test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No more random queues for me

Comments

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I will add my two cents to this and say to be rather honest no real point in doing randoms to start with or let me say do 1 random que for stronghold and call it a day.
    It is funny when random queues hit people got upset over requirements. Then they said how they wish fbi and msp was in its own queue list.
    Look at what they did in mod 14. They gave people what they asked for.
    Instead of queuing up for a random and getting fbi or msp you can queue up for the other queues and never run fbi and msp at all.
    Now people are upset over it even more.
    Just seems like you cant please everyone.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Just do private que, problem solved. Random que was always <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Sure that´s what I will stay with, premade groups.
    But I felt like pointing at those "improvements", that only drive "mature player" (lol) away from supporting any new/weaker player in this game.
    "11k-troll-queue" for ARQ only separates this community more than it helps anyone.
    The ammount of geared and capable player that step into Heros Accord or Advanced RQ was pretty smal, now it tends to zero.

So "random" is ment to be a "premade group" and there is no intention to give that "random" a random aspect?
    If that´s the case you simply could switch back to the old system with free choice of the dungeon and group you want to run with and earn your daily AD with. Far better because that´s how thing work in NWO anyway (concerning the group).
    By that you could free the community from running bugged and broken mSP, wich is near unplayable and a pretty huge annoyance due to bugs and redicules lags. Better simply delete that dungeon.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    cyruss412 said:

cyruss412 said:

And you can only get 100K AD account wide.

You can get more than 100K rAD account wide. It is the daily rAD refinement cap is 100K account wide. A big difference.
    Yea, the big difference is, I use to be able to get 30,000 AD per toon, per day. That has been reduced to about 8000 now. I have 19 toons, 15 of which are lvl 70. 8 of them that I play regularly. What difference does it make how rAD that I acquire, if I can't use it.
    Seriously, I guess you have far bigger problems than a daily and account-wide 100k refinement limit...
  • Options

Nope , trolls are player that go "advanced dungeons" they can´t complete on their own being dressed as if they mastered level 70 one minute ago and even would not dare to ask their guildmember to pull them through.

That's only the half truth. The other half are trolls that ended up in Throne or PoM and switched character before the rest of the team could enter. They are the main reason for this so-called "bad" decision. And for these trolls alone, I am very happy that the penalty is now account-wide.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Nope , trolls are player that go "advanced dungeons" they can´t complete on their own being dressed as if they mastered level 70 one minute ago and even would not dare to ask their guildmember to pull them through.

That's only the half truth. The other half are trolls that ended up in Throne or PoM and switched character before the rest of the team could enter. They are the main reason for this so-called "bad" decision. And for these trolls alone, I am very happy that the penalty is now account-wide.
    Given that this penalty is now hitting innocent players, such as someone stuck in an incompletable instance that can't be abandoned, I'm extremely unhappy with it. I really don't care if the trolls get hit with a ban or not, I don't even care if they get a character ban. They don't want to be in the queue and I don't want them there, why couldn't they just be removed on disconnect and changing rather than hit them account wide.

And before some says "just vote to abandon instance". 1) It's bugged and won't always trigger, 2) it too has a timer - 15 minutes I think - so you can stand around for that long waiting to start a vote to abandon only to discover that it's not working, 3) there's a cooldown timer on this one too, so if everyone has used theirs within that timeframe it can't be initiated.

Sorry, but the account wide ban is a horrible idea that unfairly hits players who just wants to play. So nah, I'm just gonna do hunts in Barovia for salvage drops and my weeklies and leave it at that. Not touching queues again until this gets changed.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    ilithyn said:

Given that this penalty is now hitting innocent players, such as someone stuck in an incompletable instance that can't be abandoned, I'm extremely unhappy with it. I really don't care if the trolls get hit with a ban or not, I don't even care if they get a character ban. They don't want to be in the queue and I don't want them there, why couldn't they just be removed on disconnect and changing rather than hit them account wide.

The account-wide ban is great and was sorely needed. It should be enough to discourage disconnecting on ToDG and PoM as those are very completable and time to finish is comparable to dungeons. Even if someone disconnects, just kick them after 5 mins (if it works, if not, devs should work on that) and quickly leave yourself without penalty if you want.

Removing immediately on disconnect is not good because crashing can be fairly common. The other day, I crashed in Tiamat as the third head phase began. I got back in as the last head was worked on. It would have sucked if I missed my reward after all that effort.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    ilithyn said:

If there is no penalty, the whole random queue idea is reductio ad absurdum, because everyone would leave the dungeons/skirmishes they don't want, re-queue immediatly and stay for those they want. If that was allowed, the RQs could be removed altogether. I doubt that this is going to happen. (Although there are worse ideas.)
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Not sure if this is a relevant place to comment on queues (for me). Most forumites seem to be the 'run any content, salvage stuff from Epics' variety.

I have a casual account with 5 characters. I play for a month or so at a time, 2-3 times a year. About an hour, maybe an hour and a half a day. Time to zip through some invocations for each, run a fast dungeon on 3-5 of them, a little gear updating and that was it.

When I could do a daily dungeon, that allowed me to quickly use my daily key, grab some seals, cash in about 10,000 AD (dungeon payout plus my invocation bonus), earn a little gold. Average about 40,000 AD per day on the account.

When they changed to 'random dungeon queue', I could still do 3-4 dungeons a day; sometimes longer/slower dungeons, I was less useful in the tougher ones, occasionally on a tougher run higher players would just quit out and leave me to complete the run on my own - sometimes this meant I only finished 1 or 2 dungeons in a day. Still, I got some seals, some gold, and was still averaging about 35,000 AD per day on the account.

Now with just 'random anything queue': I end up in Illusionists Gambit where I just get killed again and again, or Masters Hunt which goes well and quickly (being carried) but doesn't use my Dungeon key. If I run 3-4 Randoms trying to get a Dungeon, I can only do 2 characters a day; I get less loot, less exp, less gold, I'm fairly useless in the things I do end up in, and it looks like I am now lucky to get about 16,000 AD per day on the account.

I understand that perhaps something needed to be done to limit mega-accounts that have fully equipped alts that could run high content, get salvageables, and refine hundreds of thousands of AD per day.

I'm wondering where the current process leaves the level 60's, the new 70's, the casuals who hit 70 a while ago but don't have great gear, the people who aren't oozing with guild boons and completed campaigns and armor/weapon enchantments and rank 10 bonding stones. These people aren't running Epic anything, aren't salvaging anything, can't even get into anything *but* the 'random levelling queue', and it looks like it seriously limits their advancement and enjoyment.

I expect people will just say 'well git gud, play more, join a guild, complete your campaigns, gear up, boon up, earn more AD, buy those bonding stones' etc. Which is what I had finally decided to do about 2 weeks ago, and I started running and earning stuff on my account to regularly earn/refine 55,000 AD per day (across the whole account)… and then they nuked all that and sent me back to the earning level I was doing when I was level 20.

Note: already equipped the gear from the Ravenloft intro, it helps a bit but without the boons/high enchants/high companions etc etc I can still only access the Random Levelling Queue, and I am fairly ineffective even in half of those.
  • Options
    szaoszao Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    This queue penality is annoying. I get the penality when left the party with team who cant even kill 3 adds without me, or had 3 offline player and cant kick them. All the restriction on offline player kicking is HAMSTER. Let them kick at dungeon start for free, but leave the 5 min if the team started to fight.

Also im not in the game to carry other 4 HAMSTER (yeah, u should be HAMSTER if u cant avoid an attack with 3 sec RED effect before it), so just forget the damn leaver penality. I feel to abandon the instance for a reason. There are players who cant do damage, healers who cant heal, tanks who cant tank with 12k++ ilvl. And they running CN, FBi etc ....

Let me decide how to play in my time, dont wanna waste 1 hour on a 15 min dungeon coz someone cant play, or not geared enough.

Mainly all of others stupidity, i get the penality if i leave the party. Stupid system.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,265 Arc User
    Hence, the title of this thread.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I don´t really care about normal or experienced queue. The

Honestly I run a lot of Pom etc and it nerver was from any importance , if or if no the group was made of 4 or 5 player in a random setup...
    But it is from interest if or if not my teammates in FBI and mSP are capable to kill more than a powrie in Sharandar or not.
  • Options
    cyruss412cyruss412 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

cyruss412 said:

cyruss412 said:

And you can only get 100K AD account wide.

You can get more than 100K rAD account wide. It is the daily rAD refinement cap is 100K account wide. A big difference.
    Yea, the big difference is, I use to be able to get 30,000 AD per toon, per day. That has been reduced to about 8000 now. I have 19 toons, 15 of which are lvl 70. 8 of them that I play regularly. What difference does it make how rAD that I acquire, if I can't use it.
    Seriously, I guess you have far bigger problems than a daily and account-wide 100k refinement limit...
    Your problem! Not Mine.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    szao said:

This queue penality is annoying. I get the penality when left the party with team who cant even kill 3 adds without me, or had 3 offline player and cant kick them. All the restriction on offline player kicking is HAMSTER. Let them kick at dungeon start for free, but leave the 5 min if the team started to fight.

Also im not in the game to carry other 4 HAMSTER (yeah, u should be HAMSTER if u cant avoid an attack with 3 sec RED effect before it), so just forget the damn leaver penality. I feel to abandon the instance for a reason. There are players who cant do damage, healers who cant heal, tanks who cant tank with 12k++ ilvl. And they running CN, FBi etc ....

Let me decide how to play in my time, dont wanna waste 1 hour on a 15 min dungeon coz someone cant play, or not geared enough.

Mainly all of others stupidity, i get the penality if i leave the party. Stupid system.

u can alrdy decide with whom to run. Ive only do random ques like once a month for the lols, believe me u can earn AD with private que way faster and more efficient then with random que.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Even full group is no good now for the lower random.

Got Tiamat. Some n00b bugged the black head by crossing the red line too soon so it was uncompletable ( @kreatyve please bring this to the attention of the devs, that bug REALLY needs fixing if Tiamat is going to be included in the Q), now somebody has to take the leaver penalty or we have to sit around for ages.
  • Options

Honestly I run a lot of Pom etc and it nerver was from any importance , if or if no the group was made of 4 or 5 player in a random setup...
    But it is from interest if or if not my teammates in FBI and mSP are capable to kill more than a powrie in Sharandar or not.

Hmm, I guess you got that wrong what I said. I also do not see a problem to finish PoM with 4 or 5 people. The problem is, these trolls go afk at the campfire, BEFORE you can actually ENTER PoM. So you stand in the activation circle for five minutes, not being able to do anything but to wait and kick that troll after the five minutes.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,108 Arc User
    And return to people spending the day in queue hoping that their instance will pop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    And return to eToS and eSoT being the only thing people run for RAD.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,265 Arc User
    greywynd said:

And return to people spending the day in queue hoping that their instance will pop.

And return to eToS and eSoT being the only thing people run for RAD.

That was the good old days. I chose where I went. I went with whom I chose.
    With the new change, it is kind of going back to what it was because most people will do only one RQ per type per account.
    I start to see more private good runs.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018

I did about 5 ADVANCED random queues today. 90% ended in mSpellplague meeting "adavanced player" with 9 to 12 k IL.
    In my eyes these player destroy that "random idea". You can´t hope for one or two strong player in a random queue to get that mSP/FBI done, being dressed as if you failed to kill a powrie 5 seconds ago, no way.
    I took the penalty several times, since I am not interested in wasting one second for those player, waiting to get pulled though content. This is a waste of time and no fun in general, fail 100%,

Randomqueue = dead
    Trollqueue = 100%
    Premade queue is the only option, as I stated commenting the patchnotes.

Random Advanced Queue with MSP and PUGs is borked. Not only is MSP bugged with Kabal (chains NOT breaking on fireball), but also having new players not understand mechanics, not surviving the 1st or 2nd boss, quitting without leaving the party first (forcing one of the remaining players to use their 4 hour VOTE kick) makes RAQ right now NOT FUN.

I spent 1.5 hours with my 16.8k DC trying to carry a team, with no success. Why bother with RAQ when I could have used my time better instead?

This is a pitiful change to RQs.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    After many decision, they made to improve quality of life in NWO, they should come to the conclusion that random queue partially is a dead end, since noone has any interest to pull poorly geared "account-hopper" though endcontent. ARQ like this is not working. Increase IL up to 14+ (at least) or delete that queue, and kick edemo, it´s a low level dungeon.

A lot of player lost interest and intention to run daily dungeons right after implementation of random queue few mods ago.
    The intention to support undergeared or "weaker" player is honorable, but if you force all other player to step back from random (esp advanced) queue due to those players who only intend to get pulled through content with minimum investment (some of them may be owner of 10+ accounts), it´s nothing else than punishing the legit player, who take care and work hard for their gear an build.
    There is no real random queue anyway, at least in ARQ. It´s a premade party hoping, that mSP will not pop up this time.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Weekend Advanced RQ results - FBI - not a chance, we all gave up after 15 mins, FBI - we bailed after 5 minutes, MSP - x 3 each time we bailed after second mob group, MSVA - wiped the army in about five minutes, wiped on the boss almost instantly, wiped the army second time - fought the boss for a few minutes, barely scratched it before team wiped, wiped the army and fought the boss again, barely scratched it gave up. Epic Demogorgon, success at last.

With these end game dungeons and skirmishes, if people dont know the mechanics as well as have the iL you are borked.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Now, lets go to the beginning: Random queue was introduced to make getting to not so tempting dungeon faster.

Levelling rq - works miracles, destroys new-guys experience.
    Intermediate rq - works, but has trolls.
    Advanced rq - pure disaster. The promised rAD lures people, but the dungeons have some requirements on party composition, gear, skill, knowledge - and those people do not want to experience, learn or anything - they just want rAD.
    + includes seriously bugged dungeons (both long term issues and brand new ones delivered by the new mod)
    + the acceptance of the queue (for example 3/5) shows you that you are going to a dung, so people just cancel it as the dungs are harder and longer then the other options, but do not give any additional bonus on completing - so why to bother
    Further rq - not enough experience to comment. Even the masochism this game forces on me must have some limits.

So, my advice to devs would be remove rAD reward from rq. Simple as that. Make completing a dung rewarding, not completing a random queue. You said people always choose the fastest way to AD and it is complicated to scale rewards accordingly. But what you made instead empathise (not exploit!) exactly that greediness and is simply awful to other players as a bonus.
    My advice to players: If you really must run RAQ, make your own 5 member team that is willing to run even bugged dungeons. Or forget about advanced queue and get your AD elsewhere. Some honourable notion as "lets help someone missing member in a team" was destroyed as 4 out ot 5 members of RAQ are just opportunists lured to the otherwise deterrent design.
  • Options
    rikitaki said:

+ the acceptance of the queue (for example 3/5) shows you that you are going to a dung, so people just cancel it as the dungs are harder and longer then the other options, but do not give any additional bonus on completing - so why to bother
    Further rq - not enough experience to comment. Even the masochism this game forces on me must have some limits.

The devs should hide this information as it allows more experienced players (better geared ones) to select a subset of dungeons they prefer to get. This is partially contributing to the low gear FBI/mSP problem.

The min iLevel for ARQ should be increased. I've been in a few eDemo where the group barely made gold in the first round. This is "advanced" queue and many players don't know they should zerg the purple portals. This is an indication of player quality in the queue. Not surprise since hitting 11K is quite easy now with the gear available to new players.

nSVA is puggable. But if all DPS is 11/12K, they will struggle. If 11K ACDC or dev OP occupy the heal slots, there won't be enough DPS to defeat the boss. Then you are hoping that people will not vote to abandon after 15 mins causing RQ players to walk away with nothing.

mSVA is pretty much always finish on timer expiration. And hoping that people don't vote abandon.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    There is one thing I do not understand. After the introduction of random queues but before M14 the community begged the devs for putting mSVA, FBI and mSP into their own queue. Now the community got what they asked for and still complains? And what's really ridiculous about it is, the community complains that this special queue is too hard...? Ok, eDemo does not belong into that queue but that's actually the only bad aspect of the new queue classifications.

If you think RAQ is too hard for random groups, if you think the required item level is too low, just don't run RAQ then. You already got what you asked for.

(And if you try to argue that you miss the rADs, queue for CN, eToS, ... and salvage the loot. 13k as a reward for the RAQ is probably the same as (at most) two CN runs and compared to one mSP or FBI run via RAQ, two CN runs are even faster.)
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

There is one thing I do not understand. After the introduction of random queues but before M14 the community begged the devs for putting mSVA, FBI and mSP into their own queue. Now the community got what they asked for and still complains? And what's really ridiculous about it is, the community complains that this special queue is too hard...? Ok, eDemo does not belong into that queue but that's actually the only bad aspect of the new queue classifications.

If you think RAQ is too hard for random groups, if you think the required item level is too low, just don't run RAQ then. You already got what you asked for.

(And if you try to argue that you miss the rADs, queue for CN, eToS, ... and salvage the loot. 13k as a reward for the RAQ is probably the same as (at most) two CN runs and compared to one mSP or FBI run via RAQ, two CN runs are even faster.)

You know what - you're correct. I hadn't really paid enough attention to what was in RAQ - I thought it was similar to what was there before :smiley:

However, I still say 11k iL is way too low