test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] CTA Seasons Tokens of Heroes Issues

Comments

• wreavis25wreavis25 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Just ran the event on my DC. I didn't get the token. Still stuck at 2 tokens since Saturday. However, before the fix I got the 3rd token on one of my alts. I should know better but I'm going to try running the event on my other alt.
  • jaylia#4441 jaylia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So tired of this event. Couldn't tokens be just be awarded to all players who should have earned them anyway? (5 days of 11-16 runs of CTA for me, but just 1 token)
  • knowfearx99#3107 knowfearx99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Did 15 runs just now, 65 in total since this junk became available. Still only have 2 tokens. Your fix, once again, is completely useless.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    just re-ran my 11/10 for the day (after reboot) and still have 2 tokens, had 3 this morning.... anyone seen my missing token?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Watching the livestream. This is where state machine diagrams help...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    just now, got the duplicate item error, so it's still *HAMSTER* happening
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    After this new patch (hotfix)
    - Persefone: did 12 runs, got a Unique item error due to Frastr, got no token (2 tokens after 6 days).
    - Big Daddy: did 12 runs too, got another Unique item error due to Frastr, got no token (2 tokens after 5 days).
    - Bharash: did 10 runs, got no error and got 1 token (3 tokens after 5 days).

It's quite unfortunate that the Frastr pet is causing the bug too.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    since they also can say if the new set will have set bonus or not i dont have a reason to get 18 tokens at all

so i will skip till next CTA and get my griffin in a few months...
  • splatshot#2659 splatshot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still broken, did mine after your so called fix today and still no reward.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    No token after "fix" gj
    looks like it's time to check out Elder Scrolls Online, I bet they'll offer up a discount if enough of us switch games.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I stopped doing the CTA on Sunday 1/27. I'm not wasting my time running an event that has gotten so bungled for nothing.

Oh, and count me in the "few" group that after 3 days of running the CTA (Thurs, Fri, Sat) I got one... and ONLY one token total.

So, Cryptic can extend it till the cows come home, makes little difference to me.

And... on top of that... look a another event is starting up this week.

Place your bets now on if this one will be bugged.

My confidence level in Cryptic is at an all time low.
  • graskitchgraskitch Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am really frustrated, I am stuck at 2 tokens of heroes - each day that I did not get a token after >10 runs, I have put in a ticket, so I know that I should have 6 by now... after today's fix, I no longer get the exclusive item error, but I did not get a token. it is unfair.

if I had known that you could get more than 3 tokens from the extension of this event, I would have continued running on my other character. this is unfair on multiple levels.
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I would say it's time for final Fantasy 14
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    At this point Cryptic you need to give out tokens to every character that played the event so they all have 3 tokens. This is really nonsense. You release a broken event, patch it twice, and it's still not working right. And the best recompense you give us is to extend the event and tell us to keep doing it with no guarantee it's going to work??? This is crazy. This is not the way to treat your playerbase. I've wasted HOURS of my time doing this and have nothing to show for it. I don't want excuses or extensions, I want the tokens I've already earned.
  • mylittlepwny00mylittlepwny00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So sick of this CTA. I removed the offending items after every run and still didn't get the tokens. Stuck at 2 on 2 characters. It would be nice to have our efforts rewarded, not punished, by having to run it over and over. You're dragging your player base down, Cryptic.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    graskitch said:

I am really frustrated, I am stuck at 2 tokens of heroes - each day that I did not get a token after >10 runs, I have put in a ticket, so I know that I should have 6 by now... after today's fix, I no longer get the exclusive item error, but I did not get a token. it is unfair.

if I had known that you could get more than 3 tokens from the extension of this event, I would have continued running on my other character. this is unfair on multiple levels.

You aren't supposed to be able to get more than three tokens per event. That's a bug, too.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    So first two days I was fine, got two tokens. Hotfix 1 came and I stopped getting tokens. Hotfix 2 came and still no tokens. Just ran 23CTA's trying to get a third token, no luck.
    I have like 2,100+ Medallions and 2 tokens atm. It's ridiculous that they are not going to do anything for the players.
  • pardoux#3363 pardoux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    As above, just done my 10 runs, and nada, no token again :(
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    This is terrible customer service. Continuing to extend the event is only making people angrier. Just set every character to 3 tokens and take the L.
  • rorrik#3186 rorrik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Still broke. Wasted my time yet again. I'm feeling a bit like Charlie Brown playing football. We just keep falling for it.

You aren't supposed to be able to get more than three tokens per event. That's a bug, too.

I wonder if it is a bug though? the original CTA was supposed to last for 3 days, but because they extended the event by a total of +3 days now, maybe the max # of tokens is not capped at 3, but really just by the # of days that the event is live for?

in any case, I just want the tokens for the days that I grinded out and got nothing. is this bug really only affecting a small %? I feel so unlucky then because this 'bug' has affected ALL my characters...
  • nakkuchhannakkuchhan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    As many others said before, just give us the tokens we already farmed. Some of us have actual obligations in life and scheduling some time to farm an event is not straight forward. So please, don't make us waste our time.
    they need to change the distribution method of the tokens from these CTA skirmishes so it GUARANTEES a token of heroes on the 10th run instead of the system making a determination that (might) auto-grants it. When the bar on the CTA skirmish fills up to 10/10 (or whatever each CTA skirmish requires) it should have a button that lets you claim the token.
  • roedynnbroedynnb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So, no reimbursement for not receiving the tokens from a broken event?

Is there any way I can get the money I put into VIP refunded, because if they choose not to live up to their obligation (do X to get Y), I'm going to go somewhere that will appreciate me as a player, not just as a source of revenue.

Maybe go back to DDO...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I foresee that, with 15 mods and ever-increasing complexity at the backend, the development processes will have to undergo a migration at some point. You can get very far with purely code-based development, but at some point the complexity of the product will bite you more and more. That's not to say that going from developing completely with code to developing completely with models in one fell swoop is in the cards -- a full migration like that is both expensive and disruptive but I'm guessing that changes will have to start to happen as more events and modules get added over time.

What's done is what's done. I think the most important thing is that management recognize that a change is becoming necessary. Granted, this is a game -- they're never going to turn on their TV's and see flag-draped caskets coming out of a C-17 at Dover because their game had a catastrophic bug -- but nonetheless it seems to me that the increased complexity of a nearly six-year-old product is really starting to show.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured