player might've seen my /say before he, too dissipated from view..

Curiosity killed the cat... Only if that cats' peers world allow it just once. 😁

\{©}°;^¥^;°{©}/
  • Options
    edited February 2021

------____m_(0.O)_m____------

Indeed. I still haven't seen that place and wanted to knowing full well how tough and even tougher than tough it is. Toss in frustrating and not worth it and I finally just kept trying to Q for it rather than continuing to waste more random minutes asking golf or alliance only to everyone absolutely no response at all, or everyone who was literally just chatting up a storm about w/e y so busy

6 Out of the 6 times CR loaded, the assembled group fell apart as I was loading. Just about the time that it would take to finish typing... "Wait, don't go plz" maybe, one player might've seen my /say before he, too dissipated from view..

Curiosity killed the cat... Only if that cats' peers world allow it just once. 😁

\{©}°;^¥^;°{©}/

write in chat /lfg LFM CR - need tank, heal, dps - exp pls
    run on private after they fix - its not that hard :)
  • Options
    idthrennion#8157 idthrennion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I will do that...

Although when CR returns, (hopefully fixed), it will probably be a busy dungeon and easier to Q for (for a little while, at least).
    It shouldnt be too difficult to form a party from guild or alliance members, or by joining a random Q with crossed fingers.

Crossed fingers 'cause you never know how skilled or how worthless your haphazardly meshed party is until the Q spits you all out into your instance. AND...

Because in REDQs and RTDs..having a fun and positive player experience didn't exactly make the list of gaurantees of what to expect in a random Q. 😐... Keep in mind...your party members also have their fingers crossed about you, also.

A lot of players who are still processing and/or recovering from the initial shock of Neverwinters' recent meatball surgery, might be up for CR's return to the Q.
    I just won't be able to compareit to how it was b4 it's overhaul....

~Tam~
  • Options

I will do that...

Although when CR returns, (hopefully fixed), it will probably be a busy dungeon and easier to Q for (for a little while, at least).

It shouldnt be too difficult to form a party from guild or alliance members, or by joining a random Q with crossed fingers.

Crossed fingers 'cause you never know how skilled or how worthless your haphazardly meshed party is until the Q spits you all out into your instance. AND...

Because in REDQs and RTDs..having a fun and positive player experience didn't exactly make the list of gaurantees of what to expect in a random Q. 😐... Keep in mind...your party members also have their fingers crossed about you, also.

A lot of players who are still processing and/or recovering from the initial shock of Neverwinters' recent meatball surgery, might be up for CR's return to the Q.

I just won't be able to compareit to how it was b4 it's overhaul....

~Tam~

very nice - its one of the best dungeions out there :)
    as a new player, I recommend you go watch a video (maybe you already done it) to know the mechanics and your 1st run should be with exp group :) this is a kind of dungeon that can carry one new player, but not 2 :D

hf&gl :)