test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Sunset

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

As of today, April 11, the Foundry has been sunset on Neverwinter and Star Trek Online. You can read the original announcement post here. All the content related to the Foundry has been removed from the games. For Neverwinter, this means:
  • Quests, Contacts, and Achievements related to the Foundry have been removed.
  • Completed achievement points will be retained.
  • Foundry Achievement rewards are no longer available. We are working on making previously-obtained rewards reclaimable in the RCA. We have no immediate plans to make the achievement rewards available through other means at this time.
In addition, we will be manually granting the Title and Cloak recognition rewards to qualifying players. If you qualified, please check the Reward Claims Agent over the next few days. As a reminder, players who played 10 or more Foundry missions before February 28, 2019 will receive a Foundry-related title and players who published 10 or more Foundry missions before February 28, 2019 will receive a cape with the Foundry logo.

For additional questions or concerns, please reach out to Customer Support.

Comments

• Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Customer support to be ignored... ya nice one
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Just FYI. Only the ones who published all those "Fast Foundry" or "Fast B3t4 R3v13w" etc. garbage quests will qualify for the cloak. I know someone who even has the Book Imp companion (legit author) who wouldn't qualify. That doesn't seem right to me. She (not me) deserves better.

Now, all that said... what I really want (what I've always wanted), is a special redcap companion :love: .

(C'mon, you had to know *that* was coming :lol: )
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Our foundry tips vanished, I'm not sure if they were added to my AD total or not (I have a lot of AD right now and it is not a round number). Does anyone know if it was added or simply taken from us? In the last hours a number of players were showing their appreciation for our work.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I just noticed something odd as well. Last night I earned Foundry Stalwart, and my main has the title. However, none of my alts an claim it. When I switch to an alt they get all of the other Foundry Authoring achievements I earned except for that one.

It's definitely a problem since the patch, because I have one alt to which I managed to switch before the shutdown this morning and she has the new title available.

I created a new alt and didn't get several other Foundry authoring titles or achievements, nor did I get the two cloaks I had earned. Something is broken somewhere...
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Enjoy. To me it sounds really fitting.

Bíonn blas ar an mbeagán.
  • Options
    pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Everything that made this game unique from the portal to the doggie adventures to this is being removed.

Very sad decline.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Terrible decision. The Foundry should have been a FOCAL POINT from game launch to today, not the ONCE OFF development project that it was. It needed to be improved and made more part of the game each MOD.

Basically, the Foundry stayed in ALPHA MODE for 6 years until its demise. I remember playing a part in the initial development and testing. I'm positive you will recover game wide after this not-ready-for-prime-time MOD, but THIS DECISION to relegate the game's UGC content will always be a stain on this game, which will be carried by many of the content creators themselves who gave their immense time and effort.

No cape or other digital candy will replace the potential of just how good the Foundry could have been.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    .. and the protocol you are setting to "reward" QUANTITY over QUALITY just shows how little thought is going into this.

Why not poll the community for the best QUALITY FOUNDRY packs, and give recognition to those who really put the time in and most benefited the community? THEN give a lesser reward to everyone else who created a Foundry pack.

That way you reward the best, and thank the rest. Win win.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    gamesbx90#4393 gamesbx90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi
  • Options
    lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Answer:Greed....no money in it...delete it.
  • Options
    nachtwanderernachtwanderer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sad that you did this. It was something unique. It brought Neverwinter Nights to mind, in it's ability for Players to develop content.
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    ill miss foundry, it was one of the best parts of both games for a long time

at least i still have the AE in city of heroes reborn i guess but its sad to see games going backwards and removing key functionality particularly when its role playing functionality in a "MMORPG"
  • Options
    cathrosecathrose Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I miss foundry so much too. Nw was in golden age with it.
    If you dont have a budget for a foundry to keep it on servers, why dont you reactivate that system for paid subscription? I readed that some people made that idea before but on different forum.
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    cathrose said:

I miss foundry so much too. Nw was in golden age with it.
    If you dont have a budget for a foundry to keep it on servers, why dont you reactivate that system for paid subscription? I readed that some people made that idea before but on different forum.

Monetizing the Foundry would be a good way to increase capital, but I digress.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Over a year later and this thread never made it out of page 1.

I would think that says whether it was actually worth their time to try and save the foundry.
  • Options
    ankhornankhorn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I played STO some time ago and built an entire story-line of quests for it. I put months into it. It was an awesome tool which made STO the best game available at the time. I came back to MMOs after working overseas for 8 years and started NW, purely because of the foundry and discovered it was gone. I was pretty sad and angry. SO much work. SO much energy.

This is a great loss. When I find another game that gives any real creative freedom, you can bet your dollars I will be going there immediately. I'm a writer and director in real life and my quests kick the HAMSTER out of 60% of the official cheese-content here, that is supposed to be D&D/ High fantasy. Acquisitions Incorporated? Really? Don't mix your cheesy American corporate capitalism with your feudalism. Not one person I have met enjoyed that nonsense.

How can you pretend its a role playing game when role playing is discouraged, ignored and and even made fun of? Catering to the lowest common denominator. I guess it's a business. And this is why we can't have nice things.

~Neverwinter Foooools!!!!