Install Arc

Synergy Issue between Paladin and other healer

2»

Comments

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    kors#9447 said:

kangkeok said:

Another option is to split the incoming dmg between HP bar and Shield bar so DCs and Warlocks have something to heal and a shield cannot protect you if you have for example 5000 hp / 50K shield and you receive a 20k dmg hit.

We still have temporal hp (yellow bar) that could be there too but it could have the same mechanic. If you have temporal hp + shield the dmg could split / 3.

Just an idea.

That's a great Idea. It should elevate most of the problem if paladin shield does not absorb 100% of the damage but only part of it, making heals are still needed in keeping the hp full.
    And what about, for example, the cocoon during Arctruria's fight? A thing like that can totally breake OP healing mechanics...
    I think Its more of a change of mechanics than breaking it. The barrier is still there and its basic function are still to absorb damage. Only difference is that the damage are not absorbed first hand by barrier but rather is shared among the original hp and barrier. It may look like a nerf for arcturia cases but the barrier full value are still there to absorb the damage. At least it solve the problem that I mention in this thread. The reason I concur its not a bad idea.
    kors#9447 said:

It's a bit more complicated... It depends a lot also from other players. The healer can be a great one, but if the others are mad and get lots of damage it's easy for the "main" healer (as you said) to go out of divinity. In that case there is not a "main" and a "backup" healer. And, for what I saw in randoms, it's what happens most of the times. Both the healers are needed at the same level

Its true. Its all situational. Likewise, when u are with a good group, then that's where my context comes in.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    kors#9447 said:

All of this, to me at least, goes back to my point that a trail that requires two healers should have the mechanics to truely test two healers and their respective builds. Something that justifies the need otherwise what's the point. All three healing classes have two basic functions (irrespective a pally's addition of shields) - Heal & removing negative effects. It should be set up that (despite build/skill/mechanics knowledge) you can't avoid them all and someone or multiple team mates will get hit with something that requires fixing. If one healer is all that's required to keep a top group at full health then something needs to change. Either increase the damage, types of damage or effects that requires that second healer to step up and assist, otherwise why bother. The 'synergy' could come in the form of one healer covering the heals and the other covering or removing the Dots, negative effects, etc. It shouldn't be considered a top end trail if one healer is so disengaged as to be not needed and easily replaced with another DPS. Either add more mechanics or increase the pain. My two coppers.

Have you ever tried ToMM? As I said before... if the group posted by Thefabricant beat ToMM with only one healer it's only thanks their abilities (to dodge) and knoledge of the trial. I can assure that damages there are crazy high and it's not needed to increase them again. You can be one-shotted if you fail only once, to be clear.
    First Kor, I should have been more clear in my first statement about healer adjustments. My tongue was firmly in my cheek with that one. At first glance one could assume that one healer is over-performing and 'readjustments' might be in order and I posted what I posted, but I agree that you hit the nail on the head as to what the 'problem' actually was. In a group going through that trial, they're all skilled, probably in voice comms, with BiS gear and knowledgeable of the mechanics. Yeah, folks are going to beat it which could make someone wonder why take a healer at all of they have other remedies or can avoid the damage all together.

Second, I'm not talking about increasing the already existing damage in that trial. In fact, my proposal aren't directly in relation to that trail but to future content requiring two healers. I only bring up ToMM in what could have been done to increase the challenge as well as justify the need for a second healer when (given time, experience, and skill) one will do. I'm talking about future dungeon development where everyone, to include tanks, controllers etc should/could be tested. In a two heals configuration you can either have it where each focuses on their own team, OR, they each cover one of two roles - healing or removing negative effects. Again, why have negative effects and potentially DoTs in this game if you don't use them or they're inconsequential? Why bring another healer at all when an additional DPS will be more beneficial during the final phase? These endgame dungeons should have the party composition (all of it) stressed to its limits - Tanks busting backsides to keep aggro, DPS laying waste to things while trying not to get taken out and healers trying keep their players alive and effects free. That's what I'm talking about. Now obviously ToMM is not doing that but maybe the next dungeon, trial, skirmish, world ending event will do that.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac