test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dialogue option Question

rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I have a question about dialogue choices in the Foundry. I can probably figure it out in time, but I figured I’d ask, since someone here might know.

I’m trying to do a story where one NPC is a Warlock. But I need the dialogue to be different if the PLAYER is a warlock. Basically, I need it to branch off like
A.) (Player is NOT a warlock) It’s a warlock thing. You will not understand.

Or

B.) (Player IS a Warlock) You understand, because we both have things in common.

I suppose it is possible if there is an item with class restrictions. But I wanted to ask anyway. Someone might have a better idea or knowledge. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    There is a way to do this. In fact, I have a project in mothballs because of delays in Foundry repairs. If the player is a SW then you can place an item or object that only appears to the skill. There is a check mark to toggle it opposite, that the object appears to everyone who is not that skill set. You can link the dialog to appear when they interact with the object. Here is the bug... CW and SW are considered the same by the Foundry. It works on the same principle as the Skill nodes. Arcane, Dungeoneer, Religion, etc..

The other option would be to ask (trust) the player in one dialog and have dialog generate the object, if the answer is not Scourge Warlock. For example, you could check for arcane magic and then say "You might understand, because you too work with the arcane arts. But I can't tell if you are but a wizard or a warlock?".

In the catalog, search up my Foundry "Mad Monty's Mystery Maze" and give it a whirl. The doors lock and unlock according to choices you made. The dialog generates a different outcome each time.

Have Fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 29 Arc User

There is a way to do this. In fact, I have a project in mothballs because of delays in Foundry repairs. If the player is a SW then you can place an item or object that only appears to the skill. There is a check mark to toggle it opposite, that the object appears to everyone who is not that skill set. You can link the dialog to appear when they interact with the object. Here is the bug... CW and SW are considered the same by the Foundry. It works on the same principle as the Skill nodes. Arcane, Dungeoneer, Religion, etc..

The other option would be to ask (trust) the player in one dialog and have dialog generate the object, if the answer is not Scourge Warlock. For example, you could check for arcane magic and then say "You might understand, because you too work with the arcane arts. But I can't tell if you are but a wizard or a warlock?".

In the catalog, search up my Foundry "Mad Monty's Mystery Maze" and give it a whirl. The doors lock and unlock according to choices you made. The dialog generates a different outcome each time.

Have Fun! <3</p>

Thanks. I found that you can set dialogue by "skills". You're right though, CW and SW are both considered "Arcana" in skills. I was hoping there was a way to do it by class, but I will have to work with what I got!