test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What the Patch Notes don't tell you

kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
edited July 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
This will be a list of all the undocumented changes after patches starting today 26. July 2018:

Patch Notes 26. July 2018
- Nightmare weapons now cost '65' Trade Bars up from '6' -- This makes it way harder to fill 'Equipment' in your stronghold and unprofitable to salvage them into AD
Info: Confirmed as intended change and titled as "accidental oversight" the same day
r9jtqurw.jpg

Post edited by kisakee on

Comments

• Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @nitocris83 could you check with dev team as this must be a bug for the original cost was 6 tb for nightmareweapons​​
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I checked with the team and it was an intentional change and an accidental oversight in the patch notes (the check-in for this change was missed).

Patch Notes will be updated with the missed information.
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    That short list of patch notes was 3903MB?? Thats what my patcher is downloading
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    OK no more reason to have trade bars... or open boxes for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    So is there a point to trade bars now?
  • Options
    diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 37 Arc User

no. same useless trash that drop from those boxs
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    look on the bright side. People who use a lot of scrolls of mass life will now be able to get a lot of cheap scrolls as everyone will be buying them from now on.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

just for scrolls
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    is there not one person at cryptic who is ITIL certified? This is not an obscure certification and has processes in release and management and change management. It seems so silly that ninja nerfs items conveniently get missed in release notes and old code sneaks back into live on such a regular basis.

So are have lockbox values dropped enough yet? Even the adventurer packs (already relatively worthless) will be worth less now that the market will get flooded with more scrolls of mass life.
  • Options
    bakerg579#4157 bakerg579 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    more mass scrolls of mass? Just wait till they do a "accidental" price change to them and it will happen,this game seems to get worse every update they do all because of the stuff they don't tell us about
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    This is one of those times I am glad Xbox get delayed updates. Not taking any chances.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    still waiting for coal ward coming back to specific market, 1k/ or 800 if discounted, seem still too high.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Well, some of the Legacy Skins are pretty nice. I'll still probably buy a couple of those things every so often. As long as they stay no more than 65'ish. That's about it, though.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2018

kalina311 said:

there was no oversight in the patch note lol they just did not want Pc people to cash in lol

Normally I am very critical of whoever really runs this game but I actually think this was an oversight. I even have a reason why I think this...

So much of this game and the changes in the game are nothing more than simple cash grabs. The removal of class packs was missing from the patch notes as well and this lost the chance for a massive cash grab from all the people who would have decided to buy the packs once they read about them being removed.

If whoever really runs this game is making an oversight of this magnitude on an easy cash grab opportunity then anything is possible.
    I disagree people would have hoarded the packs (non bound ones ) and sold them for many times as much and then backed up the zen exchange/ economy again / more even if cryptic profited (short term gain then leading to a long term loss as packs increased in value ) .. those packs would have been like printing zen
    aside from third party traders having a field day and stocking up ..also deliberately and quite strategically missing from notes

also they are possibly working on better companinon maybe they dont want player cheating them selves by getting account wide sub optimal ones when they could sell you one at a time per character ...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    kalina311 said:

kalina311 said:

there was no oversight in the patch note lol they just did not want Pc people to cash in lol

Normally I am very critical of whoever really runs this game but I actually think this was an oversight. I even have a reason why I think this...

So much of this game and the changes in the game are nothing more than simple cash grabs. The removal of class packs was missing from the patch notes as well and this lost the chance for a massive cash grab from all the people who would have decided to buy the packs once they read about them being removed.

If whoever really runs this game is making an oversight of this magnitude on an easy cash grab opportunity then anything is possible.
    I disagree people would have hoarded the packs and sold them for many times as much and then backed up the zen exchange/ economy again / more even if cryptic profited (short term gain then leading to a long term loss as packs increased in value ) .. those packs would have been like printing zen
    aside from third party traders having a field day and stocking up

also they are possibly working on better companinon maybe they dont want player cheating them selves by getting account wide sub optimal ones when they could sell you one at a time per character ...
    Hmm! You could not hoard the class pack, period. You could only buy it once per account. You would not even able to see it in Zen store after you bought it. You cannot resell it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

kalina311 said:

Changing items in Zen store is not part of the patch. They change Zen store items all the time. Hence, it is not in Patch note.
    And, it is announced in "Adventurer's Pack Rework and Pack Sale!"

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10959853-adventurer's-pack-rework-and-pack-sale!

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    @plasticbat I'm sure you have heard of the term truthiness before : D sure a bit of exaggeration always helps illustrate some points lol keep fighting the good fight ...thus i had the words (unbound ones ) : d .....whats this you say there are no unbound ones lol ...most people will not read the fine print : D....
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    kalina311 said:

@plasticbat I'm sure you have heard of the term truthiness before : D sure a bit of exaggeration always helps illustrate some points lol keep fighting the good fight ...thus i had the words (unbound ones ) : d .....whats this you say there are no unbound ones lol ...most people will not read the fine print : D....

There is no bound one or unbound class pack. You won't see such thing in your inventory.
    I don't know what you were trying to illustrate.
    May be you should start to talk about hoarding bank slots.
  • Options
    sjza80sjza80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Hey folks! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I checked with the team and it was an intentional change and an accidental oversight in the patch notes (the check-in for this change was missed).

@nitocris83 thanks for the update Julia. Are there any assurances from the team that this "accidental oversight" won't recur when similar changes go live for consoles?
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    sjza80 said:

@nitocris83 thanks for the update Julia. Are there any assurances from the team that this "accidental oversight" won't recur when similar changes go live for consoles?
    You want an assurances that they don't forget to mention changes in patch notes? 50:50 i would say, good luck.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    kisakee said:

sjza80 said:

You want an assurances that they don't forget to mention changes in patch notes? 50:50 i would say, good luck.
    I can provide assurance in 100% certainty that it will have intentional and/or unintentional oversight in the future.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    This Zen market flash sale makes me think about 2xAD events whenever they made 'changes' that enraged the community.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    asterotg said:

This Zen market flash sale makes me think about 2xAD events whenever they made 'changes' that enraged the community.

i don't see anymore players trying to reach end game and most of my friends that i was on discord with quit after they got angry becuase of the AD chagnes they used to be able to hardcore farm 250K+ per day but now they can hardly get anything in the game so they just gave thier items away and left the devs don't see the big picture they are trying to fight something called bots by killing innocent players
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    asterotg said:

This unintentional oversight sounds like the 'adjustment' of dragon hoard. After hundreds of posts about the lowered droprates one of the Devs stated, that that there was a slight adjustment and they would keep an eye on it and revert it, if they think, that it is needed. Gues what never happened.

It is your game and your decisions, but I sometimes have the feeling, that you try, to slip something by us or to put it bluntly, treat us like fools. One or two mistakes in 2 years might happen, but the list goes on and on. Like 'Use your old artifact gear, to refine the new one and you will get 90% of the level of your old gear'. Sounds better, then you will get 60% of the RP back, doesnt it. The list goes on and on.

they always do, dont be surprised, also no longer going to buy nightmare daggers for my tr as transmute, not worth it for 65 trade bars each. the artifact feeder no longer works and the amount given from leg/mythic quality refined is not even that high, real dissapointment.