Options

4/25/2019 maint. see forum...and?

says on the log in client, maint. on 24 april 'see forum'
ok looking at forum and seeing......................zip
Whads up?

Comments

• Options
    taylaamogintaylaamogin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Same and I can't find anything anywhere...
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Launcher message was posted prior to final patch notes being made available - launch message is uploaded by a completely different team (netops) than the one that handles the writing of patch notes (production). The posting of patch notes and forum messaging is posted by a third team (me).
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ya they good at tha.... ps4 still aint seen the patch notes for yesterday ( tues) maint an upon readin pc patch notes still aint evn nutin on the zax cap raise that i noticed.... but was already confirmed b moder tues eve after maint had been done an game was back up a while.... ya they good at that kinda stuff ( or any confirm's on the other thread rumors i seen on the coupons from invoke bags being no more.... or evn if that was intended or not an all 3 plats at same times intended like zax cap or not)
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

ya they good at tha.... ps4 still aint seen the patch notes for yesterday ( tues) maint an upon readin pc patch notes still aint evn nutin on the zax cap raise that i noticed.... but was already confirmed b moder tues eve after maint had been done an game was back up a while.... ya they good at that kinda stuff ( or any confirm's on the other thread rumors i seen on the coupons from invoke bags being no more.... or evn if that was intended or not an all 3 plats at same times intended like zax cap or not)

Per this post https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1247350/

Neverwinter on Xbox One and PS4 will have its regular weekly maintenance from 7am to 9am PT. This is only a restart (no patch notes).
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    if this is the case then why was there no mention of the zax cap raise? unless i missedit in pc patch notes....
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2019

if this is the case then why was there no mention of the zax cap raise? unless i missedit in pc patch notes....

That did not require a patch, though I agree it should have been better publized. With everything else going on, I can see how it slipped past without a word.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The biggest change to the economy in recent years, that also impact the zen market and the paying population could have been "past without a word"? I don't buy that, at all. This is a major change, not just a typo corrected...
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    This MOD should have never seen the light of day until it was ready. The shroud of darkness surrounding the zax cap raise MUST have been planned and discussed. Swing and a miss on the communication piece.

These are the signs of a mismanaged game. We are 6 years into this. I really hope you guys come out STRONG, quickly, and correct this (I'm sorry) massive fumble. There IS time.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

That did not require a patch, though I agree it should have been better publized. With everything else going on, I can see how it slipped past without a word.
    While it didn't require a patch, one could argue that the Zen cap change has the potential to be one of the top changes this week that will have long lasting effects on the game. To have it "slip by" and miss being added to patch notes seems highly suspect.

I would imagine that it slipped by on purpose to avoid an immediate rush to the Zen exchange by daytraders.

What's even more concerning is that, yet again, the console market suffers due to something that was supposed to "fix" a PC-only issue.
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The zax thing is kinda funny (in a not so funny way), not sure what it was supposed to fix, the backlog is steadily rising to what it was before the patch, 1/3 of the way there last I checked and that was yesterday, 2 days in.

With the way random queues are with scaling-, it's actually much harder to get ad. So it will be interesting to see what happens as some free ad starts to deplete in the market. I'm never studied economics, but I'm thinking that this move just devalues ad for items that are in the zen market (like wards), and devalues zen for items not in the zen market (like unbound dungeon drops). Seems like a lose/lose to me, idk.