test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Ranger

Comments

• kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I can't repro your Thorn Ward melee weapon interaction. Not by following your steps, or through any combination of training weapons or no weapon. Did you do anything other than what you said earlier?
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User

I can't repro your Thorn Ward melee weapon interaction. Not by following your steps, or through any combination of training weapons or no weapon. Did you do anything other than what you said earlier?

Yes, it's hard to repro.
    At least I cannot make it repro 100% of the time.
    While I'm testing stuff I'm swapping weapons from time to time.
    That's how I noticed that something went wrong.
    As nothing changes except for weapons + stance change, that means that there is some problem related to weapons and/or stance change.

Anyways, I recorded a vid for you. I will upload it tomorrow, now going to sleep.
    ABSOLUTE
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Hey guys, I've copied my post from our class forums to move it here to see what others might think.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246348/mod-16-ranger/p5

So with the changes to how stats work with the new update on preview it will make Min/Maxing a pain in the HAMSTER.

Currently on preview my lvl 80 Menzo renagade has

Ilvl - 21400

Str - 24
    Con - 14
    Dex - 32
    Int - 12
    Wis - 14
    Cha - 14

Hp 193,342

Power - 104,598
    Arpen - 65,088
    Def - 43,653
    Crit Strike - 96,599
    Crit Resist - 30,073
    Accuracy 30,227
    Deflect - 25,570
    Combat Adv - 46,106
    Awareness - 27,419
    Companion inf - 33.6%
    Crit Sev - 147.5%
    Magic dmg boost - 3%
    Physical dmg boost - 6%

Maxed Legendary Companions with 15% bolster w/ 3x +5 Bold companion gear
    Using Swarm Mount power
    All Epic Mount Insignias, using only of Skill or Dominance
    Running full rank 15's Black Ice

I have the new seal armor and rings w/ Mountaineer weapons, I have not yet got the new neck and Belt or any new artifacts.

My above stats are setting in the Protector's Enclave so thats all unbuffed

The new lvl 70 stats needed is

Arpen @ 57k
    Acc @ 57k
    Crit @ 57k
    CA @ 97k
    Def @ 57k
    Deflect @ 57k
    CR @ 62k
    Aware @ 67k

I don't know what the lvl 80 stats are for max but just looking at the lvl 70

I need to drop

8k Arpen
    39k Crit

And gain

Def - 12.5k
    CR - 32k
    Acc - 27k
    Deflect - 31.5k
    CA @ 51k
    Aware @ 39.5k

Just impossible. I went with a pure offensive build when I lvled this guy to 80 I literally can't reduce any defensive stats. I'm not concerned with survival atm nothing was a challenge leveling, However it seems almost impossible to cap even the lvl 70 offensive stats setting at lvl 80 with 21.4k ilvl.... lol

Are we going to need to figure out what the new META group is and what buffs they bring and then work backwards with the numbers to get the best Min/Max?

I've been reading over on the priview forums where peps are saying that Accuracy is a HAMSTER stat but is it? seems to me you don't want to have those hits deflected and with 32k acc they still avoid 25% of the time. That seems like a massive dps loss especially if you get a unlucky streak in a burst window.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The new caps for level 80 mobs (including LoMM) seem to be :
    • Armor Penetration 60k
    • Critical Strike 55k
    • Accuracy 60k
    • Combat Advantage 100k
    • Defense 60k
    • Critical Resist 65k
    • Deflect 60k
    • Awareness 70k
    That's fairly easy to do, at least with an augment, except for combat advantage but you can't reliably get CA anymore anyway.

You can get new armor and artifact gear on the wondrous bazaar for free on preview.

With the new 1000/1% ratio, I believe the most important part of your gear will be the armor pieces with X% buffs again (kiuno, boots of the willed, hag's rags, shadowstalker which is bugged on preview, primal paints etc...). There are several new items with old buffs but you can't get them from the preview-only shop.

Even the demon lord set may prove to be better than the new ones except maybe for a hunter using disruptive shot.

Things will probably change again and I encounter bugs everywhere I turn so we can't really make any concrete testing.
    I'm not sure about the 3% buff items honestly. Because we won't be getting 3% of hundreds of thousands, the newer items might edge out those old pieces. I don't have access any of them to test, but a quick estimation in my head tells me it'll need to be thoroughly tested because I don't see them being obviously still better.
    edited March 2019
    @kythelion#3210
    Here it is.

You can observe, that everything is ok till 0:40, when I switch melee weapon.
    My STR is 20 on this vid which gives 5% damage bonus, and TW applies 10% constant debuff. Before 0:40 TW is correctly doing 0 ticks when no main hand equipped and 387 = ROUND(335 * 1,05 * 1.1) = 387 with main hand

But after 0:40 it starts doing 352 = ROUND(335 * 1,05) which is wrong, 10% bonus doesn't apply at all. It doesn't repro 100% of the time, but definitely there's some problem, which might be related to 0 ticks bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXTZ3Aql1Q&feature=youtu.be
    ABSOLUTE
    I see it, and I didn't disbelieve you, just trying to help get a cause figured out. But in 30 minutes of trying I wasn't able to do it. I'll try again today.
    @kythelion#3210
    just relogged, swapped dmg 1000 off-hand for dmg 100 off-hand, and immediately got the result xD
    this bug is a real HAMSTER, lol

ABSOLUTE
  • masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    > @userutf8 said:
    > Re-tested at-wills' magnitudes (spreadsheet will be updated later today or tomorrow).
    >
    > Changes:
    > 1. Rapid Shot, Rapid Strike, Electric Shot and Electric Strike are no longer combos: now they have fixed magnitude for each hit. (animation is still the same)
    > That's a good change, imo. Thanks, devs
    > 2. Storm Strike combo is simplified to 3 fixed hits and one lightning hit that deals 1/2 damage.
    > BUG: Electric Shot and Storm Strike damage scales incorrectly with STR bonus and both have lower magnitude than specified in their tooltips
    > Details:
    > (Spoiler)
    >
    >
    >
    > Re-tested encounter magnitudes (spreadsheet will be updated later today or tomorrow)
    > here's the list of actual bugs:
    > Marauder's Escape, Split the Sky, Plant Growth and Throw Caution still do not respect STR damage bonus
    >
    > Split the Sky and Plant Growth tooltips still report wrong magnitudes
    >
    > Not only Thorn Ward returns 0 damage when you switch to melee, but also melee damage/weapon is included into its damage calculation (there's some dependency on melee weapon): you can check that if you equip 1000 dmg ranged and 100 damage melee weapon than damage is less than if you had both weapons with damage 1000 (repro below in the thread)

STR says physical damage bonus, Storm Strike and Electric Shot are electric and lightning maybe? Dont remember exactly but, maybe that is why, not sure though.
    edited April 2019
    By the way, further testing,

If blade hurricane feat starts to work, combat will be good to go. You can see how it will be by using the feat that gives forest ghost flurry during the its time. It works, I could even manage to hit 150K crit with an at-will using that. So, once blade hurricane works, combat would become same old combat again.

Can't say the same about trapperish, or archery builds. With the current state, archery can't compare with warden combat build even on single target DPS. Also, if they could manage to fix lightning enchant's single target damage scaling issue, we might become the ones to use it most efficiently.

Blade Hurricane feat of Warden path does not work.

By the way, further testing,

If blade hurricane feat starts to work, combat will be good to go. You can see how it will be by using the feat that gives forest ghost flurry during the its time. It works, I could even manage to hit 150K crit with an at-will using that. So, once blade hurricane works, combat would become same old combat again.

Can't say the same about trapperish, or archery builds. With the current state, archery can't compare with warden combat build even on single target DPS. Also, if they could manage to fix lightning enchant's single target damage scaling issue, we might become the ones to use it most efficiently.

Blade Hurricane feat of Warden path does not work.

Forest Ghost with the feat is bugged, you get several stacks of flurry (up to 6 stacks, so +600% damage).

Flurry triggered by encounters won't be nearly as strong as that.
    > @artifleur said:
    > By the way, further testing,
    >
    > If blade hurricane feat starts to work, combat will be good to go. You can see how it will be by using the feat that gives forest ghost flurry during the its time. It works, I could even manage to hit 150K crit with an at-will using that. So, once blade hurricane works, combat would become same old combat again.
    >
    > Can't say the same about trapperish, or archery builds. With the current state, archery can't compare with warden combat build even on single target DPS. Also, if they could manage to fix lightning enchant's single target damage scaling issue, we might become the ones to use it most efficiently.
    >
    > Blade Hurricane feat of Warden path does not work.
    >
    > Forest Ghost with the feat is bugged, you get several stacks of flurry (up to 6 stacks, so +600% damage).
    >
    > Flurry triggered by encounters won't be nearly as strong as that.

Yeah after checking what it does to a 70 magnitude at will, I actually understood I was wrong lol. Still, when it gets fixed, it we will be good to go, imo. Lots of minor damage source for AoE fights, and for the single target, just use encounters right? ^^

STR says physical damage bonus, Storm Strike and Electric Shot are electric and lightning maybe? Dont remember exactly but, maybe that is why, not sure though.

Nice! You are right - they both receive bonus damage from INT.

ABSOLUTE
  • illuvitaroilluvitaro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Split Shot targeting a specific enemy feels bad because any movement on the targeted enemy part can throw off your aim entirely.
    Allowing Split Shot to be targeted independently(like other AoEs) would make it more engaging, and rewarding if properly aimed, for the player.
    So, a quick pass through it looks like AotS, Deft Strikes, and the CD feats are all working fine, but swapping still zeroes DoTs. Anyone notice anything else of note?
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

So, a quick pass through it looks like AotS, Deft Strikes, and the CD feats are all working fine, but swapping still zeroes DoTs. Anyone notice anything else of note?

Hindering strike still does 0 damage when it procs thorned roots, and zero's out thorned roots applied from ranged (other melee attacks seem to not do this). Also at first pass it looks like warden flurry gets whipped out if you swap stances.. will test more later.

"Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    comment deleted
    Post edited by durugudesu on
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    @noworries#8859 After reading the HR blog, there is one thing I don't get it. So grasping root is a warden thing or hunter's? If u are categorizing thorned root as a bleed feature therefore falls under hunter, then u should give warden's root something to make their root more outstanding than hunter's root since warden is a paragon that specialize in that. So far everyone thought root mechanic is a hunter thing due to thorned root. Or is there something I missed?
    The melee warden seems to finally be working as intended. I didn't do any in-depth comparison with other "working" classes but it seems pretty good. That's great. :)

I still don't understand why Steel Breeze has to be so weak compared to Hindering Strike but you seem to have your reasons. I guess we're just not meant to use it on a melee build.

Some remaining bugs :

- Enhanced Conductivity : no effect

- Storm's Recovery : doesn't work with Boar Hide, Fox's Cunning and Oak Skin unless there is another player near you.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    artifleur said:

The melee warden seems to finally be working as intended. I didn't do any in-depth comparison with other "working" classes but it seems pretty good. That's great. :)

I still don't understand why Steel Breeze has to be so weak compared to Hindering Strike but you seem to have your reasons. I guess we're just not meant to use it on a melee build.

Some remaining bugs :

- Storm's Recovery : doesn't work with Boar Hide, Fox's Cunning and Oak Skin unless there is another player near you.

Does Cold Steel Hurricane damage things directly in front of you when activated yet? Hated having to double-shift away before using it.
    edited April 2019
    artifleur said:

Some remaining bugs :

Throw Caution doesnt proc FLURRY. @noworries#8859.
    Post edited by durugudesu on
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I'm trying to figure out why hindering shot has charges, but also has a timer? The whole point of having charges is to allow you to unload those 3 charges in a quick burst.... the timer kind of kills that. The timer should only apply AFTER you've used up the 3 charges.
    In preview, one of my loadouts has hindering shot on 0 charges, making it perpetually always on cooldown so i cant swap it out of my power tray. On other loadouts, it works fine, but on that one loadout, it is always zero.

Not a big thing for me, but for people with fewer loadouts, this can be FRUSTRATING

In preview, one of my loadouts has hindering shot on 0 charges, making it perpetually always on cooldown so i cant swap it out of my power tray. On other loadouts, it works fine, but on that one loadout, it is always zero.

Not a big thing for me, but for people with fewer loadouts, this can be FRUSTRATING

Does it remain at 0 if you change to that loadout and then change zone?
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Its REALLY sad that my 16k HR can't even kill the gorillas in OMU but my 14k TR can wipe them out in 6 seconds. And i got my HR to lvl 80 with mountaineering weapons at epic, and my TR is lvl 70 with legend primal. There is some serious issues with HR.
  • mord#3639 mord Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Its REALLY sad that my 16k HR can't even kill the gorillas in OMU but my 14k TR can wipe them out in 6 seconds. And i got my HR to lvl 80 with mountaineering weapons at epic, and my TR is lvl 70 with legend primal. There is some serious issues with HR.

This could be a scaling issue

• lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

This could be scaling, or rotation/ feat/ bug issues. We testers all know that the Ranger still has a lot of bugs especially surrounding stance switching, and we also know that High IL characters are being penalized in lower level content. If mod 16 went live today my Ranger would get put into storage, and maybe played at a later date. If I were to make a decision on which classes to focus on for mod 16 based on the current state, the Ranger wouldn't be on the list. As it stands right now I'm taking a pretty hard look at dropping down to two classes (Wizard and Paladin), and ignoring the rest. Sad since I have mained a Ranger it since Mod 2.
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
    edited April 2019
    That's probably a scaling issue and should be reported in unexpected difficulty.

Also, is anyone else having trouble with flurry? It seems to be proccing inconsistently for me, but I can't pinpoint the trigger. I was using pg, hindering, steel breeze, and oak skin at the times I noticed it wasn't proccing all the time.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    mord#3639 said:

This could be a scaling issue

So I had a similar experience with my HR in Omu. At level 70 I had no issue with anything in Omu. Then, after reaching level 80 and equipping my character with all new level 80 gear I went back to Omu and found things considerably tougher. A group of Gorillas probably took me twice as long to kill as they did at level 70, if not more.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader