test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mod 16 ranger

Comments

• mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @wdj40 lol that’s still awesome
    I think it could be viable if all the Hr’s new how each other played and got a bit tactical,16 to 18 k il area , and yes maybe there may be a bit of dps missing, but I feel like bosses should be a bit of a challenge.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

@wdj40 lol that’s still awesome

I think it could be viable if all the Hr’s new how each other played and got a bit tactical,16 to 18 k il area , and yes maybe there may be a bit of dps missing, but I feel like bosses should be a bit of a challenge.

I think there would be too many scrolls. you need a tank and a dc type critter. very few of our buffs really stack. I think it would be far more painful than fun.
    edited March 2019
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > @wdj40 lol that’s still awesome
    >
    > I think it could be viable if all the Hr’s new how each other played and got a bit tactical,16 to 18 k il area , and yes maybe there may be a bit of dps missing, but I feel like bosses should be a bit of a challenge.
    >
    > I think there would be too many scrolls. you need a tank and a dc type critter. very few of our buffs really stack. I think it would be far more painful than fun.

How about 4 HRs and a tank?

Btw hate to sound like I don’t know what scrolls everyone says people use are, but I don’t think I’ve seen any scrolls yet other than dragon defense. Where do people get these scrolls and what do they do?

Then I swear I’ll get back on topic

> @thefiresidecat said:

> @wdj40 lol that’s still awesome

>

> I think it could be viable if all the Hr’s new how each other played and got a bit tactical,16 to 18 k il area , and yes maybe there may be a bit of dps missing, but I feel like bosses should be a bit of a challenge.

>

> I think there would be too many scrolls. you need a tank and a dc type critter. very few of our buffs really stack. I think it would be far more painful than fun.

How about 4 HRs and a tank?

Btw hate to sound like I don’t know what scrolls everyone says people use are, but I don’t think I’ve seen any scrolls yet other than dragon defense. Where do people get these scrolls and what do they do?

Then I swear I’ll get back on topic

if you don't know what scrolls are then maybe we're not talking about the same content. when you say 16 to 18k il I'm imaging trying to do tong or cr without a tank and dc or op. but maybe you just mean cn. or even maybe fbi. those would be doable.. scrolls are things you can use after you've been downed but not quite dead yet to bring you back to life.
    edited March 2019
    Oh like life scrolls sorry I knew that , I don’t use em cause I sell em on the trade house for AD. Yeah maybe content under CN and below or mid chult like hoc or something for HR gang
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
    Bad news guys I was over on mod16 the good the bad thread, they said there is only a couple of feats that boost speed, movement has very limited boosts so far. I think I’m gonna cry. I’ve never been the jerk that runs a mile ahead of the group with my speed but during combat it’s been the key factor in my 15k hr being able to survive things like fbi and advanced ques. What did I do wrong to deserve such a nerf
    edited March 2019

Oh like life scrolls sorry I knew that , I don’t use em cause I sell em on the trade house for AD. Yeah maybe content under CN and below or mid chult like hoc or something for HR gang

soloing hoc is easy soloing cn is doable but takes longer than any reasonable person would want to waste time on. lol. you could speed run a cn with 5 hr's without blinking.
    edited March 2019

Bad news guys I was over on mod16 the good the bad thread, they said there is only a couple of feats that boost speed, movement has very limited boosts so far. I think I’m gonna cry. I’ve never been the jerk that runs a mile ahead of the group with my speed but during combat it’s been the key factor in my 15k hr being able to survive things like fbi and advanced ques. What did I do wrong to deserve such a nerf

everyone is going to be in the same boat. sooo although I really don't understand why they want to slow things down. that's just not enjoyable.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I've heard tell rangers are one of the strongest if not the strongest dps to come out of this. who knows what next mod mw will look like too. I've got an orcus set in the closet getting dusty..

English is not my first language, so i might be understanding it wrong. Do you mean so far ranger is one of the strongest DPS in m16? I`m asking this because in the official m16 ranger post in neverwinterpreview shard everyone is complaining about low DPS.
    as of right now, yes afaik we are supposed to be the highest dps of the lot. ofc, that speaks to how nerfed we all are. still not great dps just better than the others lol
    Pst...expect that SW healer build beats everyone presently. LOL...
    they've already stated that's not as intended and they're going to dial that way down
    They also said they fixed the SW bug in mod 15 yet it is still there.

The devs say plenty of things that they will fix and not fix. And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I understand that coding is not always easy as you may the change for one fix but it could impact 5 other areas of the game.

I believe with turnaround in staff the creative/development team felt the game needed an overhaul to make it easier for them to code the game.

All fine and good but now it is over simplified and quite frankly I see more options for builds in loot shooter than I do with NWO mod 16. NWO is a RPGMMO like WOW, FF, ESO but come mod 16 it is far from those games. It is not even close to what you can build for various classes in NWN games from Bioware and Obsidian.

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > I've heard tell rangers are one of the strongest if not the strongest dps to come out of this. who knows what next mod mw will look like too. I've got an orcus set in the closet getting dusty..
    >
    > English is not my first language, so i might be understanding it wrong. Do you mean so far ranger is one of the strongest DPS in m16? I`m asking this because in the official m16 ranger post in neverwinterpreview shard everyone is complaining about low DPS.
    >
    > as of right now, yes afaik we are supposed to be the highest dps of the lot. ofc, that speaks to how nerfed we all are. still not great dps just better than the others lol
    >
    > Pst...expect that SW healer build beats everyone presently. LOL...
    >
    > they've already stated that's not as intended and they're going to dial that way down
    >
    > They also said they fixed the SW bug in mod 15 yet it is still there.
    >
    > The devs say plenty of things that they will fix and not fix. And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I understand that coding is not always easy as you may the change for one fix but it could impact 5 other areas of the game.
    >
    > I believe with turnaround in staff the creative/development team felt the game needed an overhaul to make it easier for them to code the game.
    >
    > All fine and good but now it is over simplified and quite frankly I see more options for builds in loot shooter than I do with NWO mod 16. NWO is a RPGMMO like WOW, FF, ESO but come mod 16 it is far from those games. It is not even close to what you can build for various classes in NWN games from Bioware and Obsidian.

Well hopefully if it’s easier for them adjust after mod16 maybe future mods can bring back some of the joy , fingers crossed cause I just started playing last year and I have worked my butt off to get to 15k

But just so my conscious is clear and you guys hopefully still like me , I have one confession,..... I did buy the skt buyout token.... there I said it! But that’s all. I just couldn’t do it my eagerness to get to Ravenloft made me inpatient at the time
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > Oh like life scrolls sorry I knew that , I don’t use em cause I sell em on the trade house for AD. Yeah maybe content under CN and below or mid chult like hoc or something for HR gang
    >
    > soloing hoc is easy soloing cn is doable but takes longer than any reasonable person would want to waste time on. lol. you could speed run a cn with 5 hr's without blinking.

Now where talking !
    lol
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

soloing hoc is easy soloing cn is doable but takes longer than any reasonable person would want to waste time on. lol. you could speed run a cn with 5 hr's without blinking.
    So thought I would give CN a whirl as not done it lately and wondered how long it would take in M15 still... Here is my story... :)

Tal'Gath and up to here pretty easy and quick https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/71297976

Ctyhlar took a while to get to and beat due to hallways full of enemies https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/71298032

Then a massive walk through blobs and Demons... Spent a good while hammering Orcus during which he took off 3 times... Got him down to 15% health... Accidently used a portal powering him and found it was instant death somehow with no chance to use my 1st scroll... Took me back to before Ctyhlar bonfire... So I rage quit and went for a smoke!!!
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Wait you can solo CN?

Wait you can solo CN?

Yes, since the Mod it came out... Although back then it was a lot harder and you had to get 4 people to play with you and disconnect without leaving the group. Now you can just solo in the private queue.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited March 2019
    wdj40 said:

So thought I would give CN a whirl as not done it lately and wondered how long it would take in M15 still... Here is my story... :)

Tal'Gath and up to here pretty easy and quick https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/71297976

Ctyhlar took a while to get to and beat due to hallways full of enemies https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/71298032

Then a massive walk through blobs and Demons... Spent a good while hammering Orcus during which he took off 3 times... Got him down to 15% health... Accidently used a portal powering him and found it was instant death somehow with no chance to use my 1st scroll... Took me back to before Ctyhlar bonfire... So I rage quit and went for a smoke!!!
    lol that's about right. and what was the timer at when that happened. I've never actually properly done it but I've been in random ques where everyone instantly dies and I've solo'd orcus in that situation, so I know I can do it (And that was before orcus had the difficulty turned down). if you can solo orcus you can solo the whole thing. it just takes longer than I have any desire to spend time on.

wdj40 said:

lol that's about right. and what was the timer at when that happened. I've never actually properly done it but I've been in random ques where everyone instantly dies and I've solo'd orcus in that situation, so I know I can do it (And that was before orcus had the difficulty turned down). if you can solo orcus you can solo the whole thing. it just takes longer than I have any desire to spend time on.
    Ha ha I have no idea on the time as I threw my pad on the other sofa and walked out lol... But looking at my clips it took me 9mins from the death of the 1st boss to the death of the 2nd one :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Hey does anyone know if plant growth is still a option?
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    > @mikewho#5331 said:
    > Hey does anyone know if plant growth is still a option?

GO TO THE PREVIEW SERVER

> @mikewho#5331 said:

> Hey does anyone know if plant growth is still a option?

GO TO THE PREVIEW SERVER

No offence but stupid comment dude, not everyone has a PC as I dont have one either... You need to remember this part of the forum is for all formats.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    LOL, GET A PC!
    The Legendary Outlaws
    I can't imagine not having a pc. I personally have three. two I use and one that is useable but I don't need. I also have two consoles. tech man.. how can you live without it? but even if he did have a pc you still have to be levelled up to really get anything out of hte preview server. that takes a little time. I guess they have all the gear available so it's just getting to level 70 and you can do that in a couple hours on the main game. but you still have to get used to the controls and the controls are sooo very very different.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

No offence but stupid comment dude, not everyone has a PC as I dont have one either... You need to remember this part of the forum is for all formats.

Oh please mr ____ player. if you cant afford to try it on pc, and cant afford to spend the time reading what's in the preview feedback and just relying on unreliable 2nd hand information via youtube videos, when preview patches come in and changes weekly, and commenting on how good/bad things are in mod16 and expect people to keep entertaining thoughtless questions then you really didn't think enough before you made a comment.

edited March 2019
    Yeah all I have is a ps4 and a phone, I didn’t mean to start a uproar. You guys don’t fight cause I asked if mod16 ranger still had plant growth in the mod16 ranger discussion. I’ll figure it out. But with that being said, maybe some of y’all need to take some midol before logging into the forums and lashing out at each other. We’re all friends here ,..right? I love you guys your like my HR bros, so I refrain from asking anymore mod 16 questions.

wdj40 said:

Oh please mr ____ player. if you cant afford to try it on pc, and cant afford to spend the time reading what's in the preview feedback and just relying on unreliable 2nd hand information via youtube videos, when preview patches come in and changes weekly, and commenting on how good/bad things are in mod16 and expect people to keep entertaining thoughtless questions then you really didn't think enough before you made a comment.

You are just babbling for the sake of it, if you dont want to answer the dude's question then just dont comment... Simples.

As for me I will test things out for myself, if I am still about, and try not to watch too many of other peoples clips until I have ran through it myself.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe

wdj40 said:

what is your problem? not being able to afford something for a game that is long in the tooth to check out things before they land (which means asking questions is stupid) = not thinking enough... your statement doesn't make a lot of sense to me. but the gist of it seems to be you are stoopid for asking questions

even if you have a pc and can go to owlbear.. can still leave you with questions that others may or may not consider obvs or stoopid. yes it's nice to be able to go to the test servers.. but for the most part what people are talking about on the forums is true good and bad.
    you can afford a pc. great! check your privilege now. cause your attitude needs a little powder, your double moons are a little shiny
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    wow, can't have any fun in this thread...

Months ago I did access NW on the PC and then BDO took over and there it is. I have access to two gaming level laptops and another desktop (cause I gave the first desktop to my brother). PC's are not a struggle for me, I order them weekly where I work. ;)

Anyway, judging by the new info we currently have access to, its not difficult to plan now for what is needed. I have snagged cheap items in the AH. If you're unsure of what to plan for, I feel the best thing to do NOW is collect stones and make AD.

I don't feel the next mod will be a struggle.

The Legendary Outlaws
    this thread is pretty corrupted and never did deal with what I was asking when I started it. lol. which was what do you think we will all be using for comps insignia bonus's and artifact sets. for instance is the new set with 5000 power and 5 % damage really better than orcus still.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    well I Would not recommend any purchases at this time HR is a mess but its to soon to even guess final changes. At this time plant growth is in mod 16 companions don't use any thing but companion gear bonding stones only on companion slots and runestones for the 2 enchant slots only. so if I had to do it I would buy runestones and bonding before went thru the roof on console. insignias are going to be exchangeable as well as eldritch runestones. I am at 23k il in prevue and it is clunky and dps is weak but melee is bugged atm so when swap to melee all dps stops and off hand weapon damage is weak also another bug some encounters are in wrong paths also so don't buy any thing or spend a lot leveling items til closer to release date HR as it stands is just meh.

Also everyone is stressed over changes and fighting among our selves will get us ignored when we need to be a united front
    BTW you can put read and add comments in preview shard even if u are console only with out playing preview

Aravein
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Personally I've been snagging cheap purple pets, a spare perfect armor enchant to exchange, and lots of blue insignia to level others next mod. Mounts I already have a stack of but I'd buy one with survivors blessing or whatever the 3 slot one is 20% heal and stamina at 50% HP I think ???, and another with oppressors reprieve at the very least. And rp, lots and lots of rp.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    > @jhpnw said:
    > well I Would not recommend any purchases at this time HR is a mess but its to soon to even guess final changes. At this time plant growth is in mod 16 companions don't use any thing but companion gear bonding stones only on companion slots and runestones for the 2 enchant slots only. so if I had to do it I would buy runestones and bonding before went thru the roof on console. insignias are going to be exchangeable as well as eldritch runestones. I am at 23k il in prevue and it is clunky and dps is weak but melee is bugged atm so when swap to melee all dps stops and off hand weapon damage is weak also another bug some encounters are in wrong paths also so don't buy any thing or spend a lot leveling items til closer to release date HR as it stands is just meh.
    >
    > Also everyone is stressed over changes and fighting among our selves will get us ignored when we need to be a united front
    > BTW you can put read and add comments in preview shard even if u are console only with out playing preview
    >
    > Aravein

THankyou for answering my question.