test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Balancing- When? Is it Actually Being Looked At ?

13»

Comments

• coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Maybe, but the Main reason why ppl who finished it didnt experience this "discrimination" was because they made their own Party, instead of hopeing to beat it with a PE Pug group.

So when you did your preview practise run and after live you said oh guys what we have for party only TR hr and cw we don't know any other class dps or all changed to this 3 so you could finish the trial?. Now offcorse you can do rainbow and any with new gear new weapons and more buffs , the problem is the dps check the sooner devs balance it the better more player can play whatever they want.

All the messages are for the devs not for the players that play other classes (we don't need a dispute between us , we need to be all together on this)
    Post edited by coolgor28#5062 on
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

> @tom#6998 said:

> (Quote)

> Maybe, but the Main reason why ppl who finished it didnt experience this "discrimination" was because they made their own Party, instead of hopeing to beat it with a PE Pug group.

So when you did your preview practise run and after live you said oh guys what we have for party only TR hr and cw we don't know any other class dps or all changed to this 3 so you could finish the trial?. Now offcorse you can do rainbow and any with new gear new weapons and more buffs , the problem is the dps check the sooner devs balance it the better more player can play whatever they want.

im not saying classes are balanced, but u cant dispute the fact that it can be finished with classes besides tr/cw/hr, the weapons make a 1-2% difference, there arent any "new" buffs, besides the Blast Sceptre, that which can be bought on the AH, if thats the only thing your 10man party is missing. Also what is this "new gear" u are talking about? The Rings maybe help u to get 2-3k more Power if even that much, u wont even be able to notice the difference there.

So, im on your side when it comes to balancing classes, but some ppl here tend to pretend that they would magicly finish the trial if their class got buffed a bit.
  • coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > (Quote)
    > im not saying classes are balanced, but u cant dispute the fact that it can be finished with classes besides tr/cw/hr, the weapons make a 1-2% difference, there arent any "new" buffs, besides the Blast Sceptre, that which can be bought on the AH, if thats the only thing your 10man party is missing. Also what is this "new gear" u are talking about? The Rings maybe help u to get 2-3k more Power if even that much, u wont even be able to notice the difference there.
    >
    > So, im on your side when it comes to balancing classes, but some ppl here tend to pretend that they would magicly finish the trial if their class got buffed a bit.

I'm not talking for my party as we play anyway with whoever is online just saying we need a balance and we do everyday tomm practice so if they buff the class at least I don't feal been carried. Sure we need TR cw and hr to finish and good ones not any but the best. Again this is not for the people that play other class who has ad can change anyway what is best class in any mod but for the devs.
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    tom#6998 said:

kangkeok said:

I find it funny that the people who can't do it take the time to tell the people who can do it what is required to finish it. It can be done with rainbow DpS assuming everyone knows what they are doing, anyone who thinks otherwise, cannot finish the trial to begin with without being hard carried. Is class balance an issue? Yes, but its not the deciding factor in whether or not you can complete tomm.

From what I see, I don't think the concern here are about being able to complete with a rainbow party. Its more on the class they played has less contribution compare to the other class thus causing them difficulty to get into groups. It something that only those that get discriminated know more about than those who didn't. Nothing to do with those player that already completed the content since they have not experience discriminated like those who did. Except if u did experience the discrimination, then post something that are relevant.
    Maybe, but the Main reason why ppl who finished it didnt experience this "discrimination" was because they made their own Party, instead of hopeing to beat it with a PE Pug group.

Probably but still, that doesn't really solve the problem either. If everyone that is being discriminate were to start their own group, do we have enough player to get those group filled? I doubt. There are surely bound to be players that fail to get into group. Especially if they themselves that make the group are discriminating others and looking for Top tier fotm class only. Because how hard the content is, its only a natural thing that people only wants the best group setup to maximize their chance of success. And with that again, it still falls back to the question on which class are better at performance. Subsequently, the call for class balancing.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

tom#6998 said:

kangkeok said:

I find it funny that the people who can't do it take the time to tell the people who can do it what is required to finish it. It can be done with rainbow DpS assuming everyone knows what they are doing, anyone who thinks otherwise, cannot finish the trial to begin with without being hard carried. Is class balance an issue? Yes, but its not the deciding factor in whether or not you can complete tomm.

From what I see, I don't think the concern here are about being able to complete with a rainbow party. Its more on the class they played has less contribution compare to the other class thus causing them difficulty to get into groups. It something that only those that get discriminated know more about than those who didn't. Nothing to do with those player that already completed the content since they have not experience discriminated like those who did. Except if u did experience the discrimination, then post something that are relevant.
    Maybe, but the Main reason why ppl who finished it didnt experience this "discrimination" was because they made their own Party, instead of hopeing to beat it with a PE Pug group.

Probably but still, that doesn't really solve the problem either. If everyone that is being discriminate were to start their own group, do we have enough player to get those group filled? I doubt. There are surely bound to be players that fail to get into group. Especially if they themselves that make the group are discriminating others and looking for Top tier fotm class only. Because how hard the content is, its only a natural thing that people only wants the best group setup to maximize their chance of success. And with that again, it still falls back to the question on which class are better at performance. Subsequently, the call for class balancing.
    you are right, that doesnt solve the generall problem of class balance, only the devs can adress that, and i hope they manage to do so asap. Im just saying, that blaming class balance and therefor not even trying leads nowhere, and that it can be done even with the "worse" classes, so ppl should give it a go regardless.
  • titi227titi227 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Oh, class imbalance in cash shop games... c'mon, it's an old tactic. One or two classes are godlike so you need to change to one of those classes. What happens if you need to reroll, and if you want to get to the top fast? You spend. Money. Lots of. Look at ANY cash shop centric game releasing a new class. It's overpowered. Neverwinter did not come with a new class, just buffed some of the old classes that no one played.