test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Event [11/21-12/12]

13»

Comments

• bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    So @nitocris83 , will You, please, clarify this mess?

"Many people did not buy the buyout to avoid farming the event. We did it to expedite access to week 3 content and rewards. It was clear to me that I was buying 14 days of progression, it was not clear that there was a cap at 21 days." - exactly!

• Hi, I don't understand the new hell pit level of difficulty. The minimum level object is 18k, I'm 23k level object (20k in the pit) and I succesfull pass the last 7 days tournaments. Now with the same stuff I can't finish the normal 5 rounds. The 4 round it's impossible to finish. It would be the round bonus (the 6 round) to be hard in theory. It's regular?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    point being, like in the post today by @lukebrightblade#9044 , is the ilvl isn't all that important, its about stat distribution after the scaling. You can in theory perform well in FBI and SVA and struggle in hell pit because of poor stat distribution (or obviously an over dependence on tanks and healers to offset defensive stats).

You are facing lvl 80 mobs, so after scaling you should be shooting for 60k armor pen, crit strike, accuracy, & defense (going over is wasted stats so balance accordingly).

combat advantage won't be very useful since you don't have anyone with you to give you positioning for combat advantage.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I think people are missing the chain of events that happened. Day one people bought the buyout and then exploited the system by buying the mini completion pack getting an endless supply of tokens of flames for very little zen. Cryptic then did an emergency patch taking out the mini completion pack so people would stop exploiting that. (As far as I know, nobody got banned).

Day two you could still buy the buyout but no longer the mini completion pack. People who had bought huge amounts of tokens of flame were still able to do the quest. Cryptic had stated in the description of the event that you could earn up to 7 token of flames. So the patch on 26 Nov put in a cap of only being able to do 21 completions finally stopping those that had got hundreds of tokens of flame from getting more. However, this caused the negative effect of anyone that bought out the completion pack after day one reaching the cap of 21 without getting their 7 tokens of flame.

They have been off work since last Wednesday (the day after they put in the 21 day cap) which is why we haven’t heard an update about this topic. Hopefully now that they are back at work today they can come up with a solution for those that didn’t get their full 7 tokens of flame.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Why every time there is an emergency maintenance, the word "exploit" comes to my mind :D
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Draining Kiss (cant be exactly sure which enemy, but i would bet its a succubus) during the bonus round induces a fear effect, which is a little weird given the name, and also has a PH icon for a debuff but shows no fear or charm above the character. Needs some looking at.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I purchased the buyout after 9 days. I was eager to get to tier 3 difficulty and earn my tokens of flame. Ever since then the NPC has no quest for me. I played 9 days + bonus rounds and have ZERO token of flames with no way to earn them. It's like I'm being punished for buying late. Those who bought on day one ended up with 2x the currency used for the mount.
    Another disastrous event.
    This whole game has become a Rupe Goldberg thing.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I was wondering how The Dev team was going to screw this up. Really good concept and fairly fun with a decent difficulty rating and great rewards. Then Along come the Genius Dev team.. "oh lets just patch this here"...Everything goes to hell...
    After a week, Dev team still scratching their heads going huh? whats wrong? we dont get it? DERP!!
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    not scratching their heads, still wiping the eye buggers off from the thanksgiving food coma
  • giannix1giannix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

I purchased the buyout after 9 days. I was eager to get to tier 3 difficulty and earn my tokens of flame. Ever since then the NPC has no quest for me. I played 9 days + bonus rounds and have ZERO token of flames with no way to earn them. It's like I'm being punished for buying late. Those who bought on day one ended up with 2x the currency used for the mount.
    Another disastrous event.
    This whole game has become a Rupe Goldberg thing.

We want our flame tokens. Not just punishment :)
    When it comes to players working, you are always slow to resolve
  • satansdemisesatansdemise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Please add brutality, fortitude, initiative insignias to the choice pack if it isnt being done already. I literally only played this event for a legendary enlightened insignia of brutality and a coal.
  • I didn't purchase any kinda of buyouts, but after completing day 15 on Saturday, I haven't received a new quest since.
  • estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    What about the players who did not receive the correct amount of Flame tokens. Is this going to be fixed before the event is gone and then can't spend the tokens.