test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rewards for the Hoard broken

corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 25 Arc User
This quest in Well of Dragons has a couple of major problems:
  1. You can no longer donate Dragon Hoard Coins
  2. Once you've donated 15 Dragon Hoard Coffers for Reclaiming the Hoard quest, you can't donate any more.
  3. Even those first 15 do not increase your tally. (e.g. one of my alts was at 0/1500 for Rewards, handed in his 15 coffers ... and tally remained at 0/1500).
For chars who are still progressing and would get slaughtered in Tiamat, this is a major problem as there's no other way to earn Linu's Favors.

Today's the first time I've observed this behaviour and it's happened on every alt (4 so far) I've taken through WoD today. For pity's sake, please FIX!

Comments

• kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I wish I would've seen this before I posted by bug early this morning. It worked earlier this week before the patch although I didn't see any patch notes, so....
  • pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Thought I broke WOD because of this, in my unique ways of experiencing game-breaking glitches throughout the years. :P

Honestly needs to be fixed sooner than later, it's quite ridiculous. This patch broke a lot of things this time around from what I'm gathering from the bug thread, and from in-game chat, too.
  • densi21#3029 densi21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same issue - can no longer turn in Dragon Coffers.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting. I'll pass it on for investigation.
  • attorraru#4088 attorraru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still broken, hopefully will be fixed in the next patch, as it would take an age to gain a linu's favour if you have to wait several weeks to complete the quest...
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    To further illustrate the problem ...

This is the interface panel you see if you have turned in Elminster's weekly quest and click on the donation cart
    https://imgur.com/8Fz4cBb

Normally, that would be a list of items you can donate toward the 1500 points needed to complete the quest and receive a Linu's Favor.

The Journal Entry still shows the valid quest and the need for additional donations to complete it as shown here
    https://imgur.com/Lsthoge

As stated above, without the ability to earn Linu's Favors through donations, players must wait until they are IL 18K to participate in Tiamat skirmish (with all the issues of the queue and abandoning included). Most players in the WoD begin at IL of 9000 - 11K until they gain some boons or upgrade enchants, etc., a process that may take months beyond the normal campaign duration.
  • pinkteddy#7132 pinkteddy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    [Ticket Updated]: 167589: Rewards for the hoard broken

I have logged this fault as well and been asked to add to the post

I can only donate 5 Dragon Hoard Coffers but nothing else. No Dragon Empire Treasures or Coins.

https://imgur.com/St1nRDD

pinkteddy@7132 your post illustrates the Elminster 'Reclaiming the Hoard' quest impact on the cart. The post is regarding the 'Rewards for the Hoard' quest given by the cart itself.

[Ticket Updated]: 167589: Rewards for the hoard broken

I have logged this fault as well and been asked to add to the post

I can only donate 5 Dragon Hoard Coffers but nothing else. No Dragon Empire Treasures or Coins.

https://imgur.com/St1nRDD

• pinkteddy#7132 pinkteddy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    In Response to hexngone, I have both Rewards for the Hoard (Cart Quest) and Reclaiming the Hoard (Elminster Quest) active. I have just donated 10 Dragon Hoard Coffers (my only option as it won't let me donate single coffers any more, only 5 at a time), which has added to my requirement for Reclaiming the Hoard, however it has not updated my donation to the cart quest, Rewards for the Hoard, which remains at 115. I have several Dragon Empire Treasures that I wish to donate to get a Linu's Favour, but this quest is definitely not working for me.
  • juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Broken for me too. I did the weekly 1500 on a new character-- showed 0 towards rewards. Tried older characters and the message just says I do not need to contribute any more until Elminster asks. Not working!!!!
  • sparky15ca#4459 sparky15ca Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I guess I will pile on the band wagon and say I too have been unable to donate, I was trying to report it support @ perfectworld.com but that was apparently the wrong place to report it. Only took them 5 days to tell me I was talking(e-mail) to the wrong people. So I hope that a fix will be forth coming soon, but I won't hold my breath. ;)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Well I guess I will pile on the band wagon and say I too have been unable to donate, I was trying to report it support @ perfectworld.com but that was apparently the wrong place to report it. Only took them 5 days to tell me I was talking(e-mail) to the wrong people. So I hope that a fix will be forth coming soon, but I won't hold my breath. ;)

Top of the page; SUPPORT
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bengi#8202 bengi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same here, only need two more favors to finish the campaign and now this -.-'
  • faelinnefaelinne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Same issue here. My friend and I were both told to report on forums, so I'm reporting it.
  • juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Still broken this week. I did contribute the coffers for the weekly AD quest, but got no credit towards the Rewards for the Hoard. This is 2 weeks straight without credit on the Rewards quest, so I guess I will forego the Reclaiming quest as I need the credit to get the Linu's Favor for the boons. It is a waste of time and effort to do the Reclaiming quest without the Rewards as well since the coffers can be sold for AD on the trade house and 15 coffers gives you more AD than the quest. The real credit is in Rewards for the Hoard. Please, please fix this. It is so hard to get the boons anyway! Thank you.
  • warblood#8397 warblood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I waited until Elminster gave me his quest then put in an entire stack + , then checked my Hoard score and there was no change :P , guess I should have only put a couple in ....
  • dimosvallisdimosvallis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I cant deliver Coins, Single Coffers and Dragon Empire Treasure on Tiamats Hoard. I can deliver 5 coffers at a time though. I had delivered 20 until i realised there is a problem. They did count towards the compition of "Reclaiming the Hoard" quest but not the "Reward for the Hoard". I abandoned it and re accepted it, jumped on other instanced, you know the usual. But still the value of the quest remained the same as before i delivered the 20 coffers. I dont even get the choise in the dialog to deliver those 3 items. all i get is:
    "you do not currently need to return ant Dragon Hoard Coffers until Elminster asks for more". Its been 4 days now
    @nitocris83 not in todays patch. Can we please have an update? This was caused by a previous patch and has halted progress on a Campaign done by hundreds of players.
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Thanks for reporting. I'll pass it on for investigation.

Your feedback is appreciated, could we maybe get a little more clarification?
    I am not seeing anything in the patch notes from today about this issue. Does that mean it's considered so insignificant that it got fixed but not mentioned? Or that it's so insignificant that fixing it is not a priority?

Edit: Looks like it's the 2nd option as I still can't donate anything after completing "reclaiming the hoard".
  • littleone501#3830 littleone501 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It was also suggested to me, by the support team, to report this on the forum. Yes - this is still broken, and it appears that a lot of people are impacted by this bug. Could you please fix this issue. - Thank you.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Fixing an issue isn't as easy as waving a magic wand, they need to figure out what is causing the problem, figure out a fix, test it...
    Sometimes the problem is easy to spot, sometimes, it can be obscurely buried deep somewhere in the code, in multiple locations, and can take a lot of time to figure it out.
    Wouldn't it be nice if all the problems in the world were a simple fix....
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This is still broken. Any update as to when it will be fixed?.. Pretty much makes Tyranny campaign not doing worth doing. Boons last two and last box require linus but this issue makes it difficult to say the least. Maybe remove Linus need if this is not fixable
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    If this was a priority, it would have been corrected with the last maintenance. It was reported early enough to figure out what the hamster went wrong if a campaign breaking bug was a priority.
    Post edited by manttazz on
    As today is Monday and Elminster's quest is offered again, I sent several alts to puck up his quest. I observed the following as I submitted my 15 Coffers to the donation cart:

Alt 1: Interface panel only lists the ability to submit 5 Coffers, I clicked on the red words and it accepted 5 coffers. The display was then grayed out, indicating that I had reached my limit of donations. I presume (since I only clicked once instead of 3 times) that I already had 15 coffers donated and this would normally have been allocated to the Reclaim the Hoard 1500 cache. I did not check the Reward Journal entry to see what was credited.

Alt 2: When I opened the donation cart interface to my delight, I was rewarded 1 Linu's Favor. I apparently had already donated 1500 points worth but had not claimed the reward. The good news is one is able to claim the Linu Favor if one has donated the maz before the update that caused the failure of the quest interface. Once I accepted the Linu's Favor, to my delight, I was given the chance to accept the Reward for the Hoard quest and start accumulating 1500 more points. Once I took the quest, the interface reverted to the single line of donating 5 coffers at a time, so I donated the 15, checked my total and it did show 75/1500 ... so it seemed to be caching the total to the Reward quest again (!). This was not happening last week.

Hopefully, this information will help the developers debug the problem. Essentially the menu to select various ways of donating to the cart has been removed from the quest at the moment. This prevents the donation of the 200 point Empire Treasures which we continue to produce.

I look forward to a patch on Thursday...
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    One of the main problems with this issues comes from the fact that treasures obtained by the campaign task are bound to character. which means I can not transfer them to another toon nor sell them if I end up having enough linu's favors by the time they fix this.
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I suggest maybe removing need for Linus until such time as this can be fixed. It is very frustrating getting response to request "I will inform developers". Then getting survey asking if satisfied. Why on earth would anyone be satisfied with no action>? I must answer in the negative, not satisfied.
    It appears attention is directed mainly at high end areas, but it should be noted that if new players or new toons can not progress it will have a negative impact on the game and in revenues. Bottom line will be affected.