What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    P.S...
    Devs, that's NOT a suggestion to remove everything else by the way... so please don't.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited March 2019

krzrsms said:

"if you genuinely enjoyed the buff/debuff focused gameplay of pre Module 16, there's not much I can say or do to dissuade you from that opinion"

Gotta love it when a dev scoffs at their own product like this. ..imagine that, someone enjoying the dynamic of a game thats been a major component for years.

Reading these threads just reinforces the observation that these guys just don't get it. They don't play their game enough to know and they called in the number crunchers to help them in alpha who don't play it for 'fun' but just to get more numbers as input.

This absolutely echoes my experience.

I don't play dungeons much so the buff stacking wasn't a positive or negative. The removal of lifesteal however makes soloing a lot less fun.

I come from a background in CoH where buff stacking was waaaay worse than it is here and it was encouraged because it allowed you to play with a wide variety of parties rather than being straitjacketed by the holy trinity.

This mod is made for you if you have one BiS character but is an absolute disaster if you have lots of midrange characters (I have 16 almost all 12-15.8K).

It MASSIVELY dumbs down character creation, and I suspect once it shakes out, we will be back to one clearly best build with even less variation than before.

I get a sense that the selection for alpha was UTTERLY wrong. You need a mix of people playing at a mix of ILs and skill levels with well, averagely and badly built and equipped characters. So you don't get the "everything's wonderful" from the playtesters who probably have exactly the playstyle you're aiming at.

When people find that they can't solo stuff they're been able to for several years, it's really offputting. My 15K+s feel about as powerful as my 12-13Ks are in the current live environment.

I think the wrong question was being asked when this module was in the planning stage and has been asked for the last few modules. The key question is "how do we make this more fun ?" rather than "how do we balance this ?" and I have not found a single thing in this module outside the VERY minor (ID scrolls) that adds anything to my experience (assuming new zones/content like every module has), and many many things that detract from it.

Bear in mind not everybody plays this game to be challenged. There is a large community of people with physical and/or mental health issues who play the game to be "epic" when they already have enough challenges in real life. These people vary wildly in ability, but tend to share one thing, they invest massively emotionally in their characters, and really struggle when they're destroyed as badly as some are by this module. Also take a friend's position, he has a character that he plays in D&D and LARP and he is quite clearly a great weapon fighter in those environments, that he's played here since beta and is now being told he's a barbarian which utterly doesn't fit. Sometimes there are irrational things going on as well as the rational (he has a not particularly good active pet raised to legendary because it's what the character has), I don't expect him to stay after his VIP runs out.
    See, the easy fix here would be to just *not have this stupid level scaling at all.*

What's that? You're level 80, and you can just sneeze and kill Strahd? Good for you-you don't care about the gear from Barovia anymore because it's no longer even remotely usable. I still don't understand why the dev team thinks it's important for content from 5+ years ago to remain relevant to people who have long since grown bored by it.

Without the level scaling, people wouldn't run into stupid walls of impassability, and could just do the content they want to do.
    It's not the level scaling I was objecting to (that's essential and has been TERRIBLE in this game, Cryptic did it much better in CoH), it's fighting at level 70 against level 70-73 foes and because I have no lifesteal, less useful powers/feats/boons and my weapon enchants are nerfed, finding it's a lot harder on my lower geared chars when it was reasonably easy before.
    Post edited by minotaur2857 on
  • Options

asterdahl said:

No campfire in the YP ?

What campfire functionality are you looking for? It should be possible to change load outs and do most other things anywhere in the Yawning Portal.
    Invoking, wasn't allowed to

Also how about VIP on the test server so we can see what's changed with say identify scrolls.

there is nothing to identify anymore.. why should there be identify scrolls? although point taken on vip.. it would be nice to have in test.
    To see if they've simply short changed us on months of VIP I have left that I bought, the ID scrolls (meaning I could sell most I dropped) being a part of that investment, or were giving anything else instead.

lmao, 25 scrolls is worth nearly 4 silver. you get more than that picking up junk off a couple trash mobs. a stack of them is worth nearly a gold and a half. this is something I can't put any heart behind and it doesn't take much to rally me up towards any cause.. so this one is really lacking any thing to get energetic about imo. I guess it would add up if they put 4 silver in each invoke pack but it still wouldn't inspire me to remember to take the pack every day on every alt. that's a lot of time for one gold over the course however long it takes to get a stack
    A stack is 10K ADs on the AH, I pick up enough for zero effort that I can sell them every so often on several chars. It's a small perk.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    rjc9000 said:

I get a sense that the selection for alpha was UTTERLY wrong. You need a mix of people playing at a mix of ILs and skill levels with well, averagely and badly built and equipped characters. So you don't get the "everything's wonderful" from the playtesters who probably have exactly the playstyle you're aiming at.

The bolded part is wrong.

A majority of the testers are not math nerds and would duck out as soon as "lim f(x)" becomes required. The ratio was about 1: 5 for the ratio of math nerd to people with math aversion.

And yes, there were testers with below average skill and "interesting" gear choices. Rest assured that their contributions also accounted for players that primarily solo or go in poor teams.
    This directly contradicts what one of the green names (might have been percemer) said about selection for the testers, basically that they were 100% maths nerds.

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Dungeons on playtest are far too easy. I can still solo most dungeons without any chance of dying.

For example, eLoL:

Thank you for reporting your experiences. I know that most of the issues people have bene bringing up, and are much more likely to bring up, are related to scaling having issues making things too difficult. But we're also looking to identify and solve issues that are the other way around.
  • Options

So, I have on other objection:

How am I supposed to get combat advantage as a solo player? If I go Wizard: Nightmare Wizardry route then I have *one* method. Why am I bringing this up? Because of the stupid fact that all this gear layers on thousands of points of CA bonus, and now I have no actual way of taking advantage of it!

It should be possible to gain combat advantage with your companion.
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

It should be possible to gain combat advantage with your companion.

And if i use an augment?

Spidey
  • Options

The Ravenloft Oathlord's armor cannot be used to transmute (sad). I bought the new level 80 armor with seals, tried to change the appearance back to the Oathlord's armor (which is beautiful by the way) and it was a no go... I really hope this is fixed and I hate the super gody armor looks and prefer the more accurate plate mail look.
    Also the fashion from chult is still broken ie: the shirt fabric around the neck doesn't take (Chultan Merchant's Garb) while the head piece I believe had been previously fixed.

Thank you for the bug reports! I'll make sure this gets fixed so you can keep rocking your Oathlord's!
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

This directly contradicts what one of the green names (might have been percemer) said about selection for the testers, basically that they were 100% maths nerds.

Being a math nerd and enjoying parsing ACT report logs are two different things. Anyhow, there were testers that really enjoyed the number crunching and others who did not.

My own contributions were fairly minimal, as I was traveling the whole month and couldn't really play - playing NWO on a slow laptop from Cambodia or Vietnam is not something I recommend. Anyhow, I could go through collections, companions, etc, look for inconsistent numbers, typos and such, but that's about it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I find that the new boons to be just lackluster and why should I bother with the mind numbing long campaigns that exist between 60 and 70 today. I only bothered for all the boon, not the short list of less useful boons.

I also think the new changes have completely wrecked my DPS warlock build. Now not sure about my barbarian build yet.

Why has the Flames of Phlegethos been moved from level 10 to 80? I have had Flames on my 1 key since level 10 and it pisses me off that my 70 warlock loses Flames for 10 level for no logical reason that I can see.
  • Options
    beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Dungeons on playtest are far too easy. I can still solo most dungeons without any chance of dying.

For example, eLoL:

Thank you for reporting your experiences. I know that most of the issues people have bene bringing up, and are much more likely to bring up, are related to scaling having issues making things too difficult. But we're also looking to identify and solve issues that are the other way around.

lol.. use your artifact did you... you know they are bugged
  • Options
    psiskullpsiskull Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    What is the drop rate on that artifact for the Depleted Artifact on the Unstable Runic Resonance quest? I spent 2 hours trying to farm the runic Heroic Encounters for it and I have yet to get a drop. This is too time consuming for just one item.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

asterdahl said:

No campfire in the YP ?

What campfire functionality are you looking for? It should be possible to change load outs and do most other things anywhere in the Yawning Portal.

Also how about VIP on the test server so we can see what's changed with say identify scrolls.

there is nothing to identify anymore.. why should there be identify scrolls? although point taken on vip.. it would be nice to have in test.
    To see if they've simply short changed us on months of VIP I have left that I bought, the ID scrolls (meaning I could sell most I dropped) being a part of that investment, or were giving anything else instead.

lmao, 25 scrolls is worth nearly 4 silver. you get more than that picking up junk off a couple trash mobs. a stack of them is worth nearly a gold and a half. this is something I can't put any heart behind and it doesn't take much to rally me up towards any cause.. so this one is really lacking any thing to get energetic about imo. I guess it would add up if they put 4 silver in each invoke pack but it still wouldn't inspire me to remember to take the pack every day on every alt. that's a lot of time for one gold over the course however long it takes to get a stack
    A stack is 10K ADs on the AH, I pick up enough for zero effort that I can sell them every so often on several chars. It's a small perk.
    ? they are bound to char though. it's not possible to sell them on ah.
  • Options
    dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Well, long time lurker here - I can't disagree more with that post demonmonger. I am a rogue main, in most of games. No difference here.

You can in fact still stay in stealth for pretty long and with the right build you won't ever get hit by a crit and combat advantage will do very little. Rogues are in fact very powerful with their abilities now that encounter powers for every class have longer recharge times. Without a critical strike, in Icewind Pass, I did over 300k damage on a single monster with Hateful Knives while being scaled down.

My mod 16 Whisperknife test build has a very high survivability - not to mention mobility. If you want your encounters to recharge quicker, use Sneak Attack. Staying in stealth? One With the Shadows, Shadow Strike.

Changes to the game are coming. I've built my rogue under recovery as well but that will be gone soon and you have to get over it. Removal of foundry isn't something devs wanted either - it's sad but it's necessary to keep up with everything else.

------------

Leaving that behind, I have further questions;
    1. Will the content be updated? It's very outdated now and it's nearly impossible to queue up in Gauntigrym Battlegrounds without premade group to just farm the campaign.
    2. Are the PvP potions being remade? Currently Superior Potions of Battle don't work at all, so I suppose that's a bug.
    3. With removal of Eldritch runestones, what will be the purpose of keeping Augment pets on?
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    The front loin cloth for Ghost's Coat armour & Elemental Tunic of the Crushing Wave seems to disappear after running for a while. Don't know about other armor though.

• Options
    styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    ku7z said:

Played all the way to lvl 80 and finished the entire campaign.

snip .....

Gameplay Mechanics: OH BOY! This is where I am extremely unhappy. THIS is what will kill the game for me. All the other things I mentioned before I can live with or adapt to moving forward. But unfortunately I feel that the slowing down of encounters/dailies and slowing the overall game play is just way to jarring and makes playing so much less enjoyable. I spent the entire weekend playing leveling a tank and a DPS classes to 80 and clearing the campaign and I found myself just getting bored at the pace of the game.

I cannot express how much more fun I had coming back today to the regular server and playing my old characters. The classes I played (Paladin, Rogue and Cleric) all got way to simplified. They can still do what they are supposed to do, but I didn't have fun and missed so much from the current live versions. All feats were gutted. Redoing the Feats and making all the trees viable should have been the focus instead of literally deleting them all. The choices left in their place all feel short sighted. Some Feats are not very well thought out, and too many of them are tied to a specific skill/encounter/daily thus limiting our choices even further. The class features don't seem impressive or having as big an impact as they used to on live. Encounters seem OK, but we lost some variety (especially regarding buffs/debuffs) but, worst of all, the long cooldowns and slow resource recharge just took the fun out of it.

.... end snip

This, i havn't played all the way to lvl 80, but i have played my DC and GF a bit (plus a very very quick look but no play on CW).

There are some good bits and some bad bits but i can adapt to all except the above quoted bit. The pace of the game has been slowed too much, it feels slow and clunky and i dont like it, live by comparision feels fast paced and fluid because your always popping off encounters, dodging/blocking etc, its fun.

Personally i would prefer encounters to rechage faster across the board, albeit with lowered damage to compensate, i dont know if i will carry on enjoing NW if it goes live as is, i hope so i really do, but the general feel is so different im just not sure if i can :(
  • Options
    edited March 2019

asterdahl said:

No campfire in the YP ?

Try reading before replying it helps, because I have the free ones I can sell every single one I drop as I tend to split my playtime between chars and not use my 25 on any of them in a given day, most of my 16 chars have thousands of the VIP ones.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Too many pages.. dont know where to post, but please explain to me why the exchange is binding our unbound items to bound.. that is a mistake.. those items could have cost us tens of millions in AD.. you want us to flush down the toilet? I will not be exchanging anything if left that way.. I will most likely just write off this game again. I understand one play quiting has little impact on the game.. its just a terrible decision still, exchange should make items bound to bound and unbound to unbound as simple as that..

You guys .. stress us out.
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    I know this is the general feedback thread, but I feel like this is the thread devs read and answer most frequently atm. As I really appreciate how you @asterdahl and the other devs intend to communicate with the players and take our feedback into account, the warlock community seems to be kind of left out of this as you can see here:

there is no dialogue actually ... look at this

@asterdahl posted 36 times in the Fighter discussion

@asterdahl 35 posts in Paladins discussion

@asterdahl 25 posts in DC discussion

@asterdahl 19 posts in Brbarian discussion

@noworries#8859 5 posts in CW's discussion

@noworries#8859 4 posts in TR's discussion

@noworries#8859 posted 1 time in rangers discussion

@noworries#8859 posted 1 time in warlocks discussion [which btw was 3 days ago]

Not that I think the ammount of feedback is a measure for the quality of the endproduct but mod 16 looks like a complete "new game" and if devs want the player to do the work, check the classes on preview same as give feedback, there needs to be a discussion/feedback.

By posting in this thread I really hope to get the warlock thread some more attention from the devs. Literally for every other class there is an ongoing discussion about how to redesign the class except for warlock. Please we are just trying to help, communicate with us! Otherwise warlock will again be a class you won't see around in the game.

• Options
    mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Hi

Just some general feedback – playing a 17K SW

Hellbringer or dps path if you prefer – I found this unplayable, too little dps, too little survivability

Soulweaver or healing path – much better survivability, dps felt ok but nothing to write home about

As others have already mentioned, I would describe live game play as fast, furious and fun. Test game play felt a bit like playing a tab targeted mmo from a decade ago. It’s ok, I’d probably play through the storyline, but feel I would get bored with it quite quickly – I don’t really play neverwinter for the story tbh.

Not really sure why test game play feel this way, it just does

Hope you sort it out

As a side note – see little point posting in the SW feedback, no one seems to look/respond to it

Have fun all
  • Options
    xdruidgregxxdruidgregx Member Posts: 57 Arc User

encounters should refresh when out of combat, that way going between groups of mobs much more smooth ( i dont have to wait till my encounter recharge before attacking another group). I know that might be bad habit of using encounters all at once but still we can use ony 3 at a time.

there should be more combo encounters ( let's say theres 3 encounter combo in which u have to use selected encounters one after another and by that each successive encounter in combo woudl deal slightly more damage/add some effect then if u were to use that encounter without combo.

And here's my idea, i saw that kind of mechanic in some other MMo's. For simplicity mater let's stay to 3 endounter slots.
    We could have 2 set encounter slots Q and E where player can assign any of the available encounters, third slot (R) would be universal slot that would vary depend on at-will combination ( 2xLMB + 1xRMB would allow to use R button to activate one of remaining unassign encounter )
    You have a gist of what i mean here.

Anyway its just an idea.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    > @silverkelt said:
    > Too many pages.. dont know where to post, but please explain to me why the exchange is binding our unbound items to bound.. that is a mistake.. those items could have cost us tens of millions in AD.. you want us to flush down the toilet? I will not be exchanging anything if left that way.. I will most likely just write off this game again. I understand one play quiting has little impact on the game.. its just a terrible decision still, exchange should make items bound to bound and unbound to unbound as simple as that..
    >
    > You guys .. stress us out.

Try and be specific if you have a bug to report. I never gotten a bound enchantment from the exchange, if that's what you mean, and I've been watching them closely.

If you encounter one, please do report it but be specific.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I think that between the two points of a) This game takes too long to play now, and b) This game is too easy.. there is a LOT of ground.
    Right now, this feels far too close to taking FAR too long to play.

Let me be clear.
    I'm not asking for my 12K Alt Cleric to still be able to fire 8 or more Flamestrikes a minute. That's ridiculous, and though I'll miss her being such a bad HAMSTER a little bit, I know it's for the best that she can't do that silly HAMSTER.

BUT...
    If you could even make the simple concession of speeding things up between fights by upping the rate of Encounter Cooldowns and the various new (and existing) Mana pools, (whilst not in combat) it would feel less of a grind than it does right now.

If that is something you still want to avoid in group content, well... fair enough.
    But please for the sake of my sanity, do something about it in solo play.
    It already takes longer than before to clear trash, please don't make it even longer by having to wait for stuff to refill before moving on to the next lot.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @xdruidgregx said:
    > encounters should refresh when out of combat, that way going between groups of mobs much more smooth ( i dont have to wait till my encounter recharge before attacking another group). I know that might be bad habit of using encounters all at once but still we can use ony 3 at a time.
    >
    > there should be more combo encounters ( let's say theres 3 encounter combo in which u have to use selected encounters one after another and by that each successive encounter in combo woudl deal slightly more damage/add some effect then if u were to use that encounter without combo.
    >
    > And here's my idea, i saw that kind of mechanic in some other MMo's. For simplicity mater let's stay to 3 endounter slots.
    > We could have 2 set encounter slots Q and E where player can assign any of the available encounters, third slot (R) would be universal slot that would vary depend on at-will combination ( 2xLMB + 1xRMB would allow to use R button to activate one of remaining unassign encounter )
    > You have a gist of what i mean here.
    >
    > Anyway its just an idea.

"Refresh out of combat" seems good on the surface.
    But it would be exploited early amd often.
    This has happened many times before with certain artifacts and abilities.
    1)fire all encounters, slowest cooldown last.
    2) Sprint from combat, dismissing pet
    3) wait for combat stance to drop (without pet may only take seconds).
    4) Summon pet and re-engage

The only class who couldn't do that would be tanks who (presumably) have aggro.

Your combo suggestion and "combo-keys" sounds interesting.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

asterdahl said:

No campfire in the YP ?

Try reading before replying it helps, because I have the free ones I can sell every single one I drop as I tend to split my playtime between chars and not use my 25 on any of them in a given day, most of my 16 chars have thousands of the VIP ones.

I'd suggest you try writing more clearly instead of suggesting I did not read. lol. I am going to further suggest you haven't been reading because there is no more use for scrolls of identification. nothing unidentified drops anymore. they're useless.