Install Arc
Options

Weapon Enchantments

2»

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    grrouper said:

@mebengalsfan#9264 As i all ready stated Bronzewood has a bug and does not give the buff debuff from divine glow or so i have heard from others that do test. So it really make zero sense to try to say it is BiS for a "DC" to use when one of out top powers is divine glow (unless you like the butterflies and thinks thst just BiS o:) ) Also Bronzewood i have been seeing used by paladins a lot. And i have zero issues with any DC that wants to use lightning like i said i am no tester but a see magic happen when it is used. Always crits to proc fire of the god = bear your sins and condemning gaze with ease. And really if you are just starting to build a DC it will help also on keeping good up time on buffs.

Bronzewood is a buggie period. It is not suppose to provide the 16% damage buff to the group, but it does. As for DG issue with Bronzewood, yeah that is a problem and I can see why it may not be used by a DC.

I also can see how good Plague Fire is for a DC and how Lighting maybe a good enchantment as well.

With the changes to enchantment, I talked to a few CW and they have issues keeping the stacks on Plague Fire. Do you know if DC have been impacted as well with keeping up the 3 stacks with Plague Fire? Both classes are encounter heavy.

I stick with the Terror mainly because of the groups I run with it compliments their enchantments.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    First time I ever hear of Bronzewood sharing that 16% buff with a 50% uptime to the group, used that enchant in PVP situational mods ago.
    If that ench does share it´s buff , it would be better than any other enchant even with that 50% uptime.
    Tooltip: " Deals an extra 20% weapon damage as Arcane damage.
    Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked. While marked, your at will and encounter powers do 18% more damage to the target. You and your allies also do 8% more damage and target's that are marked also do 12% less damage to you. The duration of the Mark is 10 seconds and it has a 20 second cooldown."

I was told in this threat that Dread/Plaguefire`s debuffs stack, using a trans and an unparalelled together.
    So if you are not 100% crit (AC-DC normally), what can be better in terms of debuffing, than stacking that 12% + 10.5% plaguefiredebuff on a target, provided you constantly keep those stacks up all time, wich is possible?
    A Dread at unparalelled is 10% (high crit needed). A frost is 12% for 10seconds every 20second, u-Terror 8% ?, u-Bronze 8% (50% uptime), Vorpal 3% are all inferior, less in terms of debuffs.
  • Options
    nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Speaking of debuff stacking, i was under the impression that all the debuffs stacked, except for Dread, up until the absolute unreachable limit of 300% increased damage taken, with harsh diminishing returns after 200%. Up until now I thought everyone in the party could run Trans Terror and have all those +6% dmg stack.
    It it not the case? Do the weapon enchantments' debuff stack only if they're different rank/enchantment? I mean, a party running Terror rank 8, 10 and 12 gets three different Terror debuffs on the target, but a party running 5 trans Terror gets a single Terror debuff?

Edit: Ok, nevermind, i looked up on rjc9000's dc guide and in the debuff section there was my answer: only the strongest effect is applied. I guess i was hallucinating or something when I saw all those Terror debuff icons under the boss's health meter.

With that being said, I guess DCs are stuck with less mainstream enchantments as far as debuffs are concerned. Dread is used by dps, Feytouched too, Vorpal isn't worth mentioning for debuffs and it's also used by dps.

Terror, maybe. That's an all around enchantment, fire and forget for a while. My gwf rocks it, but i think I'll have to switch to something else.

Plaguefire would be ok, but it sounds like something that should be used by a character that only aims for the boss, since the stacks have a 3 seconds duration. Probably more useful on a MoF CW.

Frost. I REALLY don't like Frost. I don't like the downtime, even if i know that on average it's more or less the same as the other debuff enchantments. Also, it has a 10 seconds duration, which is useful for pure healers too. Fire once every 20 seconds on the boss and the enchantment does his thing while you keep people alive. AND, nobody other than support character would ever think of using Frost, so no wasted debuffs here. Last but not least, it is 11% debuff or whatever for a short duration, which is good for melt groups.

Bronzewood: it's bugged, so who knows. Probably gonna be fixed soon, so not worth the AD investment imho.

Screw you debuffs: of course, we could also just get a Vorpal or Dread just for the increased dmg/healing on crits, a Feytouched to cosplay as Barbie / deal more dmg, or Holy Avenger because we are Clerics and that sounds about right. We are talking about something like a 6% debuff on the target, that becomes less and less as the sum of debuffs gets up to or past 200%.

Any other option?
    Post edited by nihlocke#5890 on
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

First time I ever hear of Bronzewood sharing that 16% buff with a 50% uptime to the group, used that enchant in PVP situational mods ago.
    If that ench does share it´s buff , it would be better than any other enchant even with that 50% uptime.
    Tooltip: " Deals an extra 20% weapon damage as Arcane damage.
    Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked. While marked, your at will and encounter powers do 18% more damage to the target. You and your allies also do 8% more damage and target's that are marked also do 12% less damage to you. The duration of the Mark is 10 seconds and it has a 20 second cooldown."

I was told in this threat that Dread/Plaguefire`s debuffs stack, using a trans and an unparalelled together.
    So if you are not 100% crit (AC-DC normally), what can be better in terms of debuffing, than stacking that 12% + 10.5% plaguefiredebuff on a target, provided you constantly keep those stacks up all time, wich is possible?
    A Dread at unparalelled is 10% (high crit needed). A frost is 12% for 10seconds every 20second, u-Terror 8% ?, u-Bronze 8% (50% uptime), Vorpal 3% are all inferior, less in terms of debuffs.

Bronzewood is not 8% it is 26% due to it being bugged. That is why it is BiS. Even if DG does not proc Bronzewood, you have two other encounter powers to use that can proc it.

I don't mind paying for a Trans weapon but the cost of the higher rank is not worth the slight increases it provides. I am stick to my trans weapons for now, same with my enchantments, sticking to R13 for now until the price of UES come down.