test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What changes do you think Neverwinter Need??

pjohnakospjohnakos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
First of all i woul like to welcome our new executive Producer. Welcome to Neverwinter Chris Whiteside (@cwhitesidedev#9752 ).
To introduce myself im playing this game since the closed beta. I had some breaks from the game with the last one to be with the arrive of module 16. I am back in the game, one month now and i am D&D fan. I dont want to talk for the module 16 changes, i want to keep this thread for positive feedback and suggestions.
So lets get straight to the point. What changes Neverwinter Need?
Since Neverwinter is both PVP/PVE, i will try to talk for both of them. I think PVP and PVE shouldnt be affecting so much another and the game need two separe developer teams.
1. PVP
CLASS NERFS
From what i remember so far Neverwinter is suffering when a class is very good in PVE outdpsing other classes and gets nerfs that make it not playable in PVP. From another prespective we have all seen nerfs to classes, cause it was oneshoting others in PVP and they had to nerf, affecting PVE.
Suggestions:
  • When you want to make a change to an encounter, cause you want to affect the class balance in PVP, simple change the damage it does to other players.
  • If you want to scale down the crits that oneshot players, simple put an upper limit for the crits in pvp to be 100k crit (the number is an example).
PVP QUEUES
The second thing that need to change in PVP, is to make it alive. There arent people queueing for PVP cause you get nothing from PVP, the way it is now.
Suggestions:
  • Put PVP in daily randoms. So people will get in queue to take their rough Astral Diamonds (AD)
  • Give rough Astral Diamonds to the loosers and to the winners just give a bigger price (more Astral Diamond and chance for some mark of potency, etc...)
  • Give something that worth to farm for it. Better PVP gear, a good Artifact, ....
PVP MODES
So many years passed and in PVP nothing had changed since the last mod 17, that introduced a new arena map. Come on devs, dont be lazy.
Suggestions:
  • This is an easyone for you. Reskin the exising arena we had with the 3 bases and give us three or more new skins of it. For example, first skin can be a winter map with frozen lake and frozen caves. You can put an elite Yeti inside too and whoever kills it take a small buff for 1min. Second map can be with lava and mount hotenow landscape. Third map can be with jungle and big plants, where you can hid in them (oponents cahnt see you in the pants).
  • Give new pvp modes. You can give us a castle mode. Where both teams start in upper rooms of a castle. Both Rooms same if you reverse map and they are leading to a central room (hall). From the team bases (rooms), two big stairs from each side, lead to the central halll. In the central room a flag spawns with timer and each time try to get the flag and bring it to their base (room). The team with 5 flags wins. Be carefull of the rogues the flags can be stolen!
  • Give a new arena mode like the Arena in Hellpit. Where people can fightr 2v2 and 1v1 (duel mode). You can request duel with someone and get transfered in the 1v1 arena if he accepts.
  • Finally, i would love to see a MOBA style mode. A small MOBA map, not big like the stronghold, but a small map just for 5 players. A crystal in every base, small turrets not like the big buildings in stronghold, but more like big collums (x2 to x2,5 player height).
2.PVE
Since this game is Dugeon and Dragons themed, i think that Developers should respect more the lore and try to "give life" to the D&D books. So, for start hire some D&D geeks. Dont forget that when you make something, give the lore, tell us the story, show us the maps. We want to see these things.
For example, you pronounce a new module 18 and you say for nine hells and you throw us some screenshots in a small video and .... the end.
Tell us the story. A small cinematic, show to the people what Nine Hells are, what layer we will visit, why we go there. Tell us... You are the Dungeon Masters..... Tell us the story, dont forget that plz.
MAP
Starting with that. The game NEED a new map. The one we have now is struggling. I feel claustrophobic in there.
You have D&D guys, you have everything ready. We are in Forgotten Reams setting, so give us the map of our world (map) Abeir-Toril, known as Toril.
Let people to zoom in areas but make playable only the places you want. Then give us a better zoom in in the Faerun continent. Neverwinter is just a speck in The lands of Fearun. Neverwinter lies along the upper Sword coast. Finally take us to the city of Neverwinter where Tales of The Realm begins.
DUNGEONS
This game is D&D, we want Dungeons no events, no heroic encounters, no endless campaigns that need to do the same thing every day for a month.
We want you to choose the adventure. Read it, get the feeling and "give life" to it....
Show us the maps, tell us the story, what we hear, what we fell, show us a cinematic.
For example, each new mod you give us a dungeon and thats all. Give us two or three dungeons. Make the old dungeons worth to play them. Demogorgon set that gets a nerf was in that way. Cradle of the death God (codg) will always be a dungeon we will do. Give things in the older dungeons worth to farm. For example to create a set you need the heart from the epic Karrundax and make the fight of the red dragon more epic (hard mode epic). You need part from the horns from Orcus Castle Never and so on.
The Tales of Old system should be adopted and get in every dungeon. You can finish x1 the dungeon take the regular reward, finish it x5 (same scaling to difficulty with Tales of Old) and you get chance for epic and legendary mark of potency and enchanting stones. Give time and lifes as you gave to Tales of Old, throw random bonuses for time and lifes as you gave. That system is amazing and would be great to have it in every dungeon.
Give the old Dungeons back in game. Tales of Old should be always up and let people play it when they want. Let people farm it and just tell them what is the max of coins they can get per week.
We want the old Castle Never back!!!
Give us K-Team back...... Give us reason to do K-team for the endgame gear. So you will always need shards from K-team to progress and craft the endgame item.
Finally, here i want to mention the events and how boring is to have an event starting after another event ends, with same content and same rewards always. Give us instead dungeons
For example, Christmas the winter has come, give us dungeons kill the evil santa, kill the snow queen and create adventures to rescue the village from the christmas troll.
In Summer give us an adventure with a sunken temple, underwater action, we swim and we go underwater.
CLASSES AND PARAGON PATHS
The second thing i think Neverwinter need is more classes and new paragons for the existing ones. Seems that developers stoped working on the classes. I have a character of every class and with the new chages in mod16 i have to say that the powers should be more generic and not so encounter based.
For example justicar paladin, there powers if you use this encounter that heal you make threat (i dont want to heal, i want to tank), or you can take this power that make this encounter blah blah (but i will not use this encounter in endgame). Dont worry if you use your this daily you will do blah blah, (but i will never use this daily), you have another option if you use this daily you will heal everyone (but i want to tank)
There too many powers that say when you do this encounter, or this daily, that you dont even use them. The powers should be more generic and make you the paragon you chose.
For example, in wizards there is a path "master of flames" and yet there are in there powers that want to make it frost mage. The paragon paths are still a mess, arcanist seems to be a mix of arcane magic and spellstorm mage. They should separate them all. Give more generic spells and more paragon speced spells.
Rangers and Rogues seem to be in the right way. Devine Clerics i love the mechanics in arbiter DC. Barbarians should be dps not tanks, and instead of tank barbarians should be able to be either Great Weapon Fighting or Two-Weapon Fighting and get Berserker and Twinclaw Slayer (Whirling Slayer). Warlocks as the wizards need a rework on their paths too. Fighters should be more versatile and be able to change weapons in combat. For example, use bow and change to shield and mainhand, or if they want to go dps,to be able to either go Great Weapon Fighting or Two-Weapon Fighting or range dps.
RACES
The changes in mod16 to the races, was a step back, no more roll dice, dexterity giving movement.... Every class want to get this dexterity just for the movement there. Give faster movement to all classes and remove this movement from dexterity. Wizards want dexterity for critical severity (and for the movement ofcourse). In what world?? Again people talk with some D&D geeks plz and change the races.
As for the game perspective, the dragonborn should not be so powerfull compared to the other races (as you said you want to balance everything) reduce the damage boost, or give to all races damage boost. For example, give to orcs melee damage boost and to elfs, moon elf, drow, range dps boost, etc.... Humans need a rework. Dwarfs should have more Hit points from the other races. Some other races should get penalties to their hit points (or to constitution). Still when you make changes to races, like you did in mod16, you should give to all the players a race reroll. You cant change something like that and dont care about the players, how will adopt to the changes.

Comments

• pjohnakospjohnakos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    3.ADVERTISEMENT
    The game need to be advertised, in mobile phones, steam, youtube. Help the streamers, talk with them. Participate in D&D events etc.
    4.ZEN AND PRICES
    You want our money and we want to support the game, but you really have to give better bundles or lower the prices.
    Its better and easier to get 5 euros each month from a lot of players than get 50 and 100 euros from a few.
    I opened around 250 lockboxes and didnt get a legendary mount (LOW RNG).
    The more you give to your players, the more you will get from them. Give Big presents (bound to account) like the anniversary gifts you had given.
    5.HELP NEW PLAYERS
    Finally, i really think that you should help new players, give them bound to account presents, more character slots, help them to get in the game, but only for the new accounts, not for the new characters from already extisted accounts.
    I hope that people will get back in the game. I love D&D, i love Forgotten Realms, i love Neverwinter.
    Give more feedback and suggestions and lets hope for the best
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    "Put PVP in daily randoms. So people will get in queue to take their rough Astral Diamonds (AD)"

This has been done before. Players hated it. You can't force players to play pvp for rough AD. What players did was put their character on auto run or used a presser. So they queue in and dont actually play. they just auto run and don't care if they die. It destroys pvp for those players who want to play pvp. This is a terrrible idea to put PvP back into random queue for daily rough AD.
    Thnx for the reply.
    Since there are many ways nowadays to get rough Astral Diamonds. The game will not force you to play pvp. It is just another option to get rough AD, for those players that like and want to play PVP.
    pjohnakos said:

Thnx for the reply.
    Since there are many ways nowadays to get rough Astral Diamonds. The game will not force you to play pvp. It is just another option to get rough AD, for those players that like and want to play PVP.

Just simply making it an "option" you will attract the easy lowest common denominator players who dont want to push the buttons in a dungeon if they can just afk auto run pvp matches for their daily rough AD. Trust me, it has been done, they removed it because of the very reason I am pointing out. It will not work and bringing it back will just put everything though the same issue. Bots will come out the woodwork again to farm AD and ruin pvp matches for those who want to actually pvp. I am yes of course sounding like im crying about pvp, but I don't pvp anymore. I use to back in the early days of NW. I know how bad it had gotten when you could get rough ad for pvp matches. Pvpers hated it because of all the bots or players who were auto running.

Also in the early days of NW you could actually aquire pvp gear much easier and use it in PvE dungeons. It actually helped you to get into the dungeons much faster using that route. There was an incentive to pvp back then. Basically it comes down to a huge majority of NW players do not like pvp. Its a very very tiny community and there really is nothing you can do at this point to make it attractive to the whole player base.

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Just put a IL 10000 cap on PvP.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    pjohnakos said:

RACES
    The changes in mod16 to the races, was a step back, no more roll dice, dexterity giving movement.... Every class want to get this dexterity just for the movement there. Give faster movement to all classes and remove this movement from dexterity. Wizards want dexterity for critical severity (and for the movement ofcourse). In what world?? Again people talk with some D&D geeks plz and change the races.
    As for the game perspective, the dragonborn should not be so powerfull compared to the other races (as you said you want to balance everything) reduce the damage boost, or give to all races damage boost. For example, give to orcs melee damage boost and to elfs, moon elf, drow, range dps boost, etc.... Humans need a rework. Dwarfs should have more Hit points from the other races. Some other races should get penalties to their hit points (or to constitution). Still when you make changes to races, like you did in mod16, you should give to all the players a race reroll. You cant change something like that and dont care about the players, how will adopt to the changes.

Yeah, this one's odd, on one hand attributes matter less, on the other hand racial perks like Dragonborn and Tiefling damage are so far ahead of any of the other ones. At least the primary perk of all classes should be useful like for example Sun Elf having 10% additional AP gain instead of the current 2% which is negligable.

edited December 2019
    Not sure if I should even say anything. But I suppose I will.

It can't be argued at all, but at least some where around 90% of the items in the game are either not useful, not wanted or completely obsolete where you can obtain a better piece with less effort rendering it's alternative a waste of time to even consider putting in any effort to obtain.

So a huge portion of the database is full of essentially "junk" and these lists get put into dungeons as rewards when really they aren't rewards. Most just ends up being converted into refinement points and refinement points are a reward.

One thing that is key about Dungeon and Dragons is options, and one thing that Neverwinter has been increasingly going further and further a way from is options. However this idea is about bringing back options.

Here is one example of where I am going. There is a set of artifact weapons that are gotten through the Cloaked Ascendancy which I should add most new players are completely unaware of. Anyways some of these weapons had some great effects built into them like the Mirage set. However; no reasonable player would undertake the massive commitment to obtain these weapons since they are 100% obsolete.

I propose something along the lines of making all older campaign gear able to be increased up to that of the current active mod. You can use a sort of exhaulting system or what ever to give relevance to this older stuff. You can do the same for all the older armor sets. If you did this you would expand the variety of end game sets by making them "comparative" to that of the new mod stats. You give all these older items a use, a desire and you give players many more options. They don't necessarily need to be exactly equal to the top end game items but they should be in the running for the 2nd or 3rd tier for that mod.

I'm not sure if I explained myself clear enough on just what I mean here but basically implement a system that allows you to equalize all older set gear, artifacts, artifact weapons, armor sets to that of the current mod items.

You can do something like infusing some seals or some new type of currency that players collect from dungeons and spend bringing that older gear up to current stats. So the older the item, it might require a bit more infusing? Or perhaps the "better" the item effect might require more investment to get it to the end infusion process.

This solves two major things. One, you give players another reason to run content which is collecting the currency to infuse these older items. You also expand the library of "relevant" items for players to chose from. You also make the older campaigns a little more relevant as well. Some players might want to actually go back and work to obtain the older gear specifically to infuse it up.

Black ice armor would then become relevant.
    Storm Kings Thunder armor would then become relevant.
    Even Elemental Evil elemental artifact weapons become relevant.
    and the list continues with all the older artifacts as well.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    pjohnakos said:

I think PVP and PVE shouldnt be affecting so much another and the game need two separe developer teams.

At the moment I think we should be happy NW has a developer team at all :)
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I have been busy seeking work, so too busy to play of late. When you make any changes to any game, there's always someone who doesn't like them. Back in April, they made too much change all at once. Not that all the change was "bad" just too much. Players freaked out and split. Instead of taking the Foundry down for extended repairs, they ditched it. Maybe the Foundry wasn't loved by all, but there goes 5%, 10%, ?? that did. Who knows? They pulled out game mechanix and made the builds too simple and reduced to 1 good build per class. People that play this sort of game P&P, they come here expecting to be able to challenge their minds, not turn them off and blast bad guys. If I want to do that, I have a PS4 and several stand alone shooters. I just got the new Borderlands. I tend to RP as I said, I play P&P and that is a huge part of the game this is based on. So where is my acting skills going to help me in an online D&D game that is trying to be Overwatch? Back in April, I thought they were going to up the maps from level 70 to 80. They didn't and this made the ones who upgraded stuck playing a paltry few maps and anytime I return to anything old... the term a hot knife through butter comes to mind. I still like old artifact sets, not for their stats but for the effect and how it relates to my character. For example. I have a Thayan who uses the Thayan book of the dead. Am I suppose to upgrade to the music box? Why? I should be able to buy or acquire the music box and use it to upgrade my book making it have better stats. This game doesn't cut it as a combat game, it doesn't cut it as a role playing game, and there is no strategy, so what is it? When I seldom get online with Neverwinter there is no one to hang out with, nobody wants to make friends, they only need you, if you "fit the role" and item level to run some dungeon for profit. I guess if you call grinding AD to make a character more powerful to make more AD fun?? I don't know if they can fix this hot mess, best of luck with that.

Just killing time...
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

I propose something along the lines of making all older campaign gear able to be increased up to that of the current active mod. You can use a sort of exhaulting system or what ever to give relevance to this older stuff. You can do the same for all the older armor sets. If you did this you would expand the variety of end game sets by making them "comparative" to that of the new mod stats. You give all these older items a use, a desire and you give players many more options. They don't necessarily need to be exactly equal to the top end game items but they should be in the running for the 2nd or 3rd tier for that mod.

I'm not sure if I explained myself clear enough on just what I mean here but basically implement a system that allows you to equalize all older set gear, artifacts, artifact weapons, armor sets to that of the current mod items.

You can do something like infusing some seals or some new type of currency that players collect from dungeons and spend bringing that older gear up to current stats. So the older the item, it might require a bit more infusing? Or perhaps the "better" the item effect might require more investment to get it to the end infusion process.

Too many currencies in game as is. Also too confusing for newer players, or casual weekend warriors to ask them to farm more for more stuff. If they were gonna make the old stuff viable in later mods they would've done it by now, and they would've just upped the stats and IL on it all as new mods got launched.

I asked about 6-8 months ago if they could bring the IL up on the legendary Underdark rings, as I had a bunch of them(11 in total iirc) and some of the bonuses were quite interesting, but not worth toying with due to the low IL. This was after they took out salvage, so they were worthless to me, even for RP as I can get RP with very little effort. I got told by other forum members that(not devs) that it would never happen, as then there would be no reason for people to farm the new dungeons. I see the same reason for not upping older weapon/armor sets.

• littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

krumple01 said:

Too many currencies in game as is. Also too confusing for newer players, or casual weekend warriors to ask them to farm more for more stuff. If they were gonna make the old stuff viable in later mods they would've done it by now, and they would've just upped the stats and IL on it all as new mods got launched.

I asked about 6-8 months ago if they could bring the IL up on the legendary Underdark rings, as I had a bunch of them(11 in total iirc) and some of the bonuses were quite interesting, but not worth toying with due to the low IL. This was after they took out salvage, so they were worthless to me, even for RP as I can get RP with very little effort. I got told by other forum members that(not devs) that it would never happen, as then there would be no reason for people to farm the new dungeons. I see the same reason for not upping older weapon/armor sets.

True dat, on the Underdark Rings, I have at least 50 of the +5’s. I can’t bring myself to trash them.

There’s a lot of things I would like changed. But, I think the biggest and most useful is how to make and keep older zones relevant, and useful. Every mod/campaign area eventually becomes abandoned - this can’t make sense financially for the company. I’m not a gamer, but surely other companies don’t do this. Basically each mod is pump and dump, and soon you’ll never go back to it.

Maybe tie new optional weekly missions/tasks that tie back to older campaign areas that drop current module rewards.
    To cast some positive light on this forum I will tell you what kind of module I would make, if I were King...

At the beginning of the module, I would have Sergeant Knox ask you to go out on patrol with him.
    "Hello Adventurer! It has been quite some time since we last shared a drink together. I am on duty and was wondering if you would care to go out on patrol with me? I don't expect it to be anything as exciting as your adventures in the Undermountain or journey to Chult. It is just some basic peacekeeping tasks in Blacklake, Tower District, and then we can drop in at the Broken Crown Inn for that drink."
    The introduction would have you travel to Blacklake (day time) map where much reconstruction and restoration has been done. As Knox explains the Nashers are no longer a threat with the defeat of Gyrion. Of course there are small cells of Nashers still around but we took over their main barracks and converted to our guard post. We no longer depend on mercenary soldiers as I have trained many since your absence. Knox does a few dialog quests in the area settling disputes between the commoners. Next you move on the Tower District and find the Many Arrow Orcs have been cleared out and the only problem is bar fights at the Fallen Tower Tavern. Which you fist fight (new feature) to break up a dispute between customers. Upon reaching Black Dagger's Broken Crown Inn a cut scene would have Knox drinking with you and saying how Lord Neverember's plans seem to be working and peace is possible for the future. But it is interrupted by Neverwinter guards telling Knox there is a disturbance in Blacklake. You journey back to find new level 80 enemies invading Blacklake.

The identity of the new enemies is not important, the point is they are not the Nashers. Things have changed, in this module you go out on patrols both weekly and daily to ensure the peace of the old maps. The maps are no longer inhabited by weak mobs. Clicking the travel map icon for Blacklake would prompt level 80's with the campaign active, if they were traveling to Blacklake of the past or the current time. This would be done to prevent clutter.

Just killing time...
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    More, if not all, of the items we earn as loot drops need to be made account-bound instead of character bound... Even after equip. It would be nice to invest in a set of armor and such, and be able to use those items on the next toon we create.

Also, some in my alliance thought this would be silly, but many agreed with me: I'd like to be able to use armor from other classes on any class. For instance, the"leather jerkin" would look great on the Barbarian, but it's only for Rogue/Ranger toons. Unlocking the ability to wear any outfit we want on any toon would be nice...

CM

$0.02 from a noob...
    sto-sig-pic.png
    @blargskull that would be great. that storytelling could help a lot a D&D themed game.
    Lots of people stay in this game just for the D&D theme, they have to use it!!!
    They need to pay some DMs (Dungeon Masters), as they cant do it themselves!
    Yes. It would be nice to make content again. No more Foundry, we use to make stuff like that for them, no charge. Just imagine what we could come up with, if they actually paid us. :lol:

Just killing time...
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2019

First and foremost, quit HAMSTER-ing with existing content...That includes specs for players, mounts, companions, etc.

When new content is released, whatever changes that new content prescribes becomes permanent, irreversible and applies to all content present and previous when a player steps into that new content for the first time - but not before.
    DD~
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

krumple01 said:

They wouldn't really need a new currency. They could just use the currencies that exist. For example, if you want to upgrade something from Sharandar you would need to use some combination of Formorian Concoctions, Feywild Sparks, and Crescents. If you wanted to upgrade something from a zone that doesn't have that type of specific currency you could use Adventurer's Seals, Seals of the Crown, or Undermountain Seals.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    The biggest need for Neverwinter is the removal of scaling, as I don't really feel like I've progressed with my toons in the older dungeons.

It also needs to go back to giving us customization of my toons again with initial stat rolls(I spent 30 mins at least on each toon rerolling till I got numbers I wanted, and now that's all gone. Feat trees brought back too, my pally in mod 15 was nice hybrid tank/heal/dps. I really enjoyed playing him. In mod 16, it was a huge learning curve just how to play him as solely a tank. The heal loadout on that toon is trash, so I don't play it.

And bring back salvage, while leaving rad rewards in the dungeon chests at the level they are now. I have more than 4million rp spread across 5 toons, and I have no pressing use for it. If not bring back salvage then increase the drop rate of mop rank 4 and above, as well.

Add an in game encyclopedia with accurate info on everything in game, artifacts, comps, mounts, enemies and their stats/counter stats numbers, as well as explanations of how things like crit strike affect healing on various paragons. But in easy to understand terms with no equations.

And every single item that drops from chests, end of dungeon run, boss fights, zok boxes, starlight parcels, gifts of simril, and similar drops must be 100% unbound on pick up. And then BtA on equip at worst. I have gotten too many comps, mounts, artifacts that are totally worthless to me, and they are bound character, or bound account on pick up. Most artifacts I can turn to RP(like I said in an earlier post I don't need RP right now), but I got a Harper Bard comp in a chest in Tales, and sure enough BtA, and they're selling for 600k on xbox AH right now. Even if I undercut by 100k, that would've bought a lot of MOP rank 4-5 that I desperately need, or enchanting stones rank 5 that I really need. I have no use for the Harper Bard comp, other than filling a collection, not something I'm that interested in...

The biggest need for Neverwinter is the removal of scaling, as I don't really feel like I've progressed with my toons in the older dungeons.

This has been suggested by a large number of players and I think a huge majority don't like the way the scaling is currently working but are fine with scaling as a whole. It just needs more work. I agree with you here, a character that has end game gear shouldn't at all struggle in older content. Those characters should be able to walk through older content easily.

It also needs to go back to giving us customization of my toons again
    with initial stat rolls(I spent 30 mins at least on each toon rerolling till I got numbers I wanted, and now that's all gone. Feat trees brought back too, my pally in mod 15 was nice hybrid tank/heal/dps. I really enjoyed playing him. In mod 16, it was a huge learning curve just how to play him as solely a tank. The heal loadout on that toon is trash, so I don't play it.

I highly doubt they will return to customization. It seems there was design decision to give the game fewer choices, fewer chances for new players to make "mistakes" on the choices they went with. It's unfortunate because the heart of DnD is based on making choices and having many options for your character.

And bring back salvage,
    while leaving rad rewards in the dungeon chests at the level they are now. I have more than 4million rp spread across 5 toons, and I have no pressing use for it. If not bring back salvage then increase the drop rate of mop rank 4 and above, as well.

I have argued this point with many players. Salvage in no way hurt the economy but the development team also believed allowing players to build up a huge backlog of rough astral diamonds in some way harms the game economy. It can't and at most all it does is give players the option to only need to log in to hit a refine button and then log out and do something else. Having a massive backlog is still possible in the game. If the argument is that by having a massive backlog causes players to not play or run content reducing the numbers of players running random dungeons then a different decision needs to be made because removing salvage has not achieved anything as is currently.

Add an in game encyclopedia with accurate info on everything in game, artifacts, comps, mounts, enemies and their stats/counter stats numbers, as well as explanations of how things like crit strike affect healing on various paragons. But in easy to understand terms with no equations.

This is a great idea. I don't know how many times I've heard players complain about not knowing an item even existed in the game when trying to search for it in game. I think there should be info on every item in the game, what it does and what mod it is associated with and what are it's counterparts.

And every single item that drops from chests, end of dungeon run, boss fights, zok boxes, starlight parcels, gifts of simril, and similar drops must be 100% unbound on pick up. And then BtA on equip at worst. I have gotten too many comps, mounts, artifacts that are totally worthless to me, and they are bound character, or bound account on pick up. Most artifacts I can turn to RP(like I said in an earlier post I don't need RP right now), but I got a Harper Bard comp in a chest in Tales, and sure enough BtA, and they're selling for 600k on xbox AH right now. Even if I undercut by 100k, that would've bought a lot of MOP rank 4-5 that I desperately need, or enchanting stones rank 5 that I really need. I have no use for the Harper Bard comp, other than filling a collection, not something I'm that interested in...

I agree completely that most items should be sellable/tradable it gives incentive to players to continue to run content so they can sell those items to get what they need. Removing or making it harder to sell items in game removes any advancement, players find it harder and harder to obtain the items they DO need. I have a huge list of companions I can't do anything with because I already have them.

krumple01 said:

This is a great idea. I don't know how many times I've heard players complain about not knowing an item even existed in the game when trying to search for it in game. I think there should be info on every item in the game, what it does and what mod it is associated with and what are it's counterparts.
    This is called a game wiki. something Cryptic has no idea how to work with. I have played great many other games and the Neverwinter wiki is just awful. This is not the fault of the wiki admin or those editing the wiki. The official wiki is made on Gamepedia (Curse) that was bought by Amazon and combined with their Twitch service. Most of the other games I play have the official wiki on their own servers and commercial free.

If or when I look at the Neverwinter official wiki, I am lucky if my browser doesn't return "Aw Snap!" or I end up with something nearly pornographic popping up on there. They keep asking me for money to remove the advertisements. Once I get to the topic it is usually nonexistent or so thin it doesn't answer my questions. Some cases the topic is so old it fails. I know I wouldn't volunteer to work on a wiki spamming me with all of those ads! If I use my ad blocker, they tell me I can't look until I whitelist them.

Out of Cryptic's 3 games, Champions has the best wiki. This is because http://www.championswiki.com is player owned. Yes the players purchased a domain and built their own wiki. It is also edited by a small group to keep it clean, you need an invite to edit.

Just killing time...
  • originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Actually, the part about dex giving movement and wizards wanting dex is relatively accurate. Dexterity bonus is counted in initiative and your armour class when not wearing heavy armour. For a wizard (generally, for best combat effect), Int tend to be the highest, then either Dex or Con as the next stat. Either way, dex is one of those things that affect combat and is useful to everyone, especially since dex saves are so common.

I think, the fact that most racial bonuses are not very impactful is actually a good thing. In 5E, even though there are no penalties, you still see "optimal" combinations quite often and that's not very interesting.

I'd rather Cryptic not try to bastardize forgotten realms and shoe horn in dungeons where it doesn't need to be. Neverwinter has its own festivals based around a polythestic pantheon and that should be interesting enough on its own.
    @originalsin- dexterity has nothing to do with movement in any version of d&d.
    It is for agility, reflexes, and balance (better reflex saves), could affect AC and affects and range attack rolls so should be a stat for rangers!!!
    Not for all classes. At the moment all classes focus DEXTERITY just for the MOVEMENT SPEED!
    They should give movement speed buff NOT in a STAT.
    And dexterity it isnt usefull to everyone as you say.
    I was playing more the D&D 3,5 and a bit of D&D 4 and Neverwinter is based in D&D 4.

https://dnd4.fandom.com/wiki/Dexterity
    Dexterity and Intelligence are redundant with each other for the purpose of defense bonuses.
    For this reason, Dexterity may be less useful for characters who need Intelligence for attack rolls, class features, or skill checks.
    @originalsin- Cryptic has alreaydy bastardize forgotten realms.
    As for the pantheon they dont use it at all.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    They use it when you create your character and every time that character invokes. Also during the Challenge of the Gods. Beyond that, no impact. Just like real life.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    @greywynd - I guess you are right, i shouldnt have said "at all".
    But when i was saying that Cryptic doesnt use pantheon, i meant that except from the character creation, that God doesnt affect your character.
    There is no impact with the God you chose.
    Evil Gods, Good Gods, you just invoke and it is same for everyone.
    There could be Evil, Good Gods, you talk with your God or Avatars of your God, you get quests to kill Avatars of Other Gods, helping your God. (Other players have to protect their God's Avatars).

Gods could affect even the class you have chosen. Every God depending from the class you chose, gives 1 or 2 new skills to the character.
    Thats some examples, how they could make use of pantheon and how the God you choose has impact to your character.
    So evil Gods could ask for kill players (do pvp) or destroy temples, kill avatars etc...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    Why would a hero of Neverwinter follow an evil god?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Why would a hero of Neverwinter follow an evil god?

So that the hero can become dark side of the force and take over Neverwinter and rule them all one day. Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! (the evil version of laugh)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***