test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You think this might be the place?" - Neverwinter Teaser?

13»

Comments

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

@artifleur Most likely a troll. It even has a typo or a weird font https://prntscr.com/kmqq7j . I went to her and Initiated a conversation with her 50 times never got that dialogue. I hope I'm wrong.

Very sorry about you trying 50 times. :|

I was only spreading false rumors. I must admit that my skills with GIMP are limited. :p

I'd kill for a new class though, specially bard. o:)
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @artifleur LOL I cannot give you a "bard class" but maybe a tutorial on the GIMP? <3

This reminds me of all those "urban legends and myths" about the game my sons played back when they were teens. GTA San Andreas had everything from Bigfoot to the Loch Ness Monster and even Ghosts! There was even a group of geeks trying to pick it all apart to find some secret hidden by the developers. So behave yourself, this is how fake moon landing conspiracies get started! :smiley:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Well basically you need to move back a few times then she gives the other dialog. At least this is how I had to get her to say the other things too when I went over there days ago.
    So she will say other lines too. Just got to make sure you move away and wait a bit so she can say something else.
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

I already figured this out the first time I saw it and heard them talking. The people in the wagon are at the wrong gate looking for Jarlaxle Baenre. Jarlaxle is the main feature character to Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and you can find him at the south gate by the wagons.

While that could be, interviews with the tabletop team suggest there are multiple Waterdeep crime lords in the Dragon Heist adventure. Jarlaxle is one of them, Xanathar another. So far, only Xanathar has been mentioned by the visitors in PE.

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options

While that could be, interviews with the tabletop team suggest there are multiple Waterdeep crime lords in the Dragon Heist adventure. Jarlaxle is one of them, Xanathar another. So far, only Xanathar has been mentioned by the visitors in PE.

In theory, then that would be the fourth? Because in this timeline, the third Xanathar is already dead. He was killed by his former agent lich Avaereene.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I think we should also consider that there will be another adventure after Dragon Heist. We can expect it will be either next mod (like Soshenstar-Omu) or it will be also within mod15 since there was a statement that m15 will be "huge".

If I remember correctly, next adventure will be a megadungeon (Undermountain?) with almost 300 rooms. To compare it with ToNG - it's over 3 times bigger.
  • Options

In theory, then that would be the fourth? Because in this timeline, the third Xanathar is already dead. He was killed by his former agent lich Avaereene.
    Xanathar is both a title and a name. There are some nice details in older D&D books, in Volo's Guide to Monsters, and in Xanathar's. I suspect we will see more in Dragon Heist.

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options

I think we should also consider that there will be another adventure after Dragon Heist. We can expect it will be either next mod (like Soshenstar-Omu) or it will be also within mod15 since there was a statement that m15 will be "huge".

If I remember correctly, next adventure will be a megadungeon (Undermountain?) with almost 300 rooms. To compare it with ToNG - it's over 3 times bigger.

The next book was announced and is Dungeon of the Mad Mage. It is the Undermountain super-dungeon located below waterdeep. Old D&D products have covered it before, and this will be a new take on it for 5th edition D&D. I suspect we will see some aspect of it in Neverwinter, though it could be low in plot enough (it is just an enormous dungeon) that it may not work well as a full module.

• Options

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Always be branding! ;)
  • Options

Always be branding! ;)

Don't mind my son and I at PAX when we come up to the booth to excitedly talk about this!

• Options
    Hey, we can all dream of being Viari. After only a few years of facing absurdly difficult challenges, he did make it from intern to actual employee! If he can make it, we can... probably die trying.

• Options
    Here is Penny Arcade's Aquisitions Incorporated there is a YouTube video on that page. Here is the information on the character Jim Darkmagic from the same site.

This was not what I expected to see. So far, 10 out of 10 for surprise...
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Folks who will be at PAX, a tweet today confirms that you can demo content from the new Heart of Fire expansion featuring Acquisitions Inc!

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Always be branding! ;)

So, when are we gonna see the nitecris83 brand Gingerbreaddragonborn??
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    The lines at PAX for trying Neverwinter were pretty nuts, in part due to the Pin they were giving away (PAX people are nuts about pins). I tried to get into the line Saturday and it was 3 hours, so we came back today and hit it first thing Monday.

No idea if our demo is indicative of any portion of the overall game (my guess is that it is a tiny fragment that happens somewhere in the early part of the module). We started with clearing out an area filled with spiders, nothing special (and perhaps warm up for people who are new to Neverwinter?), then met up with Omin Dran and got into the amusement park ride. Without spoiling things, the ride was not a major feature, and the whole thing was very funny. The actual players for Acquisitions Inc (Jerry and Mike) did the voices, and the dialogue had people around me laughing out loud. The experience was very in tune with the Acquisitions Inc concepts (of an adventuring company run like a for-profit business with few scruples). I had fun. I think I played like 15 minutes before the demo ended.

The demo ended with a chest, and the chest had variable rarity. A staff member sees what you earned and gives you coupons for those specific rewards. I think everyone earned a "PAX Champion" title, and I think one other item. I landed a Kingfisher's Intern companion (purple rarity drop but blue companion) and my son... landed a legendary Beholder Tank! Thomas Foss was there and seemed very surprised, so it must be a fairly rare drop. I'm guessing the chest was only for the demo and won't be found in-game. The crew also gifted us a demotivational poster as an out-of-game fun reward. I suspect the posters will be shared on the official site at some point, similar to the Chult travel posters.

Details on the Kingfisher's Intern: Leader companion, Active Bonus is +400 HP and +105 Regen, and powers include Cure Light Wounds, plus "Snack Delivery," which delivers a random buff snack to you once every 30 minutes. It looks like the food buff is a drop. An "Overachiever" ability increases the effectiveness of the food buffs he provides (only those) by +50% when consumed while he is summoned.

I'm a huge Acquisitions Inc fan and huge tabletop D&D fan, and I've written AI D&D content, so I'm about as biased a reviewer as you could get. I had fun and can't wait for the module to arrive.
    Post edited by alphastream on

• Options
    hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    I need to visit PAX someday....

Sounds good sofar though, and nice swag
  • Options
    dsotm#2293 dsotm Member Posts: 11 Arc User

I'm a huge Acquisitions Inc fan and huge tabletop D&D fan, and I've written AI D&D content, so I'm about as biased a reviewer as you could get. I had fun and can't wait for the module to arrive.

Thanks you to share with us thoses infos !

Have you noticed anything related to professions during the demo ?

• Options

Have you noticed anything related to professions during the demo ?

No, I think it was a closed demo instance and it was also set up for console (which was hard for me), so the normal keyboard shorcuts didn't work.

It is interesting to note console design from the beginning.

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    For those wondering: The demo was made specifically for PAX so it was a completely separate server. The content available (Intern orientation and the bank heist skirmish) will be in the next module but rewards, UI, and other gameplay had "made for PAX" specific variations :)
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

For those wondering: The demo was made specifically for PAX so it was a completely separate server. The content available (Intern orientation and the bank heist skirmish) will be in the next module but rewards, UI, and other gameplay had "made for PAX" specific variations :)

When can we expect this on preview?
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    I was wondering that also. I've been checking since the release of the trailer.
  • Options
    sailazsailaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Yes, when?
  • Options
    sailaz said:

Yes, when?
    I anticipate this content should be available on the Preview shard near the end of this month. If you don't have access to Preview, you need to get the link (current links are dead) that will copy one of your characters to that shard. Then I recommend using the quick patch method described on the wiki here.

Notes: Your original character is not effected by changes made to the copy on the Preview. The game has 2 copies making it twice the size on your hard disk drive. Players using Preview are strongly encouraged to send feedback about bugs and other module related issues.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

The content available (Intern orientation and the bank heist skirmish) will be in the next module but rewards, UI, and other gameplay had "made for PAX" specific variations :)

So when the mod hits for real the actual player base can expect our normal RNG instead of what amounted to basically handouts that were happening at PAX West. ;)