Options

Scheduled Maintenance [4/26]

2»

Comments

• Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @robertthebard said:
    >
    > Here's the thing you're missing, this is in response to me quitting 5 years ago, because the game was too easy.
    > It is impossible to run content in a game that was not added to the game for another year, or so, afterI quit.

??????
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

patch broke Castle Never, the portal phase enemies no longer deal excessive damage, but apparently one from each portal Is now missing, my team individually went into the 5 portals and killed all the enemies, the portals only got to 80%, then nothing happened. we used the killme function and tried to go in all as a group to see if that made a difference, it didn't. something is wrong.

Can Confirm, Guildmate had the exact same problem about a hour after patch. Could not advance through the dungeon past the portals, had to abandon. You broke CN completely, well done.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

> @robertthebard said:

>

> Here's the thing you're missing, this is in response to me quitting 5 years ago, because the game was too easy.

> It is impossible to run content in a game that was not added to the game for another year, or so, afterI quit.

??????

When I quit, the level cap was 60. What level 70 content could I have run? Throwing that out here now, knowing that content wasn't available is the biggest strawman I have ever seen, and I've been on the internet for a couple of decades and change.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    aratech said:

patch broke Castle Never, the portal phase enemies no longer deal excessive damage, but apparently one from each portal Is now missing, my team individually went into the 5 portals and killed all the enemies, the portals only got to 80%, then nothing happened. we used the killme function and tried to go in all as a group to see if that made a difference, it didn't. something is wrong.

LOL.

What's the old song? "Ninety nine little bugs in the code, ninety nine little bugs, you take one down, patch it around, one-hundred-twenty-seven little bugs in the code!"
    So funny and so true!!!
  • Options
    night0raven#5470 night0raven Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Bravo maintenance on friday at 9pm!!! ... good IT practice, exactly when most of your user base is using you platform.... Not impress.
  • Options

Bravo maintenance on friday at 9pm!!! ... good IT practice, exactly when most of your user base is using you platform.... Not impress.

Yes, because hot fixing things that are adversely affecting the community at large is always a bad thing, especially right before the weekend, when a lot of players may want to participate in something that is broken. :o
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2019

It's actually VERY GOOD PRACTICE. Now the community can enjoy playing a better game this weekend. And if my hunch is spot on, we are about to see quite a few more patches. Cryptic is doing good things the last few days after an obviously fumbled mod launch.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User

@dionchi

I have complained about content being too easy; I quit the game for 5 years for that very reason. I didn't come back specifically for this expansion, but I am not disappointed that it's happening, and serious issues, such as what's being covered here, need to be addressed. Anything that's found to not be working as it's supposed to should be fixed. However, there is no patch that can be released by any developer anywhere that can force solo stars to play as a part of the team, and this is what will add to some player's issues in leveling content. It's even highlighted as an issue in your posts. The devs can't fix this, and players using the queue are always, and have always been at the mercy of the queue system.

Did you ever stop to think, "Hey, if I use ONLY rank 5 or 6 Enchants, use gear LOWER than my level, NOT ride an Epic mount that maybe the game would have been a LOT more "challenging". Just saying.
    It never ceases to amaze me that players are BIS or fairly close, and then complain it's TO EASY! LOL
    Did you really not realize that better gear, higher ranked enchants etc. etc. would make the game EASIER? Just curious.
    Pre-Mod 16 gave us a CHOICE to play easy, moderate OR Difficult, it was YOUR CHOICE.. well, now it's THEIR Choice.
    The more choices you have, whether in life or in a game is ALWAYS a good thing. Just saying, NOT criticizing or judging.
  • Options

@dionchi

I have complained about content being too easy; I quit the game for 5 years for that very reason. I didn't come back specifically for this expansion, but I am not disappointed that it's happening, and serious issues, such as what's being covered here, need to be addressed. Anything that's found to not be working as it's supposed to should be fixed. However, there is no patch that can be released by any developer anywhere that can force solo stars to play as a part of the team, and this is what will add to some player's issues in leveling content. It's even highlighted as an issue in your posts. The devs can't fix this, and players using the queue are always, and have always been at the mercy of the queue system.

Did you ever stop to think, "Hey, if I use ONLY rank 5 or 6 Enchants, use gear LOWER than my level, NOT ride an Epic mount that maybe the game would have been a LOT more "challenging". Just saying.
    It never ceases to amaze me that players are BIS or fairly close, and then complain it's TO EASY! LOL
    Did you really not realize that better gear, higher ranked enchants etc. etc. would make the game EASIER? Just curious.
    Pre-Mod 16 gave us a CHOICE to play easy, moderate OR Difficult, it was YOUR CHOICE.. well, now it's THEIR Choice.
    The more choices you have, whether in life or in a game is ALWAYS a good thing. Just saying, NOT criticizing or judging.
    It really amazes me how easy it is to assume that because you're fine with something, everyone should just accept it. I had shiny purple gear, with level 5 and 6 enchants, when I logged my previously capped (60) toon in. This, of course, does not address the issue that getting to 60 and getting fully geared was way too easy. The disclaimer is a nice touch, but you are, of course criticizing and judging, or you wouldn't have felt the need to quote me and then criticize and judge. It wasn't "end game", it was the entire game. There were other issues, such as limited classes, which is still an issue, if you were to ask me, especially for a game with D&D in the title, but this is easily overlooked, if one is enjoying the ride. I wasn't. I wasn't enjoying the ezmode on my then capped toon, and I wasn't enjoying the ride on the way to the cap, because it was over the top easy.

The hilarious advice that I was give earlier to "run lvl 70 content" that hadn't been added yet is almost as good as this advice. I could have run the content naked and not felt like it was worth the time to keep going. I'm giving this a fair shot, because some of the content is indeed a bit harder to do, but frankly, when you could cap 4 toons in three weeks w/out trying very hard, and have them all "end game" geared, what's the point?