test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You think this might be the place?" - Neverwinter Teaser?

alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
The official Twitter account just posted this:

This seemed interesting, so I went to PE... and there it is!

I'm riding my Beholder Personal Tank, as a huge fan of Acquisitions Inc and the Day of the Dungeon Master. The NPCs have some dialogue. Are they from Waterdeep? Are they moving into this building? Hmm.

And then I look in the back... they have a Beholder Personal Tank stashed under cargo!!! What is going on here? Is this related to the upcoming Day of the Dungeon Master? To D&D announcing Dragon Heist? To both? To something else??? Excitement!

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!

Comments

• robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Awesome! Grats!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @alphastream Did you notice the lantern on the other side of the wagon? Did you read what the NPCs were talking about? They have event items on that wagon. Lanterns from winter festival, the beholder personal tank, watermelons... I think this is event related.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    It could be event related. I did notice the winter lanterns. I may have been just overwhelmingly swayed by the beholder tank since I'm such a fan of AI.

Here's the dialogue, which seems to repeat randomly. I put into something resembling a conversation:
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: You think this might be the place?
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: Not sure this is what the bosses are looking for...
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: We need a building that has a basement and roof access. What do you think?
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I'm hungry. I thought I saw a tavern nearby.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Let's see. At least three stories, and close to a tavern.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: What? ...I think that's blood over there!
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: That’s not a "little" blood. What kind of city is this?
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: I think this might fit the bosses' needs. We can always repaint.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: Seems like a lot of patrols in the area. Not sure that's good for business.

This could very well be something tied to the upcoming D&D hardback campaign, Dragon Heist. That campaign releases September for tabletop play and is all about criminal underworld organizations in the city of Waterdeep.

So, maybe some of those criminals are moving in, and maybe that's tied to Acquisitions Inc or to other events?

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Imagine if we saw the city of Waterdeep! Like OMG...
  • bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    strathkin said:

Imagine if we saw the city of Waterdeep! Like OMG...

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Jump on the wagon at the back and watch what happens!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    what i saw the teaser, Waterdeep split to 3 zone districts, Worker quarters, business district, and royal villas, and that mad-crazed Beholder lord lurking in Underdark. with "all new challenging" Halastar's Maze.
    edited August 2018
    Pretty cool... looks like things are changing!

The caravan is gone, having moved to in front of Coriol Gate.

Some old and some new Dialogue:
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: You think this might be the place?
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I'm hungry. I thought I saw a tavern nearby.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Yes I know you are hungry. You're always hungry. Let's find a place, and we can get back to Waterdeep.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: I can't wait to try some of the local cuisine.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I can see three dead bodies from here. Like, without moving. No, four. It's four.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: It smells like meat and wet bugbear here. All the time.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Let's see. At least three stories, and close to a tavern.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: I think this might fit the bosses' needs. We can always repaint.

That confirms a Waterdeep connection!

Closer to where it had been, there is a dead body on the ground with 3 guards inspecting it and talking to a citizen. Further down Coriol street (across from the old Linkletter residence) is another "interrogation" taking place. I see other interrogations around PE. I don't recall seeing those before?

• martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    I was near the Disheveled Madman, the NPC that exchanges you the Slayer Belt of the Xwim, near the east door, reading his incoherent phrases :) suddenly... read the last phrase ;);):)

[NPC] Disheveled Madman: It's not too late. It's not too late...but I need your help.
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: Ahh! Valindra! No, wait, that's a turtle.
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: That means... I'm not a giant! This changes everything!
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: You're my only friend, tree. Despite what you did. I forgive you.
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: It wouldn't be so funny if you could see the things I do!
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: Hey, you! No, the other you! No, the other other you!
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: I see you, butterfly. You won't trick me again!
    [NPC] Disheveled Madman: Waterdeep! Heh heh heh.

:o:o:o
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    I think its them telling us they are doing waterdeep. I'm sure they might be working on it right if they have the source material from Wizards of the Coast for the Storyline already. Maybe it will come this year or next year. Who knows.
    But yeah I think they did this to tell us they are doing it. Or maybe to tease us or both. We will see.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2018

I think its them telling us they are doing waterdeep. I'm sure they might be working on it right if they have the source material from Wizards of the Coast for the Storyline already. Maybe it will come this year or next year. Who knows.
    But yeah I think they did this to tell us they are doing it. Or maybe to tease us or both. We will see.

Most probably, at any time they will have information on upcoming material from WoTC a year or so in advance. Just consider how things work....at any given time they must be working on several mods in parallel - fixing bugs in the most recently released one, getting the one scheduled for release next ready for public testing, working on making models and so on for the one after that, and working on ideas for the one following that. No way they can work on just a single mod at a time.

Now, I would have liked a second Ravenloft mod, but we will almost certainly not see that. I consider it much more likely that the next mod (or possibly the next 2-3 mods) will be related to the umcoming content from WoTC. Specifically, "Dragon Heist", (scheduled for release on September 18th) set in Waterdeep, and following that, "Dungeon of the Mad Mage" (scheduled for release on November 13th), set in Undermountain and Skullport.

I would not be surprised if we would see an official announcement of the next NWO module within a month, followed by a release later this yer - maybe set to coincide with the November 13th pen-n-paper release?

And yea, all those hints that have been dropping strongly suggest a Waterdeep and "criminal underground" theme...and yea, the beholders of Undermountain.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    whaever the case may be let's only hope that there is no more monologue dungeon with artificial fights otherwisse that might he the last stick to take from this game they aleready took all the fun away so no more unskippable custs and monologues please
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I honestly do not see the problem with a little uninterruptible box-text. As long as we don't suffer box-text-surprise.. *glares at alphastream* :)

But looks like good times The Waterdeep heist is looking to be one of the most fun hardback adventures for D&D in ages and I have always had a soft spot for crazy old Halaster.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    tousseau said:

I think Player Housing is finally coming to NW...

You wish :)

It took them a couple years to roll a Ravenloft mod despite the fact that Ravenloft was the first 5e PnP campaign. We got Strongholds instead that time, IIRC. Unless they're making major updates to the events (which isn't likely), I'm not so sure it's event related. My money is on a Waterdeep foreshadowing. Either way, it's pretty awesome that the devs are doing this even if it's nothing. It's a great way to get the community talking and adds a lot of flavor to the game. If it IS really a foreshadow of things to come, even better - it's a great way to build buzz and tease upcoming content.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Back to Yawning Portal Inn, with that little "hard working" goblin, wandering and saying "Clean Clean and off to work"
  • sailazsailaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Resume!
    Nice catch! The caravan has moved again! Also noticed above, the Disheveled Madman (by the sewer entrance near the Sleeping Dragon Gate, close to where the caravan first appeared) now has an additional line of text:

Disheveled Madman: Waterdeep! Heh heh heh.

The caravan of Lihn Weyr and Fenric Primp is now between the auction house and market and they have new dialogue (as well as old lines, which I have left out):

[NPC] Lihn Weyr: Say, this place looks promising! There's even room for the ship!
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: I think the bosses might like this place. The price is right!
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I like this place, but it's no Waterdeep.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Do you think the craftsmen here are as good as they are in Waterdeep?
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I'm really glad you didn't bring your lute. Like, ecstatic.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: By Selune and Torm, I think we've found the perfect location. Send a dove with a message!
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: That's not blood, that's... Okay, so it's blood.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I wonder what the local necromancy scene is like.

Ship? Hmm...

edited August 2018

Nice catch! The caravan has moved again! Also noticed above, the Disheveled Madman (by the sewer entrance near the Sleeping Dragon Gate, close to where the caravan first appeared) now has an additional line of text:

Disheveled Madman: Waterdeep! Heh heh heh.

The caravan of Lihn Weyr and Fenric Primp is now between the auction house and market and they have new dialogue (as well as old lines, which I have left out):

[NPC] Lihn Weyr: Say, this place looks promising! There's even room for the ship!
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: I think the bosses might like this place. The price is right!
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I like this place, but it's no Waterdeep.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Do you think the craftsmen here are as good as they are in Waterdeep?
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I'm really glad you didn't bring your lute. Like, ecstatic.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: By Selune and Torm, I think we've found the perfect location. Send a dove with a message!
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: That's not blood, that's... Okay, so it's blood.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I wonder what the local necromancy scene is like.

Ship? Hmm...

Most interesting! What do you think the ship is? Eberron? Or what other ship could it be? In Waterdeep there is no kind of flying ships. And it was about him because how can you place a normal ship near the house in the Protectorate? Rubbish!)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Ships equal pirates! Oh please, oh please, let us have a pirate mod before waterdeep!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Lihn Weyr, Fenric Primp, No one knows, maybe these names pop up somewhere else? Or maybe there is where they can be read? I heard that someone say that these names and these NPS are in D & D Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, is it so?
    sailaz said:

Lihn Weyr, Fenric Primp, No one knows, maybe these names pop up somewhere else? Or maybe there is where they can be read? I heard that someone say that these names and these NPS are in D & D Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, is it so?

The book isn't released yet, so anyone who knows, could not say.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Ships and "local necromancy scene" ? Well, one (or both) of those might be a complete red herring, but the Waterdeep connection looks pretty solid, and again - suggests something related to Dragon Heist and the criminal underground of Waterdeep.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Be nice to be able to poke Xanathar right in the eye with a pointy stick. He totally deserves it. Then, I'm gonna steal his fish and feed it to my cat.
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I wonder if this has something to do with the Foundry door that was moved according to the patch notes from June 26th. I would like some Sahuagin to make an appearance if there will be ships involved.

Closer to where it had been, there is a dead body on the ground with 3 guards inspecting it and talking to a citizen. Further down Coriol street (across from the old Linkletter residence) is another "interrogation" taking place. I see other interrogations around PE. I don't recall seeing those before?

These have been there a while. They are present on console. I do not think it's a part of this.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    award9 said:

I wonder if this has something to do with the Foundry door that was moved according to the patch notes from June 26th.

That sounds very possible. It was apparent SOMETHING was going to go there. I personally hoped for player housing, but I should have known better. :tongue: