test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.115.20191025a.5

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11299213

Comments

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I hope this means they fixed the skirmishes not showing up at all. To where you can't get titles or anything. I really hope cryptic has fixed it this patch.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Classes and Balance

Wizard

Chaos Magic: Activates extremely rarely. Often, throughout the entire fight with the boss does not

activate even once. In addition, not all bonuses from this skill work. Alternate ability (Iced Lightning)

is useless. Doesn't match any builds.

- Rapid recovery: Gain 100% Cooldown Recovery Rate for 5s. And in practice it gives 0% Cooldown Recovery

Rate for 5s.

- Repel: Repel charges 0.09% AP. It is almost 10x less than other skills.

- Directed Flames: Smolder now deals 75% of its total damage instantly when applied but no longer deals

damage over time. And in practice smolder deals 50% of its total damage instantly when applied but no

longer deals damage over time.

- Arcane Singularity: The control effect is so weak that monsters easily run out of the area of skill. Even if a monster sucks, it does not fall in the center of the skill area, only where it managed to run.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Will Sashes be made available for characters that cannot get them to drop due to some bug? I currently have over 3k of tokens collected on one of my alts, smashed I don't know how many pinatas and no sash.
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Nice fix to alpha compy..... I have even less power than before patch.

No it didt work. Please fix it
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

What's the point of making mechanics if you remove them?

Give them another 3 mods before the patch notes include:
    "Halaster now stands in center of platform, immobilized, triggering no attacks, with all stats halved"
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Clear slot > Equip again, its fixed.
    I already did that. After changing instance power is down again. Like allways.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Clear slot > Equip again, its fixed.
    I already did that. After changing instance power is down again. Like allways.
    I can confirm. The power bonus drops off when changing instances/logging out.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    While getting downed is better than kick out, have you considered letting us learn the mechanic instead of gutting it? Like a camp-fire before the final boss for example.
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Alpha Compy power bonus still bugged for me
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Same for me, nothing was fixed with the Alpha Compy, still have to reset it after zoning.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Green's Slime's Companion Slot 8000 Defense works but Green Slime's combat Acid Aura still 0 (zero) damage every second.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

While getting downed is better than kick out, have you considered letting us learn the mechanic instead of gutting it? Like a camp-fire before the final boss for example.

mechanic was stupid and no one that didn't learn it when it was new is going to take the time to learn it now. some catch right on but most don't. I've been in more failed runs because the old timers are mostly quitting and the new timers are trying to gear up and they just don't get it. when this first came out there was a solid 2 weeks of practice runs and then a few more weeks of occasional practice runs. that's what it took to learn these mechanics. if you weren't around for it good luck finding a group with the patience to teach you. I always thought this was lame and I'm not sorry to see it go (and I did know the mechanics) it wasn't fun. too many things that could go wrong with lag spikes and glitchy attacks in the middle of the phase. the hand that grabs and then lets go 1 second later for no reason for example.
  • newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Not gonna miss that part of Cradle mechs either. Not even for a second.

"Driders no longer fire a projectile in a direction completely different from their facing or indicator."
    From my eToS run it seems this was achieved by removing their straight line attack indicator completely. At least on lowest settings nothing is showing.