test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Adjustments - Companions

1235»

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    There is plenty of good here... it's just getting overshadowed by the bad... Lower character potency, over-powered mobs, and costly companion upgrading.

A lot of this could be mitigated by changing the %bolster table:

Now
    Mythic - 10%
    Legendary - 5%
    Purple - 2.5%

If we changed to:
    Mythic - 10%
    Legendary - 8%
    Purple - 6%
    Blue - 4%
    Green - 2%
    White -1%

The result would be that mid level players would have a mid-range bolster level instead of a low one. Using such an alternative scale would set a player with 10 Legendary companions at 80% instead of 50%. This would be much more alt-friendly as well. A player with 10 Purple companions would be at 60% instead of 25%. Personally, i think this would reset the balance to solve a lot of the problems players are complaining about.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

I know the market is crazy now, but are there plans to make available even if it is via Lockbox or Astral Lockbox some companions who are missing in the market? In this link below is a version of a endgame build, and some of these teammates like Feral Raptor are mostly virtually impossible to acquire.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258839/gwf-build-dps-for-new-combat-changes-preview
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    bug:
    Renegade Evoker's ACB "Evoker's Wisdom" has a serious omission in the tooltip.
    Missing: "weapon" from "weapon damage" /edit: or it might need to change "%" to "magnitude"
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    A lot of the Healing Companions are healing around 8-9x lesser than other healers, and there is a massive imbalance in the healing stats. Please check this out @noworries#8859.
    Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HgBUqPhds
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Whether or not it raises prices (btw this is not my vid), it tells us that the healers have a great disparity, and this needs to be addressed. There are more than just striker companions in the game.
  • igrok#0962 igrok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > Quickling and Flame Sprite are still over performing the 7% of player damage. Quickling is over performing quite a bit, flame sprite just a bit. Quickling damage should be reduced somewhat. I will test other strikers. Is the desired still about 7% of player damage so that they are equivalent to augments?|
    >
    > Updated with numbers:
    > Flame Sprite about ~20% of damage in a 3 minute parse
    > Quickling about ~22% damage in a 3 minute parse
    >
    > They both need a solid 40% damage nerf.

And same with cold iron warrior
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Companion skills cast time and cooldowns needs to be looked at.

There should not be a situation, when casting time for a skill takes 3 seconds. In that time most mobs are dead (speaking of Zariel/Soradiel Swordfall skill, etc.) and most of the time if they are dead, companion tries to pick another target and then wait 3 seconds again... and again, unless it's a boss we face. Cutting that time down to half would help a lot.

Also, cooldowns. I checked Abyssal Chicken the other day and cooldown for it's Swarm ability is 35 seconds. I get it, Chicken had a reputation for this particular skill, but 35 seconds is too much. There are other companions that has cooldowns counted in 20-30 seconds too. In my opinion, something like this should not happen. 20 seconds should be highest possible cooldown for their skills, because most of the longest player skills do not go past 21 seconds (without cooldown reduction, and everyone has some cooldown reduction).

If this is possible, can we see what magnitudes those companion skills have in their tooltips? (if those actually use magnitudes as a way to tell damage/heals)
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Quit nerfing companion damage.
    As a Tank 7% of my damage is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    So what if they do OMG 10%.
    People need the help, especially the mid and low level characters.
    You think your companion is doing to much, don’t use it.
    Not everyone has the resources to use any comp they want.
    The little guys NEED the help to get their gear and resources, stop hamstringing them.
    The systems changed and now companions are needed to survive when your not BIS.
    You are killing your game.
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I agree completely, every damn companion doesn’t have to do exactly the same damage. Things are at a reasonable point now, let people have their variety!
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @igrok#0962 said:
    > > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > > Quickling and Flame Sprite are still over performing the 7% of player damage. Quickling is over performing quite a bit, flame sprite just a bit. Quickling damage should be reduced somewhat. I will test other strikers. Is the desired still about 7% of player damage so that they are equivalent to augments?|
    > >
    > > Updated with numbers:
    > > Flame Sprite about ~20% of damage in a 3 minute parse
    > > Quickling about ~22% damage in a 3 minute parse
    > >
    > > They both need a solid 40% damage nerf.
    >
    > And same with cold iron warrior

Your personal damage must suck then as quickling is only doing roughly 10% for me.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    As some players know, we have companions with unique abilities. Some deal damage, cause all types of DoT, some heal or grant some CC. And there are those with buff/debuff abilities.

Spined Devil - (Impaling Fork ability) Adds Vulnerability to single target for about 10 seconds. It causes target to take about 7% more damage. Can be used most of the time.

Succubus/Inkubus - (Deadly Kiss ability) Adds Vulnerability to multiple targets for about 6 seconds. It causes target to take about 7% more damage. Can be used about every 30 seconds or so.

Zariel/Soradiel - (Swordfall + Shatterfall abilities) Has a CHANCE to add Vulnerability to the targets for about 5 seconds. It causes target to take 1% more damage. Used about every 7-10 seconds or so, if debuff actually applies.

Why are those Vulnerability debuffs so chaotic? Why Spined Devil can have it up for most time and Zariel/Soradiel only got a chance for it? Why there are diffrences in values or durations? And in Zariel/Soradiel case, why it require 2 abilities (Swordfall as main and Shatterfall a buff to it) to gain even smaller effect? In my opinion, those should be looked at too. Make it universal for every companion. Something like:

Vulnerability - increases damage taken by 3-5% for 7 seconds. Can stack from many sources but, not the same ones, for example 2 Spined Devils can't stack it twice, but Spined Devil and Succubus can.

Other question: there were companions with debuffs before. Chultan Tiger, Alphonse Knox, Dancing Shield, Sellsword, Con Artist. Are they left behind or will they have their debuff returned to them? With some smaller values perhaps?

Also, didn't Chultan Tiger used to have extra currency gain from Omu with his passive ability? Why not anymore?
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

> @igrok#0962 said:

> > @jman3l#5579 said:

> > Quickling and Flame Sprite are still over performing the 7% of player damage. Quickling is over performing quite a bit, flame sprite just a bit. Quickling damage should be reduced somewhat. I will test other strikers. Is the desired still about 7% of player damage so that they are equivalent to augments?|

> >

> > Updated with numbers:

> > Flame Sprite about ~20% of damage in a 3 minute parse

> > Quickling about ~22% damage in a 3 minute parse

> >

> > They both need a solid 40% damage nerf.

>

> And same with cold iron warrior

Your personal damage must suck then as quickling is only doing roughly 10% for me.

that was probably before flame sprite got turned down
  • rikti#3292 rikti Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The Vallenhas Elite Soldier that is a random drop from the Bel box is not adding combined rating. It adds the Awareness and the Outgoing Healing but no combined rating at all.

Edit: The companion bonus name is Vallenhas' Discipline