test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Barbarian serious feedback

dyukillerdyukiller Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Playing as a gwf since game launch, i see myself in a dilema, either i keep farming and accepting my fate as weak dps or give up of my stuff and turn into a god dam tank.

barbarians are slower than others classes, most of end games players simply gave up about mount bonus, as soon as they reach the caps, assasin convenat, combatent manevour, and cavaly warning became useless, so is pretty easy to find them using gladiators guile x3 and x2 no bonus with the cheapest dominance\brutality insignias on AH, it means the they are 90% with gladiators active while Barbie drain his stamina fast as hell, in the end they are able to be faster than a barbie even tho barbie can run, to complete the package, braverly was change to speed buff works only in combat and battle fury no longer give us stamina refil.

barbarians are weaker than others classes, An half orc, brute, and dragon born, full str and con, str and dex, hold a giant sword, a massive axe or a goddam hammer should ripe enemies in half, at wills doesn't seems to hurt enemies, encounters have long animations, ridiculous magnitude and the best encounter hurt your self (jesus ),
paragons is nonsense, not so fast... combo with trample of fallen... ok,but does not build rage enough, roar build rage actvate TOF, but does not have any parago to buff it, myght leap is a complete joke.
choose between bloodspliter ans IBS almost the only ones that worth use, decent magnitude and cooldown, means only one gets buffed.
avalanche of steel and spin is bullsh*t, AOS cant hit hard in AOE but why but 2 AOE dailies? why not crescendo? 1 aoe and 1 single target, and the last feat ahahahaha got stuned or lose 5% dmg, i reather do not choose any.

Barbie can not TANK, many bosses and enemies have aoe skills, like second and the last boss on lomm, paladins and gf have dailies that protect allies, and theres no such skill\ daily on barbie talents, and the only good buff that could be used: enemies take 10% more dmg what barbie hit it with takedown WHILE in rage, is on the same colum of not so fast speed buff, enduring shout has 27 seconds of cooldown and have no propose once healers have 40% + out going heal and can heal a full health in a single bow, this could at least give party members CA for few seconds like daring shout used to do.

companions

Im in thouch with a great numbers of barbarians by telegram\whatsapp and discord, and all of then can't understand why we have 3 defese and 1 utility and only 1 offence, what in name of god dev were thinking about when they create this?

It should be changed when you choose your paragon, tank 3 defences, Dps 3 offences.

what the devs are trying to create is an OFF tank, a character middle thats help the gf\op and help the dps buffing\ debuffing, THAT NEVER GONNA WORK MY FRIEND,
ONLY BECAUSE NW DOESN'T HAVE PLACE TO SUCH CHAR.

They will pick up a tank GF \ OP - a healer DC\op and 1 hr that probably will be the paingiver, and 2 cw.
TR if there's no cw avaible, SW never and barbie if they need some one to complete the queue requiriment.

imo, if you change the companions slots and barbarian will match the level of others dsp

Comments

• Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The class needs a lot of work. I feel like they did so well for a while that they are just giving the barbarian their turn at being low man on the dps totem pole. The problem is that they lose a lot of players when they do these types of things. I have stopped playing my barbarian in the mean while as the class is viable in solo play only and not really in any multi player content. I have all of the other classes to play well right now.

They also will need more changes to improve than the companion slots. They will need to make all of the feats viable at all times like other classes and some improvements to damage or movement in the future to make them viable again.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    If going to stick us with 3 def slots on comps, need more than 68 options. Off comps get 92. Hopefully they fix the stamina drain.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    dyukiller said:

barbarians are slower than others classes, most of end games players simply gave up about mount bonus, as soon as they reach the caps, assasin convenat, combatent manevour, and cavaly warning became useless, so is pretty easy to find them using gladiators guile x3 and x2 no bonus with the cheapest dominance\brutality insignias on AH, it means the they are 90% with gladiators active while Barbie drain his stamina fast as hell, in the end they are able to be faster than a barbie even tho barbie can run, to complete the package, braverly was change to speed buff works only in combat and battle fury no longer give us stamina refil.

Gladiator's guile is hardly new and there is nothing to stop a Barbarian from stacking it 2 or 3 times .... then you are just as fast as everyone else. Maybe not faster ... but just as fast.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    @kiraskytower, yes everyone has Guile. But guile only makes you faster when stamina is over 75%. The moment a barb touches their stamina, its below 75%. So you instantly lose guile speed. The stamina is one of the main problems with the barb. Even running elven battle doesn't keep the stamina that much.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

dyukiller said:

Gladiator's guile is hardly new and there is nothing to stop a Barbarian from stacking it 2 or 3 times .... then you are just as fast as everyone else. Maybe not faster ... but just as fast.
    The problem isn't we aren't as fast. The problem is we need our stamina when sprinting to last longer. I can stack 5x GG and still have the same crappy movement speed. I have to have sprint up to get to the mobs and into position while also using it to get out of the way of the red/stun/prone/knock back/knock up effects. The jumping attack we have is a joke. All it does is lower our dps potential. We are limited on what we have to stay in melee combat next to mobs.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    That's why Punishing Charge is BiS....

I run guile and have 5 points in the movement boon also. I have no problems keeping up with the group...
  • Options

That's why Punishing Charge is BiS....

I run guile and have 5 points in the movement boon also. I have no problems keeping up with the group...

The problem isn't keeping up with the group. The issue is having to reposition in the fight and the best classes right now have better mechanics to do damage and reposition. By the time you get your stacks up to attack something they are either dead or running away from you. A maxed out HR/TR/CW's AoE attacks can put an entire group below 50% hp and even kill the small things while putting everything below 75% hp. If there are two of those classes in the fight your not getting to fight except at bosses or meager killing of some mobs that they leave you. They went from causing players grief by running ahead to now having the same thing done to them because they really don't have much to add to an end game group in terms of dps. Their dps is slow to come out, requires stacking to get good damage numbers and are balanced as a dps class as if they have full rage all of the time. Their burst damage is lower than a CW/TR/HR/F/DC and only the SW is in a similar place.

The only reason that punishing charge is good is cause you are using a skill to reposition yourself. Your essentially giving up 1 of your encounters to be next to things. It also sounds like your also attacking before the tank initiates as well.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    The problem I see is that players need to relearn how to play as a Barbarian DPS. Instead of being first in and first out of the fight because you ran ahead and killed everything before anyone else got there now you have to play the way other classes have been playing since the game came out; waiting for the tank to go into the fight and than positioning yourself to get into proper range.

As for the mechanics for each class and its damage potential; this was the first pass to fix the long time issues of class balance. It is a step in the right direction and will take time to fix and balance out the game. IMO though striving for class balance is a waste as balancing occurs at a sparring target and never in content do to variables in content that can alter how a class actually performs.

For instance longer fights Clerics take a damage loss trying to maintain divinity but a warlock will have an easier time with soul sparks. These mechanics are added to each class and IMO we would hear less on the warlock front if enemies health were not adjusted downward as they would have had the time to build the sparks to do more damage and clerics would produce less damage do to maintaining divinity making these two classes closer in damage.

The problem I see with balancing ATM is that the devs have nerfed enemies health and that has made classes less balanced. More health for enemies would have given barbarian, warlock, etc.. extra time to do their fair share in damage.

• Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I made a long -barb feedback comment- here the other day, and I quoted the guy (not gonna name him again) who made the changes to barb for m16, the comment was deleted after a few mins. I'm done with this

At this point just play another class
  • Options
    ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    At this point we are mediocre dps at best and 3rd choice for tank. I dont really have an idea any more what build to try or what changes are needed to make us come close to wanted dps for end game groups.
    Can we dps? Sure, but 3 classes at least do it better (by far).
    Can we tank? Sure, but 2 classes do it better.
    Better stamina would be a step at the right direction, same as 3 offense companion slots.
    Would that be enough? No idea. But would give us a fighting chance at least.
    So far i wouldnt recommend making a new barbarian or keeping barb as main and investing much in it.
    There are much better choices and who knows when and if any fix is on a way. Could be mods till we see any changes.
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @ravenkkin said:
    > At this point we are mediocre dps at best and 3rd choice for tank. I dont really have an idea any more what build to try or what changes are needed to make us come close to wanted dps for end game groups.
    > Can we dps? Sure, but 3 classes at least do it better (by far).
    > Can we tank? Sure, but 2 classes do it better.
    > Better stamina would be a step at the right direction, same as 3 offense companion slots.
    > Would that be enough? No idea. But would give us a fighting chance at least.
    > So far i wouldnt recommend making a new barbarian or keeping barb as main and investing much in it.
    > There are much better choices and who knows when and if any fix is on a way. Could be mods till we see any changes.

I have been a GF main since early beta (may 2013 I think) and I always wanted to build a proper tank GWF. In its current form, the barbarian sentinel is 100% awesome.
    I find it very strange that you think that the Fighter is a better tank than Barbarian in content currently available to us, as I find the Barbarian faster and more "fun" to play than the Fighter.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @midnightita said:
    > I made a long -barb feedback comment- here the other day, and I quoted the guy (not gonna name him again) who made the changes to barb for m16, the comment was deleted after a few mins. I'm done with this
    >
    > At this point just play another class

If you were editing your post at the time, it was a bug with the forum software. Contact a mod to get it restored.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ravenkkin said:

At this point we are mediocre dps at best and 3rd choice for tank. I dont really have an idea any more what build to try or what changes are needed to make us come close to wanted dps for end game groups.
    Can we dps? Sure, but 3 classes at least do it better (by far).
    Can we tank? Sure, but 2 classes do it better.
    Better stamina would be a step at the right direction, same as 3 offense companion slots.
    Would that be enough? No idea. But would give us a fighting chance at least.
    So far i wouldnt recommend making a new barbarian or keeping barb as main and investing much in it.
    There are much better choices and who knows when and if any fix is on a way. Could be mods till we see any changes.

determination gain by atwills solve dps and tank. today we generete 1,5% rage per atwill - 3% feated - no matter the number of targets. that means, you need 33 attacks - or 17 feated - to active battle rage... OR wait your encounters to do something little better than that. If up to 5 rage - 10 rage if feated - and, maybe, put one extra rage per target, lets say, a max 5 targets, you will need between 10/5 hits to active battle rage (5-3 feated). if not enough for bladmasters, just improve battlerage damage bonus too (more 15% for encounters).

"oh, but i dont have problems to active battle rage", yes, using encounters. now you can save your encounters to use when battle rage is active, dealing more damage.
  • Options
    skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Barbarians have trouble with AoE? Lol no.. Barbs can wipe trash no problem. It's single target that we (I) lose out on..

You can build rage attacking air (at least for now). So if you're going into boss fights without it, thats on you..

I PC into the biggest enemy, not so fast the henchmen, relentless strike and end with bloodletter. If I get to relentless, it's over pretty much.
  • Options
    bajancloakbajancloak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    I agree that Barbarians make good tanks. I have run quite a few LOMM with Barbie Tanks and they had no issues whatsoever.

However I still think having additional offensive slots will increase our damage. E.g. Nearly every Barbarian is running Deepcrow for the +8000 power. But what does that have us missing out on? The % damage increase in atwills from Siege Master? What about the Batri's bonus against bosses? Wizards and Rouges can make use of them all whereas we can only have one.
  • Options
    @bajancloak, absolutely correct. Not only do we get less comps for def(68) than offense(92) or utility(77), we get worse options. Get comps with effects like rust monster(10% only on encounters), bullete pup, astral deva, elemental air cultist, chicken(bugged), bear cub(nice but only 6 secs every 30), frozen galeb duhr. Not only that, there's 2 comps that give more stat than others: zhentherim warlock(16 HP/4k combat adv), and wandering scarecrow(8k arm pen/2k def). Both are usable only by Off/Util slots. Level the field, bad enough barbs get stuck with low generating rage, horrible feats, super drain on the stamina, and ridiculously low AP gain.
  • Options
    dallas777#8624 dallas777 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ive played Barbarian since PS4 has had Neverwinter one of the original ones .25000K Item level and completed all campaigns didn't buy out any .. I will say one or 2 things here .. The Barvarian is challenging and alot of work its always been a melee class close range..Hidden daggers was really only good range attack it ever had.Axestorm is one i use now its ok but doesnt stack the da,age and u dont get the buff u got from the daggers i dont mind the defense class my power pushing 160k ..The stamina yes is issue u r melle u should be able to move out of aoe range but .. hard to do when getting mobbed by multiple enemies ..if u have good tank this is not a problem .I dont pull aggro then ..2 defense.. 2 offense and 1 utility would work for me .. BUt main thing as i said all dps classes are long range except for Barbarian and way we are set up now it is difficult to play .. But managable if u have the right group.. :) Hopefully they tweak stamin a bit and give us 1 more offense since we are mellee and need to get out of range of aoes .. other dps dont even have to worry about that stuff there to far away ..:) Happy slaying all
  • Options
    Phase spider of 4k combat adv/2k crit is good comp? OK. Fey Panther of 4k accuracy/2k combat? really? Red Slaad, 4k arm/ 2k acc. Having to slot a phase spider for the 4k crit, when any other class can slot a Zhentherim Warlock for 4k combat and 16k HP. Really?
  • Options
    A lot of things need fixed. Stamina should be first and foremost. Rage should be next. Needs a rework. Maybe start meter at half the bar, and to get "full" dps, have to generate. Fighter the same. Change the feats. Offer 3 options at least on each of the 5, and each encounter and class feature should be on a "feat". 10 encounters, 5 dailies, 4 at wills, 8 class features. Make it so all have a viability or a purpose and not just a filler on the encounters that no one uses. Adding encounters/atwills would help, but if feats reworked, might not be as big of an issue. Companions next. All of it adds up. Small changes to each will help.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Barbarians have trouble with AoE? Lol no.. Barbs can wipe trash no problem. It's single target that we (I) lose out on..

You can build rage attacking air (at least for now). So if you're going into boss fights without it, thats on you..

I PC into the biggest enemy, not so fast the henchmen, relentless strike and end with bloodletter. If I get to relentless, it's over pretty much.

Think of the AoE when it comes to end game like LoMM and compare it to other classes. That is where the AoE comment stems from.
  • Options

The problem I see is that players need to relearn how to play as a Barbarian DPS. Instead of being first in and first out of the fight because you ran ahead and killed everything before anyone else got there now you have to play the way other classes have been playing since the game came out; waiting for the tank to go into the fight and than positioning yourself to get into proper range.

As for the mechanics for each class and its damage potential; this was the first pass to fix the long time issues of class balance. It is a step in the right direction and will take time to fix and balance out the game. IMO though striving for class balance is a waste as balancing occurs at a sparring target and never in content do to variables in content that can alter how a class actually performs.

For instance longer fights Clerics take a damage loss trying to maintain divinity but a warlock will have an easier time with soul sparks. These mechanics are added to each class and IMO we would hear less on the warlock front if enemies health were not adjusted downward as they would have had the time to build the sparks to do more damage and clerics would produce less damage do to maintaining divinity making these two classes closer in damage.

The problem I see with balancing ATM is that the devs have nerfed enemies health and that has made classes less balanced. More health for enemies would have given barbarian, warlock, etc.. extra time to do their fair share in damage.

I don't think your first part of that is really a good point to be stating for all barbarian. The issue isn't that we just need to learn to play better. The issue is that no matter how we play we are outclassed in all ways we play by most classes in the game. The next part is that is the best way to play the most fun way to play the class? I would say that the class and what I see as them trying to make us into an off tank is the reason that we just don't work well. If we are supposed to be this semi tank/semi dps class it just won't work out well for us in the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    ... in fact, i see cws runing ahead in every possible content. the diference between both is, gwfs are made to do that, but cant today like before. so... or some class need some buffs or a certain one need be nerfed until the "learn to play" stage.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I don't think your first part of that is really a good point to be stating for all barbarian. The issue isn't that we just need to learn to play better. The issue is that no matter how we play we are outclassed in all ways we play by most classes in the game. The next part is that is the best way to play the most fun way to play the class? I would say that the class and what I see as them trying to make us into an off tank is the reason that we just don't work well. If we are supposed to be this semi tank/semi dps class it just won't work out well for us in the game.
    Off tank? That isn't a thing any more. You are a tank, healer or a damage dealer. If you want to state off tank, any healer or damage dealer can be the off tank as long as they have the HP and defensive stats to take the hits. My wizard is the tank when I run with 3 other damage dealers in LoMM as I have the HP & defensive stats to hold my own. So the argument of being the off tank is garbage. The barbarian has two roles tank and damage dealer.

Since this discussion is about the damage dealer side let's talk about that. First I hear about the impact the companion bonus has. As I already pointed out that the barbarian does have a slight power loss, which equates to some damage loss when compared to four of the five other damage dealer classes. The cleric is in the same boat as the barbarian as it also doesn't have 3 offensive companion bonuses. The extra power that is gained is around 4-8K. This can have a marginal impact to overall damage. If you are over 100K power, and most I imagine are at that or well over that, that 4-8K extra power is less impactful than if you had under 100K power.

The bigger issue is getting into melee range and being able to build up rage to get those bigger harder hits. If that is a concern lets talk about adding a slight speed boost to the class at the start of combat for 10 seconds, similar to the Orc speed boost. The other thing is modifying how quickly you get your into rage or whatever its called to get the harder hits. Now with a quicker build up to rage your rage hits will do less damage if you can activate it more often. This is similar to how encounters work with cool downs; if you want faster cool downs your encounters will do less damage.

The one item that I think many players are forgetting is that the each class when balancing was being done was done when enemies had more health. That is why I made my comment that if enemies health were not adjusted to be lower I think the issue between each class wouldn't be as serve as it is now. Do to how enemies health have been lowered it has negatively impacted a few class. I believe the classes that were most negatively impacted are the barbarian, warlock and fighter.

IMO mod 16 class fixes didn't need to happen. What we did need was some adjustments to the game; however, what we got seriously broke the game IMO. It is less fun and engaging now for me as wizard. To me the wizards now are easier to play than previously. The wizard class to me is just as boring right now as a GWF was in mod 15 and other earlier mods. In older mods GWF was stupid easy and boring for me and that is how I'm viewing wizards, rangers, and rogues ATM. The only classes I'm enjoying are the ones that produce less damage and have some type of mechanic you need to use to ensure maximum damage such as the cleric divinity.

I hope the devs can give you want seem to want; to be top damage dealer again because that is what I'm hearing more than a list of items that need to be fixed that can make the class better. I just see complaints and not solutions to the problem. In the future include a solution to the problem so the devs can at least consider it as a probable fix when they decide to tweak the class.

For instance we need to get in range to do our damage please provide the Barbarian Swordmaster a speed boost at the start of combat for 10 seconds. It takes a while to build up rage, please double how fast rage builds up and to counter how often we get rage please reduce the damage of our attacks to offset the quicker build up of rage.

What may help also is that there are unresolved code issues with other classes allowing them to be stronger than they are; if those get fixed that may help balancing out as well.

As for balancing please keep in mind it is done at a sparring target and when you run content when you see at a sparring target may not be what actually happens in a dungeon do to variables.

• Options
    " if you want faster cool downs your encounters will do less damage. ..."

so what about a encounter that damage you too? we have a lot of class features/feats that ignore this rule.

letme give a total picture to solve bladmasters.

1 - what i said about rage per atwill for bladmasters/sentinels

2 - that can solve a lot of problems in this thread: give to battle rage, not a general damage buff, but a flat damage bonus for your next encounter, expiring our battle rage like happens to sentinels using primal fury (feated).

example: like daggers, battle rage improve your next encounter damage by, lets say, 250 magnitude. for a aoe power, like axes(350 magnitude) that is more than 70% of the value, for a full ibs, only 31% (but still a buff).

now, lets put that: change one bad class feature/feat by a extra stack of that flat bonus. that means, instead to hit one encounter by extra 250 magnitude, 2. or instead of that, your encounters no longer expire battle rage, but that battle rage bonus down to 150 and so on (what justify the extra time using escalating rage/unstoppable spin creating a super combo to relentless speed). ignoring the numbers, but looking the concept, that is the way to fix gwfs.

encounters hitting hard by some conditions, atwills more important than before, but dealing less damage, etc.
  • Options
    @mebengalsfan, you can call it a small power loss from companions, and DC has same issues...but ignore that DC gets a 2 off/2 utility, so they are not in same boat. 1 def spot. And saying people need to learn to play? Most are talking about experiences in LOMM or other content. I don't stand at target dummy and ask HR/cw's to stand there and see who hits it harder. I see stamina drain and dps in content. And if your advice on "learning to play" is similar to fighter views, like saying ITF helps make you keep up to faster teammates.....yeah by staying behind so they don't get ITF buff.....brilliant. But not exactly a good fix or solving anything.
    Yes, power is more valuable if under 100k power...but you're being very general there and acting like a big diminish. At 100k, 2k power is 1%, at 150k 2.5k is 1 %. Saying most are around 150k, we still lose %. At 100k, 4k would be 2%. At 150k, 4k would be 1.6%. To say that isn't enough to matter, then why are people running the kiuno and heels for the 3%, and lose 5k power, and noticing a diff. And that's saying we lose only 4k. Getting stuck with 3 def comps that have 4k/2k stats on the majority of the 68 offered is a joke. I would like to try combo's with siegemaster and others, but we can't.
    Run a few CODG, and you see it. On most groups, the elevator is not bad, we're involved. By tentacles, we might hit 1-2 out of the 8. On the last 2 phases I go from threatening top dps, to getting crushed by top 2, and usually finish 3rd. I agree that enemies need more life, but if that doesn't happen, we are always going to be slower generating our DPS at the beginning of the fights, at least compared to other classes geared the same.
  • Options
    There's multiple things they can change. Make the attacks 5-10% faster, wouldn't have so many death before impacts on encounters. Don't make unstoppable only attainable through a broken rage system, and then offer a feat that doubles the low rate of gain, only to take 5% off unstoppable dps(1/3). Shouldn't be designed to be reliant on sacrificing DPS on the basic class feature like that, because they killed the gain. Make more feats, and actually allow people to make a build, instead of 10 options, only 4 of which key on the 10 encounters, 2 on the 5 dailies, and none on the at wills. The comps, leave it at 3 def if they have to, but make some of the off/util available to def. DC's don't get 3 off...they get 2 and 2 utility. Again, make it so people have some options to slot a 2nd utility comp or off, or make some of them playable on the def slots. Let people tinker with builds and combinations. Other classes get 4 off/utility, we get 2. A few small changes will help.