Options

Seductive Shirt Wings not Moving on All Classed

sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
edited June 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
Seductive Shirt Wings are not at all moving except Clerics

Comments

• Options
    ch0ppingd3athch0ppingd3ath Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yes why are the Seductive Shirt with the wings not moving. I have seen it moving on clerics but no other classes is this going to be fixed? Or does everyone else have broken wings while the clerics get ones that work?
  • Options
    jadebleurose#3318 jadebleurose Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yeh, I really hope this is just a bug or glitch. The wing animation should work for ALL classes, not just the Cleric.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Issue is being investigated.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    As a cleric....

It would be great if the wings were non-flappy during combat...

But otherwise... I love them!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    randomplayarandomplaya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, i have other problem with seductive shirt. I bought it from store and i don't see item in inventory (the collection updated) and previev gear thinks i have the item in bag. I had free space slots during purchase.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,238 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Hi, i have other problem with seductive shirt. I bought it from store and i don't see item in inventory (the collection updated) and previev gear thinks i have the item in bag. I had free space slots during purchase.

Did you check your fashion tab? The tab with the pink hand.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    randomplayarandomplaya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    lol, its there oO thanks
  • Options
    tttt2008tttt2008 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    To be honest, I actually like them more without an animation. I'm sure there're many other people who feel this way, the constant animation can get annoying pretty fast. Since the item is "already made", it'd be nice to have the non-flappy version stay in some way.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    tttt2008 said:

To be honest, I actually like them more without an animation. I'm sure there're many other people who feel this way, the constant animation can get annoying pretty fast. Since the item is "already made", it'd be nice to have the non-flappy version stay in some way.

I think I agree with it. It is kind of annoying seeing the constantly flipping for the characters beside me. If all the wings of the characters (it seems every Jane and Joe are having it) are flipping, it can be awful and may be graphic demanding.

I start to think the bug was to allow cleric to have the wing flips instead of the other way around. It does not make sense to turn on only for one class but missed all other classes by mistake. It can make more sense if they did not mean to turn it on but somehow it was turned on for cleric as an unexpected side effect.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

tttt2008 said:

I think I agree with it. It is kind of annoying seeing the constantly flipping for the characters beside me. If all the wings of the characters (it seems every Jane and Joe are having it) are flipping, it can be awful and may be graphic demanding.
    I had mine equipped on the cleric for a little while. it gave me motion sickness. I had to take it off. I'd love these if they were unanimated. running a dungeon with a bunch of other people in flappy wings might make me take a break from the game though. my eyes literally can't take it. I'd love it if these were unanimated. or at least not flappy in combat
  • Options
    palosanto#5610 palosanto Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    No, no, no, the normal non animated wings looks lame ,they don t have this reality and they look more as a Halloween
    cheap Chinesse plastic wings attached to your back, compared to the cleric animated ones.I play cleric and also warlock, and why would i need those nice flappy devil wings on a cleric ,and not on the warlock which was meant to have it animated.Please fix this issue for all classes or at least for the warlock class which suits them best. I honestly play this game for the graphics,layouts, fashion and design rather than the new instances and campaigns.

Thank you
  • Options
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > I had mine equipped on the cleric for a little while. it gave me motion sickness. I had to take it off. I'd love these if they were unanimated. running a dungeon with a bunch of other people in flappy wings might make me take a break from the game though. my eyes literally can't take it. I'd love it if these were unanimated. or at least not flappy in combat

You can always wear something else in dungeons.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Adding into this bug report. I have submitted a ticket. Initially this was thought a race problem like human vs elf, but it is fact a class issue. (The character I have wearing this shirt is a rogue.) A simple toggle command like /wingflap 1 /wingflap 0 would be preferable to class restriction in reference to this top.

I've been asking for wings (and tails) for YEARS as part of body, but realize the limitations on fashion items vs body modification. My half silver dragon no longer has to "hide wings with a Glamor Spell" when wearing this shirt, but I'd like it to flap please. Some of use aren't in it "for the cool factor". It's part of Roleplay in a race. If I am limited to one top for THAT particular aspect of RP then oh well. Just let me flap please!
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options

> @thefiresidecat said:

> (Quote)

> I had mine equipped on the cleric for a little while. it gave me motion sickness. I had to take it off. I'd love these if they were unanimated. running a dungeon with a bunch of other people in flappy wings might make me take a break from the game though. my eyes literally can't take it. I'd love it if these were unanimated. or at least not flappy in combat

You can always wear something else in dungeons.

I can't control what other people are wearing in dungeons. I would not be able to play if everyone were wearing these. they are distracting and cause eye strain. I literally would have to quit. these need to be not animated in dungeons.
  • Options

tttt2008 said:

I had mine equipped on the cleric for a little while. it gave me motion sickness. I had to take it off. I'd love these if they were unanimated. running a dungeon with a bunch of other people in flappy wings might make me take a break from the game though. my eyes literally can't take it. I'd love it if these were unanimated. or at least not flappy in combat
    I have a couple of Clerics, in addition to several other classes. The wings automatically tuck, and stay still when the Cleric starts to run, or when riding a mount. You can always opt to NOT wear the wings in the dungeons. Besides, they've already done static wings on the Fairy fashion, and while it is cute, it still looks more like just a costume. The animated wings take the Seductive Shirt fashion beyond costume and into more of a cool transformation. Furthermore, they are just too big and rigid in a permanent static position, which comes across looking much like a cheap costume like that. I would much prefer they stay animated. That's why I spent the time and money to get the shirt for half of my characters in the first place. Hope to get more if they fix in time. :)

• Options
    Please put a toggle on these or make them just not work in dungeons (preferable) these are huge and get in line of sight. they make my eyes cross. I can't imagine a full party of people wearing these. imagine trying to do tomm with everyone in the party wearing these wings.... PLEASE NO..
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    :/ > @thefiresidecat said:
    > Please put a toggle on these or make them just not work in dungeons (preferable) these are huge and get in line of sight. they make my eyes cross. I can't imagine a full party of people wearing these. imagine trying to do tomm with everyone in the party wearing these wings.... PLEASE NO..

You are exagerating, it s not like they all going to wear the wings and even so, I assume you do ToMM with guildies or friends in general and you can ask them nicely to remove the fashion piece as it dusturbes your eyes.
  • Options

As a cleric....

It would be great if the wings were non-flappy during combat...

But otherwise... I love them!

Changed my mind, I got used to the flappiness in combat, and it's kinda cool...

However, in saying that... if I'm running content in a pug group, and the flappiness is annoying someone, just ask me to remove them, and I'll switch them out... I'm not completely selfish!

But I do like the toggle idea!

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    To flap or not to flap? That is the question. As a player who chose not to get them in the first place. I have no opinion about flapping or non-flapping. However I think you are going to find out clerics are stuck flapping and the rest are stuck not.

My theory stems from the wings look a lot like Champions. I am almost betting the developers were derelict in creating the new code from the old code. There is probably a line buried deep in the core that reads something along the lines of:

if (player = healer) and (wings = true) {
    /* Note: I am sure no one but a healer would ever have freaking wings in this game.
    */
    flapping = true;
    }
    return 0;

Well that is my theory unless someone better one.

I like unique costumes and everything, but these will only last so long before the next event costume happens. I wouldn't worry about tons of players still wearing them months from today. Some might pull them out for Halloween, other than that, it is the new broken toy. If they attempt fix them, they will only get more broken, as in everyone will flap or no one will flap. No one flapping will probably have less hate mail. In the future, you will see this costume less than the witches broom mount. Those come out every year.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Clerics have Feats called Angel of Life and Angel of Death which while active, give them wings that flap. Best guess is that the the fashion item is unintentionally interacting with the coding of the feats.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Some updates for y'all! Clerics had old animation stances that allowed for the fashion wings to flap. Now, these animation stances were part of a bug that we are fixing but we also realized that many players enjoyed the flapping wings. The plan is to fix the bug on the Clerics but also have an alternate set of wings available in the near future that will have the animation. This will give players the option to put on the flapping or non-flapping wings.

We don't have the plan on how the new wings will be acquired finalized but we are discussing putting the new set on the wondrous bazaar for a low amount of like 2500 AD. They would be available for a limited time since the initial wings purchased in the anniversary store were also limited time.

• Options

Now, these animation stances were part of a bug that we are fixing but we also realized that many players enjoyed the flapping wings. The plan is to fix the bug on the Clerics but also have an alternate set of wings available in the near future that will have the animation. This will give players the option to put on the flapping or non-flapping wings.

I guessed right. Allowing cleric to flip wing is a bug.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

We don't have the plan on how the new wings will be acquired finalized but we are discussing putting the new set on the wondrous bazaar for a low amount of like 2500 AD. They would be available for a limited time since the initial wings purchased in the anniversary store were also limited time.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options

Hey folks! Some updates for y'all! Clerics had old animation stances that allowed for the fashion wings to flap. Now, these animation stances were part of a bug that we are fixing but we also realized that many players enjoyed the flapping wings. The plan is to fix the bug on the Clerics but also have an alternate set of wings available in the near future that will have the animation. This will give players the option to put on the flapping or non-flapping wings.

Oh.

I bought these because I knew they'd be flappy wings, and I liked how they looked. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, and would have save my figurines for something else.

I hope that the new flappy version comes out soon after the "fix".
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
  • Options
    urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    was kind of hopping they would of fixed the broken animation for the wings not moving but for me i would like to see them move on every class cause just like how they flap when fighting stuff but not when your sitting
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

@nitocris83 could you comment to the team if it could be feasible creating the flapping/non flapping wings as an equipment transmute for the necklace slot? I wouldn't mind at all if it would be a Zen only item or even a money promotion.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Options
    urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    nisckis said:

@nitocris83 could you comment to the team if it could be feasible creating the flapping/non flapping wings as an equipment transmute for the necklace slot? I wouldn't mind at all if it would be a Zen only item or even a money promotion.

Thanks a lot in advance.

why would I want to spend anymore money when they could of given everyone the flap animation cause after seeing what they did after patch I refuse to wear this dead item
  • Options
    urtew3 said:

nisckis said:

Thanks a lot in advance.

why would I want to spend anymore money when they could of given everyone the flap animation cause after seeing what they did after patch I refuse to wear this dead item
    He was talking about equipment. What you got is a fashion. Totally different thing.
  • Options

So, you're saying that AFTER a great number of players have spent time AND money to get the Seductive Shirt ( and I purchased several BECAUSE I liked the flapping animation feature), will now have no choice but to PURCHASE another similar item, because you've now killed the animation for the original item, including the feature on the Cleric class??

NOT. COOL. AT. ALL.

If you're going to permanently kill the flap animation on this Seductive Shirt, item, please offer a credit to those of us who've already bought and/or earned it during this last Jubilee Event toward getting the upcoming new item for free, for each character that we've ALREADY earned or purchased the Seductive Shirt for. That would, at least, be fair. Otherwise, this whole thing just feels more like a dirty little bait-and-switch trick on your part.

• Options

So, you're saying that AFTER a great number of players have spent time AND money to get the Seductive Shirt ( and I purchased several BECAUSE I liked the flapping animation feature), will now have no choice but to PURCHASE another similar item, because you've now killed the animation for the original item, including the feature on the Cleric class??

NOT. COOL. AT. ALL.

If you're going to permanently kill the flap animation on this Seductive Shirt, item, please offer a credit to those of us who've already bought and/or earned it during this last Jubilee Event toward getting the upcoming new item for free, for each character that we've ALREADY earned or purchased the Seductive Shirt for. That would, at least, be fair. Otherwise, this whole thing just feels more like a dirty little bait-and-switch trick on your part.

they actually DO flap on all of the classes now. it just is far more restrained and will not affect game play like they were. I'm very relieved myself. I'll be using them actually now. I think it's TOTALLY AND AWESOMELY COOL.