test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lair of the mad mage crash

lissblissb Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
this happens basically every time I attempt lair of the mad mage, whether I'm in a queue group or a random party: when we're near the end of trobiand's life, at the point when we're attacking the power towers, the game crashes. if not for everyone, for most of the party. and then we all die and have to start over. for me, it crashes in such a way that I don't even get an error code (maybe because I use Steam), but last time my friend managed to take a picture, which is attached to this post, but the code is "24e737". what's crazy upsetting is, it crashes *everyone's* games, as if the instance has crashed, not just our launchers individually.

perhaps this has been brought up before, but it has gotten so bad tonight that we have given up the dungeon altogether, so I figured mayyyyyybe we should look for help.

thx in advance.

Comments

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Answer: Abyssal Chicken
    2fv72Fw.png
  • lissblissb Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @exgardian said:
    > Answer: Abyssal Chicken

really? how come?
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    More than 1 chicken in a group can crash the game in lomm and also at the last boss of TiC. Have to ask Cryptic the why, this is just what we are seeing.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Crashes in LoMM and the presence of chickens has previously been reported for investigation. I will check with the rest of the team for any updates.
    thank you very much :)
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    The chickens cause crashes?
    They really are little chaotic demons!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Abyssal Chickens have a hidden skills. They can bug or crash everything. The more chickens the better.
    @nitocris83 just as an update to this, a friend told me he did a LoMM today where someone in the party did have an Abyssal Chicken and it didn't crash. however, the difference this time is that his group was in a private queue, instead of going public. maybe that's some information you guys can use as well :) tysm for looking into it!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    lissb said:

@nitocris83 just as an update to this, a friend told me he did a LoMM today where someone in the party did have an Abyssal Chicken and it didn't crash. however, the difference this time is that his group was in a private queue, instead of going public. maybe that's some information you guys can use as well :) tysm for looking into it!

Usually, you need two or more chicken to crash. One is ok. It can crash in many place. It crashed the stronghold before.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    lissb said:

Thank you for the update! We have been unable to repro the issue internally so this is very helpful information to have.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I have had crashes in LoMM in public queue. It seems to happen when more than one Abyssal chicken is active, and always on the towers. Also it does not necessarily crash everyone in the group, usually only 2-3 people are affected, so it is not a server side zone crash. I have both crashed on these occasions and stayed online while others have crashed, so it does not seem to be tied directly to your local system type.

Timing issues in the client?

Everyone loves a good mystery :)
  • duda2004#5822 duda2004 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I go to make dinner and my kid delete me character can i please get that character back i was have some expensive staffs on him.My account is on PS4 name of account and character is Facing Fear@DuksiPuksi.
    Post edited by duda2004#5822 on
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @melechest said:
    > Abyssal Chickens have a hidden skills. They can bug or crash everything. The more chickens the better.

that's not a chickens skill that's just cryptic being cryptic lol
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

I go to make dinner and my kid delete me character can i please get that character back i was have some expensive staffs on him.My account is on PS4 name of account and character is Facing Fear@DuksiPuksi.

Talk to customer service and pray.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Crashed on the stairs after the first boss (after you jump up and go through portal/door) Returned after crash and all was good.
    The game completely crashed i was on a tank and had my shield up during crash
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• louveteau4louveteau4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    If i may guess i would say that the crash happens because when multiple chickens are there they try to use the spell they have on the same target that is actualy not suppose to be targetable and thus the game doesnt understand what is going and shut down for safety purposes that my guess. Or maybe it's just tryin to tell you stop using chickens
    My account is DuksiPuksi> @plasticbat said:
    > Talk to customer service and pray.

Where i can found that to i ask them
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Where i can found that to i ask them

Top of this page; very big letters that read "SUPPORT".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    > @greywynd said:
    > Top of this page; very big letters that read "SUPPORT".

Yea but i dont know where and what to do next i go game support and than idk which of that.