What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• Options
    winzardwinterwinzardwinter Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Happy with having a smaller artisan cap! Its extremely discouraging to even want to be a "top crafter" if any and everyone has the ability to solo craft all the best masterworks and with the best cost/stats. Very much like having level 25 professions now. Why even call it masterworks if 10,000 people can do exactly the same thing with same results? Sounds like "averageworks" then. I, and many other crafters I spoke to all feel the same way. Much like hunts have spurred more interaction amongst the community, doing so with masterworks would also carry many of those same benefits.
  • Options
    kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    8/8 artisans is a PRETTY BIG PROBLEM when you have to hire 10 to complete the quest and continue the quest line.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Several people have commented on how long it will take to rank up the workshop to level 4. If you’re starting professions in this new system from scratch, I can see that effort as on-par with the rest of the system.

But if you’ve already got “everything level 25” and even some masterwork ranks, it seems like getting to a level 4 workshop should be much faster. I’m not so concerned about the number of delivery box slots unlocked, but I’m very concerned about the chance of getting purple artisans. They seem to come in very slowly anyway (1 per day?) and even then, with a level 4 workshop, they are rarely purple.

This is again about getting back to “ground zero.” Yes, we get 3 purples from having old system slots unlocked and maybe a few “recruitment orders” that are unlikely to give purples, but that’s not anywhere near what we had before, if we had everything maxed/finished.

If we have high ranks in old-system professions, and if the main source of additional artisans is going to be the desk applications, and those only have a small chance of being purple, we need to be able to start getting those applications on day 1,

So much for the Shop Keeper / Retainer who suggested not overworking an Artisan. ;)

Yea! Corellon answered the Elves prayers! Workshop 2 allows 14 max! Workshop 3 is 20! Faith in DEVs is SECURE! I'd wrote a DEV saying last week, saying after the # of Artisan's was announced to drop, hopefully we at least get 24-27 and no further! We've since seen Workshop 3 add 6 more artisans, and Workshop 4 also adds 6 more. I mean I don't like the fact it was reduced, but I do understand it was too high at 32! So seems my hopeful guess was pretty close.

I previously said they need to give 12 Artisans at least for workshop 1! But that's before I got on to TEST, cause I didn't expect Workshop 2 to add 6 Artisans. I was fearing we'd get 2-4 at each level. I tried to remain hopeful as Workshop expanded it grows, and thankfully that is in fact exactly what they have done. They do give 6 at each level. :+1:

And per the EDIT above it seems they did good! :cookie::cookie:

Thank You DEVs
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    So now we have a max of 8 artisans with Lesson's Learned currently at 7/10 Artisans. Smooth :)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    wlinaz said:

So now we have a max of 8 artisans with Lesson's Learned currently at 7/10 Artisans. Smooth :)

Confirmed they changed it to hire 4 artisan's at least initially so far.

Though it also possible: They expand as you upgrade? Perhaps Workshop 2 may add more Artisans, then to Work Shop possibly a few more, then possible a few addition ones at Work Shop 4?

Yea! Corellon answered the Elves prayers! Workshop 2 allows 14 max! Workshop 3 is 20 max! Faith in DEVs is SECURE! Still got to wait to see what Workshop 4 offers hopefully 24-27!

Note: Here I replying to the post below - rather than REPOST another reply below.
    onodrain said:

Workshop Level 1 = 8 artisans max
    Workshop Level 2 = 14 artisans max
    Workshop level 3 = 8 artisans max shown on Master's Desk...bugged
    Workshop Level 4 = says 8 at master's desk, but allowed me to recruit 2 more when I had 27. Did not allow me to use scrolls when I had 29 artisans. My other character had 31 artisans and it allowed me to recruit another artisan for 32 max. So...looks like Workshop Level 4 is supposed to be 32 artisan slots, but bugged to only let you have 8 slots when using scrolls to add artisans, but up to 32 slots when adding from the Master's Desk Recruitment.

Workshop level 4 is only showing 8 artisans max on the Master's Desk screen. Allowed me to add 2 more through recruitment, going from 27 to 29. (also allowed me to recruit 1 artisan from 31 to 32, then did not allow recruitment) But it did not allow me to add from either type of scroll. And...it only shows 8 artisans in the management screen of the Master's Desk.

I have one character at Workshop Level 3. It had 15 artisans before the latest patch. It is not allowing me to add any artisans via recruitment or scrolls. For this character, it would only show me 8 of my artisans at the Master's Desk when I was managing my artisans. It did not allow me to see the other 7 artisans, even after I dismissed 7 of the 8 shown.
    It allowed me to recruit a 9th artisan, but did not allow me to use either type of scroll to obtain artisans. I logged out of that character, then logged back into it to see if it would reset my view on the Master's Desk. It still only showed the one artisan of the original 8 it showed me, plus it showed the one I recruited. It did not show the other 7 artisans that I have on the character. Then I reduced my artisans to 7 by dismissing the two I could still see in the Master's Desk interface.
    It allowed me to use both types of scrolls when I had only 7 artisans, bringing my artisan total to 8.

DEV did indicate that the total # of Artisan's, would in fact be decreasing, as he indicated they didn't want to allow all options in each profession, as we'd need to make some tougher choices. So @onodrain it does seem likely 32 previous will in fact be decreased!

I won't know till I finish upgrading Workshop 4 on a fresh Character - I test the entire campaign, so may not be ready till Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday till all testing done.

I've only seen Workshop 2 is now 14, and Workshop 3 is now 20 with zero issues--on a fresh character copy after patch download.

NOTE: I haven't gotten to Workshop 4 yet, because each and every patch, I delete, re-copy, and start a fresh. So I'm not noticing the issue you are with Workshop 3. But 'should' I notice it, I will report it as well.
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Workshop Level 1 = 8 artisans max
    Workshop Level 2 = 14 artisans max
    Workshop level 3 = 20 artisans max
    Workshop Level 4 = 26 @nisckis confirmed level 3 and 4 numbers

my testing info was with characters already on test. @asterdahl explained it is broken with those characters, but not with characters that are new to test. nisckis listed the new number of artisans per level, I presume based on getting to workshop level 4. I do not really feel like clicking for hours to get my workshop to level 4 under the new system. =p
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    strathkin said:

wlinaz said:

Confirmed they changed it to 4, seems like 8 a strong possibility.

Though it also possible: They expand as you upgrade? Perhaps Workshop 2 may add 2 more Artisans, then to Work Shop 3 possibly another 2-3 more, then possible also the last 2-3 finally at Work Shop 4?

I still trying to remain HOPEFUL. It not a hard FIXED limit threshold of just 8.
    They've been mostly consistent with the 32 cap. I expect that is the intended cap at level 4.

They are supposed to expand as you upgrade, but there is that an issue we all saw today. You can have 4 at level 1 and 8 at level 2, but that quest requires 10 while you are doing the commissions before you can upgrade to level 3 and get the level 3 pool size (which should be higher, but will currently be locked at 8). Even if they fix the limits for level 3 and 4, the level 2 limit will need to be changed to 10 or perhaps12 if the programing is easier. I would suggest 12 for level 2 because many players will start with the 4 from the tutorial and 8 more from the slots.

The patch capped all levels at 8. My level 4 workshop, which has "23 workers 8 max " per the screen and cannot hire anymore as its cap is now 8 workers, instead of the 32 it should be. Another week of limited testing it looks like.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    zephyriah said:

Another week of limited testing it looks like.

With nine days left to go live.. Not good..

Edit: sry cascaded block quotes are confusing sometimes.

Post edited by wlinaz on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    wlinaz said:

strathkin said:

Another week of limited testing it looks like.

With nine days left to go live.. Not good..

My goodness how old is that quote you referring to? And I think you taking it completely out of context, though I can only guess the motivating factor.

That was possibly 1, if not 2, or even 3 weeks ago, during 1008a.2 or 1008 a.4 patch.

If that was me, I only recall saying something vaguely similar to that, and much earlier. Then it was in context to Artisan Packs stating Requirements not met which has since been resolved, or it was said it relation to the delivery box full issue we all experienced, also now resolved except 'in a few extreme cases' - where people pushed the threshold trying to break it. Or perhaps you quoted someone entirely different? :s

So I honestly confused, I may have said 'something' similar, but it was awhile back as best I remember?

I also start each patch ONLY on freshly copied characters, like I do at each and every new patch! I don't leave old character's on PREVIEW very long, cause that's not entirely what PREVIEW was designed, especially when testing builds for a new GO LIVE.

Seen 8 artisans max at Workshop 1, or 14 at Workshop 2, then at Workshop 3 seen this grow to 20--all with zero issues at least so far!
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    strathkin said:

wlinaz said:

Confirmed they changed it to 4, seems like 8 a strong possibility.

Though it also possible: They expand as you upgrade? Perhaps Workshop 2 may add 2 more Artisans, then to Work Shop 3 possibly another 2-3 more, then possible also the last 2-3 finally at Work Shop 4?
    I had two characters in test already - workshop rank 1, 8 spots now, workshop rank 2, also 8 spots (cannot proceed on first due to collection bug). Copied over another toon, started again, workshop lvl1 - 8 slots, workshop lvl2 - 16 slots. I will post back when I reach lvl 3 - possibly 24, then 32 for lvl 4 workshop.

You are correct @strathkin that it is the upgrade of the workshop that allows for increased Artisan slots.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    strathkin said:

My goodness how old is that quote you referring to? And I think you taking it completely out of context, though I can only guess the motivating factor.

It was just said, copied the wrong block quote tag. Edited, sry.
  • Options
    sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Can't complete the MW1 quest for artificing. Also the "Press I to open your inventory and find the profession starter kit" bubble stays permanently on my screen.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    wlinaz said:

strathkin said:

It was just said, copied the wrong block quote tag. Edited, sry.
    Thank You!

I wasn't sure, was it you viewing a completely earlier post, or what was going on factor? Seems you did a awesome job correcting, so I gave you an awesome badge! Not to mention. :+1:
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    As a general note on those of you experiencing issues with artisan slot numbers, if your character had been used on preview before the change, there's a good chance you are in a broken state after the change, as the artisan storage does not know what rank you are at as when you ranked up the hooks were not in place to increase the size of your storage.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do in these situations, as writing fixups just to resolve issues on preview would take away from work spent fixing real bugs. I apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured on live, you will be rank 2 with 14 spaces for artisans before you are ever on the quest that requires you have 10 artisans.
    onodrain said:

Just loaded the recent patch.

At Workshop Level 1 it allowed me to Redeem Legacy Profession Slot Unlock. So I received the items into inventory. It allowed me to use both of the common artisan scrolls. It only allowed me to use two of the Rare scrolls before giving me an error on the third rare scroll. It did not allow me to use any of the epic scrolls. It also did not allow me to use the Artisan Recruitment Scrolls.

Once I got my workshop to level 2, it allowed me to use all the scrolls.

From developer comments, I had expected the upper level crafting materials from the retainer to be added and cost significantly more. However, all the intermediate materials greatly increased in price. (for instance, stilled water went from 2 to 8, fish oil went from 16 to 60) That is a significant change.

@krailov @mdarkangel#4696 Artisans from scrolls are all at the level of your profession. These are the scrolls from redeeming legacy profession slot unlocks and from purchasing with AD.

Only the artisans coming to your workshop for free are random levels.

You were most likely unable to use the artisan scrolls when your workshop was rank 1 because you already had 8/8 artisans. The prices on items were adjusted a bit with this update, as at the time the prices were planned, gathering tasks did not give 12 items. We feel that the prices are still reasonable with the increased to processed materials.

Given that supplements are single-use items, how will supplements work vis-a-vis repeated (but expensive) tasks?

For example, if I want to process a bunch of farmed materials into Brilliant Beads, I’m going to want use some supplement, but I’m also going to want to leave that task on auto-repeat until I run out of input materials (or the delivery box fills).

Will it continue to use supplements as long as I have some in inventory? What if I run out of inventory, but still have room in the delivery box? Will it stop the auto-repeat (good) or just continue without the supplement (bad)?

If you slot a supplement and ask the task to repeat indefinitely, or any number of time exceeding the number of supplements you have, it should use those supplements until you run out, and then continue without them.

I’ve searched and not found the original comment from a dev, but I’ve seen several comments that new weapons are expected in Mod 16, and that Mod 16 is only 2-3 months away. I was very happy to see that MW weapons are again BiS, but if that’s not going to last, it significantly limits their value.

People are generally cynical, and assume any new Mod 16 weapons will be an even higher IL… but given that in the last few mods, new weapons of the same IL have been introduced, just with different set bonuses, perhaps Mod 16 weapons will just be at the same level as the MW ones?

In any case, @asterdahl, can you comment on this? What are the current plans with respect to new weapons (and artifact belt/waist sets) in Mod 16 and beyond, and what will be done with Mastercrafting (if anything) to keep pace?

We are not yet ready to announce our plans for Module 16, but I can say that any comments you've read about Module 16 being "2 to 3 months" away are incorrect. Modules generally have at least 3 months between releases, so don't expect to see Module 16 under 3 months from now.
  • Options

Will the commissions contributed for ranking up the workshop have any further value?

When we make commissions for unlocking MW V, we can use them after to buy more MW tools, and in fact we can continue to contribute commissions to buy more tools if we want.

It would be nice if the workshop upgrade commissions had some similar value after the workshop was upgraded. Perhaps artisan recruitment orders, or even better, the ability to hire specific artisans.

Reminder - The chultan tools are worst than masterwork 3 tools, but to make them you need to be masterwork IV.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Has the AD commision from Lady Begum been removed? I can't find the option anymore.

OK, nevermind, it is just part of the workshop history. The first comissioned item must be build, the AD option appears later when you are really unlocking level 3.

Post edited by nisckis on
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I apologize if it was brought up / answered:

For all the traded tools, and workers, I can only recruit blue and lower artisans (blue pack)? With perhaps small chance for epic?

I've converted all my assets for a hefty sum of credits, but the use of those is limited to say the least. If I'll opt to use the ZEN packs for artisans the whole millions of credits will be a waste.

Can we have direct Epic packs for credit? Or perhaps even consumables for that credit?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    micky1p00 said:

For all the traded tools, and workers, I can only recruit blue and lower artisans (blue pack)? With perhaps small chance for epic?

I've converted all my assets for a hefty sum of credits, but the use of those is limited to say the least. If I'll opt to use the ZEN packs for artisans the whole millions of credits will be a waste.

Can we have direct Epic packs for credit? Or perhaps even consumables for that credit?

@micky1p00

Check your RETAINER as you should get 2 guaranteed Common, then 3 guaranteed Rare, and also 3 guaranteed Epic if you select the option for the Get Artisans from the Professional Slot Unlock Benefits.

Note: first two Common you gain from unlocking Professional Slots 2 & 3 on that character, you then gain the 3 Rare from unlocking slots 4-6, and then gain the 3 Epic's from unlocking slots 7-9. So get any finished you can before GO LIVE

It generally the 1st option 'I what to exchange old professional items', followed by the 1st option 'Redeem Legacy Professional Slot Unlocks'. :)

Seems the drops from Professional Artisan Recruitment will change based on the Level of your Workshop. At Workshop 1 & 2 they will mostly be Common though you can get some Rare ones once in a blue moon. You likely best waiting till your Workshop Shop 3 as more will be Rare, and I suspect chances for Epic increases at Workshop 4. :o

-----
    NOTE: There is also the option to trade Legendary Tools. Also you should not discount the Rare Artisan's, cause some in fact are very, very = good - just as some Epic Artisans, may likely not appeal to others, especially those with the Highest Commission. At workshop 3 you can still hire 20 Artisan's, and Rare Artisans may apply from time-to-time, and at Workshop 4 even more can apply, and last I saw Epic Artisan's sometimes may apply. So I'd focus on upgrading to Workshop 4, and getting the best artisan's that, enable you to fully upgrade the workshop! Now realize I recognize (some) of these facts, you &/or others may be aware of, yet stating so 'everybody' realizes. Also you may want to share more tools &/or artisan's to more characters. DEVs looked at exchange prior to launch announcement, so some have recently purchased Professionals at a cheap rate, allowing them significant credit recently. That does not mean they should be rewarded more! I'm also not saying that is what you've done either, so let's be very clear about that very fact. I still believe what they have offered us is extremely FAIR and accommodating to a range of players. Not to mention all the things workshop offers that we didn't have before. So if you do some of those things and are patient, you'll even earn the odd Epic Artisan, by just having them apply to workshop. :)
    -----

FYI: Retainer Materials don't appear to be Character Bound anymore! Still there is the normal &/or high quality versions still.

Trade Asset Credit also for Material Credit!
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Level 1 --> 8
    Level 2 --> 14
    Level 3 --> 20 (500K commission)
    Level 4 --> 26 (5M commission)

Oh my, I was not expecting that 26 artisans maximum at level 4. I really thought on live the 32 artisans maximum was for level 4 and not a debug number for the preview.
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I had copied a character over who was increasing their alchemy from level 21 to 22. The process was incomplete on LIVE and completed on TEST. When I accepted the 40k experience, it did not apply it to Alchemy profession. My Alchemy level remained Level 60.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    strathkin said:

micky1p00 said:

@micky1p00

Check your RETAINER as you should get 2 guaranteed Common, then 3 guaranteed Rare, and also 3 guaranteed Epic if you select the option for the Get Artisans from the Professional Slot Unlock Benefits.

Note: first two Common you gain from unlocking Professional Slots 2 & 3 on that character, you then gain the 3 Rare from unlocking slots 4-6, and then gain the 3 Epic's from unlocking slots 7-9. So get any finished you can before GO LIVE

It generally the 1st option 'I what to exchange old professional items', followed by the 1st option 'Redeem Legacy Professional Slot Unlocks'. :)
    You completely missed the point, the fact that I have crapton of chars with 9 slots doesn't change the issue that I have millions of credit points for assets and tools that I have nothing to use them on.
    Also if you look carefully at the stats, I will need to cycle tens of epic artisans, 3 is a drop in a sea, especially for later professions, for example 4th+
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    As of NW.105.20181022a.3 :

The new crafted weapons do not appear on the preview window.

Most of the reinforcement kits have either wrong stats or wrong item-level, please double-check them all.

Emperor's (invisible) Shirts and Pants can't be crafted.

"Wonderous Bazaar Armor" Gloves and boots (for example Impenetrable Bastion for paladins) can't be crafted and are not to be found in the wonderous bazaar either.

From what I've seen, the most important stat for an artisan seems to be his commission modifier, and to a lesser degree his speed modifier. Epic artisans seem to all have a large positive commission modifier, making them generally worse than most rare artisans. The small boost in proficiency and focus they get in exchange for their bad commission modifier seems rather irrelevant compared to the large amount of gold or AD you'd lose for using them
    Post edited by artifleur on