test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadout issue

shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
I honestly don't know if this is a bug or not, but on my HR, I now have 3 loadouts..archer, combat and trapper. I just made the trapper loadout a few days ago. I was making sure that my gear applied to all three loadouts tonight and double checked that every piece had been designated that way. I could navigate easily between combat and trapper, but was unable to access "original", my archer build at all. I kept getting a message that some pieces couldn't be accessed. So then I went back and designated every piece to be in all loadouts again and it still kept giving me the same message. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    After some disccusion with the GMs, I was directed to post here since they suspect my problem is from an unreported bug.

This is only happening on my oldest character. My other level 70 characters can change loadouts.

When I attempt to click on “Switch Loadouts” I hear the sound effect that goes with the change but I do not see the load bar for the change nor does the loadout in fact change.

I have tried at several campfires and in my guild Stronghold in case that was affecting it.

There is no error that I can find in the Log.

Post edited by melinden on
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    Did you check your mounts/insignia?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    Oh! Thanks! I didn't think about the mounts :) You probably just resolved my issue!

I submitted an in-game ticket for this as well: ticket ID #4,689,110

. It's getting awfully frustrating since as a DC this means I can't go into dungeons and raids as I am in my soloing loadout.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    You can swap mounts, however, the problem are the insignias. If insignias are ever in mounts which are 'idle', when you try to swap to a different loadout which tries to bring out that insignia to use, it cannot, and thus you cannot switch to that loadout.

'Apply to all loadouts' helps as it resets the insignias and mounts.

Thus, if you really want to interchange mounts between active and idle with different loadouts, for now, you must have separate insignias for each.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I have the same issue with my CW, cannot switch loadout and I've done the "apply to all loadouts" trick with everything possible.
    The GM who helped me originally had me apply all the companions and mounts to all loadouts as their first recommendation. The conclusion the GM came to was that this was a bug.

I am happy to hear that the devs are aware of the bug.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    It was the insignia thing. Thanks so much! All good now :)

• annamd79annamd79 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I cannot switch loadout on one of my characters. I don't have anything on cooldown and overload is empty, i can hear the sound when trying to switch, but nothing happens and I get no error message or anything. Any ideas what might be wrong?
    Check mount and insignia.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • annamd79annamd79 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks, resolved
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I applied all mounts to all loadouts. I updated all companions in all loadouts. I applied every piece of equipment to all loadouts. Nothing is on cooldown. I can't change loadouts.
    This is ridiculous.
    Fix it.
    No.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I am having the same problem. Getting an error message saying that some items from loadout cannot be equipped so it won't load.
    edited April 2018
    I got that error message at first. Now, just like the other poster, the game makes the changing loadouts sound but doesn't do anything. I got the usual useless form response from a help ticket suggesting that I try the world's most obvious things, which of course I already had. But hey, at least I have the opportunity to try out archery in pve while I wait the inevitable weeks or months for a simple fix.
    I don't have any duplicate insignia problems. At this point I'd rather wait (the inevitable ludicrously long time) for a fix than do Cryptic's QA work for free.
    Not resolved for me. I removed all my mount insignias, put them back in, updated all mounts in all loadouts (which I had done already, before any of this) and I still can't change loadouts. This is a simple bug and they need to fix it in code. It is not gonig to be solved by players going through some tedious bunch of work.
    Updating all moutns in all loadouts did not resolve it for me. Still not fixed, still a bug, devs need to actually work on this.
    "Apply to all loadouts" does NOT resolve the issue for me. Neither does removing all insignias. Devs need to actually work on this.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My GWF now is bugged. Instead of doing a respec, used the free loadout so I could reference the old build. Completely redid her stable and added a new mount. Now the old loadout is bugged. Removing insignia, applying mounts and pets to all loadouts doesn't help. I assume that the new axebeak is stuck in the works somehow since none of the normal workarounds help. At least the bugged one wasn't intended as a loadout to be used.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Doing Fane of the Night Serpent as archery is going to be awesome. Sigh.
    edited April 2018
    grrouper said:

Just thought i would add this here. Not sure if the devs look at these post very much but thought this was strange and might play a role in how or why some loadouts are getting bugged. As you can see in this screen shot i just opened a pack and got a insignia from that pack and it somehow gets marked as used in a loadout as soon as i received it. Never noticed this before and if the same thing is going on with blue ones we get from dungeons then this can cause loadouts to get bugged every time a person gets one and tosses, donates or sells it

it is 'normal'. If the same insignia (of the same kind) is in your mount, the one in the inventory will have the symbol. I have a stack of insignia that has that symbol.

e.g. if you have ONE blue Regal insignia of Aggression in your mount, all the blue Regal insignia of Aggression in your inventory will have that symbol. It does not matter if you stack them to one inventory slot or spread them to few inventory slots.

As far as I know there is no harm done because I can move them to another character and the original character's loadout is not bugged.
    edited April 2018
    grrouper said:

grrouper said:

Just thought i would add this here. Not sure if the devs look at these post very much but thought this was strange and might play a role in how or why some loadouts are getting bugged. As you can see in this screen shot i just opened a pack and got a insignia from that pack and it somehow gets marked as used in a loadout as soon as i received it. Never noticed this before and if the same thing is going on with blue ones we get from dungeons then this can cause loadouts to get bugged every time a person gets one and tosses, donates or sells it

it is 'normal'. If the same insignia (of the same kind) is in your mount, the one in the inventory will have the symbol. I have a stack of insignia that has that symbol.

e.g. if you have ONE blue Regal insignia of Aggression in your mount, all the blue Regal insignia of Aggression in your inventory will have that symbol. It does not matter if you stack them to one inventory slot or spread them to few inventory slots.

As far as I know there is no harm done because I can move them to another character and the original character's loadout is not bugged.
    Well i would think the game should recognize what insignia is used in a loadout vs not. otherwise it will scatter them in inv and just the fact that when you go yo sell it and it says that it is being used in a loadout makes you have to double check, But same happens with protections on enchantments if you have one posted at auction house and gets returned to inventory it gets marked as protected is it stacks with another.
    They should but they don't. I think they just use a simple algorithm to flag the insignia in the inventory. Instead of catch one, it catches all.

I myself am very careful to deal with mount/insignia for the loadout. I don't change insignia within a mount among loadouts. If I have to use different insignia for another loadout, I stable a different mount which equips different insignia.
    Any update on this? We've seen several patches now but no fix.
    No fix with the newest patch. My question is, since they aren't fixing this simple bug, can I have my 1000 zen back?
    Another patch with nothing about this. Could we get an update?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll check to see what updates there are on this issue.