test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rage of Bel Meter Is Taking Way Too Long To Fill Now

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited June 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
So the Bel meter used to fill many times in a day and it wasn't an issue running multiple characters through bel for the first few weeks. But now the bel meter is only filling 2 or 3 times a day. Despite me having a lot of free time, I am having trouble getting 2 characters through bel each day, it takes hours upon hours for the meter to fill and I end up waiting like half a day just to get my other character a chance to run bel.

This problem is getting worse as time goes on and rage of bel hasn't even been out for very long, @nitocris83, can you please talk to the devs about reducing the amount of insurgencies people in avernus need to complete in order for the bel meter to fill? The wait time for this encounter is excessively long at this point.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2020

My Opinion for a fix

The % gained in the Insurgency encounters should be scaled with how many players are in combat in the encounter. For example if you had 10 people killing the mobs it would gain 1% for every mob you killed and if you only had 1 person in the encounter it would gain 10% for every mob killed. Also you would need to take into consideration on how many instances are open and have people active in the encounters, that would also scale with that.

Let's say you had 10 active insurgency instances (with ppl killing mobs in them), That's when you would have your standard scaling as I stated above. If you have more instances open, the encounter would gain less % for each mob killed. and more with less instances. So in theory, it would get to 100% for one mob killed if there was only one Instance open with only one person fighting the mobs. You might want to look at adjusting the rewards with this method.

With this method you can probably keep the rate at which the Bel metre fills as it is, but if needed you can still just scale it up or down based off the amount of Insurgency encounters completed. This way it is irrelevant on how many instances are open and how many people are actively fighting the mobs! The Bel metre will still fill at the same rate, (although based on how quickly character can kill the mobs)
  • Options
    baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User

So the Bel meter used to fill many times in a day and it wasn't an issue running multiple characters through bel for the first few weeks. But now the bel meter is only filling 2 or 3 times a day. Despite me having a lot of free time, I am having trouble getting 2 characters through bel each day, it takes hours upon hours for the meter to fill and I end up waiting like half a day just to get my other character a chance to run bel.

This problem is getting worse as time goes on and rage of bel hasn't even been out for very long, @nitocris83, can you please talk to the devs about reducing the amount of insurgencies people in avernus need to complete in order for the bel meter to fill? The wait time for this encounter is excessively long at this point.

Yes, please.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It's a terrible design flaw that needs to be put on a straight up timer. More people play, things go quicker. Less people play, Bel might only pop once a day. When the general population stops playing this content there is NO hope for future players to get this done. When more and more stop doing insurgencies, the longer and longer this will take to complete.

I know things can be adjusted later, but if that's the answer that comes down the pipe you've made content that needs constant adjustment by the dev team for as long as this game runs.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Insurgencies(60 Mins), Bel(60 Mins), Cooldown(60 Mins), Repeat

Those timers don't feel appropriate? Adjust them once, put em in the game, we can complete the content or plan our completion at least.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    There are several other thread on this subject already

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256351/the-current-issues-with-the-rage-of-bel
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256433/bigger-insurgency-bel-problem-coming-soon

....and there has been a response:

Passing on this feedback to the rest of the team - the folks focused on Rage of Bel have been going over all the feedback since it launched and we've been working on making adjustments as needed. As out first episodic content, we are learning a lot as we go so we appreciate player patience while we continue to work on making this a positive experience.

I am not going to comment on the "Positive experience" part.....

Personally I would have started the insurgency timer at a maximum value, say 2 hours, and each completed insurgency would then shorten it by some amount.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    .........aaaaand,,,,,,it just got fixed.

sometimes, whining and complaining on the forum works ;)
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I just dont get why they dont split the demand.

Simple:

So when insurgencies launch the first time the portal closure happens will trigger Bel.
    Then players can decide if they want to kill bel or continue insurgencies.
    Currently there is such a grind of a wait for insurgencies to end that players don't bother to help anyways. Even more so if they don't need the mini boss rod drop and have their decanter completed. Why would anyone want to help kill trash? Sure it makes the % go up faster but it doesn't make bel spawn any faster so zero incentive to help out.

Its a terrible design, terrible grindfest, and boring. Players generally hate heroics yet this is nothing more than a slogfest heroic.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I noticed too that the day after I made this thread, rage of bel meter started filling up fast, but I couldn't find any patch notes for it.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    krumple01 said:

Its a terrible design, terrible grindfest, and boring.

I agree that the whole Rage of Bel is pretty much a fiasco - mediocre design, way, way too many bugs and totally insufficient testing... However, after yesterdays fix it is now finally where it should have been originally.

With Bel becoming available much more frequently, players no longer have to worry that they cannot get to him at all, and thus not get their daily quota (54) to buy the boxes

I will be happy when I get that final rod and never have to see Bel again, though.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Insurgencies(60 Mins), Bel(60 Mins), Cooldown(60 Mins), Repeat

Those timers don't feel appropriate? Adjust them once, put em in the game, we can complete the content or plan our completion at least.

I'd complete the circle within an hour, if I was asked. So 20 minutes insurgencies, 20 minutes Bel, 20 minutes cooldown. One circle per hour would be streamlined (something that Cryptics devs seems to like) with the WoD circle.
  • Options

I noticed too that the day after I made this thread, rage of bel meter started filling up fast, but I couldn't find any patch notes for it.

I believe this was just a "server-side" change....no client patching.

• Options
    oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Yup, I just started Descent - Last Weekend - After the reset - (BTW - I was Rank 2 but Sunday - and was Rank 3 Monday, Rift Sealer 70 Rifts and counting lol) It's been Bel all day long - hardly got any Ins++ runs - Must be the Avernus Fever - 6 Days and what not - lol - Bel is really a tricky customer - couldn't handle him 2/5 times lol - hoping the winds change soon to 4/5!
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It could also be related to the fact that last rod is tucked behind rng in the ornate box. To be honest myself and most players I know stopped hunting it down.

Personally after opening 150 ornate boxes costing ad every time with no drop. It's just not worth the time, effort and ad for garbage rings I won't ever use.

What's the incentive to spend hours on end farming out insurgencies, then bel, then spam ad for boxes with such a bad rng rate. I won't be spending weeks and ad to hope I get lucky. What's a realistic expectation to get the last rod, 500k, 1m+ ad? Maybey of it didn't cost ad, but to grind and gamble for a chance is just not worth it.

I still need a specific piece of comp gear for one of my alts but gave up on that after half a year and 3 runic bags of garbage epic companion gear grinding for it. This is just worse since it costs ad.

Maybey they plan to add it to the zen market after enough people just give up.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

It could also be related to the fact that last rod is tucked behind rng in the ornate box. To be honest myself and most players I know stopped hunting it down.

Personally after opening 150 ornate boxes costing ad every time with no drop. It's just not worth the time, effort and ad for garbage rings I won't ever use.

What's the incentive to spend hours on end farming out insurgencies, then bel, then spam ad for boxes with such a bad rng rate. I won't be spending weeks and ad to hope I get lucky. What's a realistic expectation to get the last rod, 500k, 1m+ ad? Maybey of it didn't cost ad, but to grind and gamble for a chance is just not worth it.

I still need a specific piece of comp gear for one of my alts but gave up on that after half a year and 3 runic bags of garbage epic companion gear grinding for it. This is just worse since it costs ad.

Maybey they plan to add it to the zen market after enough people just give up.

Did you earn AD from doing Bel to cover the cost?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mongol69 said:

The drop rate for that rod is estimated to be around 1.5%, meaning that on the average people will need to open around 60 boxes, but you could easily open 200+ boxes and not get it. I consider this a bit on the low side. Here is how I would have approached it.
    1. This is "episodic" content, so the majority of players should be able to finish it before the end of June when the next mod is released.
    2. Now, that's 45 days, but it takes a few days to get to where you can buy the ornate boxes, so, let's say the 30 days of drops, which means something like 100 boxes. Depending on what percentage of players you would like to have a chance of completing the content before the release of Mod 19, a 2% chance would have been more reasonable.
    Consider also all the issues that slowed people down, or the excessive Insurgency length which meant no Bel fights for many players (fixed now), an increase in the Dented rod drop rate to 2.5% would have been sensible..
    mongol69 said:

Personally after opening 150 ornate boxes costing ad every time with no drop. It's just not worth the time, effort and ad for garbage rings I won't ever use..

Uhm....sure, they cost AD, but you get back much more rAD than you spend.....which may be an issue for some people, but not everyone is at rAD refining limit every single day.

• Options
    louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I had open around 100 boxes to get to the final rod and I thought I was the unlucky one, I didn't know there are players that doing worst than me. LOL