test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20181008a.2

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

omg 5% more buff for tr to op please nerf

all damage increased by 5% is nothing after they removed the power buffs from the class, those feats/daily powers needed to have to be proccing from char base power not char buffed power, and yes SW need a huge bump on damage.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    ONE THING FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW THE EPIC/LEGENDARY ARTISAN YOU HAVE ON LIVE VERSION OF THE GAME ARE NOT BECOMING ARTISAN OF THE SAME QUALITY ON MOD 15, THEY ARE MAKING YOU BUY ALL OF IT ONCE AGAIN WAKE UP EVERYONE
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    "Assailing Force now properly fires 15% of the time; this should be a buff."

I cant really comprehend this.
    The chance is 15% and now its working?
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • lorun2009lorun2009 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    vorphied said:

lorun2009 said:

SW didn't get a buff? Dreadtheft, Killing Flames, Fiery Bolt, Hadars Grasp (all of this skills get +20% DMG increase).

They changed so many other things too... Damnation spec get a rework, murderous flames now give SW 4 new AOE skill.
    Maybe you should first test some stuff before you put a comment like this?

Good luck

Hadar's Grasp and Dreadtheft end up with a net damage loss due to the decrease in number of ticks.

Damnation's reworked capstone is underperforming due to the relatively slow ramp-up of Soul Investiture stacks and the fact that they currently cannot be refreshed once at max stacks.

Murderous Flames, while buffed, is good for what it was good for previously: single target damage increase. It doesn't replace the usual suite of AoE powers.

Maybe you should first read the rest of the changes before you put in a comment like this?

I read all of changes but then i test all things that they changed and i prefer this way then reading way and assuming that i know everything only because i read something.

Killing Flames, 20% dmg increase is a lot and this is one of the most important skill so it is bad? Fiery Bolt, 20% dmg increase great for AOE. Dreadtheft,10 tick with 20% dmg increase give us more then 12 ticks same with Hadar's Grasp.

Damnation is really good for new players, exping with Summoned Soul is much easier and this spec is good for PvP too.

Murderous Flames wasn't that good since they fix it and now this make SB more AOE then ever... You can use TC on big monster and use Soul Scroch to burn all smaller minion. This make our At-wills power AOE to and i know minions/trash isn't that important... More important are Bosses and here comes Killing Flames and Hadar's Grasp with 20% dmg boost :)

For me there is a lot more things that they should change... More important stuff.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    lorun2009 said:

vorphied said:

lorun2009 said:

SW didn't get a buff? Dreadtheft, Killing Flames, Fiery Bolt, Hadars Grasp (all of this skills get +20% DMG increase).

They changed so many other things too... Damnation spec get a rework, murderous flames now give SW 4 new AOE skill.
    Maybe you should first test some stuff before you put a comment like this?

Good luck

Hadar's Grasp and Dreadtheft end up with a net damage loss due to the decrease in number of ticks.

Damnation's reworked capstone is underperforming due to the relatively slow ramp-up of Soul Investiture stacks and the fact that they currently cannot be refreshed once at max stacks.

Murderous Flames, while buffed, is good for what it was good for previously: single target damage increase. It doesn't replace the usual suite of AoE powers.

Maybe you should first read the rest of the changes before you put in a comment like this?

I read all of changes but then i test all things that they changed and i prefer this way then reading way and assuming that i know everything only because i read something.

Killing Flames, 20% dmg increase is a lot and this is one of the most important skill so it is bad? Fiery Bolt, 20% dmg increase great for AOE. Dreadtheft,10 tick with 20% dmg increase give us more then 12 ticks same with Hadar's Grasp.

Damnation is really good for new players, exping with Summoned Soul is much easier and this spec is good for PvP too.

Murderous Flames wasn't that good since they fix it and now this make SB more AOE then ever... You can use TC on big monster and use Soul Scroch to burn all smaller minion. This make our At-wills power AOE to and i know minions/trash isn't that important... More important are Bosses and here comes Killing Flames and Hadar's Grasp with 20% dmg boost :)

For me there is a lot more things that they should change... More important stuff.

If you look at Murderous Flames as an AoE buff to SB, it's extremely lackluster since there's still no reason not to run HB for trash (or at least your typical AoE powers if stuck on SB for that portion). It's a very questionable quality of life improvement, but still a bonus for single-target, which I'm fine with.

TC is still garbage for trash, so I don't really count that for AoE in general. If we're talking solo content, elites still die so quickly that TC isn't worth the time it takes to cast it. In a dungeon, the party has to be killing so slowly that you can be allowed to focus the elite mob for an extended period to kill everything else, which I find to be impractical. I have about two uses for TC: when doing solo CN runs and killing Cthylar's minions as they are summoned and when doing Ras Nsi with a lower buff party so that I auto-kill nearby Defiant Souls.

Since Dreadtheft has been fixed so that you can no longer sneak in At-Wills and certain Encounters while channeling, the net effect on damage is undisputably a loss. While I'm positive that this cast-while-channeling behavior was unintended, you can't discount the impact since we've been running with it for quite some time. Reducing the number of ticks makes for a very backhanded sort of "buff."

Hadar's Grasp having a marginally increased activation time and losing total number of ticks not only offsets the damage increase but also decreases Soul Spark gain, which is an overall DPS nerf even to an end-game SB when not running with a high-functioning party where cooldowns are severely reduced. The low-to-mid-game SBs who still need to use their At-Wills are going to be more severely impacted since they already don't have sufficient cooldown reduction to maintain a pure encounter/daily rotation.

Other posters have tested HG and found that, with the reduction in duration with Curse Consume, the total base damage is actually less. I'll test for myself later on if the point is still being argued.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @vorphied also don't forget each missing tick= less procs from other things as well, damage loss is there but hey, HG and DT got a 20% "dmg" increase, right? Right? Lol. The "less ticks" change would actually have been interesting if each one would like like a truck but... yeah.

Damantion: Slow and half-working capstone.

Hg: Nerfed in pve because of angry pvp CW's who refused to run cc resist enchantment and boons.

Dt: Nerfed because why not.
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Assailing Force is still far to weak against other classes Capstones. Might as well run without a capstone if it stays unchanged.
    Proof:
    https://pasteboard.co/HIrrTDU.png

Suggestion: Either Increase its Weapon Damage to 1600% instead of 800% or Increase its Chance to 30% from 15%.

We want a reason to spec into Thaumaturge and not get some lame damage dealing capstone.

Whats with the sudden change to Abyss Of Chaos being Unresistable Damage? Why are there only 2 powers in game that dont scale with debuffs? And whats with the nerf to Aura of Courage procing on some CW powers? It only makes GWF stronger.
    Post edited by cheesey#4444 on
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    first impression - its just a click fest
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Assailing Force is still far to weak against other classes Capstones. Might as well run without a capstone if it stays unchanged.
    Proof:

Suggestion: Either Increase its Weapon Damage to 1600% instead of 800% or Increase its Chance to 30% from 15%.

I think Assailing has a cooldown so I am unsure raising the chance higher with a heavy encounter user like CW would be significant change.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
    edited October 2018
    h a high-functioning party where cooldowns are severely reduced? I can say almost everytime :)
    bellkazi said:

lorun2009 said:

Killing Flames, 20% dmg increase

20%?
    Killing Flames: Damage based on hit points reduced

20 =)
    lorun2009 said:

Fiery Bolt, 20% dmg increase great for AOE.

Yes.
    lorun2009 said:

Dreadtheft,10 tick with 20% dmg increase give

Dreadtheft: Now deals damage 10 times (down from 12)
    Dreadtheft: Damage increased by 20%

Damage - 100
    M14 - 100*12=1200
    M15 - 100*1.2*10=1200
    1200=1200

Hadar's Grasp end up with a net damage loss due to the decrease in number of tick.

Brood of Hadar: Fixed an issue where these would deal increased damage in certain cases

Brood of Hadar,Hadar's Grasp, Warlock's Bargain and Hellish Rebuke - damage loss 50%.
    Why you copied only part of changes with KF?

Killing Flames: Damage based on hit points reduced to 2x damage when the target is at/below 25% hit points (from 2.4x).

When target is at or below 25% HP... So when target is over 25% HP we get 20% more DMG increase and change is from 2.4x to 2x damage (20%) so overall we get boost.

Brood of Hadar: Fixed an issue where these would deal increased damage in certain cases.

Like i said thousands times: Fixing an issue isn't nerf... When something is broken and they fix this we can't count this as a nerf.

I think Assailing has a cooldown so I am unsure raising the chance higher with a heavy encounter user like CW would be significant change.

Assailing Force doesn't appear to have a cooldown.
    bellkazi said:

lorun2009 said:

overall we get boost.

20%?
    lorun2009 said:

we can't count this as a nerf.

Yes.
    It's just a significant reduction damage all SW.
    KF - Mod 14:

100 DMG- When over 25%
    100 x 2,4 DMG = 240 DMG when below 25%

Mod 15:

100 x 1,2 DMG = 120 - When over 25%
    100 x 1,2 x 2 DMG = 240 - When below 25%

So DMG below 25% didn't change but dmg over 25% is boosted 20% :)
    bellkazi said:

lorun2009 said:

So DMG below 25% didn't change but dmg over 25% is boosted 20% :)

DMG over 50% HP is boosted 20%.
    DMG 50-25% HP is boosted 10%.
    DMG below 25% didn't change
    Total DMG KF is boosted 12.5%.
    So maybe i'm wrong but can you tell me where you found info about 50-25% HP is boosted 10%?

And yes i know that KF hit harder when target have less health but this still don't explaing why 10%.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    lorun2009 said:

SW don't need that boost in my opinion. It would be nice but come on... There is a lot more important things then SW DMG increase.

And SW isn't dead and never was.

You and maybe one other person think that. Unless you hit the agree button yourself. If you want to run around being a buff slave, good for you. If you think you can out DPS high end GWFs/GFs etc, you're dreaming.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • icevil#5835 icevil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    CW needs some buff too
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2018

lorun2009 said:

SW don't need that boost in my opinion. It would be nice but come on... There is a lot more important things then SW DMG increase.

And SW isn't dead and never was.

You and maybe one other person think that. Unless you hit the agree button yourself. If you want to run around being a buff slave, good for you. If you think you can out DPS high end GWFs/GFs etc, you're dreaming.
    SW are dps and should be synonymous again.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Have we had any feedback yet as to why Masterwork I and II now carry better stats and have a higher IL than Masterwork III?
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    benyr said:

Have we had any feedback yet as to why Masterwork I and II now carry better stats and have a higher IL than Masterwork III?

Currently they have better stats and a higher item level, but they JUST have stats, no piece bonuses. It's also not all Masterwork I and II gear - the MW !&II weapons are unchanged and the item level does not seem to have gone up for the old MW I&II PvP gear. So it's hard to say if this is just due to the fact that the professions system is a "Work in progress" or if it's because these items have no bonuses and they are trying to make them more attractive.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • metry99metry99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    > @terramak said:
    >
    > Classes and Balance
    > * Control Wizard
    > * Assailant now clearly states its damage cannot be resisted and cannot crit.
    >
    > * Assailing Force now properly fires 15% of the time; this should be a buff.
    >
    > * Abyss of Chaos now clearly states its damage cannot be resisted and cannot crit.
    >

So....... what was the point of going through all the issue just to state it doesn't crit and can not be resisted but don't fix the issue of either scaling with buffs????

Every feet which works similar, from sw creeping death to tr's sod can all scale with buffs but why can cw's Abyss of chaos and Assailant cannot??
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    benyr said:

Given the difficulty level of Masterwork Crafting, they need to increase the stats on the rare and epic artisans and add some Masterwork supplements.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

Proof:

We want a reason to spec into Thaumaturge and not get some lame damage dealing capstone.

Whats with the sudden change to Abyss Of Chaos being Unresistable Damage? Why are there only 2 powers in game that dont scale with debuffs? And whats with the nerf to Aura of Courage procing on some CW powers? It only makes GWF stronger.

I have the same result as you for Assailing Force.

here is a combat log from a solo Kessel run on preview after the fix to Assailing Force:

Sorry for the french picture but my preview installation on my new PC is in French currently.

Translation:
    Sort de l'orage= Stormspell
    Force Oppressive = Oppressive Force
    Conduit de glace = Conduit of Ice
    Terrain gelé = Icy Terrain
    * Combattant = Assailing Force *
    Désintégration = Desintegration
    Vol Temporel = Steal Time
    Abysse du chaos = Abyss of chaos
    Poignard de glace = Ice Knife
    Froid Rampant = Creeping Frost
    Projectile Magique = Magic Missile
    Arcanes corrumpues = Warped magics

Assailing Force is 8% of my damage not very impressive...
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Started the AI campaign last night:

BUG REPORT:
    During the conversation with Jim Darkmagic while his was giving me the mission 'Dungeon Maintenance' the VO was Sgt Knox telling me about learning a profession...

Good for a laugh... :-)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Proof:

I have the same result as you for Assailing Force.

Assailing Force is 8% of my damage not very impressive...

On a boos with 250% of the effectiveness, Assailing Force % will be lower because other damage % increased debuff.
    I think it would be interesting if they made Assailing Force deal Piercing Damage.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

ONE THING FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW THE EPIC/LEGENDARY ARTISAN YOU HAVE ON LIVE VERSION OF THE GAME ARE NOT BECOMING ARTISAN OF THE SAME QUALITY ON MOD 15, THEY ARE MAKING YOU BUY ALL OF IT ONCE AGAIN WAKE UP EVERYONE

Obviously you do not understand the new system.

A common artisan in the new system can be as effective as an epic artisan in the current system. The new rare and epic artisans currently on test are less than 10% better prof/focus stats and up to 100% more commission. You have to pay attention to their stats and what you are trying to accomplish.

If you have all your slots unlocked on the LIVE server, you will get 8 free artisans: 2 common, 3 rare, and 3 epic. These cost you nothing. Plus you get 4 free common artisans, 2 gatherers and 2 more in your choice of one profession.

Every day, you will have artisans apply to join your workshop. If you have workshop level 3, then you can get rare artisans. If you have workshop level 4, then you can get epic artisans. These artisans cost you nothing to obtain.

There is no need to buy artisans with the new system.
This discussion has been closed.